RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3854
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Congratulations all!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2249
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Loved the application process and am glad to bring Dvalin the Cleric to the party.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:25 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3733
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Dang, Boots were a popular quenchant. I almost went with the boots but I thought there were more interesting ways to interpret the Spinning Coin.
I would have figured the Ale would be the goto quenchant.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:50 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2809
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Yeah, I know ale is my favorite go to for quenching!

I prefered the Spinning Coin as well. Could mean money, wealth, luck, fate, the dichotomy of a persons soul.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:53 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3733
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Change, chance, balance, choices, duality... That one just felt right.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:14 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1610
GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound GiraffeSound
Thanks for the opportunity! It really was a fun process.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Applications for a replacement and a couple additional Dwarves are open! Come get short and sassy with us!
Old 06-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Foolish Mortal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9977
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
I'm already playing a battlerager in another game, but I might be interested in one of the support characters. Is there a particular role you need to fill? And are there any race restrictions?

Last edited by Huhart; 06-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Smartass Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3086
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
I'll throw in for Gromden.

Replace Gromden ApplicationI’ll try to fill Avner’s rather large shoes and give it a go with Gromden.

1. Gromden was involved in a bar-room game called Bashit, where you put a mug of ale on top of your head and your opponent has to punch you in the face. If the mug falls, then you lose. If the mug stays, then you win. Gromden got to the final round, both of his eyes are nearly swollen shut and a couple of his teeth would feel loose if he wasn't so drunk. He's about to face his opponent to see who's the winner of the Bashit Tournament, winner gets about 25 gold. What does he say, how does he act, up until he throws that first punch?

1a. "Oy! Pendooo!" Unable to see well through his puffy, swollen, battered and bruised eyes the battlerager reached out to his right and grabbed the first bar patron he could feel with an iron grip. With a quick, brutal yank Gromden pulled the poor dwarf patron down near his rank mouth and foul smelling beard and belched into his face, "Finds me shi-hic-ster!" Spittle flew and his words slurred as the obscene amount of brew he had so far consumed in the Bashit Tournament raged against the rager for control of his stocky dwarven body.

"I'm here brother," came Pendo’s voice off to Gromden's left.

"Sis!" he yelled as he reached out for her. As their hands clasped he pulled his sister in close, whispering, "I can'ut hardly see. Yer gunna hafta cut me ta reduce da swellin'." As his sister started to pull away in protest he held her firm. "Jus' do it Sis. Its da last round n'I wanna see if'n me opp'nent be as bad off as I!" Nodding Pendo pulled out a small sharp knife and proceeded to cut open the areas so puffy they obscured Gromden’s vision. With but a wince the crazy barbarian let the blood flow down into his beard as his hard eyes looked across the small ring of spectators surrounding the two stools the competitors sat upon and finally sized up his opponent.

Staring back at him was a bruiser of a dwarf. Soot and dirt covered skin marked him as a miner of some kind. His bulging muscles flexed as his own burly looking mining crew worked upon his equally battered and bruised face. "Oy! ‘Ey dare bootyful!" the zerker grinned mockingly as he pushed out blood and spittle onto his beard through loose teeth. "How’sa boot I’sa buy you’s n’ yer lady friends a round after I win da twenty five gold bits?! Eh?" With a hearty laugh he put a mug of ale upon his rather flat head and beckoned to his opponent, "C’mon now lass, gimme yer love tap!"

2. Gromden's beloved sister, Pendo, is being assaulted by three bugbears, and she won't be able to fight them off (in Gromden's eyes, Pendo is plenty tough in her own right), but Gromden can't reach her right away as he's busy tussling with a human wizard who has proven quite resilient, darn mages, who will flee if he can and that absolutely must not be allowed. What does Gromden do? RP the situation and his choice.

2a. Gromden’s intense state dressed down the wizard a few feet from him as a trio of bugbears leapt out and ambushed his sister. The battlerager felt immediately torn between helping his sister fight off her ambushers or beating the wizard down before he could get away, ruining their mission. In a split second he made his decision. With a primal cry he rushed the wizard. The scared wizard turned to flee but the dwarf jumped on his back and wrapped his arm around his scrawny neck. With a sharp pull he put his prey into a headlock. "You’re not gunna go anywhere bub!" Once he had a firm grip he began to drag the wizard back towards his sister, "Call off ya goons or I’ma gunna pop yer head like a pimple on me arse." To accentuate his point he began to squeeze the magic user’s head, tightening his headlock as he continued to drag him over. "Do it or ya body be also my meatshield against dare attacks!"

3. Talk talk talk talk talk. The group hasn't done anything interesting in a long time, just all this chatter with people who Gromden may or may not want to just punch in the face (note, he wears battlerager armor). Gromden's bored, he knows there's action to be had, but all this chatter is wasting time while the gobbers are getting away/planning their next move/making more gobbers for Gromden to kill (okay, that might be okay with him).

3a. As the two sets of twins finish a much needed rest in what appears to have once been a storeroom, one of the twins paced like a feral animal waiting to be uncaged. As the other three looked over the map for the underground storage area of the old monastery they were sent to clear gobbers of, Gromden found himself bored and wanted to whet his axe with more of that sweet, sweet gobber blood. As the other three whispered about tactics and best routes or paths to take, the burly dwarf’s ears tuned them out as the clatter of nails on stone and the light sound of rustling armor reached his ears from beyond the storeroom door. The sounds were getting louder And were approaching their spot in the middle of the long hallway. "Sis," he whispered, trying to to give away their position but his sister shushed him with an annoying, dismissive hand wave as they finalized their plans.

Reaching down Gromden grabbed a small pebble and put it between his thumb and middle finger before flicking it as hard as he could. It bounced off Pendo’s cheek and her attention turned to focus an outraged, but quizzical stare at him that more or less said, “WHAT!?” With a wink and a grin that said, “Sorry, but this is me!” the battlerager leaned back and raised his foot to kick open the door. He watched with smug satisfaction as his sister’s look turned from annoyance to surprise and finally resting on a scowl as his foot connected with the door, blasting it through a goblin patrol. The goblins stood up dazed from the impact of the door and the wall and turned to find a crazed dwarf in spiked armor holding out his arms yelling, "Oy! Tha’ looked like it hurt! C’mon! Let papa give ya a hug!"

"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 06-07-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Feel free to make the character you want to make. Dwarfs preferred, gnomes available, if you want to make another race, you can go ahead, but you might be waiting a very very long time before joining, as the characters are in the Great Rift right now, and that is a very protected place. Non-dwarves and non-gnomes just are not allowed in the area where they live.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 372
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama

Quick question: how much money will the character get to outfit himself if chosen?

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 06-14-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Table and Q&A updated.

5 days remaining for applications.

Last edited by Karhald; 06-10-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7260
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Bilner Darkbottom

Race: Rock Gnome

Class: Rogue

Appearance: Short and stout, even for his own kind, Bilner has a head of thick black hair and a face with naught a whisker. Not because he shaves it with any kind of diligence but he is just one of those lucky folks who happens to not grow facial hair. He is always outfitted for delving into any cracks, crevices, dungeons, towers or prisons he can find himself in. Some of those places he's chosen to enter and some he was thrust into but he is always prepared. Shovel, crowbar, bucket, tinderbox, torches and lock picks are all tools that protrude from Bilner's outfit in one place or another. His pack is always bulging with as much food as he can afford to carry. Delving in a zombie infested dungeon is no excuse to miss breakfast after all.

Background: Charlatan

Personality: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.

Ideal: I'm determined to make something of myself.

Bond: I used to commit petty acts of thievery or forgery until an innocent came to harm because of my misdeed. I've never forgiven myself and since then I stick to the forgotten places of the world and do not steal from those who cannot afford to be stolen from.

Flaw: I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

RP Sample: Bhaerynden, were they really going there? Ever since the group of dwarves had wandered into Kholtar the town had been abuzz about the gnoll attack and the heroics performed by the caravan's protectors. Now, Bilner had it from a reliable source, one of the dwarves had taken a scroll to be transcribed and dropped that massive tidbit. It was everything Bilner wanted out of an adventure. A lost and forgotten destination where anything he found was fair game, where no one would get hurt from pilfering. Not to mention he would be going with the heroes of the caravan! The battlerager Gromden, Dvalin, Sonnlinor of Moradin, the holy warrior Helja, and the rapier master Pendo; these were fine dwarves to delve into the lost ruins of Bhaerynden with. To think of the stories he could tell afterwards. Now, he just need to find them and convince them he was worth having along.

Last edited by tomplum; 06-11-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:01 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
I want to thank the three for their applications, and am happy that Gromden will have a new player in Mostlymad!

Gualdarrama with a Wizard, and Tomplum with a rogue, please come on over to the game, introduce yourself, and we'll get to work on making your characters.