RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-01-2019, 02:58 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,528
Andwair

The Mino looks to Gajine and shakes his head.. "Eh.. Mister Silverset don't likely open until morning hours Mister Gajine. But you'll be right happy with his qual-o-tee work, yes hmn. yep. " He eyed the hide with a curious look.. "I've seen that sort of pelt before... Just not round here... Where'd ya happen upon it at?"


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-01-2019, 03:06 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 1199
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 749
Kiirion
right-aligned image


Kiirion's brain was sometimes a blessing, but mostly a curse. He absorbed information at rapid rates, especially when it was directly in front of him. His anxiety causing the information to overwhelm him. When that happened, the best thing to do was to get away from everything, find somewhere quiet, relaxing, and most importantly, away from people. Both times today that he had tried to escape though, people followed him. The first time it was Vesper, and now, it was a complete stranger. Even without looking at her, his senses attacked his brain. Her voice was so loud in his ears that it was like she was screaming at him, even though her voice was at a normal volume.

Kiirion opened his mouth to speak, but the words caught in his throat. His overly sensitive ears picked up a none human sound and he lifted his head. Just in time to see the vines creeping up. The Wizard was on his feet in an instant, grabbing hold of the woman's arm and puling her away from the vines. Once they were safely out of the alleyway, he finally got his throat unstuck. "The mouse isn't mine. It's Vesper's. You should... go back inside and return it to her, and maybe tell them about the vines." His voice was tight as he forced the words out. Kiirion was starting to settle, his own voice didn't sound so loud. But if he went back inside right now, he would just end up in the same position. The group was so loud and so chaotic, they were just too much for someone like him to handle sometimes. He needed to get Filia back, he needed something to ground him and help keep his senses in check. Sometimes just letting himself see and hear through her made everything better.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 4592
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,917
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

"Ooooh no!" Vilthal declared as she clasped a hand on Gajine's shoulder. "YOU are goin' nowhere else tonight! You can see th' leather maker in th' morning. It's late enough as-is. We're stayin' th' night." She looks to the minotaur that she now knew was named Andwair, and the owner that they had really put on-edge with their... antics. Leaning over Gajine's shoulder some she slipped back into her Elven accent. "If you wouldn't mind providing us with rooms for the night Andwair. We are quite willing to pay your going rate and do a little extra work for the sake of your establishment. Think of it as making up for our rather... raucous troupe." She gestures to the room they're in. "With the aid of my associate" She squeezes Gajine's shoulder for emphasis. "we can see to repairing any major damage to your furniture. Hopefully that will be a better starting point putting us all on better standing with one another."


Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-01-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-01-2019, 04:09 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,528
Timeline of Events

Kirdy Inventor's Faire- 3 Days (62 hours after your 10 hours of downtime) It's 150 miles to Kirdy from Boury. (Merchants Rest). By foot if you're hurrying you can travel 5mph for 8 hours and suffer an exhaustion point at the end of those 8 hours. (40 miles)You would arrive there just in time to start the Faire. (give or take a couple hours depending if on travel encounters.)

At normal pace you go 3.5 MPH for 12 hours before suffering an exhaustion point.
At Stealth you go 1.5 MPH for any amount of hours only suffering exhaustion if you don't take at least 1 hour of rest every 10 hours.

By Steam Wagon its 25 MPH and can get there in 6 hours. By Airship you can get there 3 hours traveling 50 MPH.

Fixing the Hair of the Bear and bringing in new patrons: Three days as well, though you can finish these tasks well before that time period expires. I'll give a running timer as we go if you pursue this first.

Hence: Paris needs something recovered from a woman in the militia town of Hence. It is 97 miles away from Boury. Hence is on the route to Kirdy



Last edited by MeredithS; 04-01-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-01-2019, 05:11 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 4844
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,360
Olivia and M.A.C.
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Olivia walked back towards the entrance to the inn feeling quite defeated. Not only had the man been clearly unhappy to see her, but she'd almost been attacked by some sort of plant thing and was now in his debt. To top it off, the mouse wasn't even his. The only consolation, if there was one to be had, was that the small animal belonged to the not-so-much-a-minotaur who had started all this drama. Perhaps she was panicking now as she had made the rest of them do at her 'disappearance.'

After the man had insisted she return to the inn, she had hesitated. She had recently helped a young girl escape from an absolutely horrific situation. Only about fourteen, she'd been terribly traumatized and had more than one panic attack on her trek to safety. She desperately wanted to help the man who was clearly struggling, but she knew that things like that couldn't be forced and she was a stranger, most likely making the situation worse.

Olivia lowered her voice to almost a whisper, soothing as if comforting a wounded animal. "Well, do you mind if I leave him with you?" she asked, biting her lip in uncertainty. "I can... sense things with animals... and he was felt happy and safe while he was with you. If things aren't settled down with your friends yet then he might be best here. I'm sure if she left him with you to begin with she trusts you." She started to back towards the front of the inn, letting the mouse down and compelled it to head back to the man who had been caring for it previously. "Don't worry, I'll let her know he's okay," she said quietly before leaving.

Looking back on the interaction now, she wasn't sure that she had done the right thing, but at least she had tried. She tried to shrug it off, they'd be gone soon anyways, and all the better. They'd terrified Andwair, one of the most gentle people she'd ever met, and had M.A.C. ready to lstart a shootout in the inn. She had only a handful of consistent people in her life and would do anything to protect them.

She walked back in the door of the inn to find things a bit more settled. Several of the visitors were sitting around the bar with M.A.C. and Andwair resuming their game of chess, much to her relief, and she happened to catch the end of the elven woman's conversation offering some assistance in repairing the inn. 'Perhaps something good will come of this,' she thought. "Your friend is on the side of the inn, seems like he needs a little bit of space. I left your mouse with him," she said, directing the last statement at 'Minerva.' She thought to ask her name, but decided against it for the time being.

She walked behind the bar to check on Andwair and pick up the glass that had shattered before she left. In the commotion the Minotaur had left it on the floor and he was likely to forget it was there until he hurt himself on it. "Everything okay now, Andwair?" she asked, grabbing a broom from the corner and sweeping the glass into a pile.

When she was done she walked back around and grabbed her half empty drink, downing it in one shot. "So, she addressed the others, are you all staying the night... or will you be leaving soon? I'm not sure poor Andwair over here can take too many more 'jokes' like that."

After a second she added on, "If you were serious about helping to fix up the place, M.A.C. and I would be happy to help. The gods know that Andwair has helped us in more ways than we could ever hope to repay."

From his spot by the bar, M.A.C. echoed her sentiment, "help," before moving two pieces in rapid succession across the board.


Stat Block - Olivia
 

Stat Block - M.A.C.
 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-01-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-16-2019
RPXP: 1277
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 445
Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image
Character Sheet: Vesper Zuul
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Race (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 120)Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Warlock (Level 4)
Archetype: Pact of the Matrix (Homebrew)
Armor Class: 16 when using Mage Armor and wearing Matrix13
Hit Points: 17/21| Active Effect:
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10


Action used:
Bonus Action used:
Reaction/Opportunity Attack:
Movement:


Status: (When out of combat)-
Effects (Out of Combat):
 


 



Damage Control"Mm... Yep! Tastes like there's vodka in there. Lotta tomato too. Guess th' celery is for garnish?" Lady Vilthal, ever so elegant as always, dissected all the ingredients of the disgusting drink.

'Vodka?' Vesper thought to herself; 'THAT was definitely not vodka. At least, not any type of vodka worth spending money on.'

"Not my favorite but definitely not blood." Lady Vilthal confirmed.

Vesper's eyes surveyed the damage of her outburst and immediately felt the weight of her actions. She didn't want to play a trick on Gajine, but she couldn't afford for the City Watch to notice her and didn't know who these new people were. She had to take precautions... Her eyes watch as Nibbles hops off Kiirion's shoulder and makes his way towards Olivia... 'Et tu, Nibbles?' Vesper thinks, somewhat betrayed by the mouse's behavior.

Kiirion's departure from the tavern, M.A.C. nearly shooting up the place, Gajine being exhausted... So much chaos from such a tiny act...

Vesper retreats into a corner and stifles the urge to 'Reset'. She knew that Chronos would not approve. She was to learn and to grow from her actions. Pulling a page from her journal, she writes something on the page.

Without a word, Vesper walks to the unoccupied side of the bar and attempts to place the note, behind the bar where only Andwair would be able to see it without being noticed.

Noticing Olivia re-enter the tavern without Kiirion, Vesper asks; "Where's Kiirion?"

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 4592
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,917
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

"Only gonna need ya for an hour Gajine. Then you can shuffle off t'bed." She pat his shoulder and sighed softly, rubbing her face and ending with her gloved fingers trailing through her short strawberry-blonde hair. She took the metal disk out from her glove and put the square of leather back in place, turning to face Oliva. "Sorry about that. You, uh, got t'see the kinda default state our group is in much of th' time. Let's start from th' top." The Elf spoke in an odd accent, a hybrid of eloquent Elvish but with the gruffness of Dwarven underneath. Earlier it sounded like she could switch between the two if she wished but this appeared to be her default state. She pulled off her glove and held out a somewhat thin, calloused and weathered hand with a couple scars on the palm and wrist. "Lady Vilthal. Or just Vilthal. Th' 'Lady' part is... complicated." She would give Olivia's hand a surprisingly firm squeeze despite her lithe build and slip the glove back on.

She perked up when Vesper spoke up after stepping over to the bar area. "Kiirion? She was just sayin' he's outside." She gestures to the patient newcomer, having not yet caught her name. "Maybe.. let him have his space Vesper, alright? Seemed like th' chaos from your little stunt didn't settle well with him." Her gaze turned back to...Olivia! That's it, the Minotaur bartender mentioned it earlier. "Yeah, we're gonna be holdin' up here for th' night. Too late t'go wanderin' around sadly. Listen..." She leaned in, dropping her voice, her gloved hands taking Olivia's own for a moment. "Pleeeeeeeease lemme look MAC over in th' mornin'. He's incredible! I gotta know how he moves an' talks an' thinks!"

Vilthal Rolls Up Her Sleeves
Dice Fixing some beds:
1d20+7 (4)+7 Total = 11

Dice Fixing beds:
1d20+7 (4)+7 Total = 11

Dice Fixing Tables:
1d20+7 (7)+7 Total = 14




Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-02-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-16-2019
RPXP: 1277
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 445
Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image
Character Sheet: Vesper Zuul
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Race (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 120)Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Warlock (Level 4)
Archetype: Pact of the Matrix (Homebrew)
Armor Class: 16 when using Mage Armor and wearing Matrix13
Hit Points: 17/21| Active Effect:
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10


Action used:
Bonus Action used:
Reaction/Opportunity Attack:
Movement:


Status: (When out of combat)-
Effects (Out of Combat):
 


 



Cue the 80's Montage MusicVesper thought, briefly, about defying Lady Vilthal, but quickly put the thought out of her mind. Her eyes darted around the room and, for the first time, noticed the state of disrepair it was in. Without a word, she set her backpack down on the sturdiest table she could find and retrieved Bolts
Nuts
Screws
Scrap Metal Bits
Tinkers Tools
some things from it. After organizing them on the table, she picks up a nearby chair and
Dice Tinkers Tools Check w/ Advantage due to Cybernetic Embrace:
2d20+4kh1 (3, 14 (keeping 14) )+4 Total = 18
begins fixing it.

If I had a Hammer...
Dice Vesper fixes tables:
2D20+4kh1 (20, 12 (keeping 20) )+4 Total = 24

Dice Vesper fixes regular beds:
2D20+4kh1 (17, 8 (keeping 17) )+4 Total = 21

Dice Vesper fixes bunk beds:
2D20+4kh1 (13, 11 (keeping 13) )+4 Total = 17


Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-01-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-01-2019, 10:33 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,528
Fix my cribBroken Stuff

10 Chairs DC Pool 50 (24/50)
10 Tables DC Pool 75 (75/75) Finished.
5 Bunk Beds DC Pool 50 (21/50)
5 Reg. Beds DC Pool 50 (50/50) Finished

One hour=1 Roll
Cast is one minute for 2 chairs, one bed or one table.



Last edited by MeredithS; 04-02-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-16-2019
RPXP: 1277
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 445
Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image
Character Sheet: Vesper Zuul
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Race (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 120)Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Warlock (Level 4)
Archetype: Pact of the Matrix (Homebrew)
Armor Class: 16 when using Mage Armor and wearing Matrix13
Hit Points: 17/21| Active Effect:
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10


Action used:
Bonus Action used:
Reaction/Opportunity Attack:
Movement:


Status: (When out of combat)-
Effects (Out of Combat):
 


 



Just trying to helpAfter spending several hours in the Hair of the Bear Tavern, fixing several tables, chairs, and beds, Vesper decides it is best to retire for the evening. Gathering her things, she yawns loudly before standing there awkwardly for much longer than necessary. Finally saying, "Okay, bye!" to everyone still remaining in the bar area before heading towards the private rooms. She picks a room with a window and closes and locks the door behind her.

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-01-2019, 11:39 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 1199
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 749
Kiirion
right-aligned image


The woman seemed to be able to tell that something was wrong. Her voice softened, making it sound like a normal speaking level to Kiirion's hyper sensitive ears. She insisted on leaving Nibbles with Kiirion, claiming that the mouse would be better off out here until the chaos died down. When the mouse scurried back to him, Kiirion picked it up and put it back on his shoulder. "Thank you." He said softly. He watched the stranger go back inside and then settled against the wall to let his senses calm down, not in the alleyway where the vines were.

A short time later, Kiirion was feeling better, at least enough so to return inside. Stepping inside, he noticed that everything seemed to be calmed down here. He was still wearing his hood, but was clearly not distressed like earlier. Everyone was working together to get the place fixed up, likely as an apology for their earlier behavior. Walking up to Vithal, he decided not to explain what had happened to him. If they wanted to know, they could ask. "Can I help?" He asked the Elvish woman. "I have Mending so I can at least work on small stuff."
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-02-2019, 12:10 AM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 4592
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,917
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

Vilthal had been bent over the frame of a bed when she heard Kiirion's voice behind her head. It made her jump a little since she wasn't expecting him to just appear like that from back outside. Standing up and brushing some wood chips from her pants she replied, "Sure! Could always use th' help. If ya could start on th' regular beds" she gestures to the one she was fixing up. "an' make sure we all got a decent place t'sleep. After that fix as many of th' chairs and tables as ya can that Gajine an' Vesper didn't get to." She gives him a little pat on the shoulder. "We'll chat in th' morning if ya want. An' don't stay up too late alright?" She kneels back down, a small mallet in one hand and some sort of thick paste in a small jar complete with tiny brush, to pick up said white-coated brush and resume her work.


Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-02-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is offline
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 5645
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 2,642

Gajine Flintshard
Male Half-Orc Cleric of the Forge
 

New Employer: Mistress VilthalBefore he could even fully register the answer and returned question from Andwair he felt the small yet rough gloved hand of Lady Vilthal grasp his shoulder informing him that he was not to leave and they were to stay the night. He wanted to believe that he was going to wait til the morn regardless but lets be honest - if the Minotaur told him they were open and where they were at he'd be on his way there now. She also mentioned repairing the joint. With that word Gajine looked over his shoulder at the room. Had it always been in this state of disrepair? How did he miss this? Or - wait, did they do this some how???

"Guess we're goin ta be fixin the place as an apology" he thought letting out a conceding sigh removing his shield from his back and placing it on the counter over the hide then began undoing the straps of his armor as Olivia returned and inquired if they were staying or leaving. Lady Vilthal seemed to have it handled so he focused on getting his armor off, as much as he was use to its weight it always got in the way when he was working. Sure he could work with it on but he preferred the freedom. As he was removing the armor he figured he'd answer Andwair's return question from earlier. "Tha little bastard came bustin in wit his owner while we were presentin ta tha Lorieans. Tryin ta get our inventions in tha Faire." he said undoing the final strap and began to remove the armor of his torso. It took some time but once it was finally off he placed it ontop of the shield and hide turning around to see the others already at work. "Guessin we're fixing tha place ta make up fer the chaos earlier." he stood up stretching and rolled up the long dark blue sleeve of his linen work shirt - but only the right arm leaving the left covered. Odd look but he felt comfy finally. "Goin ta get started now; but kin ya tell tha gent ere what happened ta tha place fer me?" he gestured to Gordon before turning and heading towards his companions. Repairing was what he was best at. His adoptive mother told him when he first started that he had a knack for seeing how something was originally suppose to be and was accurate enough, back then, at and returning it close to its original state. Now, he could make it look brand new.

Walking out onto the floor where his comrades were already hard at work he approached the first broken table he could find grabbing any splintered peaces and holding them up to where they snapped off. "By tha Wonderbringer's flaming might, return this ere thing back ta right." he muttered a little mantra under his breath letting out a small amount of divine magic from his hand forcing the wood to grow and reconnect the splintered pieces until it looked fixed.
How did we not see these?!He repeated it a few more times on the table until it was whole then looked up at the room. At Lady Vilthal and Vesper walking to and fro hard at work repairing the furniture. Their crafting nature seemed to take hold of them in their repairing of things but it bugged him why the place was in this state. Vilthal said to help and he really had no reason not too aside from it getting late. Pondering what Andwair told Gordon for a moment as he saw Master Kiirion return and join in using the same cantrip as he to mend things he paused as a fun little project came to his mind.

He walked over to Lady Vilthal tapping her on the shoulder accidentally releasing some Cast: Guidance.
META as hell, I'm sorry but I couldn't think of a better way haha.
divine magic as he did. He muttered a dwarven curse under his breath relizing what he did, one of the small handful of dwarven words he actually knew. Courtesy of all his years of hearing Bolrid curse while he worked. "Oi, Vilthal. I was wonderin ifn ye seen any good sized scrape wood 'round ere." he inquired before beginning to
Dice * Investigation (ADV from Vilthal):
2d20-1kh1 (20, 7 (keeping 20) )-1 Total = 19
search while moving towards the next piece of furniture to fix.

He found plenty of broken pieces of scrap wood sprawled about the place and pocketed two large pieces. He figured there would be no harm as his mend forced the splintered wood to regrow so this scrap was just that - scrap. While he searched he did happen upon a large pile of pristine planks of 10 six-foot long 2x4's - as per Meredith in Discordwood he paused blinking at the wood. Why was this here? Was it for repairs? How did they miss this!? He looked over wearily "Oi! What is this ere wood fer?!" his voice full of confusion and surprise. Why was this here?! They started working without ever inquiring what was planned for the place. This was a mistake wasn't it?!
Calling it for the nightAfter roughly an hour of constant mending with the short break for the discovery of the stockpile the half-orc was spent. He was exhausted, the day has been a roller coaster like he's never experienced, and he wanted to wind down. "That's it fer me." he said setting up a newly repaired chair and letting out a yawn. "I'm goin ta call it fer tha night." he said walking over to Andwair and pulled out 6gp and put it on the counter.

"Fer all us fer tha night, nd extra fer the troubles." he said wearily as he scooped up his armor, shield, and hide and made his way to a vacant room. "Night." he closed the door three quarters of the way. The room was dark, he managed to find the bed and tossed his equipment onto it and began searching for a candle or something. After a minute or so he located a wall lantern and managed to turn it on illuminating the room "There we go!" he said content before moving to the bed and sitting down pulling out a Carpenter Toolcarving knife and one of the scrap pieces and started to
Dice * Whittling Project (Dex+Carp Tools):
d20+4sh10 (11)+4 Total = 15
whittle. Some time passed, he couldn't really gauge how long really but it was finished - well almost! He held it up admiring it. It could've been better, but it was good enough to pass his level for acceptable work. He grinned and placed it in one of his pouches. It was time to crash. Standing up he undid his utility belt and let it fall to the ground, walked over and turned off the lantern, then collapsed onto the bed falling asleep almost immediately as he began to snore...loudly.


 

Last edited by Retry; 04-03-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: slight lighting adjustement lol
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-02-2019, 11:45 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,528
Andwair

The little not really a Mino, not really sure what she was person, had silently slipped Andwair a note and bag at the end of his bartop before she slinked away upstairs to the Inn. He looked to MAC and Gordon, excusing himself to get it and open it. Taking a read on it, the letters jumbled in his mind, however some words were understandable and he felt he could make out the letter accurately enough. He struggled with the wording as he spoke them outloud " Sorry I a Vampire. Talk to Lady (hard weird name ) and (hard slightly less weird name) about a still. go find you a book on how to better... You want to some grains from a farm too. Use Corn and Rye for ... (something) and Po...Pot... Po Ta dos for Vodka. 2 years ...You Vokda First... Lady (something hard again) and (slightly less hard again) get the tables and chairs all fixed.. get drinks and more come here. You need a boun...boun-cer?" he pauses and looks confused to Gordon " I need to have people bounce more?" then continues reading outloud some more "....I a guy... Name is Jer...Jer-ry...La...Lar-ry or Gary... like that. Smells like ....ham. I take a bath. Ask him to be boun-cer for you. This gold for our rooms, as of my and to help with ...bus...bus-in-ness. Bye."

Andwair showed Gordon the note. "Im not sure I got this here note and words completely right... I don't see the letters straight like others do.Does what I read here make sense?" And then takes the coin purse and dumps 22 gold and some coppers on the table. " This seems like too much... Could you give this back to the Vampire lady? I'm afraid of her actually. She talks really fast and loud. I don't understand what she's sayin ." Andwair slides the coin back into the pouch and hands it to Gordon. "please."

He looks around as the group begins to splinter off, fixin things and makin'em like new again. He grows further puzzled at everything happening, seemingly at once. Studying each of them, however, it appeared they knew what they were doing, even if he didn't...and Andwair wasn't going to reject the help to clean up the place. He left the counter and stood beside Gajine and Vilthal..." Are you Lady... er.. Vilt...Vitheel?" He thought he'd caught her name from earlier and the letter. He knew Gajine was the Orc." The little pretend Mini-Mino said somethin about a still? Is there some way I could inquire your service to build me ...two? I'd be more then happy to let you stay here for free anytime your in town and have free drinks and food. I can't afford to pay you upfront right now though."




A sudden THUD

As the group begins to work on various parts of the Tavern and Inn, Andwair helping where he could, MAC studying the chess boards with deep ponderment, occasionally move a piece here or there... They suddenly and without any warning, hear a yelp from above them, coming from the second story. Within seconds that follow.... THUD from outside the open shuttered windows at the east of the building by the fireplace. Nesting birds flutter in commotion from the bushes beneath the window, one or two flying through and into the Tavern. Their caws of alarm cry out as they perch in the rafters above you.




OOC-Notes
ROLL: Perception Check on the Window.
Perception DC 8 or more to notice Vesper falling from the upstairs window and landing in the bushes outside the window. I was leaning towards Investigation, but will use perception in this case. Kiirion's Observant feature doesn't apply here. You'll need to roll too.

I'd like to try and wrap up this night to get you over your Long Rest and into the next morning. Lets do a round of posts and I'll move us on. If for whatever reason Vesper somehow manages to entangle herself with the Strangler Vine... then I'll readjust the timing here. If you she doesn't.... then we'll move into the next after this last round of posts.


Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is offline
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 5645
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 2,642
Just a bit of retconAs the Half-orc was scouring through the room for a good viable piece of scrap wood and ignoring the pristine and suspicious pile of lumber off in the corner he looked up and heard a yelp accompanied by a flash of pink falling past the window. He paused dropping the scrap he was inspecting and looked around the room"What in tha flamin-" he muttered in a confused daze.

Vesper had already excused herself not too long ago to her room so she wasn't among them."Damn it all- Vesper!" he went charging out of the room to the outside to make sure he wasn't seeing things and she was alright.


OOC
Dice * Perception Check aka 'Dammit Vesper!':
d20+4sh8 (14)+4 Total = 18

If the Strangler Vine does grab her I'm burning my last 2nd Lv spell slot on Searing Smite and igniting that plant!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB