RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:11 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 3347
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 965
Olivia
left-aligned image

Things quickly turned a muted green and brown as the outhouses exploded all over the yard. The stench assailed Olivia's senses and it was all she could do to not be sick. Two little fungi men ran around frantically as chaos continued, Gordon now covered in feces and filth, the elven man from earlier nearly crumpling beneath the weight of the collapsing half-orc, and a fire breaking out in the middle of everything.

Her arm with the crossbow crossed across her face as she buried her nose in the crook of her elbow in an attempt to escape the stench. From what she could tell, the plant in the middle was still alive, though looking much worse for the wear. She Hunter's Marktrained her eye on it like her old captain had taught her, making mental calculations trying to establish velocity and wind, as well as trying to figure out where the plant seemed most vulnerable. She held her hand out, pistol before her, and squeezed the trigger. A single bullet whizzed through the air towards the plant.

Despite her best efforts, the horrendous odor held her attention and she wasn't prepared for the recoil which sent her ammunitionAttack Roll 9 sailing over its intended target.

Stat Block - Olivia
 

 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-08-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:39 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2019
RPXP: 2840
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,570
left-aligned image

The little mushroom cap of the Fungi's head was smoking a bit from the Flaming Sphere still... His squinty eyes suddenly as wide as they could go, looking around him. He had no idea where that thing had come from. He looks to the dead Strangler Vine, his expression unable to read by those that surrounded him. He shouts to his companion... In it's simple language, it's now yelling again, towards the direction of the second Mushroom Man. Suddenly, he takes off,seemingly looking for a quick escape. It runs straight into the Outhouse infront of it and dives into the round hole on the bench seat. The door completely falls off it's hinges with a thud upon the ground.

00C- Moves from K2 to K1 (in outhouse) Half Cover.
Gajine-Asleep but can post still

 





 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is online now
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 4556
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 2,873

Gajine Flintshard
Male Half-Orc Cleric of the Forge
 

Is this the real life?His eyes shot open with force as he lifted his top half up with his arms. The room was humid and the sounds of the busy street were filtering in through the broken window that he had forgotten he broke last week. He'd really have to get to fixing that before Bolrid found out. Looking around he saw the same messy room as always. He found his favorite blue shirt and his red bandana and put them on. He was glad he didn't over sleep! The escorts would be here soon to take him off to Boury!

He just needed to get his tools and his armor, you never knew, before he would sit outside and wait patiently. Oh! Where did he place the Celcinum?! He began frantically searching his room when he recalled it was probably downstairs.

He opened the door and began down the stairs to the storefront when something didn't sound quite right. In fact, there was no sound at all! No hammer pounding on molten metal, no Reiola talking to customers, nothing. One of them was always present in the store or the forge and always making noise. What was going on? Reaching the storefront everything looked the same except the table they used as a make-shift dinning room table was in front of the archway leading to the forge.

Sitting there looking at him sipping some tea was a goblin clad in chain mail with a familiar emblem hanging from a necklace. His skin was a ashy green - almost gray, with murky red eyes that were developing cataracts. He had a short white mohawk and a wiry white and gray beard that he tied into what appeared to be top of a broom with some twine. One of the red eyes moved to look at Gajine while the other laid unresponsive and a wide toothy grin appeared on his face. "Gaji! Glad ya could come! Come, sit, tea?"


OOC
Turn 1 of 4, this will be the only one I do this for
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 4340
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,832
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

The chaos was starting to be a little more controlled, though still everywhere. Gunshots, spells, Gajine collapsing under Kiirion, those mushrooms still screaming, that spore cloud still hanging in the air around it. Shoving her crossbow into the dirt she stepped on the bow, yanked back both strings, loaded a bolt, took aim, and fired. With the first two shots she had gotten a better handle on the sheer force of the tension being put on a single shot and how that effected her aim.

The bolt streaked through the air, flying terrifyingly fast past her allies, and not only slammed into the living weed but pinned it to the dirt straight through its center. She saw the bolt bury itself a good few extra inches into the earth as the plant writhed and struggled under the shot for a few seconds before finally going limp. Her crossbow finally landing a shot she grips it tightly and slowly approaches the cloud, using the wider bow to try and disperse the spore cloud, calling out, "Anyone badly hurt?! Got a bit of healin' left for those that're just guts in their gear!" For the moment she was ignoring the frantic mushroom... things, more concerned about her allies and the unconscious Gajine on top of their spell casting ally.


Stat Block
 


 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-08-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-08-2019, 04:19 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2019
RPXP: 2840
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,570
Andwair

Andwair's body begins to kneel, he tries to right himself, however his horns are stuck within the dirt, several inches deep. You see his wide head thrashing left to right, hooves kicking behind him, clearly stuck. Before anyone can get to him however, he pops free and is jutted backwards on his rear. He stands, dusting grass and dirt from his bartender's apron. His snout wrinkles, completely confused as to why the toxin didn't affect him. He looks to the outhouse that several of you are now looking at, he see's the door off the hinge. Adding one plus one, Andwair realizes that one of those little tiny mushrooms must be hiding in there... He charges, a plume of dust and dirt left in his wake as he slams the outhouse with his head, horns now protruding through the wood and begins to shake it violently. "Get on out here Potty People! Those are my outhouses, no more hidin!"


-OOC-
Moves to J2
Dice-
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (12)+2 Total = 14
Dmg
Dice Roll:
1d6 5

Horn Attack against Outhouse, tries to shake out the MM#2- 17 AC on MM2 with Half Cover.




 





 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-09-2019, 10:15 AM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2019
RPXP: 3548
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 2,225
Respite or Respit
right-aligned image
After Vilthal's heavy shot, the last fully folliage-based creature gave up the ghost. Gordon aimed his guns at the mushrooms running around but they seemed unwilling or incapable of engaging, so he surveyed the field. Gajine was flat on his face. He hadn't seen the cleric fall, so he ran to his side to check his vitals. But there were no wounds and the half-orc was...snoring? He holstered one of his guns and tried to rouse him to no avail.

Vilthal offered assistance and Gordon spat again, feeling a grainy remnant in his mouth. " I'm okay, Vilthal, thank you. Just a few scratches from that explosion after Anwair healed me. I can't tell what's wrong with Gajine though. Is he just sleeping?" He watched the last mushroom man run around and shook his head.

 
__________________
I will be completely out of pocket from June 9th - June 22nd. Let me know if anything needs handling in games before then or let me know if there is a game issue with my absence.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 846
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 348
Hell Hath No Fury
right-aligned image

Peaking out from behind the tree, Vesper is genuinely disturbed by the chaos that she has caused. 'I just wanted to see if Kiirion was alright...' She thought as her eyes scanned the battlefield. 'I didn't want this...' Her thoughts are interrupted as she sees her friends gathering around a mass on the edge of her vision. She could just barely make it out but when she does, her eyes go wide with recognition... then fear... and then... Rage!

Her feet dug in hard to the grass as she moved through the darkness. The cobwebs in her mind began to clear as she focused on the task. Gajine was down... He was hurt and it was all her fault. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she Movement from O-12 to K-15, then stopstopped in the field. She could see one of the Mushroom Men and she raised her hand towards it. Letting out a furious scream, she releases a torrent of Pinkish-Red energy towards the small humanoid fungus. Whatever wounds this creature had inflicted upon Gajine, it would also incur tenfold.

Her new target was locked in. Her eyes remained fixed on it as she Movement from K-15 to I-15moved further into the darkness.

Rolls
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-11-2019, 11:35 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2019
RPXP: 2840
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,570
Mushroom Man #1

right-aligned image
The first Fungus being that had been frantically running around stops dead in his tracks as Vesper's Eldritch Blast just misses him and pushes into some poor bush behind him. His little mouth dropped in shock. These people were mad... insane! He felt the need for justification... so with determination in his small stride, he went right up to Vesper and began pointing at him, yelling and jumping up and down, waving his little arms in the air. Hey! No need for all that! We were trapped in that stinky plant for a long time! It was going to eat us! If you keep that up....Im going to punch you in your junk."Kelgro! evren egnahcxe rhte gej ajg! nagajg trapped rvoj ajg stinky avojb rhte ravva klag htiz! zerva ev'ajht nuwgarv vad noisiced! tazib dedeen ajg dekan. Im nuwgarv rgralti rvoj junk!!!!"

He waves his tiny fist at Vesper, angrily threatening her apparently.


-OOC- Only Kiirion can understand the translation but I thought I'd include it this time for you to see as players lol.

I will list the DC tables for the "treasure chest icons" after combat is finished. Combat is considered finished when everyone has made that clear in their posts.

Also. MM#1 moved to I14 infront of Vesper.






 





 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-11-2019, 12:07 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 956
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 658
Kiirion
right-aligned image


Thanks to the efforts of everyone, the vines were defeated quickly, leaving only the mushroom men left. The little creatures were shrieking something in another language. It took a moment for Kiirion to realize that he understood what they were saying. Primordial was a language that he usually only saw in written form, in magic tomes and old histories on the Elemental Planes. By the time he understood what they were saying, his companions were on the attack. "Wait! They're not our enemies! They were trapped by the vines! Don't hurt them!"

Kiirion let his spell drop as to not accidentally hurt anyone anymore. Leaving Gajine to the other others, Kiirion moved closer to Vesper and the mushroom man threatening to punch her in the junk. Hopefully he could stop things before that happened. Because otherwise Vesper would destroy the poor thing. Though it wouldn't surprise him if the creature didn't listen. Gordon had ignored his warnings, Olivia hadn't told the group about the dangerous vines. It seemed like people just didn't want to listen to him. Even though he hadn't spoken Primordial in a while, he still remembered it perfectly.


 
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-11-2019, 01:24 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 3347
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 965
Breaking and Entering
right-aligned image

M.A.C. watched as the creeping plant that had been attacking them went limp. a crossbow bolt pinning it to the ground. He stares at it skeptically for a couple of seconds realizing that now it looks like any other plant, while the others tend to the sleeping half-orc.

Slowly, he walks to the side of the inn, eyeing the bush nearest him as if it might also attack. He squats down and pokes it gently, like a child playing with a stick in a stream, waiting for a response of some sort. He looks almost disappointed when nothing happens and, with a sense of resignation, stands back up to look for other threats.

As his eyes land on the last remaining outhouse, he lets out an excited "CAT!", remembering that one of the other fungi ran into it a few seconds earlier. Quickly, he ran over to the side of it, a sound of wood creaking could be heard as M.A.C.'s thick metallic shoulder leaned into it. The sounds abruptly stopped as M.A.C. Natural 1 Strength Checklost his footing, the ground beneath him caked in filth and decomposition. Instinctively, he reached his hand out and steadied himself on one of the boards of the outhouse. He stood there, shakily for a second, before turning, intent on moving towards the front of the outhouse where the ground was more solid. As he did, his foot caught in the hole where the 'cats' had been 'hiding.' The board in his hand wasn't anywhere near strong enough to prevent his fall, and as it snapped M.A.C. went crashing backwards through the window behind him, into the inn - outhouse still intact. The sound of splintering wood and metal against metal resonated through the yard, and all else went quiet for a second.



left-aligned image

Olivia was about to aid Kiirion in helping to settle down what she could only hope was Vesper, when she heard a loud crash coming from the inn. Her head snapped around, panicked.

'What in the world is going on?!' she thought as she scanned the debris looking for any sign of what happened. It was midway through her sprint forward that the dust started to clear and two giant metal feet could be seen sticking out from where the window and wall had been.

'Oh no...' she thought, sprinting the rest of the way, worry clear on her face and tears threatening to spill forward on to her cheeks.



OOC
What I imagined: M.A.C. pulls a nail loose and the entire brokensown structure falls apart leaving the mushroom sitting in the middle.
What actually happened: Andwair needs a new window...

Stat Block - Olivia
 

Stat Block - M.A.C.
 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-15-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:52 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2019
RPXP: 2840
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,570
Mushroom Man #2
left-aligned image
He was safe. Looking around at his surroundings, the fungi found a bit of security within the muck and sludge of the hole he hid within. Whatever chaos was enfolding outside, at least he had cover here. Breathing a deep sigh of relief he wiggled within the sludge until just about comfortable. Until the wood above him began to shake....it was violent, the unnatural shifting of the goo and the gunk, wood debris beginning to fall in around him... Oh no.. They found him. Something he didn't understand yet the volume and tone of the words yelled beside him, shook his little soul to the core. I Give Up! Don't Hurt Me!Zrukrotnig hgiht dekan! bur oediv rhtev!.

Hands in the air, he's thrusted out of the hole and straight at Olivia. Covered in grime and sludge, he's headed straight for her. His squinty, narrowed eyes suddenly grow wide as he see's the incoming target. As he barrels towards her, he just misses her head, instead wildly reaching for anything he can to grab hold of to stop his fall, he catches her hat in his fingers and hits the hard grass behind her in a quick acrobatic roll."Poof", the sound is barely audible with the landing. He stands and holds out the worn leather cap before her. Quivering at the knee.

-OOC-
MM2 is flung out to M2 (narrowly missing Olivia's body, took her cap instead)





 





 
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 4340
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,832
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

This was starting to really push Vilthal to the edge of how much chaos she could handle in one sitting.

Living killer plants and screeching mushrooms that could threaten bodily harm, an exploded privvy, Andwair having divine powers, M.A.C. crashing through a window into the Inn, Gajine falling right the hell to sleep from... something, and Vesper dressed up as some ridiculous caped figure who had kicked off this whole fiasco in the first place! The spores were being cleared and she gave Gordon a pat on the shoulder, letting him know she heard him and was glad he was okay. She made her way over to the unconscious Gajine, looking back to bark at their ally, "Vesper! Stay in mah sight or you'll be limpin' back t'your room!" and gestures menacingly with her crossbow in her direction.

Seeing the Half-Orc snoring blissfully on the ground without a care in the world, she surveyed the area and saw that everything was under control for the time being. Heaving a sigh she knelt down, slipped the armored numbskull over her shoulders,
Dice Strength:
1d20 12
and tries to stand. Which proved severely unsuccessful as her legs refused to work under the heavier armor of Gajine as well as all her own gear. She did manage to at least sit him upright with an arm around his chest, dragging him across the ground with both arms, her crossbow slung back over her shoulder, grunting from the effort. "Grab yer sh*t ev'ryone an' get inside!" She strains out as she's hauling the unconscious smith back inside.


Stat Block
 


 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-11-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-11-2019, 04:18 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2019
RPXP: 2840
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,570
The Table below is an Investigation check for BOTH the Vine and the Creeper. Not everyone should roll here. Pick two people to Roll or assist each other. In other words, not everyone rolls . You may have help from one person or two people may roll separately.


DC 25
DC 20-24

DC 15-19-

DC 10-14- (the Below and ) a second leather coin pouch with 4 platinum, 42 Gold and 5 Silver inside

DC 1-9 - You find 2 common short swords and a small coin bag with 58 Gold inside

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 846
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 348
Goodnight Sweet Prince
right-aligned image

The blast that erupted from her palm barely missed the fungal fiend and she took a step forward, her eyes narrowing on her quarry and burning with fury. Her palm was already beginning to coalesce with her Pinkish-red energy when the Mushroom Person marched towards her. Vesper clutched the Shadow Blade in her other hand as the creature approached, shaking it's fist and screeching at her;

"Kelgro! evren egnahcxe rhte gej ajg! nagajg trapped rvoj ajg stinky avojb rhte ravva klag htiz! zerva ev'ajht nuwgarv vad noisiced! tazib dedeen ajg dekan. Im nuwgarv rgralti rvoj junk!!!!"

As the creature approached, Vesper raised the Shadow Blade above her head, ready to cleave the tiny beast in two when;

"Wait! They're not our enemies! They were trapped by the vines! Don't hurt them!"

Kiirion's voice cut through her rage and, in a moment of clarity, her disguise faded and the golden metallic snake scale armor dissolved. Her Pink Mohawk, tan skin, and tattered clothes revealed, she stared at him. Her face registered a plethora of emotions ranging from deep confusion, to relief. Another tear fell from her eye, but this one was not of rage... It was of relief that he was alright.

She completely ignored the tiny creature that continued to shake it's fist at her as she moved past it, letting the shadow blade dissipate into the ether. As she moved across the battlefield, Move to G-8she paused briefly while standing next to Kiirion. Her face was pointed straight ahead, as she was ashamed that she had caused all of this commotion, but she managed to speak to him;

Her voice was barely more than a whisper. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to cause so much trouble... I was worried about you and wanted to make sure you were ok... And now Gajine is..." Her voice trailed off as she begins to sob. It takes her a moment, and an extreme amount of effort, but she reaches out and touches Kiirion on the shoulder. Her hand, almost immediately, recoils as she starts walking towards the group of her comrades huddled around the lifeless body of Gajine. "I'm glad you're alright."

As she Moves to F-3approaches the group, Vesper notices Lady Vilthal attempt to lift Gajine. He was too heavy for any of them to lift, especially with his armor and shield. Vesper attempts to stifle her sobbing in front of some of her more stoic teammates, but hiding her emotions was never really her strong suit. Her chest began to heave with every step towards her fallen friend. Her heart was pounding so loud, she couldn't even hear Lady Vilthal... She couldn't hear any of them. In that moment, surrounded by these people that had fought beside her... she never felt more alone... She saw the rising and falling of his chest and could hear his snores... He was alive...

With a Spend final Spell Slot to cast Levitate on Gajine's sleeping bodyflick of her wrist, and raising of her hand, Gajine's body began to float and follow her as she slowly walked back into the Inn. As she made her way to Gajine's room, she stopped for a moment to collect her things from her own room. She carefully floated his body down into his bed, covered him with blankets, propped his head on the fluffiest pillow she could find, locked the door, and curled into a ball at the foot of his bed. She sat there, rocking back and forth and crying as she heard his snoring... She sat there like that until she fell asleep while whispering over and over to Gajine's sleeping body;

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."


OOCVesper will eventually fall asleep at the foot of Gajine's bed. Whether this is considered a short, or long rest is up to the DM. Vesper is willing to take the point of Exhaustion if necessary.



 

Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-11-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2019
RPXP: 2840
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,570
The night finally ends.

Year 852 DR
Kythorn (The Time of Flowers)
Varoday the 11th


As the night seems to finally settle for the party you find rest after an incredibly long day. From early this morning within the Council chambers, showing your inventions, deciding that Gajine's would go forward and accepting the vouchers, money and lodging for the Kirdy Faire to meeting with Paris Stargazer and learning about the Star Elf infant who you've kept safe and healthy in your travels here, his destiny yet to be truly revealed and now into Merchant's Rest, where you've met Olivia and her construct M.A.C as well as the friendly (and even godly) tavern keep, Andwair. Indeed, it's been quite a long day.

The night turned from eventful to chaotic however, as it carried into the later hours. Gajine went missing for quite some time, lost in his travels down the extremely small shanty town, on the one mile road that served as both thoroughfare and merchant lane. Vesper's miniature Minotaur rouse was ousted and the group, between the confusion and flare of dramatics, set to right things over with Andwair in offer of fixing up his establishment to win his favor. As the evening began to calm, the hope of finding a comfortable bed was delayed as yet again the group finds themselves in the midst of combat with carnivorous plant life that threatened the safety of the villagers. That in mind, you struck down the threat, revealing two tiny Mushroom Men that had been trapped within the Strangler Vine for some unknown amount of time.

The Mushroom men accept Andwair's invite into the Inn after breaking through the language barrier between you with Kiirion's help. The Hair of the Bear closes for the night, the doors locked, the window's shuttered. There's enough rooms and beds for everyone thanks to the efforts of those that fixed and refurbished the broken down furnishings. Olivia and MAC head to their own designated room, eager to share a moment together and discuss the new acquaintances made. Kiirion, happy to end the night in solitude, a chance to exhale the emotional and mental stress that the day held for him. Gajine, peacefully asleep, stays asleep past the effects of the Toxin, comfortable in the bed he had remade, perhaps continuing to dream of the past. Gordon, neither stressed nor overly excited, quietly makes his way to a room and finds the rest his body needs. Vesper stands watch, sitting quietly on a chair next to Gajine, listening to his snores and bits of sleep talking...and though she is remorseful for the night's events, perhaps she realizes that the people she's surrounded herself with, genuinely care for her and her safety in reflection. Vilthal mediates with thoughts of her next project swirling within her mind.

You have been awake for a couple hours now. Outside it is storming. The rain is coming down in violent cracks of thunder and ominous black clouds continue rolling through the area with heavy winds that bend the wispy branches of the willow tree's sending their twines and limbs in whip-like motions. The town, as run down and dirty as it is, doesn't have much scattered debris or litter to be carried off with the wind, though roof shingles and broken siding threaten to come loose or already have as the winds gust through. As you've just finished breakfast or idle chatting between each other in your rooms or in the tavern, a monsterous streak of lightning illuminates the entire tavern, followed by a massive boom of thunder that rocks the building.

The Two Mushroom men sit together at the fireplace, not quite as nervous as they had been when you first met, though seem uncomfortable and misplaced. Andwair is busy washing dishes and cleaning off the breakfast supplies as he offers you coffee, a very bland tea or fresh grapefruit juice while you're downstairs.

-OOC Notes-
Welcome to Day Two in the Thunderdome! Lol. quite literally I guess. Luck of the roll! So Perception checks outside that rely on eyesight or hearing are at disadvantage. Visibility is lowered to only 10 feet ahead of you while this massive storm rages on. Its a summer monsoon and it could last quite a while. It's 9 a.m., you've presumably ate breakfast or in the very least have been awake for one or two hours at least.

Now would be the time to Roll your harvest checks and investigation checks from last night's encounter. Assume you did these activities before you ended your evening.

There are a few places open in town today. Generally merchants line up on the street to offer their wares from market stalls. Today, not so much. There may be a desperate person out there but the street is mostly empty. The Hair of the Bear is now open. Silverset Leather Co. is open as well. There's a general store and a recycling/refurbishing shop open. There's also residential buildings open. A small schoolhouse and infirmary. There are two City Watch Patrols that are active during this time. Two stations at each end of the road. They will occasionally stop in the Hair of the Bear to get dry when passing by.


Out of 2 Stills you are creating for Andwair. One is halfway done. The table for it is in the Crafting Tables thread in the Campaign information folder.

Congrats.. You've earned 1 influence point with Andwair, even though you didn't finish his requirements. Your choice to clear out that plant earned ALOT of favor. He owes you a secret about Merchant's Rest. Bring it up to him.... and he'll answer it. I also want to point out, how close you are to Level 5. Though I generally use Milestone, I take into account the XP amount in your encounter's and factor those into your progression in the Storyline. Very close.





Last edited by MeredithS; 04-12-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB