RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 07:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1448
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
My current game is hitting 1/week so I think that is a manageable pace and one I'd like to strive for here too.
That sounds very manageable!

If you donít mind another question: You mentioned that itís a fairly linear story, with a definitive beginning and an end. If our chars start off as Level 1, what Level do you envision them by the end?
Old 05-22-2019, 07:53 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1503
Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus
The game is not one suited for higher levels, its more about more inexperienced characters going on an underground road trip and finding out more about the world at large. I would envisage the game capping off around level 6-7 (but understandably reserve the right to adjust this based on how the game goes )
Old 05-23-2019, 08:23 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Given that new applications for this seem to be drying up I'm considering closing this and making final choices this weekend. If this is a problem or if there is anyone still considering putting an app up then shout now or forever hold your silence .
Old 05-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Oakie Oakie
Application -- Moon-Key, Gnome Rogue

EssentialsName: Moon-Key
Race: Gnome (Svirfneblin)
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Slave
Level: 1

Description

Key is a furtive, hard-bitten, gray, bald gnome dressed in mismatched rags. Even in this tough, underground world, he is a pathetic sight. Head down, eyes alert, Key avoids attention and keeps to the edges. But when approached directly, he is friendly, even fawning.

Personal TraitsPersonality Traits: Obsequious, Conniving
Bonds: I was stolen from my home many years ago and sold into slavery. I wish to return to my land and my people.
Ideals: I will get what's mine, and no one can stop me.
Flaws: I am still considered someone's property. My master wants me returned.
Personality:
Obsequious: I hide my disdain for others, especially powerful people, beneath a mask of servility.
Conniving: What I want, I will have Ö but carefully, carefully. I will watch and wait, then take.
Wish: To be among my own race, accepted and safe, blending in and never wanting.
Greatest Fear: Being recaptured and taken back to my master, or otherwise re-enslaved.

BackstoryKey does not remember his people, the svirfneblin. He knows little of gnomes generally. Captured by his master's men-at-arms as a young child, his earliest memories are being the pet of his master's second consort, Sheila. He was pampered and fed the best tidbits from her plate as he played and napped on her lap, held close by leash and collar. It was she who named him, Moon-Key, for a fabled tiny man of the Before Times.

But sadly for Key, Sheila was poisoned by a rival consort. For a time, he was ignored yet free to wander about the master's compound. No one fed him or cared for him, and it was then he learned to live by his wits, stealing food from the kitchens to survive. When the cook caught him, she was livid and begged the master to let her kill Key.

Master Aiden saw other potential, though. He made Moon-Key a kind of mascot and page. No one would suspect that the enslaved little gnome was a spy and thief for his master. While pretending to serve and entertain, and to run errands, the clever little gnome -- for Master Aiden saw that Key was clever -- was to report what he saw and heard to the master. At times, he was ordered to steal things or to plant things. Who would suspect such a tiny, ugly little slave!?

But as I said, Key is clever, and as he matured, freedom and a hatred for Master Aiden and everyone around him grew in his breast. He did not let on though, oh no. He waited, and watched, and learned. Then, when the time was right, he ran. Through cavern after cavern, settlement after settlement, he moved, quietly, always watching and waiting, stealing what he needed to live. Never, ever will he go back to being unfree, even if death is the only freedom.

Me as PlayerThe "Key" thing I look for in a game is strong role play. That's because it's the RP in RPG that attracts me. When I play a character, I strive to do things always as that character would do, even when it isn't mechanically the best move. I also strive to keep player and character knowledge separate. Otherwise, I'm pretty easy going and roll with whatever the DM judges (i.e., I am NOT a rules lawyer).
Old 05-24-2019, 12:16 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1639
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Given that new applications for this seem to be drying up I'm considering closing this and making final choices this weekend. If this is a problem or if there is anyone still considering putting an app up then shout now or forever hold your silence .
Now Iím anxious! Well, if you do end up making your decision this weekend, good luck to everybody!
Old 05-24-2019, 01:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 134
VaultDweller VaultDweller
I just saw this and am interested! I can try to have something whipped up by Sunday if you're agreeable.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Go for it. If you need longer just let me know.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 466
Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces
This sounds awesome! Definitely interested! Before I make a character, what subraces do you allow? Phb only or are eladrin, sverfneblin, ghostwise etc allowed?
Old 05-27-2019, 04:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PHB only.

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’ve had an accident and injured my back. Unfortunately right now I’m unable to sit or lie down so I’m going to have to delay final selections as I don’t really know when I’ll be able to post again — I’ll keep you all updated though.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:44 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
left-aligned image

Basic Info
Name: Odida Proudward
Race: Halfling (Stout)
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Outlander (Athletics (STR), Survival (WIS), +1 language, Musical instrument x1)
Level: 1

Description
Paler than normal halflings due to the lack of vitamin D from the sun, Odida still kept her dark brown hair, and perky attitude. Standing at a mere three foot and two inches she was talker than most of her siblings, but still was quite short for many of the other races in the area. Other than the gnomes of course. Despite her small stature, she was thin and muscular. It was easy to see under the vest of furs and almost loincloth like pants that her muscles strained slightly against the tight pale skin. Across her skin were also minor scars from cuts and scrapes, or just from dealing with the normal day to day stuff. The only scar that stood out the most though was one that went down her cheek to her chin, one she will proudly explain came from defeating a bandit trying to rob from her family.

Personal Traits
Personality Traits: Motherly, protective, kind
Bonds: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Ideals: Greater Good. It is each person’s responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe.
Flaws: Violence is my answer when a friend or companion is threatened.
Personality: Despite being younger for a halfling, Odida is older than most of the people she surrounds herself with. This has led her to taking it upon herself to be a mother figure to almost anyone who needs someone. She will turn into mama bear when she must, and her anger is quick when her dubbed children are in danger. The master of the "mom look" and the first to give advice (whether or not it's good) has led her to being a common therapist to those around her as well. Odida tends to be sarcastic, always there for a hug, and loving.

1) If you were granted one wish in the world, what would it be?
To ensure that no child goes unloved or unwanted, and all orphans find a loving home.

2) What is your greatest fear?
Not being good enough to protect those she takes under her wings, and their deaths being due to her failures.

Backstory
Odida knew as a young child that she always wanted a family. When she first reached adulthood she had plans to find a mate, and follow in her parents footsteps of having as many children as possible. The end of the world had other plans, and despite being born into it, she didn't realize just how difficult survival would be, especially with little ones to look after. As she grew older she realized the toll that underground was taking on her parents, especially as she watched them wither away to provide for the mouths they had created. Odida took it upon herself to help, but knew she had to find a better way. A way that her family could survive.

Adventuring seemed to be the only option, to find a way out of this hell hole that none of her family could escape. Due to helping raise so many young ones, twelve to be exact, she had a natural instinct to be motherly, and tended to take those she found under her wing if she could. Many would say she was a comfort, and once she dubbed someone her child she became protective of them like her own that she could never have.

About You
I like the roleplaying aspect, consequences, slight realism, character growth, questioning your choices, and adore the psychological side of it. While fighting is fine and great, the roleplay part is what I love to see, especially when people feed of each other in the story. I want steady continuation in the game, trying to find a game that I can actually finish versus games that slowly dry up due to lack of posting.

As for what kin of player am I, I try to be reasonable, and try to make sure everyone is included. I openly ask ahead of time for friendly prods to post if the story is waiting on me, purely because I tend to read the posts at work, but can't actually post while at work...and then promptly forget to post once I get home. So if I am chosen, a friendly "hey, your turn to post" if the story is for me, even if the second to last post was minutes ago, is always appreciated.

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; 05-28-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:39 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ok folks, I'm going to make final selections this weekend - if there are any more apps to come fire them in now
Old 05-29-2019, 07:10 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Hope you're feeling better

Please let me know if there are any adjustments I need to make on my application.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Heh, I'm pretty much out of it on painkillers at the moment but what's the worst that can happen ?

My posts might not make much sense but then they don't make much sense at the best of times anyway .

Last edited by Tarus; 05-29-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:39 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, it'll make it interesting? LOL.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1639
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Heh, I'm pretty much out of it on painkillers at the moment but what's the worst that can happen ?

My posts might not make much sense but then they don't make much sense at the best of times anyway .
Itís easy to lose your senses in the Underworld.