twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8586
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Vienna Calling

"Vienner? I hardly know her!" - unknown Shadowrunner

-System: Shadowrun 5th Edition

-Theme: Foreign (to Vienna) Runners taking on jobs to work their way into the local Shadows and dealing with an unfamiliar City and its local Communities, Gangs and Organised Crime. Fewer megacorp-level problems than usual, if any.

-Flavour: Same old Shadowrun grit, a little less tense maybe (since we will be dealing with less powerful entities on average) and with that old world charme sprinkled on top. For those not familiar with the shadowrun setting in general or sensitive to certain topics see the content warning below.

-Setting: Vienna, you never change. Pearl along the blue danube - well, brown and toxic green danube these days. In the heart of Europe whether Europe likes it or not, a city alternating between feigning greatness and really having it for almost a thousand years. You had your best days almost two decades ago, but you never got the memo and continued to grow regardless. Nostalgia and stubbornness fuelling you, a mouth on your citizens like you were a metropolis three times your size. A crossroads for some people going east to west and the other way around, a tar pit for a lot of others. An almost global city nominally controlled by a regional government and a committee of national corporations and with a seemingly contained and localised AAA Corp presence - maybe Vienna is allowed to remain wild and free because in places there is an air of backwardness about it still. Not a threat possibly. But make no mistake: This isn't the sound of music. This isn't a quaint time capsule about the world of Freud, Mozart and others. It's an ugly sprawl, one that puts the old back into old world and is not likely to change however large it grows.

The Map: Basis for this Vienna in the year 2075 is a very detailed map that is the result of initially stealing somebody elses map and development over four or five years while playing with my real life group in guess-which-place-we-were-in. At this point it is still mostly in german, but I am in the process of translating it over bit by bit. Translated layers as of now are: Districts, Gangs, Organised Crime. Next on the to-do list is: Security/Police, Shops and Services and then Bars and Restaurants.

In the off chance that people on here have been following the rare official sources on Vienna (which generally are only published in german anyway), I should point out that this Vienna is not according to canon - and there are some anachronistic elements that may not be entirely consistent with global history info. It's a "grown" setting which I will hope to grow a lot further on this site.

Some Hard Facts about Vienna:

-
Please read this section all the way through. On the one hand there are dealbreakers below, but there are also suggestion and guidelines included that will improve the chances of a player being picked up.

Application Process:

Characer Generation, Rules Stuff:

What am I looking for/Selection Process:

Deadline: First of June applications will close (I am in GMT+1, but since I'll be sleeping then anyway we can say the shop shuts at midnight EST). Second of June I'll be selecting a first wave of players, then ask then for input on a second wave. This will happen in the evening for me, so for those in the americas at around 2pm EST or a bit after.

Preliminary Deadline is the second of June, but I am in no rush. If there are people that have expressed interest but are still working on their application then I might extend this to the ninth of june. I am travelling from the 16th to the 29th of may, but I will be passing out feedback to applicants somewhere down the line.

If you are looking for a quicker fix and are into playing Deckers I would recommend looking into the ad thread of rainydayninja here.

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-29-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Applications:
Player Character Handle Metatype Role Origin Status
Ericg1s Orange Imp Human Utility Mage UCAS Completed
LtTibbles Estragos Ork Street Sam Aztlan Completed
BustaHemo X X X X Interest
Marshmallow Nomad Elf (Nocturna) Rigger Russian Federation Completed
Andor Black Cat Elf Thief/Burglar California Free State Completed
TheDragonQueen Maunatā Nartaki (Human) Adept Jawanese Republic Completed
Leviticus X X X X Withdrawn
RainyDayNinja Chef Troll Decker Norway/Scandinavian Union Completed
AlphaZ Leshi Ork (Ogre) Druidic Shaman Russian Federation Completed
Hiruma Kohaku Doc Human Combat Medic Imperial Japan Completed
MoldyNolds Omicron Dwarf Face/Technomancer Egypt Completed
Howling Winds of X X X X Withdrawn
Gwythion X X X X Withdrawn
Scoops Zu Viel Human Face/Driver AGS WIP

Additional Information:
Update #1, 14.05.2019:
  • Every Character will receive one free Rating one Fake SIN as a throwaway. Possibly upgradeable (though I think in Chummer the character needs to have been marked as complete before one can do such an operation).
  • I like to track lifestyles for a few reasons: Knowing where the character spends their day to day, knowing how secure their equipment is, knowing the basic access to grids and some descriptive details. So buy (or declare, in the case of street level) at least a month of a lifestyle. For tracking purposes it might be good to only buy one month anyway, and then I will take the "rent" out of the pay every second or third run - or if you prefer I can take half or a third out every run, depending on what interval I land on.

Update #2, 30.05.2019
  • I've taken an executive decision about contacts: Like with the fake SIN I will be giving each accepted player a 3/2 fixer for free, because I noticed that people may have been dropping more archetype specific contacts to get their fixers in. Additionally it's something I'd like a little more control over anyway, because these are the main npcs to dish out my adventures out through. Some people may be sharing fixers as well, since then I can have one description for multiple characters and so on. I'll be distributing them according to where characters are living.

Update #3, 01.06.2019
  • Recruitment will be in two waves, with up to four players each wave. So if you are not selected on the second don't fret.

Q&A:

Last edited by Phettberg; 06-03-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I might apply, depending on what role needs to be filled.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16177
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
To anyone thinking of applying, go for it, you won't regret it!

Phett is an excellent Shadowrunner. They've been a steadfast member of my Shadowrun game for almost a year and a half now and always has great work!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 489
LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles
Definitely interested.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Is anybody happy?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
BustaHemo BustaHemo BustaHemo
Interested as well. Will concept out later.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:18 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Good to see some interest already and thanks to Imveros for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg1s View Post
I might apply, depending on what role needs to be filled.
Sure, go for it - but as I say in the ad above I am not only selecting based on archetype. Having a nice spread of metatypes, jobs and origins would be the goal.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:28 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 904
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow

Long-story-short, I'm now working on an Elf (Nocturna) Rigger/Driver, so if anyone wants to take an offensive/combat mage presence then don't feel off-put from doing so!
EDIT: Just a heads-up for Streetsams/adepts/damage dealers, Nomad (the rigger) will be a longarm/machine pistol user.

Last edited by Marshmallow; 05-30-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4110
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
As with RainyDayNinja's Shadowrun game, I'm tempted to roll up an application even though I'm maxed out on games at the moment.

Phettberg introduced me to Eclipse Phase as a DM when I came back to RPG Crossing, and I can say, I enjoyed having him as a DM. Good luck Phett

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 05-13-2019, 10:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Name: James Parto. (fake id)
Handle: Orange Imp.
Metatype: Human, no special type. Seems about Caucasian.
Basic Role: Utility Mage.
Appearance: He wears a lined coat, old running shoes, and a battered hat. His hair is thick, greasy, and black, and he keeps it cut short. His eyes and skin are rather pale, and his facial features sharp and angular.

Personality: He is rather professional, and tries hard to lose himself in the job. The one thing which will crack his professional demeanor is a magical mystery, which will cause him to do anything short of betraying his team or the mission to learn the truth behind the mystery. Off the job, he seems almost to be a second personality, trying to leave his shadowrunner life behind, spending a lot of time hanging around art galleries wishing he could afford to bid.
Motives: He is somewhat ashamed of his shabby circumstances, and wants to gain wealth. He also wants to keep his shadowrunning life separate from the false ID of his 'real' life.
Desires: The things he finds most appealing in life are great art and magical knowledge. He can't afford art, but magic comes to those who work in the shadows, even if they don't want it to.
habits/ mannerisms/quirks: He tends to repeat himself a bit when talking to his team during the planning phase of a mission. Oddly enough, he never repeats himself in his non-running ID.
Capabilities:
Skills: A (few matrix or technology skills, but quite a bit of social and combat.)
Stats B: (Focusing somewhat on intellect and willpower. A bit lacking physically)
Magic C: (Not good at offensive combat, but can support a team.)
Race D: (Human, powerful magic potential, not particularly lucky.)
Wealth E: (Lives very simply and has minimal gear.)
Those who have hired him say that he is competent and professional, and does not exaggerate his abilities. He is not the first choice for a matrix run or wetwork, but he can provide quite a bit of assistance if he is hired to support the first choice agent.
His magical abilities include summoning spirits, but not binding. He also has no real ability to create or destroy alchemical charms or magical items, and no Adept martial arts or Technomancy abilities.

Short Biography: He was born in the Seattle Barrows, and had a very tough time. His parents were basically honest, but sometimes forced to commit minor crimes purely due to the restrictions placed on those not registered in the Corporate Court SIN registry. A local grammar school was provided, and this small taste of education left him wanting more. By doing lookout work, legwork, and other not-obviously-illegal jobs for local shadowrunner teams, he accumulated enough favors that he was able to obtain a false ID good enough to go to high school and graduate. He found himself interested in magic, and began doing odd jobs for various mages in return for small pay and simple lessons in hedge magic. In high school and college, hewas drawn to art history-first, as an excuse to stare at naked paintings and statues, and then, as he matured a bit, as an attempt to appreciate the classics. He has little talent to create art himself, however. It was in doing all these little jobs for runner teams that he first became known as the Orange Imp (because he was a small boy in an orange shirt who was mischievous and got into trouble.)
After about 2 years, his break came when James (actually Jim at that point) was noticed by a professor at university, and offered a trivial job. He was given very little pay, but allowed to audit courses for no credit doing various grunt work that none of the work-study students wanted to do. As he learned more about magic, his natural talent grew into true skill. The professors and the department head all knew he was using a fake ID, but were willing to put up with it because it saved them money in their budget, He probably could have obtained a permanent job there and eventually been allowed to attend classes and graduate, but a problem arose...
The use of Hermetic Magic requires a type of mental alchemy, where the teachings of Jung are used to mold the mind into a specific shape so as to form the pattern of a spell, alchemical recipe, or spirit. Once you have shaped your mind to match the universe, you then shape the universe to match your will (similar to crossing your arms before picking up a piece of string, then uncrossing them to tie a knot in the string.) Unfortunately, doing so requires the level of willingness to learn from anyone or anything which prevented the original Jung from condemning the Nazi Holocaust as objectively wrong! Rather than open his mind and close his eyes, James opened his mouth and closed the door to his future. After calling out the adjunct professors for the use of long-term binding of spirits*, he left the university, and left the Seattle area, heading for Washington, DC. Jim was forced to switch false ID's at this point, and became James.
Fortunately for James, there was quite a bit of work available in Capital for anyone who was willing to work the shadows while reporting to one of the 'legitimate' power brokers. On paper, he was simply another administrative worker, being sent on research runs to gather information. In Washington, DC, he took part in a lengthy investigation into a shadow war to control the magical sites of power, centered around Arlington Cemetery. He was only a minor player in this struggle, but he managed to make enough enemies among powerful magical creatures that he was forced to flee to England. He switched to 'Richard' at this point.
London proved to be every bit as shadowy as Washington DC or Seattle, with work to be had for someone of his talents. In England, he was drawn into a scheme to conceal the fact that a minor government official had become a Ghoul, and then an investigation into someone who had a bad reaction to a corrupted skillchip and thought he was a medieval knight. After an extraction mission ended with the government whom the target wanted to defect to trying to kill Richard, he fled again, and this time wound up in Vienna. He has been hiding there just long enough to establish himself and make some contacts. He is out of money, and looking franticly for work. He has gone back to being James at this point with his false ID.
Taking a moment to look back, he is not quite certain WHY he has moved in the direction he has. Perhaps it was simply preference-going to Washington DC, and London gave him capitals, with the wonderful art and architecture which comes with that. Vienna is a logical progression in that direction. Something else might be guiding him, or it could just be wanting to be in a power nexus.

Contact #1: A professor at the Sigmund Freud University, who does not agree with Orange Imp's suggestion that spirits are minds of creatures from other planes who inhabit mana bodies which mages create for them, but enjoys debating the issue with him. The professor can tell Orange Imp about magical phenomena in the city, and sell him magical components.

Contact #2: A black-market supplier who can provide the Orange Imp with introductions, fake ID's and permits.

*While there is no actual rule against the practice, my character finds it abhorrent, as do the spirits themselves.

Note: I am aware that my interpretation of hermetic magic may not be the 'official' one. Remember that my character's understanding of magic is cobbled together from having studied under many masters, few of whom were generous with knowledge. The explanation provided in his backstory is his own personal view of astral space-other mages may understand it differently.

Last edited by Ericg1s; 05-22-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:02 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1606
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Name: Ken Miller
Handle: Black Cat
Appearance: Good-looking elf (is there any other kind?), a little on the skinny side and a little tall. Fairly pale, even for an elf, and a cocky grin most of the time. Dresses nice, for those who generally can't afford to dress nice, and always unfailingly polite. His eyes, though, are what draw most people. They're confident and friendly, unassuming but penetrating. And always like he knows the punchline to a joke you haven't heard yet...

Personality: Black Cat fancies himself an upwardly mobile gentleman type. Not a dandy, not really...just someone who knows the world owes him something. Truth is, he's probably slotted too many old trids about hi-tech cat burglars, or spy movies, or something. He's good, sure, but nobody could ever be as good as he thinks he is.

Or could they?

If someone were to ask what he did for a living, he's be coy, saying something like "acquisitions", or "a little of this, a little of that". He sees himself as a modern-day adventurer, with not enough money to be a billionaire playboy, and too much integrity to make an honest living. The truth is somewhere between that, and the fact that he gets bored easily.

His personal code is largely one of practicality: never drek where you eat (don't rob those who live nearby), never betray a partner (gives a bad rep), and never tell a lie when the truth will do (a reputation for honesty is more valuable than being a good liar). However, due to his experiences in CalFree, he does have a strong distaste for those who abuse power, and little tolerance for overt racism and bigotry, even against non-elves.

Capabilities: He's a thief and a burglar, dabbling in various nefarious activities while dirtying his hands as little as possible. He'd have probably made a pretty good decker, if he had a mind to, but the thought of living some counter-culture lifestyle, crouching in dirty rooms and living in an electronic fantasy land while the real world raged outside isn't his style at all. Up close and personal, that's how he likes it.

He goes by the handle "Black Cat", and will tell everyone it's because of his grace and skill. It's true, he is both graceful and skilled...but he also tends to have terrible luck at times. Nobody knows what he did to torque off the gods at some point, but Fate sure seems to have it in for him sometimes.

Short Biography: Ken Miller was born in San Francisco during the occupation of the Japanese Imperial State. Growing up, he learned a bit of electronics and tinkering from his father, who defied the standard elven cliche of being a nature-lover and instead embraced the world of technology. In his older years, he had a bit of a wild streak, running with some troublemakers as much as the militant, Japanese-controlled environment. They did a little hell-raising, and engaged in vandalism, petty theft, and breaking & entering, where he began developing his less-than-legitimate skills. When the Ring of Fire blew all to hell in '61 and caused all the quakes, followed immediately after by General Saito declaring himself Protectorate-General and forcing metahumans into internment camps, Ken decided it was time to leave the lovely city of SanFran and its resident ruling psycho behind.

He had always wanted to visit France, so he did exactly that. He learned a bit of the language, and had a rather nice time, enjoying the relaxed attitude toward metahumans...especially after growing up in SF...the culture, the surroundings, and the French women. He made the acquaintance of one Cosette d'Ombre, who fine-tuned his criminal tendencies and taught him to combine them with his background in electronics. Ken and Cosette, working under the code names Black Cat and Shadow, began an affair that could best be described as 'torrid', though both knew instinctively that the affair was short-lived. The pair's nocturnal activities, outside their apartment, financed Ken's party lifestyle.

However, in the aftermath of the Matrix Crash 2.0 in '64, the place was rather ruined for a bit, so Ken decided to wander a bit more. Italy was a hot mess, so he headed into Germany, where he thrived for a time in the area's out-of-control criminal hotbed. So many titans clashing meant little attention to a modest...well, somewhat modest...burglar most times. Eventually, though, the heat got a little too much for his taste, and he decided to check out Austria, the Land of The Sound of Music.

Imagine his disappointment when he found out not a single Austrian knew what the frag "The Sound of Music" was...

Contacts: Fixer 3/2 (Free), Fence 4/2, ID Manufacturer 3/2, Infobroker 2/5,

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess

Last edited by Andor; 05-31-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:36 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for your applications, appreciate it. I will try to send out a shortish round of feedback before I leave on the 16th, but there will be more rounds to come before I am back. I have my laptop with me.

Note though what it says about contacts in the application section of the ad - do not flesh out contacts just yet. Eventually when you know which types you want to have and what their connection rating is supposed to be I will check if such a contact already exists in the city.

I updated the applicant section above and also added two new pieces of information about Fake SINs and lifestyles.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:47 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2523
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Yeeessss, I'm working on my character!

Working on a Human Adept. Will flesh out later

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; 05-14-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:07 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Updated my table to include the origins of the characters as well. It seems like we are comfortably saturated when it comes to humans and north america as a place of origin, or at least some states in that area.

I'll be posting a little bit of preliminary feedback tonight - so those interested that would like my thoughts on their ideas should get them in before then. Doesn't have to be a complete app anyway. I'll be looking at giving out more feedback in a few days, so this weekend or early next week.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:51 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2523
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Maunatā's Application
Handle: Maunatā

Race: Human Nartaki

Appearance: In stature, Maunatā was human. Though she wore a cloak it was obvious immediately of one distinct feature, four arms instead of two. In Indonesia, where she was born and raised, many called her a Nartaki, a meta-variant of the many humans that grew through Indonesia and their surrounding neighbors. Other than having four arms the other differing being her bright red skin. Her hair was dark black, almost hues of blue slipping in, common among the Indian cultures and one of the few things that let her fit into and prove she belonged. Despite having red skin, Maunatā did not hide her apperance from others. Not the most beautiful, nor expecting to impress people with her words, she kept her attire rather plain with black saree, covering her legs and her chest, but leaving her stomach and arms uncovered. Over her saree though she wore a sleeveless lined cloak, and her arms are wrapped in black wraps around each of her hands to avoid being cut by her own weapons.

Personality: The first thing, other than her appearance, that is noticeable about Maunatā is that she does not talk. No one knows the reason for her mute nature, but she is able to communicate through her commlink or via sign language. She is very quiet, partially do to this, and partially due to her stealthy natures. Her face is usually serious, though she can be very expressionalistic when she is comfortable with people. Those who get to know her come to find out that she is very sarcastic, and kind of blunt...that might even make the Face happy that she can't talk.

Used to being a visual eye sore, she can be very sneaky when she wants to be. There are times that she will sneak up on someone without even realizing that she was sneaking up on them. They turn around and she's a foot behind them, and she does find a little joy of scaring the living crap out of people that way. When it comes to fighting, and her work, she takes it very seriously. Maunatā can be very focused, and requires meditation where it is quiet during her time to calm down and relax. Some may think she is prudish because she doesn't partake in drugs or alcohol, but she treats her body like she was raised, as a temple.

Capabilities: After years of training, she has learned how to manipulate energy into her own body and cause her fighting capabilities to hurt more, or to stop people quicker than necessary. If asked she signs or messages <I hit things, really hard, multiple times. I can also take some hits pretty hard. I can also sneak up on people if need be.>
While she doesn't flaunt her work, when digging around hard enough there are some positive reviews of her works, "Got in, got **** done, got out...not much for talking, but gets it done." another states, "Kind of creepy, but she did the job. Also, don't piss her off or try to screw her over...I still feel the bruise in my rib."

Short Biography: Born in the slums of Indian Union, it was easy to tell her differences from the rest of her people. Her parents kept their head down, her father working three jobs at any given time, though always under the table because he couldn't afford a SIN. Her mother stayed home to home school her children, all four of them. Maunatā, then known by another name of course, was the only of her family with differences, and her SINless mother hid her as well, afraid of what would happen to her children if the government found out about her youngest.

Eventually word got out about her, and while some of the older members, those who believed in Hindu, in the slums thought of it as a sign from the Kâli goddess herself. The younger kids though that it was hilarious to poke fun of her, even though many of them were not human either, had deformities or even had other issues with them. When she was of school age, and stayed home, she was allowed to play outside. Even though she didn't attend a normal school, playing outside sometimes led to the other slum kids coming by and seeing her with her siblings. Kids are cruel, and would begin to pick on, beat up, and ridiculed.

At a young age she learned that if she sat still in a quiet place alone, she could begin to block out the outside noises that seemed to never dull. Everyone else spoke, and she had stopped speaking before the age of three. Later she read up on it, and learned that it was called meditation. Somehow she managed to block out the hate, block out her crying mother, her arguing parents, her opinionated "aunties" and "uncles" who never left the house even though they had their own houses. She found peace, calm, and serenity. It wasn't until a neighbor, an older Ork with only one tusk and no other teeth named Mr. Slen, came over and dropped a suggestion to the parents when he scared off the third beating that week from the neighborhood kids, "Ya ever consider sending her somewhere to better learn that meditation stuff? There's a Monastery (though her pronounced it Monster-air-ee) that may be something she enjoys...she likes to do that meditation stuff."

Her dad was against it, but her mom and Mr. Slen helped her learn more, and with the few nguyen they could save up, and a trip to Nepal, Maunatā decided to join the Monastery that welcomed metahumans and allowed them to learn peacefully. She went to Pangboche Monastery at the age of twelve, uneducated, mute, and desperate for somewhere to be accepted. Pangboche accepted her with open arms, not even blinking an eye at her abnormalities, and there were at least six other Nartaki's that lived there, despite there being less than a hundred in her home country. Maunatā grew up learning from books, studying meditation, studying fighting with a Chakarm, and mastering the ways of a magic that few mastered across the world to make her body even more powerful. Though the monks at the Monastary were allowed to talk, Maunatā never did, which led to her Master giving her the name Maunatā, erasing her birth name from existence when she graduated. Maunatā means silence in Nepali.

While there, she learned more about Buddhism and the ways that many Buddhist handled their religion. There were five main rules to follow, and while she followed most of them, one she couldn't always follow was not killing others. Not because she was particularly violent, but she felt that she would be forgiven and wasn't doing anything wrong by riding the world of an evil. Despite this, she did punish herself whenever she broke one of those rules, despite Buddhism being very forgiving and having never been told that it was necessary. Maunatā realized that when she did this it cleared her mind, and helped her focus towards a better mind of enlightenment.

For a few year she stayed on as a teacher, but was encouraged to explore the world outside. She tried to go back home, but her family had relocated, and she didn't know where they had gone, minus one letter she received from her mother that they moved to China. Instead she went elsewhere. Thus far she had visited England, Laos, Thailand, Canton Confed, Rep of China, Ningxia, Mongolia, and Bali. Each place she sat with those who practiced different religions, though she herself was a Buddhist, and learned more about their ways of practice. Along the way, due to lack of possessions and finances, she began to put her abilities out there for purchase. Any nguyen she gained was purely to get her to the next location, or to put food in her mouth, or occasionally because someone needed to die due to the deeds they had caused. Any additional was donated to the local temples or to families in need when she had the means to donate. Thus far she had only been in Vienna for a few days, researching and trying to find a rumored monk that lived in the city, though she had yet to find any luck. Her money was running dry, so she put some feelers out on the Shadow boards for any one looking for a fighter for hire. Her price was cheap, especially in comparison to the multitude of people who over did their own resumes and provided photos, her was simple and just said <Will punch people for money. Quiet. Don't eat much. Will discuss prices.> Maybe she'd get a ping in a few days, until then she went to the nearest park and meditated.

A Note on Contacts:
One contact she would have is her master in Nepal. I don't have specifics for him just yet, but other than that I could care less about other contacts. She may know of people here and there, but not super friendly or attached.

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; 06-02-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Closed Thread