Old 05-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 376
LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles
Name: Gustavo Pampos

Handle: Estragos

Appearance: Estragos is an olive skinned Ork hailing from the Metropóle, standing at 6'4 and well over 300 lbs. the kid from Sao Paulo cuts the typical imposing figure for a member of his metatype. He sports a symmetrical undercut with his mostly brown curly hair grown to a medium length on top that he wears messy when not "on the job" and gelled back "during business" along with a thick medium length beard, judging by the size of his roots he previously rocked a dark blonde dye job.

In his leisure time he typically loves to dress in bright colors, usually in tank top shorts and sandals (if he can get away with it) that seems to indicate he never quite left the favela behind. While out of the streets doing business he likes to stick with his red wine armored bomber jacket, an official Jet Black concert tee (vintage of course), black jeans, and a pair of white high tops.

One of the things that stands out about his person is the rather large chemical burn scar on his right pectoral that show's whenever he's in low cut shirts.

Capabilities
The Meet"So you're the one that's been looking for yeah? Woah, woah, woah...how about we keep our hands above the table entendeu? Look we both know this dance so let's not frag with each other here, I already know about your guys and no I don't mean these two. I'm talking about the elf at the jukebox that can't make up his mind on which song to pick for the past 20 minutes, the two playing pool over there while still wearing their jackets even though it's messing with their shots, and let's not forget that mulher bela over at the bar with the cherry red lips. What? You're impressed? Well then you'll be glad to know that I can do more than just see omae."

"What are you looking for a trigger man? I've got a full arsenal I can bring to bear and I've got no problem handling it, I could thread a needle with a bullet if they made a small enough caliber. Looking for a little sabotage to occur, something to go missing, loud, quiet, you want it to look like a wiz-wyrm just ran roughshod over an entire facility I've got the know how to make it happen- Oh? What? Just because I've got tusks and two hundred pounds on you, you don't think I can be quiet? Listen here, I wasn't able to hump around the jungle for almost 3 years and survive because I got two left feet and a loud mouth. If you're looking for protection you can sleep easy nobody gets near you and if they do I'll take care of them, soft or hard as you want to play it."

"Now if you're satisfied with my pitch how about we talk business, as long as the price is right you've got my skills the only thing I don't do is children and slaughtering civies, you need that you can find someone else we clear compadre? Good. Now let's get some drinks and you can tell me what you need, the drinks are on you."

Personality: Estragos tries to keep a light hearted casual attitude in his day to day life, while not exactly religious he believes in some form of karma you treat others well and you'll find yourself treated the same, you're small misgivings can be thrown off by pleasant interactions, and if you can reasonably justify your actions than it's probably ok. He likes to use this line of thinking as a buffer to fend off the karmic guilt he'll feel while pulling some....dirtier jobs in the shadows. He'll also take the chance to party across the city whenever he really needs to blow off steam preferring bouncing nightclubs that remind him of his home.

While on a run he'll adopt a more professional military oriented demeanor trying to cut the casual chit-chat as much as he can. He also has a tendency of checking the area above him, whether he's constantly watching the sky or trees while outside or the ceiling/air vents while indoors. He has fear of being snatched from above suddenly stemming from watching old horror trids when he was a kid.

He has a tendency of slipping Portuguese into his conversations switching to his native tongue completely when he is stressed or extremely worked up. He also has a habit of tapping the fingers of his right hand to his thumb back and forth constantly whenever he's deep in thought or anxious.

Backstory: Estragos grew up in the streets of the Sao Paulo quarter in the Metropóle, Amazonia. Born in 2052 Estragos like every other youth ran with a small local gang in his favela mugging tourist and pulling smash and grabs proving to be quite the wild child. That was until his father had become the victim of a stabbing trying to break up a street fight that his son was involved in, luckily he survived and while his dad was in the hospital Estragos promised him that he would cut ties with his galera and go on the straight and narrow. He ended up joining the Amazonian military at 18 2 years before the start of the Atzlander-Amazonian war, Estragos spent most of the war as a guerrilla fighter striking at Atzlander forces from the jungle and occasionally in urban theaters in and around Bogota.

During this time Estragos' unit commander began dealing with a local cartel to secure extra supplies and information in return for protection and help with their smuggling operations, while he did have his scruples Estragos was convinced by his commander that "In times of war certain actions were justified to a point for the greater good" and they needed every advantage they could get to win this war. So the ork kept his head down and followed orders, for every rival gang taken out that was another shipment of food or medicine, for some farmer ran off his land that was a delivery of grenades and AT mines. That was how things had to be he told himself, he couldn't deny that it was working too he had heard stories of units being left on there own with barely any support they didn't last long. This all came to a head during the the final days of the war, Amazonian forces were being systematically being wiped out his unit had no choice but to retreat or be slaughtered with the rest his commander arranged for transport out of Bogota from the cartel in exchange for a favor. If he agreed to get his unit wipe out a group of refugees that included a number of important targets for the cartel escaping from the city and stage it as an Aztlan attack they would be guaranteed safe passage, if they refused the units previous dealings with the cartel would be made public, the commander agreed to the deal and reported to the unit that they had "one last mission before they could go home."

Estragos protested the the commander's orders along with a number of his buddies while the rest of the unit backed the commander, tempers flared and as the argument escalated a shot was fired and a bloody fire fight erupted and ended in seconds. Only Estragos and a few of the men who backed him were left standing, with their ride home shot and their crimes now guaranteed to come to light they were left with no choice but to abandon their current lives defecting from the military and making a run for the coast. With the extra cash they had made they were able to secure transport to the Caribbean League from smugglers. Once they had arrived safely the group went their separate ways, still fearing that he was too close to home to be safe Estragos made his way to Europe first landing in Portugal where he began using the skills he had learned in the favela and the military to start a new life in the shadows.

Over the last year Estragos has been taking jobs wherever he could trying to make a name for himself in the shadows, slowly making his way inland pulling jobs in Spain, France, and the Allied German States. It was while on a run in Berlin guarding some Ares Corp kid that Estragos had a encounter with something he never thought he would ever see again. It was an old friend from his childhood gang visiting Berlin on business of his own, he informed Estragos that he was living in Vienna now working for the Commando Viena and that if he was looking for a place to really make some nuyen than he should come to "The City of Dreams". Finding himself intrigued by the offer Estragos has traveled down south to Vienna with his friend and has set himself up close to the nearby Amazonian community. It's been about a few weeks since he arrived and Estragos is still working on establishing himself within the local shadow community.

Story Behind the Handle: Estragos (Portuguese for Havoc) was the nickname Gustavo earned back during his days as a gang member in Sao Paulo and has gone back to using it as a handle for his shadowrunning career. He used to be know for the aggressive and reckless actions he would take against the cops and especially other gangs in fact the incident that earned him the moniker involved both.

Os Lutadores Vermelhos (The Red Fighters) were a rival gang in little Gustavos' neighborhood and had been causing trouble for him and his crew for some time, with the Lutadores Vermelhos being a much larger gang there was no way that Gustavo's gang could deal with them directly so the young ork came up with a plan. Disguising himself in Lutadores colors Gustavo jumped a cop on patrol and stole his car leading to a police chase through the favela that ended in Lutadores territory, crashing the car and setting it alight the police came in force looking to crack down on anyone wearing the gangs colors. This ended up sparking a three day riot in the favela in which most of The Red Fighters were either imprisoned, hospitalized, or dead effectively ending the gang and earning Gustavo his nickname.

Last edited by LtTibbles; 05-24-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
I'm very interested in this Vienna campaign! I'm new to Shadowrun, but reading up and working on my application.

Last edited by Leviticus; 05-15-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7527
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Welcome Leviticus, we'll gladly have you. There is plenty of time.

As promised a quick round of preliminary feedback for everybody (but LtTibbles, sorry. I am very much into the Aztlan Ork though. There is also a central and south american community in Vienna, and one Amazonian gang (Comando Viena - modelled after Comando Verde))

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-15-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
If you haven't already, Leviticus, I'd personally recommend downloading/at-least checking either Chummer or Herolab, they help with the book-keeping process involved in making a Runner.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:40 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1939
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I edited my application with a bit more information about why exactly he is Orange Imp and how he managed to get a good enough ID to go to school, as well as being allowed to work at the university.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for your recommendation Marshmallow. I just downloaded Chummer and I'm on my way to a Runner!
Old 05-16-2019, 04:01 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Plenty time left to get some ideas in - not a single Dwarf or Troll yet! Also with Marshmallow retooling we are light on Mage too, and of course on Deckers!

So dare to get into the Shadows guys! A world of Cyberpunk delights awaits.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:13 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
Thank you for your recommendation Marshmallow. I just downloaded Chummer and I'm on my way to a Runner!
If you need any help setting it up (such as what sources to add into it or what certain qualities do) then please feel free to DM me, I'm always happy to help someone out with their first-time in Shadowrun's CC as it can be a bit daunting.

EDIT:
Phettberg, I raise your meme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQeS1Rzs6MM

Last edited by Marshmallow; 05-16-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2182
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
ChefName: Jan Smedvig
Handle: Chef
Metatype: Troll (Giant)
Appearance: Easily standing over 3 meters tall, Chef's most noteworthy feature is his size. His skin is pale, but rough with a bark-like texture. He keeps his chin clean-shaven, but sports a bushy blond mustache and sideburns, which mostly obscure his datajack.

His lilting, sing-song accent instantly marks him as originating from Norway. It also (along with his large hands) earned him the nick-name Chef, which he only grudgingly accepts.

Personality: Chef considers himself as something of a "gentle giant," and personally avoids the use of violence when possible, despite being built for it. In fact, that's part of what drew him to the Matrix in the first place; in meatspace, people assumed he was good for nothing but muscle.

Chef's Matrix avatar is an arctic fox: quick, small, and stealthy. Everything Chef is not. While hacking in AR (finding safe places for a giant to go into AR can be tricky), Chef has been known to absentmindedly sing Lutheran hymns or Nuevo-doom Metal anthems under his breath.

Capabilities: Decker

"You got problems on the Matrix, ja? Then I'm your man. I've been hacking hosts since I was a wee lad, only 2 meters tall. Und nobody searches a troll or a giant for a cyberdeck. Everybody assumes when I've been disarmed, I'm harmless. But nothing could be further from the truth, ya know?"

Short Biography: Born in the forests of Norway, Chef was raised far from the city centers, enduring the freezing winters of his homeland, as well as paracritter attacks. His parents were hunters and fighters, working security for corp research and mining facilities in the Arctic North, while he kept their rundown appliances working. They wanted a better life for their son, and saw his knack for strategy games and tinkering with electronics, so they saved for years to buy him a trainee cyberdeck.

Unfortunately, Chef got a little ahead of himself. He practiced by trying to hack a local Saeder-Krupp facility that was out of his league, and they managed to trace his location. The HTR team swarmed their home and killed his mother before anyone knew what was happening, but Chef and his father managed to fight them off. His father never realized what made Saeder-Krupp turn against them, and Chef was too ashamed to admit it was him. He and his father fled to the Black Forest Troll Kingdom to go into hiding. With his new lesson in humility, and a criminal SIN to show for it, he slowly worked his way up through the shadows, taking small jobs with local gangers and minor corps to hone his skills, to become a top-tier decker. But after several years, the Kingdom was starting to feel a little too small. He was ready for a fresh start. Vienna sounded perfect.

Last edited by RainyDayNinja; 05-21-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
If you need any help setting it up (such as what sources to add into it or what certain qualities do) then please feel free to DM me, I'm always happy to help someone out with their first-time in Shadowrun's CC as it can be a bit daunting.

EDIT:
Phettberg, I raise your meme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQeS1Rzs6MM
Thank you so much Marshmallow. I'll likely take you up on that offer!
Old 05-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 750
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
LeshiName: Iev Sokolov
Handle: Leshi
Appearance: An Ogre from the Russian Republic, the only things that set Leshi apart from any other portly old Russian are his pointy ears and big Ogre jaw. However, those are things he's learned to hide over the years to avoid the stigmas that come from being an especially rare meta. Besides that he often grows out a thick beard and dresses in plain clothes fitting for a man of his girth. He's a little older for an Ork and so is balding a bit on top, his face similarly weathered and etched with the first signs of wrinkles.

Personality: Leshi is a proud Russian, often stoic and silent, possessed of a peaceful self-surety. Others might call him dim-witted and stubborn. Either way, he knows what he believes is right and is both confident and decisive in following his internal guidance. Though usually at peace with the world around him, as a follower of Bear he can at times fly into a rage. But ultimately he is driven by respect and reverence for nature, life, and the spirit world, and feels a sense of kinship with all beings that respect the same. As this often puts him at odds with megacorps he finds good company in the Shadows.

Capabilities: Shapechanger Druid

the disposal"I ain't afraid of some fat old Shaman." The ork pushed past the younger human, wearing the same gang colors. He hugged a big barrel marked with faded "toxic" symbols and dragged it towards the edge of the dock. "We got a job to do. Easy cred." The young man continued with a worried look on his face. "You don't get it man. He's everywhere. Every bird, every rat, every stray dog, it's him." The ork tipped the barrel onto its side and it began to drain its sickly green contents into the river. "Ah you're just being paranoid."

The man pleaded further. "He's got spirits, man. The animals. And they say he can turn into anything. I heard he turned into a bear, and that's what ate Collins!" At this the ork stood upright and raised an eyebrow. He looked left and right quickly, then narrowed his eyes. "Bah..." he said dismissively, "I'll be fine." He patted the heavy pistol under his coat and went back to work. "You gotta listen to me," the human started again, "He doesn't care about your gun. He's not just some backwoods mojo slinger. He'll eat that gun before he eats you!"

The ork scoffed as he wrestled another barrel to the edge of the dock. "Alright smart guy, if he's so scary, why don't you just clear out? I got this. I'll take your cut and you can just stay at home with your mamma, crying about the scary magic man. That sound good to you?" He stood and put his foot up on the barrel as it drained. But the man didn't answer. He looked around. "Uh... hey. I was just kidding man." He stared down the dim-lit dock and saw something moving. "Is... s'that you?" But from the shadows sprung a snarling wolf instead, poised to pounce and barking ferociously. The ork fumbled for his gun and pointed it clumsily at the wolf, but before he found the trigger a huge weight fell on his back, flashes of claws and teeth obscured by shadows and brown fur. The last thing he saw was the open maw of a great brown bear.

Short Biography: Though he's originally from the Russian Republic, Iev mostly grew up in the Allied German States. He was born in an obscure farming village in Western Russia his family was driven to the Ork and Ogre communities of the AGS by extreme poverty and mounting fears of oppression. When Iev manifested as Awakened it was the final straw; they had to escape or lose him to the Red Army. It was in the AGS he got his first fake SIN and started work as a warehouse laborer near Leipzig under the name of Iev Sokolov. Over time he worked his way up to security at a wildlife preserve a dozen klicks from the city, a position that suited his talents and interests quite well. For years he lived happily in the AGS. But that was before he was found out.

It all started with pollution. It was always pollution. Corporate drones trashing the natural world to cut costs. It was the cold reality of the sixth world, but it always left a bitter taste in Iev's mouth. He never thought to do anything until he caught a toxic shaman practicing his sickly magic in the preserve. He didn't try to scare him off or arrest him, he just killed him on the spot. From that point on he started moonlighting as a vigilante purifier. He went after toxic shamans, sure, but also poachers, corporate lackeys, and even processing and manufacturing facilities. But one night he was almost caught and nearly got himself killed. He wasn't identified, but amidst a cloud of suspicion he fled west to Vienna. Short on cash and needing to lay low for a while, he started looking for work in the local scene.

Last edited by AlphaZ; 05-22-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:47 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Druids are a thing in Shadowrun? Whaaa? How?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonQueen View Post
Druids are a thing in Shadowrun? Whaaa? How?
There are a lot of magical traditions beyond the hermetic/shaman split in Shadowrun, and technically one can make up their own as well. Mechanically it changes what drain is based on and how elements/spirt types commonly line up with spell types.

Anyway, cool new applications - I will get to sending out a little bit of feedback in the next few days. I guess we are pretty much covering all the bases in terms of archetype (except maybe for face), but still no dwarf nor anybody from the african continent. So if you want to throw me a curveball then get an app for something along those lines out. We'll see if there are more lurkers at all anyway.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:01 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
That's pretty neat. Still new to the magic side of things, I thought it would be limited, but slowly realizing it's only limited to your imagination.
Closed Thread