twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 904
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Just to make it a little clear for any damage dealers/streetsams we might have going on into this, I'll be rolling my rigger with Longarms, I'll be editing that into my application.

Last edited by Marshmallow; 05-18-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:02 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1886
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Hey Phett, posting interest here. I've actually already been working on a character idea for a Dwarven Face/Technomancer.

Question as I'm kinda familiar but not an expert in SR; is there a mechanic for breaking down/reassembling a larger weapon like an assault rifle to make it more concealable?
Old 05-19-2019, 07:04 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2523
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
I'm not seeing anything on the forums that help out. If you can't use a magical means at least...there are cars and you can build a hiding compartment in the car maybe?
Old 05-19-2019, 07:37 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8978
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyNolds View Post
Question as I'm kinda familiar but not an expert in SR; is there a mechanic for breaking down/reassembling a larger weapon like an assault rifle to make it more concealable?
Yes. In addition to smuggling compartments in vehicles like dragonqueen said a weapon can be modified for easy breakdown. I don't have my books with me at the moment - but it's somewhere in hard targets.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 904
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
I could be wrong here, but is it not Powered/Unpowered assembly?

Last edited by Marshmallow; 05-19-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:17 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
WIP...
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Ashraf Mansour
Handle: Omicron
Race: Dwarf
Ethnicity: Egyptian

Appearance: A bit taller and a bit thinner than your run-of-the-mill dwarf, Omicron could almost be mistaken for a human. If you saw him from 50 meters away. With no one else around. He keeps most of his head buzzed at all times, but always leaves the stubble and with every new job he will let different parts of his thick, black hair grow out a quarter of an inch and groom his facial hair into a new, elegant pattern. The worry-lines on his forehead and cheekbones make him seem like he's in his early forties instead of his late thirties. During conversation he remains focused on the matter at hand, but when alone or unengaged he will often adopt a far-away look in his rich, brown eyes as he stares off into nothing.

Omicron keeps himself well-dressed despite anything else that might be going on in his life. He keeps up to date on the latest trends in business fashion and isn't afraid to splurge for the second or third-grade knock-offs of the newest designer brands. He also keeps a small selection of communications gear on hand so no one notices he doesn't need any of it to access the Matrix. An eyepiece with image link and commlink are usually worn and left switched on, just for show.

Matrix Persona: A representation of the Egyptian God Thoth clad in gleaming techno-armor and flowing robes. As he manipulates the datastreams with technomancy it looks like he is casting spells out of an ancient tome in a bewildering mix of magic and technology.
Marks: Omicron's marks are small ankh icons.

Personality: Despite his traumatic upbringing, Omicron maintains a healthy worldview and remains surprisingly optimistic, almost stubbornly so. He's always ready with a smile and a comment to be thankful for something, even in the middle of a firefight. When you consider his unique history and the karmic outlook on life he maintains, Omicron figures he's about even and simply needs to keep the balance in his life. Hence shadowrunning. It give him the perfect opportunity to do a little good, then do a little evil. Preserve a little order, then unleash some chaos.

Looking at him you wouldn't know his inner turmoil and stress boils just under the surface. Omicron is perpetually charming and disarming, with an unassuming face and better-than average clothes he speaks softly and evenly, almost like you would expect a buddhist monk to talk. When in the company of those he trusts and who knows his skillset, Omicron is always willing to openly discuss the philosophy surrounding technomancy. If a theologian describes magic and technology as two very different side to the same coin, Omicron would say technomancy is the edge of that coin. The third side no one knew existed. He longs for the day when technomancers can freely walk down the street, unafraid of persecution. He thought that day came when the patriarch of the Coptics announced Egypt as a sanctuary five years ago, but to his great sorrow that just created a breeding ground for corp squads and world governments to begin kidnapping or slaughtering them en masse.

In addition to long discussions regarding techno-philosophy, Omicron enjoys a few additional hobbies in his spare time. One of them involves visiting various artisan kaf houses and leaving reviews under the pseudonym Kaficionado. He considers himself quite the connoisseur and is incredibly excited to visit a plethora of new and undoubtedly spectacular cafes in Vienna. He also enjoys staying current on the most recent dragon onomastic literature and often mixes his two pleasures, losing himself in the newest text while sipping away on a french roast.

Capabilities:
Concise: Skilled Face. Hard-hitting Technomancer. Average with automatic weapons. (FYI, Omicron has almost no traditional decking skills other than Software and Computers. My intention with this character was not to replace a decker, but to complement one!)
Mr. Johnson's Pitch: Mr. Johnson was given the following commlink message from Omicron's eraser contact: Got a new one for you. He's wet-behind-the-ears, hasn't popped his shadowcherry yet but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. He's got Matrix skillz like nobody's business and can handle a smudge decent enough. Professional and courteous, too. A true chummer, through and through. Let me know if you've got a need and I'll send him your way.
Biography: Omicron's history is shrouded in secrecy. If asked he would tell them he came to Vienna very recently after leaving his last position "unamicably". He has some indirect experience with shadowrunning, but this is all new to him and he's eager to prove his worth to the group. If anyone tries to dig into his past it quickly becomes apparent that someone or some group has done a VERY good job of hiding it. There's no mention of Omicron or any person fitting his description ever existing before he showed up here.

Contacts: I have two solid ideas for Omicron's contacts:
1. Fixer (Connection 2, Loyalty 2): The "eraser" who got him out of Egypt with a new identity and a new life here in Vienna. Possibly a current or retired shadowrunner? This person would like Omicron just enough (knowing his backstory) to help him but certainly wouldn't call him a "friend". Probably a low loyalty rating and higher connections rating.
2. VW Local (Connection 3, Loyalty 1): Someone local, who lives in Vereinigte Wohnparks. Omicron would want to get friendly with the locals since it is a dangerous place to live. Probably higher loyalty but lower connections for this person.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Omicron small.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	80261  

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 05-26-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:38 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
A little bit of feedback for two of our newcomers and LtTibbles.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:00 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Ah! I didn't see that one. In case you don't have the books Moldy there is Easy breakdown (manual) for 750 at an 8R availability or Easy Breakdown (powered) for 1250 at 10R.

"With this modification, weapons can be modified to

easily break down to pieces small enough to be easi-
ly hidden. A rifle might fit into a large briefcase, while

the parts of a pistol might serve as pieces of jewelry.

Just don’t try to hide a machine gun in a violin or gui-
tar case—Hollywood has run that trope into the ground

for well over a century. Manual easy breakdown means
that the weapon can be broken down or assembled in
3 Complex Actions. Powered easy breakdown means
that the weapon can be broken down or assembled in
2 Complex Actions."
Old 05-20-2019, 08:26 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonQueen View Post
Ah! I didn't see that one. In case you don't have the books Moldy there is Easy breakdown (manual) for 750 at an 8R availability or Easy Breakdown (powered) for 1250 at 10R.
Nice, thanks DragonQueen! I might consider switching out Omicron's SCK Model 100 for an assault rifle. He even has the brifecase already
Old 05-20-2019, 08:40 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
No problemo, let me know if you need anything else.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:06 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
Omicron is ready for a review by Phett and any other potential applicants. I kept his backstory secret for technomancer reasons. Also I mentioned it in his capabilities but just to reiterate, I built Omicron with fairly narrow Matrix skills. I think he would team up VERY well with a decker.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
You want a review - you got it.

As for everybody else, I will give those that have declared themselves as finished a once over and some more of my thoughts, then go through the others bit by bit.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Hope you're enjoying your vacation and not working too hard
Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics

Stay relaxed in your travels!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2748
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja

Last edited by RainyDayNinja; 05-21-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Closed Thread