Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 750
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ

Last edited by AlphaZ; 05-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7527
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Some second round feedback for Ericg1s, Dragonqueen, Andor, RainyDayNinja, AlphaZ

I think I am still waiting for LtTibbles to respond to my earlier feedback. Marshmallow and Moldynolds I'll get to next, but I think they are fairly done as it is.

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-22-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:18 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; 05-22-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@TheDragonQueen

Old 05-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 750
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Old 05-22-2019, 02:04 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Old 05-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 376
LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles
Sorry for making you wait Phettberg, I had a couple of busy days and finally got the chance to make some changes based on your feedback. Let me know what you think!

Old 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1939
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I tried to clarify a tiny bit how my character became interested in art, and tried to modify one of the contacts to better fit into the game world.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:47 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Looking good everyone. As things stand I will definitely be taking on six runners, and I am even thinking about possibly extending that to seven. Eight might be stretching it too much for me - especially if everybody sticks around for the long haul. But it will be tough, let me tell you.

@AlphaZ

@Ericg1s Thanks, super. As you can see you are already marked as complete - but if you can think of other things that would be interesting for me or your fellow applicants then feel free to edit some more.

@LtTibbles Great, I'll look it over in the near future and give some final thoughts. Is the application now complete?
Old 05-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1457
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Man, this game looks like an absolute blast! Realize thi one's coming in a bit late, but I'm had one of those "lightblub" moments!

Going to throw this in here, because why not? Application to come later tonight, after work!

Old 05-23-2019, 11:06 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
So a few more pieces of feedback in this double post - this time for LtTibbles, Marshmallow & Moldynolds

EDIT: Welcome Howling Winds of - not late at all. Still over a week to go, so knock yourself out!

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:17 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Old 05-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Name: Dr. John Russo

Handle: Doc

Origin: Imperial Japan

Appearance:
(Dr. John Russo: Professional look) Wears light gray slacks with a gray vest and white long sleeve button up, hair is semi-short and black and well groomed, observers may notice the ware he has on his hands and peeking out the top of his shirt, his eyes are clearly cybereyes with a deep blue coloration, the cuff links on his shirt have a small Red Cross on them, his left vest pocket seems to have a small flashlight and pen stuck in it.
(Doc: Runner look) All Black Full body Urban Explorer Jumpsuit with small red crosses on the back, right arm, and left leg of the suit, it is complete with a full face helmet, a taser sits in a holster strapped to his chest and a backpack is secured tight to his body for effective running

Personality:
(Dr. John Russo: Off the job) The good doctor moves with a practiced grace of a conductor leading an orchestra. He never smiles more than a slight grin. Some just chalk him up as an introvert. His words are kind full of empathy while his eyes seem inquisitive. He does his best to make his patients feel at ease and safe in his care. His curiosity about cyberware and the extent of what the human body can take are a driving force in his research. Some of colleagues would call him obsessed and his practices somewhat unethical. He greets everyone with at least a nod because he knows that many people just want to others to acknowledge their existence.
(Doc: On the job) Doc on the other hand is cold and unfeeling. His methods precise, brutal, and swift. Every enemy is approached as if they were a biology cadaver meant to be dissected as he pleases. One does not weep for those who are already dead in his eyes. He obeys the orders of the team leader without question even if it seems risky for his own health. Lies are rewarded with an eternal hatred. His main priority is the health and safety of the team whether it’s providing cover fire, patching them up in the field, or long term care in his facility. However, Doc believes in quick executions and is against unnecessary death. To illustrate, blowing a hole through someone’s skull resulting in instant death is totally fine. If he knocks someone unconscious and they will slowly bleed to death, he will slap a trauma patch on them to keep them from dying. He sees opposing security forces as just people doing their job and following orders just like him. No need to allow more death to happen than necessary. If a bullet to the hand keeps a guy from shooting back at him, he’ll prefer that over one to the brain.

Recreational Activities: His morning routine includes practicing Tai Chi and meditation. Lunch is laid back with making sushi and miso soup. Afternoon tea is actually a traditional Japanese tea ceremony that lasts the whole 45 min to an hour. This is normally the time that he has guests over as a laid back way to honor them and introduce them to his heritage. He has a small bonsai tree that he prunes daily for the past couple of years which is the centerpiece for his dining room table. One activity he does socially outside his house is finding a local shooting range of some sort to practice at. He is prone to getting to know the other shooters there and indulge in friendly competitions. This also serves a dual purpose of meeting up with other runners and fixers as well as explaining why he has a gun license and is so good at shooting. The other is he goes to car shows to see both the latest and classic cars. This stems from when he was a kid still in a powered wheelchair spending time doing his father’s favorite American passion, working on and admiring classic American muscle cars. They would go to the shows and look at all the cars while comparing notes about which one was their favorite based on performance, features, and style.

Capabilities:
(Concise) Human Combat Medic with Heavy Weapons and Pistols
(Selling Himself) I’m an experienced combat medic who knows how to bring the hurt and stop it. One of my specialties is mobility and able to get where I need to go quickly. My arsenal is diverse to where I can punch a hole through a troll with my assault cannon, lob a volley of grenades on a clustered gang, riddle someone with bullets from my heavy pistol as I’m dragging a hurt teammate away, or knockout out a target with some Narcojet for easy extraction. Because of my cyberlimbs, I can get my pistols past all but the most cautious security as well as smuggle out goods. Sometimes big jobs mean walking away with some bullets still in you or cuts from a Monowhip. I’ve got some hospital beds set up in my facility where a runner can safely rest up while I provide extra medical care to get them back out there as quick as possible. Because as we all know time is money.

Contacts:
Arms Dealer (Connection 4/ Loyalty 1)
Pharmacist (Connection 4/ Loyalty 1)

Short Biography:
John’s Father is a North American transplant that came to Imperial Japan when he accepted a job offer to work for Shiawase in their Cybertech and Biotech department. He was a prodigy in making alphaware and even betaware. The man eventually married one of his Japanese assistants becoming fully engrossed in the Megacorp interfamilial power struggles.

John was born as their only child. Unfortunately, he was born with a very aggressive version of muscular dystrophy. By the age of 10, he had lost all mobility in his legs and significant weakness in his arms. Lack of physical ability only pushed him further into ho studies. He studied to be a doctor that could help other people who suffered from chronic illness. After he reached the age of eighteen, his father had saved enough Nuyen to design his son a completely new body by replacing his arms, legs, and most of his torso with cyber versions.

His father was on the verge of a breakthrough in biotechnology by creating injectable Delaware nanobots that could enhance or completely replace a person’s immune system. They would proactively attack disease, cancer, toxins, and eliminate scar tissue. Such a implant would essentially increase not just person’s lifespan, but also the quality of their remaining years. What Megacorp executive wouldn’t want to live the healthy high life for several more decades? Wind of this got to the EVO Corporation and as you can imagine they wanted it bad. His father had a constant military guard of no less than 4 guards in full military spec armor and the best weaponry/tech money can buy. Not to mention the fact that Shiawase had put him on lockdown in the research facility until his project was complete. No team of shadowrunners no matter how skilled would even consider going after the man directly. The only option was to coerce him into a “new change of scenery” at EVO. His wife was on lockdown with him in the facility, so their only other option was to kidnap his son who was practicing medicine in a less secure hospital. His father had told him that people might come for him and prepared an “extended vacation package” for him to use at the first sign of trouble.

John was now thrown into the shadows to sink or swim. He could never go back to his old life or contact his parents again. To do so would bring the hammer down on him. He used the tech his father had implanted in him along with his savings to buy some weapons to make a modest life as a Street Doc and shadowrunner when funds were tight. He kept on the move to get as far away from Japan as possible. Sometimes he would set up shop in a city for a few months to a year. This led him to Vienna. Finally, he felt as though he had ran far enough away from his demons to settle down somewhere for a few years.

First things first which was to set up a home-based clinic he could operate out of. Next would be to get the lay of the land and get his name out there. Most people in the shadows couldn’t afford proper medical care. He was their lifeline as well as a skilled doctor to implant ware. His clinic was set up behind his middle class home. He couldn’t stand slumming it in some sprawl. He was from a distinguished family after all and he needed a sterile environment to operate in.

Finally got my character all together. DragonQueen is helping me out with putting the mechanics into Chummer since I play from my phone majority of the time (Thank you btw DragonQueen). I know this makes three humans when you wanted meta diversity, but my character worked best and made most sense as a human. I realize this may lower my chances of being selected.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 05-30-2019 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Changed biography, added contacts
Old 05-24-2019, 02:39 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Looking good Hiruma - I'll update the table and give you some feedback in the near future - maybe later today or tomorrow.

@Marshmallow
Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow

Last edited by Marshmallow; 06-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Closed Thread