twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 06:08 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7527
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@All
I've taken an executive decision about contacts: Like with the fake SIN I will be giving each accepted player a 2/2 3/2 fixer for free, because I noticed that people may have been dropping more archetype specific contacts to get their fixers in. Additionally it's something I'd like a little more control over anyway, because these are the main npcs to dish out my adventures through. Some people may be sharing fixers as well, since then I can have one description for multiple characters and so on. I'll be distributing them according to where characters are living.

Sorry for the inconvenience if I've reminded you in the past about including a fixer.

@gwythion

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-30-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:36 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1370
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Shared contacts are always a good idea!
Old 05-30-2019, 08:34 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Aight noted!
Old 05-30-2019, 08:46 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Sounds good to me!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Sounds good. I added my preferences for contacts to my app.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
gwythion
Sounds good!

Last edited by gwythion; 05-30-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:49 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@gwythion
Old 05-30-2019, 11:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
gwythion
Old 05-30-2019, 11:48 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Old 05-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@gwythion

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-30-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:58 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Getting very close to the deadline people!
(Which I have moved to the first, should you not have noticed my small announcement)

Should you be interested (expressedly so or lurking) and still working on something better get it in quickly!
Old 05-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
Scoops Scoops
Application

Hey, I'm new here, but I thought I'd try to get into this game anyway. Hope I'm doing this correctly!

Name: Alice Weber
Handle: Zu Viel
Archetype: Face/Driver
Birthplace: Berlin

Appearance: She is exceedingly short, almost to the point of being declared a Dwarf, but with the proportions of a sprinter. Alice likes showing off her many implants and tattoos, most of which look like they were chosen for how flashy or downright gaudy they look. Her hair changes styles often, but not the length, and its color changes along with her mood thanks to the fiberoptics. Once on a run, however, she tends to prefer more comfortable, less attention-worthy clothing, such as sweat pants and hoodies, unless the mission calls for something more formal. With her slim, short build, many have mistaken her for a boy, or simply a younger girl, and she often uses this to her advantage.

Personality: Bubbly, cheerful, and happy-go-lucky, those are the terms people tend to use when they describe Alice Weber, and they're not wrong. She is, usually, a genuinely happy person without any major baggage or deep, dark secrets that haunt her from her past. There aren't any corporates or gangbangers who curse her name from the shadows. She has no secret knowledge, she isn't a prodigy or savant, and she certainly hasn't dealt with a Dragon. She is the strangest Shadowrunner in Vienna.

Often her reputation among the various club-goers of Vienna precedes her, though often not by name. Having a story about a 'weird, perky, overly-personal girl with neon hair' that you met at a club once isn't that unusual in some parts of the city. Bartenders know her because she tips well, drug dealers because she's a regular customer, and bouncers because she likes instigating fights between other patrons. Not that she would see it that way. Alice has a bad trait of seeing her self in a better light than most others. Where she sees herself as a happy-go-lucky free spirit type, others may describe her as insufferable. Alice thinks those people are boring.

The young runner tends to obsess over seemingly meaningless detail, often to the annoyance of her peers. She finds people genuinely interesting and can get caught up talking about their lives when she's supposed to be robbing them. That's not to say she isn't perfectly competent at her job, she just gets... distracted. This led directly to her street name: Zu Viel, which loosely translated from her native German means 'Too Much.'

Capabilities: Alice has always been confused why teams hire her. They don't hire her for for her skills with hardware and software, her defensive driving skills, con artistry, or even her above-average marksmanship. No. Almost every time Alice is hired it's as one thing: The Distraction. When it comes to absolutely talking the pointy ears off an Elven CEO, no one can beat Alice.

Short Biography: Born Alice Weber a short twenty-two years ago, Zu Viel had always made friends easily. She was smart, but not arrogant, funny without being demeaning, and kind to those who could do nothing for her. (Perhaps, of course, this is merely how Alice sees herself and others saw a nastier side that she missed.) This made her an instant target of bullies, of course, and when she told her parents of their cruelty they seemed almost bored by it. "So make them stop," was all her father said to her. That much was expected from two die-hard corporate types. They had both met while working for Horizon, Mother in R&D and her Father working some dubious job in 'acquisitions.' Not being much of a fighter, she tried a more round-about approach. She was pretty good with a wrench, and when her most vicious bully left the school that day he had a terrible, totally-definitely-absolutely-not-on-purpose accident.

His crippling injuries bothered Alice for a while, but she saw how the other children seemed much happier without his awful influence. It left her with an odd sense of justice, and a set of ethics that were morally grey at their best. When her family moved to Vienna for her father's work Alice began to steal from those she felt deserved it. This led to a life-long passion for sleight-of-hand, pick pocketing, and cons that seemed to clash with her upbeat, bubbly personality.

But street crime can only be interesting for so long, so Alice set her sights a bit higher and found herself running the shadows almost entirely by accident. One of her contacts in Vienna approached her about doing some work as a 'consultant' for a group of tourists. In fact they were a group of runners who needed a local to talk specifics with a Johnson they didn't quite trust. The underbelly of Vienna is still new to her, and she often makes mistakes, but everyone knows of the seemingly airheaded club-girl who could talk the ears off a stone lion.

Contacts I would like:

A club or bar owner, for holding meetings (and maybe free drinks?0
A boarding house or Hostel owner, for a safe house.
Drug dealers aplenty (Alice likey the Nose Powder.)

Last edited by Scoops; 06-01-2019 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Updates to app
Old 05-31-2019, 04:24 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome scoops! I don't hold newness or fewer posts/rpxp against anybody - it's all about the application. You are doing it correctly, but there are a few notes that I have.

Last edited by Phettberg; 05-31-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
Scoops Scoops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Welcome scoops! I don't hold newness or fewer posts/rpxp against anybody - it's all about the application. You are doing it correctly, but there are a few notes that I have.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure if I should edit my original app with these new additions, or if that's something we handle later, so I'm just going to leave them here for now in a secret tag.

If there's anything I missed or should expand upon, please let me know.

Last edited by Scoops; 05-31-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:24 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, ideally you would edit your original app eventually, because that is the only post I will be looking at when recruiting the first batch of players. I can't be patching it together from multiple posts.

Also I am not seeing anything secret tagged to me in either of your two posts in this thread. It should look like [ SECRET="Phettberg"]Text here[/SECRET] minus the space before the first SECRET.
Closed Thread