RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 03:40 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3436
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
I am interested, will work on a character during the weekend.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
@Jim Faindel sounds good , looking forward to it!
Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Old 05-18-2019, 02:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
right-aligned image
Character Name miacyne
Gender, Age, Race male, 107, wood elf
Class /Subclass rouge 1 fighter (battle master)4
Alignment cg
Appearance- wearing leather armor with various weapons hanging off his body. Miacyne is lean and stall standing a few inches above six feet in height. He has dark hair and eyes and the well tanned hue to his skin.

Personality- I could care less what others think I'm not afraid to hide my opinion they can go shove it. I've fought my way to my opinion and those who feel better than me Arn't worth my time besides the gold I can pull from them.

I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms. I fight and provoke this is a part of the job and someone has my head on a poster. I keep my back to a wall to prevent unseen attacks. I've carried everything on my person since I can remember this is the way of the rouge. Who trusts others to watch hot loot. We've got Changers but you still don't trust them not to betray you.

Background urchin

History
Miacyne was raised under the watch of his father. His mother dying while he was still very young. She was a beautiful artist though and he carries a small painting she had done of their family. His father was much rougher though being a member of the wiley foxes a joke many gangs took when the nobles named the area. He took up small jobs under his father's watch. He learned to master the skills of the rouge and the talent of the fighter working as a briggand. Life was hard and he hated seeing the nobles in their high towers. Miacyne vowed to make them suffer as he and the foxes had on the road. Unlike his father though miacyne refused to get rich off the money he took. Someday he may need more but for now there were families that needed the coin and he made sure it was there.

RP Sample:

My average posting rate is one per day or more.

Last edited by delpinator; 05-22-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:32 AM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6139
sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard
Application of Postponed Doom and Moderated Hooliganism ver. 2.5They defiled our lands, stole what is ours, and mock the bones of our ancestors. Rally to me my brethren for their sacrilege ends here! They shall know the burning wrath of the Harueth-sha'kai! Their banner of progress shall meet chains of retribution and their abominable inventionsheresies shall suffer our righteous hate.
-Lady Annilade Harueth

right-aligned image
Name: The Wanderer
Race: ???
Class: ???
Alignment: ???
Appearance: The Wanderer reeks of an ominous stench. To say that the ivory skull mask is an advertisement towards marked men, would be an understatement. Though the wanderer's true intentions are veiled in mystery by the featureless visage, drab poncho and anachronistic hat.

Personality: The wanderer isn't the chatty type, preferring to keep his business to himself, unless that business involves marked men. The wanderer has a peculiar distaste for new fads, especially guns. Even with the mask, one senses the wanderer's piercing glare particularly on gnomes.

Background: The Wanderer roams from town to town. Recent disturbances have been attributed to this particular outlaw although conflicting rumors suggests there might be more than one of them. Nobody can verify yet what their true motives are. Some say they do it for honor. Some say for money. Some say they are boogiemen to scare children to sleep. Some simply dismiss them as an urban myth.

RP Sample:
Theme Ambient

"Heh. Figured a feller like you'd be here," said the leader of a bounty hunting party as he tips his hat midst the heavy downpour. He rolls and lights tobacco, bellowing a ring of puff into the coldness of the night. "That'd be five of us against ya, stranger. I'd put down the gun if I were ya."

The Wanderer peers over the shoulder with nothing but deadness behind the ivory skull mask. Even with several guns aimed, the wanderer turns towards the threat without any hint of fear, but rather inconvenienced. The wanderer knows too well that these people would rather have their quarry alive for potentially higher payout.

The Wanderer slowly approaches the hunters; metallic jangles chorus with every step leaving a mangled corpse of what used to be a gnome prospector, now a feast for the crows. Not even the rain and thunder could deaden the heaviness of the atmosphere. The Wanderer then undoes the drenched poncho and mask.

The hunters paused to examined what they just witnessed before bursting to laughter.

"What?! Not even a single gun?" Mocked the hunters, their minds already set for an easy payday. "Bringing a knife to a gunfight. What a joke!"

The Wanderer smirked. Raindrops fizzle to steam with a mere touch of her blades, ever glowing like a forge. More crows circled above as they perch on the shingles. Thunders roared and beastly winds howled. Puddles of spattered crimson slowly mixed with the mud. It was over.

Last edited by sneakybastard; 05-20-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
@MeredithS- yea that was a bit confusing, originally i had though of it like his priorities. friends above anyone else and tech above them but im not sure i could pull that off so to simplify it a little i changed his ideal to fit him a bit more. As for the god, that looks awesome and is a lot closer to what i was looking for than anything i could find to be honest. I will work on tweaking his background a little to try and add to it but functionally i think it captures what i am trying for with Gabriel.
Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Rylus- Awesome. I think you're on the right track, and already saw where you're starting make those tweaks... Im glad you like the link I sent you. I think it would be easier to incorporate that since we're already using him in the Legends campaign. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM too. I'll be in touch otherwise Monday or Tuesday with your RP sample scenario. Im working on them a lot today.

Last edited by MeredithS; 05-18-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 795
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
I actually didn't plan to apply to another game right now but then I saw this game and this character almost instantly formed in my mind up to the point when I needed to write everything down. I am open to any suggestions for improvement. Picture will be added soon.

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Sycorax

Race: Wood Elf

Class: Druid of Corruption (Pestilence)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Apperance: At first glance Sycorax would probably not stand out in a crowd. Like most who live in the Wildlands the short woman is rather skinny and her already inherently darker skin is pretty tanned from all the time she spend outdoors. Long, almost black dreadlocks cover her pointy ears and hide the most elven features of her face which is decorated by a couple of tribal tattos. Her dirty full-length dress is made of different materials, all cobbeled together to hide the leather armor underneath. Usually prefering to walk around barefoot she will wear a pair of leather boots once she has to walk for longer periods of time.

But looking closer you soon notice that there is something about the elven woman that distinguishes her from the crowd. Her copper eyes don't show the same level of dispair and hopelessness that is so characteristic for the inhabitants of the Wildlands but they glimmer with passion and determination. The young woman carries herself with a certain confidence although she does not have any weapons on her besides her dark wooden staff which is richly decorated with small bones, dried herbs and different carvings. In fact she does not carry any form of modern technology, not even anything made of metal to be exact. Instead you will find, if you look very closly, that all kinds of bugs and other insects are crawling through the different layers of her dress which many people find very off-putting and prefer to keep their distance.

Personality: Sycorax is a confident young woman with a strong connection to nature. Seeing the state the Wildlands are in she blames the rich elite and their technological advances so she fights to bring the system down and let natural order take over again. Growing up in the working class she has a deep distrust for the rich and more "civilized" folk since in her experience they are weak, corrupt liars that hide behind their flowery words and piles of gold to cling to the power they don't deserve to have. For that reason she does not place any worth in manners or money, when worst comes to worst they won't save you from a hungry beast, and while she recognizes the value some of the new technologies may have she sees them as a big part of the problem so she avoids using them whenever possible.

Over the years the young woman has experienced a lot of rejection so it may take some time to gain her trust. On the other hand losing her favor can happen much faster and once it is lost, it is lost forever.

Background: Outlander - Sycorax had spent most of her life outdoors. But especially during her training she learned to embrace nature and to live off whatever was provided.

History:

RP Sample:WIP

Posting Rate:Twice a week would work fine for me

Last edited by cookieyummy; 05-19-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1677
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
I think I finished my app, pending RP sample of course ^u^b
Old 05-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3854
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Hey there, MeredithS! Still interested. Working on a Tiefling Mechanic. Hafta get down to figuring out a few details then I should have an app up by Wednesday. I hope.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good to me! Which subclass were you leaning towards? Out of curiosity?!
Old 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1389
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
As discussed, Nasrith and I are going to intertwine our backstories.

Application
left-aligned image

Name: Claire Blackwater
Race/Age: Female human (variant), age 24
Class: Rogue (Thief) 2, Warlock (Great Old One/Tome) 3, planning to take mostly Rogue levels going forward.
Alignment: LE to start, explained below
Appearance: A petite human woman of short stature with a wiry, athletic build. Claire has long black hair, pale green eyes, and fair skin that's bronzed by a life spent in the sun. She has prominent cheekbones and in the right lighting she might appear somewhat gaunt, as if she hasn't had a square meal in quite some time. As a result she often wears cosmetics and jewellery. She dresses fashionably but simply, favouring unadorned linens in subdued tones; she prefers to blend into the background of a crowd. Her long fingernails are painted but frequently have dirt underneath and some are chipped, marking her as a member of the lower social castes. She carries herself with excellent posture and moves fluidly.

Personality: In her childhood, Claire was noted for her winning smile and natural physical grace. These traits made her a perennial favourite dance partner at village gatherings. She still carries the fun-loving part of her personality but her brushes with death and years spent in criminal enterprise have cast a pall overtop. At first Claire was loathe to kill or maim and only did so in self-defense, but after a time she began to revel in the feeling of power one could derive from a simple steel dagger. She lacks mental resiliency and while she projects an air of self-assured confidence, few would describe her as a brave leader of men and women. The loss of most of her family has reinforced Claire's belief that the blood of family ties runs thick and that family must stick together. She is more devoted to her brother than to anyone or anything else - indeed, little will incite her to rage or brash action quicker than threats against her twin brother. Claire views life as nasty, brutish, and short; though she values her own life, this fatalist philosophy manifests itself as a willingness (maybe even an eagerness) to spill blood when she feels threatened.

Background: Criminal. The family turned to banditry and highway robbery, at first just stealing enough to survive but eventually becoming dependent on the income to fund an increasingly-lavish lifestyle. As a result the family branched out into other unsavoury activities such as blackmail, forgery, and ransom. As a petite young woman Claire was often able to play innocent and smuggle stolen goods to/from fences and black market dealers without arousing suspicion.

History: The village of Blackwater was a small farming hamlet of thirty-five people or so, nestled near a bend in the Blackwater Creek, from which the village took its name. Years ago a dirt-poor farmer decided he'd had enough of his hard life and formed the Blackwater Family, a band of outlaws composed mostly of the man's relatives and descendants. They began robbing wagons and caravans on the trade routes that crisscrossed the Wildlands. This man was Claire's father.

Over time, the Family moved from simply stealing food or gold to survive and began tackling larger, more heavily-guarded convoys. One particular such convoy belonged to a well-connected nobleman of some sort- Claire never discovered his or her name. That noble, in some way or another, managed to secure the services of an... Outsider, for lack of a better term.

It started innocuously enough- with an unusual but not unheard-of late summer frost. Blackwater's more delicate crops suffered greatly, the ice crystals on their leaves a deceptively beautiful omen of worse to come. Villagers began falling ill, becoming feverish and delirious. Later came locusts in their thousands, devouring the heartier crops and even some of the straw-thatched roofs in the village. The elder and weaker of those who had fallen ill began to die while the younger and stronger lingered on in terror and agony. Claire's twin brother Dallen was one of those bedridden; when he was conscious he spoke in tongues and couldn't be persuaded to eat or drink.

For her own part, Claire had been luckier than some; she'd managed to avoid the fever. The week after the locusts had come, Claire and her younger brother Marcus were out in the fields trying to salvage some crops when the wind began to pick up. In the west Claire saw dark clouds rolling in, and the setting sun painted their undersides a foreboding shade of crimson. The horses grew restless in their stables, and Claire noticed the crickets had stopped their chirping. It grew dark. Flashes of lightning split the sky, and thunder rattled Claire's bones. Rain began to fall. Over the din she heard Marcus call her name. She followed his pointing hand and saw a figure silhouetted against the western ridge. It was vaguely humanoid, but appeared to have antlers, or perhaps horns. And judging by the trees on that ridge, it was at least eight feet tall. Lightning flashed again and Claire could see the figure running towards them, impossibly fast, now upright as a human would, now on all fours. Marcus drew his firearm, a monstrous double-barrelled thing, and unleashed it into the night. The creature kept coming, and Claire realized she'd been backing away. An orange flickering glow came from behind her - lightning had struck one of the houses. When she looked back, the creature was towering over Marcus, who gave a strangled sort of cry and fell motionless to the ground.

The last thing from that night Claire remembers is cowering on the ground, screaming, begging, as the creature slowly paced towards her.

No please, no! Please! I'll do anything, please! Don't!

The next morning she woke lying on her back in the field, her wet clothes caked with mud and bits of dead plants. The clouds had parted and the sun was shining; the fires had burned down, smouldering and smoking away in the breeze. Marcus' body was nowhere to be found. Claire stumbled shivering into her family's small wooden farmhouse. The bodies of her relatives lay in various contorted poses, all of them dead except Dallen. Over the next few days Claire was able to nurse him back to health. Too weak to dig graves, she piled the bodies into a funeral pyre and knelt in the damp earth weeping until the last embers had faded out.

Life afterwards was different. She and Dallen had been changed by the experience. They were nearly inseparable from thence onward and they progressed from ambushing trade caravans to ransom, extortion, and high-stakes robbery. Escalating levels of wanton violence soon became the twins' calling card. Bounties were placed on their heads, and lawmen and -women began tracking their every move. Rival gangs and criminals hounded them. Claire and her brother became nomads, and never staying anywhere for more than a few nights. Rumour reached Dallen's ears that the noble who'd destroyed Blackwater Village knew that they'd survived. It was time to leave behind all that they knew. One of Claire's underworld contacts heard of an opportunity on the frontier border with Scarla Noa. It was said that the employer wanted a crew with a specific set of skills, folks who could handle themselves.

They had nothing to lose but their lives.

Posting Availability: 2-3 times weekly

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	claire.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	80258  

Last edited by Astra; 05-20-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3854
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
Sounds good to me! Which subclass were you leaning towards? Out of curiosity?!
Weaponsmith.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14671
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
right-aligned image

Name: Aveli
Race: Fallen Aasimar
Class /Subclass: Rogue (1) (Planning Assassin) / Paladin (Oath Breaker) (4) / Planning a 1 level fighter dip)
Alignment: LE
Appearance: Above average height with a slight build make Aveli appear weaker than she really is. Aveli prefers to wear light armor, but is often seen wearing a variety of armors depending on the situation. Her armor and clothes reflect a Gothic sense of style and usually unadorned without much decoration. At her side Aveli carries a scimitar and rapier, namedruin and agony respectively. When needed Aveli carries a small shield on her back if a more defensive style of fighting is required.

When pressed or enraged skeletal bone wings sprout from Avelis shoulders and encircle her body. During these moments when she unleashes her power, Avelis normally passive face changes to an enraged mask that would be more fitting on a wild animal.

Personality-
Oaths are a trap we wet for ourselves. People swear oaths all the time, in the heat of the moment or after years of thought. Oaths are made with commitment and the sincerity to keep them. Time destroys oaths, situations changes and those we swore oaths to are no longer worthy of our oath. So it was time and time again, after broken promises and feeble excuses of unintended consequences, everyone eventually breaks their word.

Nothing worth doing is worth doing for free. Violence and killing are a way of life in the Wildlands if such an existence can even be called life. There is little honor and glory is a fleeting thing that can be celebrated for time but is forgotten the next day. The only constant in the Wildlands is gold, no matter what someone thinks of you or how you wronged them, they will never think badly about your money. There is no point to killing if there is no profit to be made.

Background-Soldier

History: Aveli was trained as a caravan guard, on of the few ways to make an honest living in the Wildlands. Born with a strong sense of justice, the job as a caravan guard appealed to Aveli from an early age. The guards escorted goods and people from town to town and were paid go on amazing adventures. When one or two were in town Aveli would sneak into the local tavern to hear the tales they would tell. You had to be fast because the guards would be gone by the next morning, working their next contract. It was no surprise to anyone when she joined the ranks of a Escort Guild known as the Desert Hawks. The martial skill she acquired with the Desert Hawks was well paired with her desire to protect people. After a few years of training she was made a full member of the guild and began working missions.My word is my bond. Aveli intoned in front of an altar of Helm, the deities staring eye in an iron gauntlet stared back at her. "I will protect the lives of those I travel with. I will use my sword to dispatch their enemies. My shield to protect them. This I swear in the eyes of Helm and my brothers in arms." From the time Aveli swore that oath she could feel Helms presence guiding her actions, helping her find her way in the Wild Lands.

Primarily she was based out of a town called Well Spring, escorting merchants to or from the town to a neighboring town. Some contracts even required complex circuits of the surrounding area for merchants to buy and sell merchandise in one town only to move onto a new location where the purchased goods would sell for a profit. Working as a guard was difficult and time consuming, rewarding and challenging. Some days she fought back bandit gangs or held onto the back of a speeding wagon while a monstrous horror chased them through the dunes. Other days there was no enemy but the blistering sun and boredom. This job allowed Alevi to become the hero she had always envisioned herself to be and enjoyed the small amount of celebrity she enjoyed at Well Spring.

During her stays in Well Spring Alevi made time to speak with the local children. Aveli recounted her adventures to the children of the Well Spring so that they would get to know the world outside the towns borders. There were wonders to see in all corners of the world, from endless sand deserts to mountains made of red dust and canyons with crags so deep that no one had ever been to the bottom of them. If a few of these children decided to become caravan guards in their future she would be glad to take them under her wing.

Avelis protective spirit was interwoven into the core of her being, it was an integral part of what made her get up every day and face new challenges. When a group of older youths were bullying and harassing the children that she regularly spoke to Aveli reacted harshly. Finding a pair of teenagers holding twelve year old Daven to the wall while a third punched him drove Aveli into a rage. She used the flat of her sword and beat the thugs until all three were lying face down in the mud. When the snot nosed delinquents tried to run she beat them again until any sign of of aggression and defiance was wiped from their eyes. These children are under my protection. Aveli intoned, while drawing a knife across her hand. She sheathed the knife and held her fist out towards the trio, blood dripping from between her fingers. Anyone who means them harm will have to answer to me. Do I make myself clear? The bullies retreated from the alley way wit their assurance that they would mend their ways and leave the children of the town alone.

Avelis last mission as a caravan guard departed before dawn. She met a cloth covered wagon at the edge of town and they left before the sun came up. Four or five hours latter the signs of pursuit were obvious, a dust cloud was moving behind them and the cause of the dust cloud was moving quickly down the same road. Expecting bandits Aveli urged the wagon team for more speed but a wagon can't outrun a group of horses. The group of bandits was larger than she had anticipated but poorly armed. What they lacked in skill they made up for in numbers and enthusiasm. The wagon was quickly surrounded and the bandits demanded the contents of the wagon, this was when Aveli noticed several of the bandits were the emblem of Well Spring.

Captain Akeriat rode approached and demanded that the cover of the wagon be removed. The threat of half a dozen crossbows pointed at the wagon crew made them comply quickly and diligently. The cover was pulled back to reveal the forms of several drugged children from Well Spring. Aveli saw Daven unconscious in the wagon bed, drool pooling beneath his jaw. Her employer stammered that it was just business, laborers need for the mines in Oseweld. Aveli didn't remember drawing her sword but when she brought it down on the child slaver her mind erupted in agony. Days latter she woke up in Well Wpring weakened and confused as to how she got there. The part that could hear the words of Helm was dead, replaced by an empty vacant void. An impersonal letter was the only communication that Aveli had received from Desert Hawk. She was no longer welcome in the areas that they patrolled and worked. This was her only warning to leave Well Spring before the guild took more direct action against her.

From that day on she wandered away from Well Spring, not caring where she went or what she did. After a few decades Aveli decided to return to Well Spring, she broke her oath to Helm but protected the children. What was a broken oath worth, what kind of future did they build for themselves with the future that Aveli sacrificed for them. Her return to Well Spring was not a pleasant one. Daven she found in the Alley she saved him in so many years ago. He was a drunk, barely recognizable except the townsfolk swore he was Daven who lived her for years. Aveli saw the middle aged man lying in the puddle, squandering the potential she had given him and stabbed the drunk then and there. From that point on she searched out and found all ten of the children that she saved. They had become a collection of con artists, wife beaters, drunks and lechers. Of the ten she found only two who managed to become decent people were spared. As Aveli dispatched those she had sworn to protect her blond hair changed to lifeless grey and her vibrant skin lost its luster.

Word of Avelis hunt spread and soon bounty hunters and law men were looking for her. Word of Avelis hunt spread and soon those that needed enemies eliminated were looking for her. From that day on Aveli never killed for free. The Desert Hawks were largely gone, a remnant of the past caravans had been replaced by trains that didn't stop for any reason. The future of the Wild Lands looked as bleak as Avelis future. At least she could afford to buy the finer things in life until something eventually killed her.

RP Sample
: This will be done with an existing member of the first group in Waevera that is currently running as part of your background/history. It will be considered recent history for the both of you in the story. I will let you know when the time comes, for the RP sample to start.

Posting Rate: 2 to 3 times a week

Last edited by Craigthulu; 05-22-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:12 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 795
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Added a picture, I think my app is done for now.