RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 08:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
I'll be on shortly and to review posts and update the chart.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:45 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8545
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
I always seem to miss this stuff. Intrigued about the korrigan race. Posting interest and I’ll see about an app soon!

Last edited by MontageManiac; 05-20-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
@everyone- For those that are in the middle of their RP samples still, I've marked you complete on the chart in the Ad, even though the sample may not be wrapped up. There's no rush to finish, but If your Complete is green, then you've provided enough for me and the rest is purely part of your story. For everyone else, No worries, Im still working on everyone's Samples. There's quite a few that should be ready today and I will PM you with the link when they're ready.

@MontageManiac-

Last edited by MeredithS; 05-20-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:13 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4270
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Dallen Blackwater
Race/Age: Male Human (variant), age 24
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic) - who needs multiclassing
Alignment: Chaotic Evil, but tempered by his twin sister

Appearance: Thick. Dallen has the meaty shoulders of someone who has spent years throwing fists and hauling ill-gotten goods. In recent years, he has leaned out, his body never fully recovering from the plague that struck Blackwater low. His skin is dusty and his hair is dark, cropped to a length with his beard. A half dozen piercings, from gauges to dangling bobbles, ornament his ears. He has a stubborn nose, wild green eyes, and a mouth that smirks more than it smiles. His laugh booms, but there is no joy there - more like he's entertained by the futility of it all.

Personality: In his youth, Dallen was appreciated for his physical gifts. Back when the Blackwater family were simple farmers, he could haul grain from dusk till dawn and thus developed a respect for hard work and accomplishment. As the family shifted towards lawlessness and malfeasance, his fondness for a job well done remained. The difference was in the job. Dallen fell in love with the thrill of it, the rush of power when they took from someone weaker or stupider. The money was just icing on the cake.

As the sole male heir to the Blackwater Clan, Dallen feels responsible for his sister's safety and for the twins' new direction. Unfortunately, while he does possess a certain wasteland charisma, he's too erratic to be a true leader. Just like before the disaster, he is the brawn and his sister is the brains. Deep down, Dallen knows it. He cares far too much for his sister to be truly bitter, but that doesn't stop it from grating on him.

Background: Criminal. The family turned to banditry and highway robbery, at first just stealing enough to survive but eventually becoming dependent on the income to fund an increasingly-lavish lifestyle. As a result, the family branched out into other unsavory activities such as blackmail, forgery, and ransom. Dallen used his broad shoulders and imposing stature to intimidate or otherwise force compliance.

History: The village of Blackwater was a small farming hamlet of thirty-five or so people, nestled near a bend in the Blackwater Creek, from which the village took its name. Years ago, a dirt poor farmer decided he'd had enough and formed the Blackwater family, a band of outlaws comprised mostly of the man's relatives and descendants. His wife was the mastermind behind the early outburst of successful robberies. This was Dallen's mother.

Over time, the Family moved from simply stealing food or gold to survive and began tackling longer, more heavily guarded convoys. One particular convoy belonged to some fancy noble. Dallen had lifted his crossbow to skewer the driver as he fled into the Wildlands, only to be stopped by his father. Their lives would have been so much simpler if only he'd taken the shot.

It started innocuously enough - with an unusual but not unheard of late summer frost. The men of Blackwater rushed to bring in as much fo the crop as they could before the freeze. That was before the locusts came and tore through what was left of their food. At the same time, a mysterious illness struck. Dallen was one of the first to go down.

Those left standing called in local healers, but it was beyond their limited expertise. Some whispered that it was simpler this way, that the sick were spared from the harshness of their sudden, dark reality. They were gravely mistaken. The hacking cough and burning fever were the least of the symptoms. Dallen had fallen into a waking nightmare. The men and women he had killed watched him from the shadows of his home. Devils crept into his body and did unspeakable things.

Once in the weeks he was sick, he had woken clear-headed enough to recognize his sister Claire standing over him and daubing at his forehead with a wet cloth. He held the image close, burning it into his mind and letting it pull him through the depths of the plague. Then one day, he began to improve. He didn't know how or why or how long he had been sick, only that he was going to live. The world he woke to was a different one than he had known before. Mother. Father. Marcus. Everyone was dead. Everyone except his sister. His bony hand grasped hers and together they lit the pyre that sent their old life up in flames.

Something besides the tightening of the bond between the siblings did come out of the catastrophe. In the weeks where he was awake but too frail to work or steal, his powers began to manifest. Aftereffects of the eldritch plague. He would wake from a nap and the room would crackle with energy. The windows would frost over. The pile of kindling would be lit even though Claire was nowhere to be seen. In those first weeks, he would lie in bed trying to control it. Soon, he realized he didn't need a crossbow anymore. Whatever this was, it was better.

Drunk on power and fleeing from the tragedy at Blackwater, Dallen began stealing again. Small jobs at first, things he and his sister could pull off alone. She had changed too. The two of them together were fast becoming a force to be reckoned with. They progressed from ambushing trade caravans to ransom, extortion, and high-stakes robbery. Their family had been a brisk wind, leaving empty coffers and the occasional dead body in their wake. The Blackwater Twins were a storm.

Escalating levels of wanton violence became their calling card. Bounties were placed on their heads and lawmen and women tracked their every move. Rival gangs hounded them. They became nomads, never staying anywhere for more than a few nights. Rumour reached Dallen's ears that the noble who had destroyed Blackwater Village knew that they'd survived. It was time to leave behind all that they knew. One of Claire's underworld contacts heard of an opportunity on the frontier border with Scarla Noa. It was said that the employer wanted a crew with a specific set of skills, folks who could handle themselves.

They had nothing to lose but their lives.

Posting Availability: 3 times per week

Last edited by Nasrith; 05-22-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:16 PM
+1d6

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6139
sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard sneakybastard
Hmmm... I think I'm done.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 05-20-2019, 06:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
APPLICATION DEADLINE ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be closing Applications June 3rd and Selections announced on June 7th. If your character is still in their RP sample by the 6th, I will wrap the scenario up and consider it completed.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14721
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Finished my application, except for the role play section.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8545
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Old 05-20-2019, 09:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 05-20-2019, 09:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Craigthulu- Awesome, I'll be in contact with you via PM later this week to set up your RP Sample. =)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1590
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
I consider my application complete save for the sample. Nasrith should be good to go this week.

Last edited by Astra; 05-21-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Astra- alright. Great. With your RP Samples being entwined, I will need a few more days to work your dual scenario and who best to pair you guys with. I'll be in touch though so we can discuss the situation or scenario rather that I am leaning towards.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Old 05-21-2019, 12:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics