RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 05:58 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Escape from Kessel: Wookiee Revolt

Game NameEscape from Kessel: Wookiee Revolt
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSurvival, underdark-ish, Escape
FlavourStar Wars, Escape the bonds of slavery
Plot Summary
left-aligned image

At the onset of the First Galactic Empire one of the first atrocities never attempted before was the enslavement of the Wookiee peoples of Kashyyyk. What Wookiees weren't kept on planet to harvest the wroshyr trees were sent elsewhere, and one of the harshest places was the spice mines of Kessel. Located within the Akkadese Maelstrom was Kessel, home to burgeoning Spice mines, Coaxium production and Kesselstone shipping. While the Southern hemisphere was made up of Lush jungle sanctuaries where the Royal families lived, many Wookiee slaves found themselves deep in the Spice mines of the Northern Hemisphere.

You are one such Wookiee, forced to labor away your life in the dark and toxic environment. Fortunately for you and a few others, you plan to get out of here and while it won't be easy, it's not impossible. With the help of one of the Twi'lek slaves that acts as a cleaner that travels between the slave pens, control rooms and mining tunnels, your escape plan begins with a key that unlocks your shackles and then you have to make it to the surface alive. Of all the species that are down here, Wookiees know better than any that death trying to escape is far better than a life confined to these retched tunnels.

Details:-System: 5e Star Wars PHB and Expanded backgrounds
-Equipment: The harnesses/bandoliers/satchels around your bodies.
-Level: Any level between 1-5, literally.
-Starting Stats: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
-Players: 4-5 Wookiees
-Allowed species: Wookiee
-Length: This will start as a one-shot that will end with your Wookiees escaping the planet but if players stick around until the end and have plans for the future that involve the whole party then it might go longer.

Applications:
Name: birth name, nickname, whatever.
Clan: If applicable
Background:
Personality traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:
Appearance: I would like a small-ish picture or a version of a small portrait for your character plus a summed up appearance.
Personality:
Backstory: How you ended up on Kessel
RP sample:

Player Character Race Class Background Status
Ostara Bane Drayycheuwleuk Wookiee Scout 3 WIP
Simandl Grrawaawrarinawr Wookiee Scholar 3 Scientist WIP
Weevl Krrinnaercuwl Wookiee Operative 5 City Watch Complete
Hiruma Kohaku Grrek Wookiee Berserker 5 Hermit Complete

Last edited by Arthilian01; 06-08-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Shameless bump.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Ostara Bane Ostara Bane
Interested! Will work on a character sheet shortly!
Old 05-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ostara Bane Ostara Bane
Applications:
Name: Drayycheuwleuk, prefers to be called "Dray"
Clan: Gkrur
Class: Scout, 3 (Stalker)
Background:
Personality traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: Born on Kashyyyk as the third daughter to a Merchant family in the Gkur clan, Dray grew up within the clan most famous for their architecture and ability to blend their homes and other accommodations into the natural flow of the forests. She was always adept at measurements, but her true calling fell in line when she met her first pet. A sleen that had been injured as a juvenile, and caught in one of her clan's hunting traps, Dray found the poor creature and freed it, hiding it from her family as she nursed it back to health. The creature, whom she eventually named Storm, became attached to Dray and would often be found following the young wookiee during her daily chores. As time passed, the two shared a bond that had the young female wandering more and more with her companion into the deeper forests, and finding her and the creature shared many likes and dislikes when it came to adventuring. The two eventually wandered the forests enough to learn every inch of it inside and out, and would often be asked to accompany hunting trips, or supply runs to other villages. Over the years Dray tamed and befriended many different forest creatures, and was known as the clan's scout, or guide of the forest. When she was in her early adult years men from other planets started to visit her village more and more, sometimes they were friendly and would trade with her clan, but other times they were demanding and would take from the wookiees, even resulting in violence, and occasionally death. One of these more violent visits started a large brawl between the off worlders and her clansmen, ending in deaths on both sides. The resulting aftermath was more of these strange men coming in and gathering up many of the young and middle aged wookiees and taking them off their home world to Kessel. The confused, and mostly beaten, wookiees submitted to the cruel men, and became slaves in their mines. Dray, unfortunately, was one of the captured of her kin, and was put to work with little resistance on her part. She knew she couldn't stand up against the men alone, but she also knew if she could just sprout some hope in the other wookiees in the mines, they might at least stand a chance.
RP sample:

Last edited by Ostara Bane; 05-29-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I got one player that wants to be a Wookiee?
Old 05-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 493
Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl
Upon reflection, and truly digging deep... I, too, am now willing to admit that I have always wanted to be a Wookiee. I will flesh out and finish my application over this weekend. I’ve never looked at any of the SW 5E stuff, and am new to 5E, so I do have a bit to work out. But a party of Wookiee’s trying to escape this iconic setting? Too good to pass up!

Application - WORK IN PROGRESS
right-aligned image
Name: Grrawaawrarinawr (or “Grraw” for short)
Clan: Nysshyyyk
Class: Scholar: Physician Pursuit
Background: Scientist
Personality traits:
I look up to a renowned scientist in my field, and often talk about their work.
If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
I’m willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.

Ideals:
Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Light).
Transparency. All discoveries should be open to everyone. (Light)

Bonds:
I owe my instructor a great debt for forging me into the person I am today

Flaws:
I work on my research (or with my patients) to the point where I ignore my own bodily needs
Appearance: The wookie before you is on the small side for a male of the species, built rather thin and gangly and not much over six-foot in height. His coat is primarily light honey-gold in color, but darkens gradually starting at his biceps and thighs such that black fur covers his extremities. His amber eyes regard you with curiosity and compassion. Standing with a perfect posture, he does not fidget or waste motion. He walks and runs with steps that appear shorter than optimal, giving the appearance of rather stiff movement.

Personality:
Compassionate and empathetic, Grrawaawrarinawr is a nurturer, which was the driving force in him studying medicine. His strong sense of curiosity, and his focused and disciplined nature, served him well during his time at academy. He tends to put the good of the group, or his patients, before his own welfare. While for the most part a very serious Wookie (as serving and saving sentients is a serious pursuit) he does occasionally lighten up to relax and (even more occasionally) crack a nerdy joke. At least he used to, prior to being enslaved.

Backstory:
It was clear early on to the elders of the Nysshyyyk clan that that Grrawaawrarinawr (“Grraw,” for short) was not the typical pup. While most of the youth enjoyed, and excelled, in athletic endeavors and the mock-battles and warrior training Grraw was content spending the hours after his studies volunteering at the center for the grey-pelts, finding satisfaction in aiding with their care and hearing their tales of yesteryear. He excelled in the sciences of living things, but did not show much interest in the technological tinkering for which his clan was renown. He earned his merit beads for his Little Wookies Treetop Achievers club for the treatise he wrote regarding how to find peace with their Trandoshan system neighbors with whom they had such an antagonistic relation, even learning the basics of the Trando language as part of his project (unfortunately he ultimately lost the years-best-project award to a classic bicarbonate/organic acid volcano diorama).

As he got older Grraw knew he wanted to study medicine, but also knew he wanted to use this pursuit to truly make the galaxy a better place. He stumbled across the work of the brilliant and benevolent Dr. Aamaw Voorwoom-Oour, an Ithorian physician specializing in the study of inter-species biosimilarities and the development of versatile, polyspecial, cost-effective medpacs for use in developing and war-torn worlds. He decided this specialty was what he wanted to pursue, and spent his years of secondary school studying toward this end. He applied to the prestigious Ithorian Academy of Life Sciences, Medicine, and Agriculture and was accepted to study wit Dr. Voorwoom-Oour. His parents and clan-folk were sad that he would be leaving Kashyyyk to study, but pleased that he had found what would fulfill his passion of bringing good to the galaxy.

He thrived at the Academy, and had an excellent working relationship with Dr. Voorwoom-Oour. Together they made much progress in their investigations of the biological similarities of various classes of sentient species, capitalizing on their discoveries to develop several unique medical treatment regimes and medpacs that were highly progressive in the number of species classes for which a single protocol/device showed efficacy. Multidisciplinary cooperation with the Agriculture Dept. and Med Tec & Packaging Dept. resulted in their advanced treatment protocols being scaled to high-capacity production, and many lives were saved as a result of their discoveries.

At the conclusion of his studies and research at the Ithorian Academy, Grraw took advantage of Dr. Voorwoom-Oour’s connections with the humanitarian (sentientarian?) group Sentients Relief Federation (SRF) to land a fellowship with the organization. He was then off to the Outer Rim to practice emergency medicine under the SRF’s banner, aiding on poor and developing worlds which seemed to be increasingly subject to violence, abuse, and disaster. The political climate eventually bottomed-out with the collapse of the Galactic Senate and rise of the Empire. The SRF was ultimately absorbed into the Rebel Alliance.

Several years into his station serving the SRF at the Outer Rim, Grraw received word of the Galactic Empire’s subjugation of Kashyyyk. He hurried back to his homeworld as quickly as he could, a task that had become quite difficult with the new stranglehold on intragalactic travel. He managed to smuggle himself back onto Kashyyyk and was attempting travel to his clan’s lands, but was only planetside for a few days when he was intercepted by Imperial forces and imprisoned. He never got to see his family. After a few days in a holding cell he found himself on a transport to serve as labor on the planet of Kessel.

Time in the mines has been hard on Grraw, as it is for all the Wookie captives. In addition to his labors, he has taken on the roles of caretaker and advisor of his people in all things relating to health, hygiene, and nutrition. It has proven to be a humbling and oft-disheartening task, given the abhorrent quality of their working and living conditions, and scarcity of food and medicine.

Grraw is unsure how long he has been in servitude in the mines. A year? Maybe two? In the mines there is no day or night, no sense of time. He initially tried to keep track by utilizing information from fresh arrivals and counting the ovulation cycles of the female captives, but the newer arrivals were coming in with poorer and poorer mental states and the lack of proper rest and nutrition had shut down the captive’s reproductive systems.

Now a few captives have approached him with a way out…a plan of escape. Grraw had initially firmly rejected the idea, feeling his role as caretaker too important, that his absence (by either escape or capture and execution) would hit his people too hard. After relentlessly pushing the idea, his colleagues have now convinced Grraw to get on board with the plan. They have convinced him that the greater good does not lie in tending those that are trapped here, but in doing what it takes to escape. To escape and get the message out about what is happening here. Top get the message out, to bring back help, and to shut the whole thing down.

RP sample:
”Distilling is beautiful. First of all, because it is a slow, philosophic, and silent occupation, which keeps you busy but gives you time to think of other things, somewhat like riding a bike.” -Primo Levi, The Periodic Table

Last edited by Simandl; 05-20-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:05 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am anxious to see completed applications for both Ostara and Simandi!
Welcome to the fray!
Old 05-19-2019, 02:01 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51
Weevl
Name: Krrinnaercuwl or "Krinn"
Clan: N/A
Class: Operative 5 (Saboteur)
Background: City Watch
Personality traits:
-I've lost too many friends to the slave trade and I'm now slow to trust newcomers--especially those who aren't Wookies.
-I'm haunted by my memories of our people's enslavement; I can't get the images out of my mind.-
Ideals: My people are all that matter now.
Bonds: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaws:My hatred of my enemies is often blind and unreasoning.

Appearance:
Krinn stands at 7'2" and weighs 348 lbs. He has mostly dark-brown to black fur with slightly lighter and grayer patches by his eyes, and a few gray highlights scattered throughout his fur. His golden eyes sparkle with a contained rage, and a slight pattern of scarring can be seen across his nose and into the fur surrounding the left side of his face.

Personality:
In captivity, and as a former watchman on Kashyyyk, Krinn has always looked out for his people as best he can while also upholding tribal law and maintaining codes of honor. He has a distinct hatred for any involved in the slave trade and isn't afraid to openly oppose them, especially if they're Wookies (whom he sees as having turned on their own people). He tries to be compassionate and reassuring to his comrades while always looking for an opportunity to exploit a weakness of their enemies. Although his hatred of slavers is blinding, he only lets this rage out once he's sprung a trap he's set--unless it gets thwarted--then all bets may be off if he doesn't see a backup plan.

Backstory: Krinn was serving as a watchman when the slaving began. Although enslavement was quiet at first (at best a few whispers), eventually Krinn and some other members of the watch pieced together what was happening and receded into the forest to muster their strength, survey the slavers, and make opportunistic strikes against them when able. Krinn took on the role of a saboteur, turning anything he saw as useful for the slavers into rubble, namely their equipment and walkways. Eventually, the slavers grew tired of Krinn's squad and prepared a counter-ambush that successfully captured or killed all the members. The survivors were split amongst different work camps, and Krinn was sent to Kessel since his work held a special place in the slavers' hearts.

RP sample: (I haven't used this forum before, so I'm not entirely certain how you'd like this formatted. For now, plain-text is descriptive, quotations are spoken, and italics are DM interaction to progress more than one line of actions occurring. Thanks!!)

I slowly make my way towards the slavers' supply cache while scanning my surroundings, carefully crouching behind any cover I can find between the trees and my target, and darting across exposed areas. Once there, I begin to place charges around the base of the cache.

Roll perception. You detect movement in the trees but are unable to determine exactly what it was.

As I notice movement in the trees, I signal to the rest of the squad for them to retreat. It's likely the slavers returning early, so I halve the timers on the detonators and make a break for the tree-line while trying to remain out of sight.

As you approach the trees, you see the other members of your squad either shot or submitting to capture before a large group of well-armed slavers

I let out a roar of surprise and turn to look for a different exit.

Too late. The noise you made draws attention from any of the slavers who didn't already spot your approach and a shot rings out (roll a save, failed save). You are caught in a net. A slaver approaches you and renders you unconscious with a stroke from the butt of his rifle aimed at the back of your skull. When you wake up, you are bound and in the back of a transport with the other surviving members of your squad.

I shake my head, blink a few times to get my bearings, and test the strength of my binds. "How is everyone? Where are we? Where's everybody else?"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 18.22.54.png
Views:	4
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	80262  

Last edited by Weevl; 05-19-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: touch-up on format and a couple of word-choice errors
Old 05-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Very nice application, Weevl, Welcome to the site!
Old 05-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm sorry guys, I forgot to add that I would like a small picture or portrait of your character to accompany your application. it will be used for each posts once we get in game.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 493
Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl
What year is it in-game? I can get a little anal on the details of my backgrounds...

Very excited about the concept of this game. I hope some more Wookiees start pouring in with apps!
”Distilling is beautiful. First of all, because it is a slow, philosophic, and silent occupation, which keeps you busy but gives you time to think of other things, somewhat like riding a bike.” -Primo Levi, The Periodic Table
Old 05-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I hadn't really thought about it but shortly after the Clone wars ended when the Empire and Darth Vader really became the figureheads. When they really starting enslaving planets and setting up blockades around planets like Kashyyyk.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:41 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ostara Bane Ostara Bane
Added some back story, I will work on definitely finishing the rest this weekend!!
Old 05-27-2019, 12:30 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Posting my interest in being a fellow wookie. I was thinking of doing a Barbarian (Marauder) with the Hermit Background. Reason he went into isolation was because of his rage sometimes getting out of control and constantly getting into fights with others over the slightest insult. He needed a place to be able to cool off and let out his frustration on trees instead of his people. While being out in nature in meditation for so long, he learned better control of his rage and how to better focus it. An unexpected discovery from that was awakening his latent abilities to control the force. Both controlling and releasing his emotions created effects on his surroundings. Over time, he was able to accomplish acts of the force without losing himself in his rage. He is very secretive about his abilities and only uses them when the situation calls for it with a little amount of witnesses as possible.

Big question: Are force type characters even allowed due to the timeline this is set in? My character more of awakened the force within him instead of studying under a Jedi.

Possible rp connections with other characters:
Dray: Has run into my character’s camp while scouting out the forests. Interactions were usually brief with trading or assistance on a hunt before they went their separate ways.
Grraw: During their enslavement at the mines, my character would occasionally assist the good doctor with herbal poultices from underground vegetation. One one occasion during a cave in, Grraw came running to patch up a wookie that suffered serious injury. He found my character sitting next to the injured and unconscious wookie with his hand over the wound. Grraw could see the sweat pouring off of him in intense concentration. The injuries on the wookie closed up and a hand that had been crushed flat reformed with the bones fused together as if nothing had ever happened. My character looked over at Grraw with a finger over his lips to signal to keep what happened quiet as he walked away.
Krinn: Krinn saw one of the other wookies getting whipped and beaten by the guards when they had fallen over from exhaustion. He rushed in to fight off the guards or at least focus their attention on him. My character comes up from behind to join the fray too with wild abandon. Needless to say, they were both subdued and thrown into a cell together for X amount of time to cool off. It would be possible that got to know each other more during their confinement.

Thoughts, comments, questions?

Will post a full write up in a day or two.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am okay with this. Welcome to the fray.