RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 475
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Name: Grrek
Clan: Myyydril
Class (subclass) Barbarian (Marauder)
Background: Hermit (Herbalist)

Personality Traits: I’ve been isolated for so long that I rarely speak, preferring gestures and the occasional grunt.
Ideal: If you know yourself, there’s nothing left to know.
Bond: I’m still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

Appearance: Grrek is a physically massive wookie with large muscles that are apparent even under his fur. He stands 7’10” and weighs 335lbs. His coat light brown with his “mustache” having streaks of yellow. His yellow eyes always look menacing as if he is constantly angry at something, but there is a softness that can be seen at times when he has a moment to meditate. He seems to have two speeds: stop and go. When he is calm and collected, his moments are slow and gentle. When he is agitated, his actions are usually meant to get something done quickly or he paces back and forth as if his body refuses to let him rest when locked up in his cell.

Personality: Grrek is a combination of two distinctly different moods depending when you catch him and what’s going on. His calm side is very introspective and thoughtful. He is prone to kindness and offering of assistance where it’s needed most. His speech is subdued and uses more of gestures and grunts to communicate his ideas. He is observant of others and is careful to not break anything despite his size. His angry side is a different story. He is usually gruff and short with people often using excessive force to get something done quickly over correctly. His attitude is more apathetic and runs on instinct. Basic emotions tend to take control more than logical thought. He is more easily agitated and prone to violence. Thankfully, while he is in his rage it does seem to be more focused on a specific goal or objective instead of wanton destruction.

Backstory: Grrek originally was part of the Myyydril clan and lived with his family inside the Myyydril Caves. He learned to use Herbalism to try and treat the various viruses and parasites that would feed on the members of his clan. He himself was victim to one of the parasites and was never the same again even after the parasite was removed. His demeanor changed and his temper would sometimes get out of control. His elders suspected that he had some kind of reaction to the parasite that had altered his mental state. The reason he went into isolation was because of his rage sometimes getting out of control and constantly getting into fights with others over the slightest insult. He needed a place to be able to cool off and let out his frustration on trees instead of his people. While being out in nature in meditation for so long, he learned better control of his rage and how to better focus it. An unexpected discovery from that was awakening his latent abilities to control the force. Both controlling and releasing his emotions created effects on his surroundings. Over time, he was able to accomplish acts of the force without losing himself in his rage. He is very secretive about his abilities and only uses them when the situation calls for it with a little amount of witnesses as possible. When the Storm Troopers came to the Wookie home planet, it wasn’t long before they ran across Grrek’s camp and attempted to subdue him. His rage that he had tried to keep in check was awakened in full force as it took the entire squad to finally beat him into submission. The Imperials recognized his strength and that he was a danger which got him sent off to the spice mines. It reminded him of when he used to live with his clan in the caves which allowed him to interact with the others of his kind in a more ready fashion.

RP Sample:
Grrek was working alongside another wookie while trying to excavate deeper into the spice mines. Things seemed to be going well when a part of the wall they were working on shifted and collapsed. He had jumped out of the way in time, but the other guy was crushed underneath the debris. Grrek immediately jumped to his feet and started tossing rocks and small boulders off of him to the side. Once all the debris had been cleared, he checked to see if he was still alive.

The breathing was faint but there. There was no time to try and find a doctor and moving him to puke probably cause more injury. He knelt down and placed both hands over the wookie’s rib cage and legs. His mind calmed and he let the force flow through him. He started with his energy to repair the cracked ribs and punctured lungs. Then his own physical reserves were depleted to set and heal the legs. Beads of sweat formed over his whole body from the exertion and at the end he looked like he had just walked out of the shower.

He was at the end of his treatment when another much lighter coated wookie rounded the corner with a medkit. He couldn’t stop the process now, so he took a few more seconds to seal the gashes on the legs before sitting back and catching his breath. The medic came over and looked the patient over with a shocked look on his face then looked over at Grrek. The Marauder simply held one finger over his lips as a sign to keep this quiet and walked off.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...gQMygKegQIARBt
Old 05-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Make sure to let me know when you feel your application is finished and if you want a review or not.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:10 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My application is finished minus a character sheet because I didn’t know if you wanted to see one yet or not. I am ready for it to be reviewed.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
You don't need a character sheet, I'm going to offer a stat block format that is simple and easy to navigate.
I'll get a review up soon for Grrek.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:42 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1244
Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl
I need to get off my butt and write up a RP sample to finish my app.

Funny could have a Grraw and a Grrek in the same group. Rrrrrawwwweaggh!
”Distilling is beautiful. First of all, because it is a slow, philosophic, and silent occupation, which keeps you busy but gives you time to think of other things, somewhat like riding a bike.” -Primo Levi, The Periodic Table
Old 05-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old 05-30-2019, 12:09 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Reading through the extended backgrounds PDF. How would you feel about a Clone Trooper background? The idea that came to mind when I thought about the Era of the game, and the combination of species and background is that Kamino scientists originally tried to clone a wookie army (or at least tried a small test group), but wookies proved to be too rowdy for their requirements. The character would have been slated to be discarded, but somehow made it back to Kashyyyk (saved by a Kaminoan, or similar) only to end up being enslaved by the Empire. The RP hook would be that the character only has a tangential knowledge of wookie culture and doesn't fully understand their concepts of honor or life-debts.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:30 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Superstrength79: The party itself is going to come together because they are wookiees and understand the culture and bond between one another. There's alot of material to work with here with the backgrounds and classes so I don't think we need to go that crazy. Sorry.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51
Weevl
Can do! Places seem to go back and forth on that, but I don't have a personal preference. (Didn't realize there was a 2nd page to this at first )
Old 06-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Arthilian. Is there space for one more?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Of course, Fwalin, Post up an app, I would love to have a couple to choose from.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Everyone still here?
Old 06-08-2019, 01:27 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just waiting on applications to get completed, I don't want to cut people short.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
I cannot access the links on the first post so am unable to make an application. Don't wait on me and sorry for not letting you know.