RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 10:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Yothmit Yothmit
Wait, so the feat variant would also have the bonuses from the culture? I thought it was a full replacement - that's pretty powerful even without any +1s. Anyway:

Application WIPName: Susan Copper
Race: Human: Khinasi
Class: Rogue
Archetype: Inquisitive
Bloodline: Brenna
Background: Spy

Deity: Nesirie

Domain/Holding Allegiance: Aerenwe - Susan is a high-ranking spy in service to the Alweirs.

History: WIP

Regency Choice: WIP

Last edited by Yothmit; 05-22-2019 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 830
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
Quote:
Wait, so the feat variant would also have the bonuses from the culture? I thought it was a full replacement - that's pretty powerful even without any +1s.
Indeed, so I think it's best to say that taking the feat variant replaces all stat bonuses and the cultural bonuses. I will update the character information on the original post.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 05-23-2019, 04:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Name: Dori Oroghammer
right-aligned image

Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian
Archetype: Berserker
Bloodline: Unblooded

Background: Outlander
Traits: When I pass into the Halls of Moradin, I will not be remembered for my money, but for my deeds.
Ideals: Rules are essential to a smooth functioning of society and the butter won’t churn itself, so it is my place to take action within the rules .
Bonds: I will do whatever is needed to protect my community – all those who are weak and helpless.
Flaws: I will stop at nothing to achieve my goals, regardless of who I tread on.

Deity: Moradin

Domain/Holding Allegiance: Owes allegiance to Royal Guild of Baruk-Asrik

History: Dori was born to the Commander of the Kings Guard and the Court Bard, in Glitterhold, a stronghold in Markazor. He is the youngest of 7 brothers, with two sisters, one of whom is his twin. Twins are very rare amongst the Folk so he is considered a blessing. At the age of 7 he began the normal training of all Karamhul boys – trying out at all the crafts and learning the use of the axe in war. He proved to be a gifted smith and warrior, and learned to sing from his mother from whom he gained a passion for the history and laws of the Folk. His Clan Chief felt that he should be named as a Smith on his Name Day [55th Birthday] but Dori wished only to be a Karamhul Defender and serve in the Guard like his father and two surviving brothers. After a lot of discussion, the King allowed a boon of his two favourite subjects – their son would have 5 years to prove himself as a Karamhul Hero before returning to Glitterhold for his name day after which he will abide by his clan Chiefs decision. His father gave him a Battle Axe as a gift before he left and his mother gave him the lute her mother had passed onto her.
He left Glitterhold 7 years ago and made his way around the local area working as a smith and seeking out adventures. 6 years ago, he swore to protect a wagon train moving through Orog territory. When the train was attacked he fought bravely but a young child was killed by the Orog. Dori felt that his honour had been impunged, knelt over the child’s body and swore the Slayer Oath with the survivors as his witnesses. He threw away his armour, dyed his hair, got a tattoo of the child’s face put over his heart and began to live, and fight, as a Slayer. He has been journeying the lands fulfilling his oath and killing any greenskins, or other wrongdoers he encounters.

As he moved south, he became known tales the tales of his heroism and selflessness spread, and he was approached by the Guild of Barak-Asrik. They understand his kind so he has become one of their 'assets' who they send to areas where there are tasks which he can be expected to complete. They know that he will act as Moradin wills, but also that his every action will build the glory of the Karamhul. He is known, and loved by the poor and oppressed but is often unpopular with the nobility as he does not accept that they have any rights beyond those granted to all. He has been particularly active in the lands of Roesone and Medeore son has come to respect the people's there as much as he respects anyone who is not of the Folk.

2 years ago he returned to Glitterhold on his name day. He marches into the Hall of the King with his hood up and cloak fastened. He gace the required honours to the King then dropped his cloak. The sight of his scarlet heai and beard, and of the tattoos on his body, said it all. He was a warrior and not a smith. Moradin had touched his fate and he served the All Father. He told the King what had been done in the past five years. The King spoke."Thy clan name is Ologhammer and thee serve the All Father before clan and King. Thy Honour is our Honour, Stay and eat with us while you can for the All Father will call you soon." The feats lasted for 2 days and then the urge to leave and travel south came upon Dori again. He rose and left with the blessings of his Clan and King. He has continued to fight chaos and evil wherever Moradin leads him and tales of the tattooed Karamhul are spreading across the land. The Guild have tasked him with being at the meeting so he has come.

Appearance Dori has the usual bulky look of Karamhul males but his beard and hair are dyed scarlet. His eyes are green, which is unusual. He wears a light blue cloak with a red hood, a loincloth and gladiator sandals and carries a 2 Handed War Axe and has a shortsword at his right hip. Over his heart is a tattoo of a child’s head, and there are tattoos of orogs, elves, and humans on his left arm. His pack is as tall as him.

Values: The Slayer Oath is simple. Protect the weak and innocent, Uphold the Law of the Folk, and face any adversary with honour and bravery

Memories
1. The day he was taken in front of the Clan chief to be told that he would be sent out into the world to allow Moradin to choose his fate and he left Glitterhold
2. The day he made his first sword blade – the beauty of the metal he had spent so long forging and the pleasure at knowing it was right
3. The day he stood over the body of a child he swore to protect and saw that it had been killed and part eaten by orcs.
4. The day that he first charged into battle as a Slayer. The feeling of joy in battle, of giving himself to the rage of Moradin at the horrors of the world and serving purely
5. The last time he fought – those orogs did not see him coming and he killed three before the others reacted. What a fight!
He remembers his sister’s eyes. He imagines he sees them from time to time in his mind. He is sure she is watching over him in some way

Regency Choice: 1. Royal Guild of Baruk-Asrik 2. Roesone 3. Medeore

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; 06-01-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:53 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Applications updated on the Ad post, will be updating a FAQ button soon to keep all Q/A centralized.

@Sadral:
  • Quote:
    - I might have missed it, but did you say how many people you'll be taking with you in this adventure ?
    AnswerI am not committing to a set number this early. A lot of it will have to do with the amount of interest there is. I would like to try to keep the adventure group at 5-6, any more than that is hard to work with in PbP I feel like. If there is a ton of interest, I have another adventure scenario that could run a second group simultaneously but I'll tap that keg when the wine coolers run out.
  • Quote:
    - Can multiple PCs belong to a single faction/owe an allegiance to the same regency ?
    AnswerAbsolutely. I think two apps are already indicating allegiance to Aerenwe. This just means they will be in the same retinue and most definitely have some familiarity with each other at the start of the game.
  • Quote:
    - How do you feel about Hanner Sidhes, the variant origin for Half elves?
    AnswerI am totally fine with anyone using the Hanner Sidhe origin for a half elf character, it's honestly much more true to the lore. If I had a knack for such things I would consider trying to craft a true variant within the meta but for now it's just easier to say that all half elves have the same traits but are either born from a human/elf union or sidhe-touched.

• Quote:
    - I cannot find confirmation or refutation of this, can we consider that some elves are living in the Erebannien ? They are said to live in ancient forests but not one in particular.
    AnswerSo the Erebannien has always been one of those places I felt was intentionally underwritten to allow for creative license. Aerenwe is only populated in 3 of it's 7 provinces with nearly the entirety of the forest left alone. There is nothing saying that elves don't inhabit the wood secretly under some unknown agreement with the regency. When 4th edition was a thing, I used it as a connection to the feywild and a way to bring eladrin into the campaign world. Sufficed to say if a small settlement of elves living there fits into your character concept, I am all for it.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 134
VaultDweller VaultDweller
Posting for interest. I'll try to have a character done by Sunday.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1339
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
I am not acquainted with the Birthright campaign setting, though from what I have read it seems incredibly interesting. If you would have someone with little experience, Skryptik, I would love to apply with the following character.

Name: Namir of Ilien
Race: Half-Elf (Khinasi father, Sidhelien mother)
Class: Sorcerer
Archetype: Wild Magic
Bloodline: Basaia (Minor strength)

Description: Namir is rather tall for a half elf, his body lean and agile. He has short dark brown hair, though he rarely shows them, almost always wearing a headscarf or hood in an attempt to hide his elven ears. His brown eyes are warm and kind, though they also betray the sadness inside him. He rarely smiles, but when he does his whole handsome face is lit up.

Background
Personality Traits: Namir is a quite, patient and introspective person. He speaks slowly, being careful not to insult others, and silently, almost hoping to avoid attention. A smile rarely graces his handsome face, though out of an inner sadness not because he dislikes those around him.
Ideals: Namir honors the law for it protects those that cannot protect themselves, though at the same time he realizes that the law alone is not enough. Openness, mercy and a good heart are essential for the world to become a better place.
Bonds: Namir is fiercely loyal to Count Rogr Algondier, loving him like a father, and will go to great lengths to please him. The count seems to have similar feelings for Namir, always eager to spend some time with him or teach him something.
Flaws: Namir’s hard life has left several scars on the young man’s soul. Perhaps his greatest flaw is his low self-esteem. Namir is constantly trying to hide his elven parentage and his sorcerous powers, using them only as a last resort to protect loved ones or innocents.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Avani, Radiant Lady (LN)

History: Namir’s parents were a charming Khinasi hunter called Alonso and the young daughter of the Druid of an elven settlement, named Llewellyn. Their forbidden dalliance soon led to Namir’s birth. Soon after his father disappeared, despite having promised to care for both the boy and his mother, while Llewellyn and the baby were exiled from the lands of the Sidhelien for many of the most valuable elven treasures had mysteriously vanished as well. In the years that followed Namir’s mother tried to take care of her son as best as she could, though life was very hard for a defenseless elven woman in human lands. One day Llewellyn didn’t return to the hut where Namir was waiting for her. The nine year old boy discovered her lifeless body hanging from a tree, just outside the human village where they resided. Though no one would tell him how this tragedy had happened and who was responsible for his mother’s tragic fate, an elderly woman and her two daughters helped Namir to bury Llewellyn in the nearby woods. Having heard much about Ilien’s openness to all people and cultures, Namir left for this great city. Without actually knowing why, he headed towards the shrine of Avani, the Radiant Lady, and asked for shelter. The few priests didn’t turn him away, but offered food and a roof over his head only in exchange for work. This was fine for Namir, since hard work made him forget the past, and he gratefully accepted. As the years passed Namir started actually enjoying the orderly lives of the faithful and showed great interest in the faith of the sun goddess, learning the proper ways to honor and worship her. He would probably have become a priest of Avani’s faith if not for an unfortunate event that marked his nineteenth birthday. While lighting the candles during devotions to the goddess, he felt incredible heat building up inside him, which resulted in a small bolt of fire that set the curtains of the shrine aflame. The first priest accused him for blasphemy and vandalism and had him arrested. Namir’s protests that he had no control over this power only made matters worse. Believing him to be possessed by evil powers, the first priest ordered Namir flogged just outside the temple. It was Count Rogr Algondier who, intrigued by Namir’s power, had him set free and took him under his wing. Over the years the Count taught Namir all he could about the magic of the realm, while Namir started regarding him as his true father, though he never confessed it. Fiercely loyal to his liege, he wanted nothing more than to please him. He secretly hoped that if Count Rogr Algondier saw how faithfully he served him, he would decide to adopt him. Namir cares nothing for wealth and power over Ilien, his only wish is to be loved and feel part of a true family. Even though the first priest of Avani’s shrine has passed away and his relationship with the rest of the priests has markedly improved, Namir now sees his place next to the count and not among his brothers and sisters of the faith.

Regency choice: 1. Ilien and Count Rogr Algondier, 2. Roesone, 3. Medoere (the last two being Ilien’s allies).

I also have a question: In Cerilia there is no common tongue. Do we choose another language instead or do you intend to have a common tongue that will make interactions between different cultures easier?

Last edited by Elanir; 06-08-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I am not acquainted with the Birthright campaign setting, though from what I have read it seems incredibly interesting. If you would have someone with little experience, Skryptik, I would love to apply with the following character.
Absolutely, all I ask for is interest and reading the quality background you put forth I can tell you have read some of the material.

Quote:
I also have a question: In Cerilia there is no common tongue. Do we choose another language instead or do you intend to have a common tongue that will make interactions between different cultures easier?
Replace Common with Anuirean. The idea is that as a half elf (or any race that is granted the common tongue) you would be able to speak the cultural language of the human realms nearest to your origin. Anuirean is going to basically be the common tongue for this campaign.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1157
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
Quote:
AnswerSo the Erebannien has always been one of those places I felt was intentionally underwritten to allow for creative license. Aerenwe is only populated in 3 of it's 7 provinces with nearly the entirety of the forest left alone. There is nothing saying that elves don't inhabit the wood secretly under some unknown agreement with the regency. When 4th edition was a thing, I used it as a connection to the feywild and a way to bring eladrin into the campaign world. Sufficed to say if a small settlement of elves living there fits into your character concept, I am all for it.
Spoke too soon ! I actually found a (admittedly obscure) link between Elves and Erebannien in Northvale's wiki page ! ^^

I think I'm mostly done with the application. I had only briefly heard of the Birthright setting before your post so I hope I didn't make any lore-breaking mistakes in Aerinn's history. If so I would gladly get feedback from you so I can add, remove or modify things that could be problematic !

Last edited by Sadral; 05-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:11 AM
Older than it Looks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 137
Babydoll Miley Babydoll Miley
This looks really interesting. I'm going to read over the source material and put something together this weekend! Consider this a placeholder. WIP!

Name: Lady Prefect, Annawren Blanchfeld Herticee
Race: Anuirean Human

Class: Paladin
Archetype: Oath of Vengeance

Bloodline: Anduiras

Background: Soldier
Personality: Annawren is stern and stoic, often giving off the impression that she is rude. Too many years on the battlefield has hardened her heart, but given her resolute determination in accomplishing her goals. She does not know to quit and fights in a 'first-in last-out' approach, even in the face of certain defeat. She has almost lost her life several times, owing to Haelyns divine providence that she is still alive.
Ideal: Order is the only true path to peace. War is the needed tool to institute order.
Bond: Those who follow me into battle are my friends and I would lay down my life for them.
Flaw: Her hatred of her enemies in blind and unreasonable. She finds herself enjoying defeating her enemies.

Deity: Haelyn

Domain/Holding Allegiance: A sworn paladin of Haelyn, Annawren only recognizes the the authority of her ranking military superiors, much to her family's ilk.

History: Annawren B. Herticee was born of a noble house, dreaming as a girl of living a fancy life of dresses and court politics. This childhood dream was crushed when her hold was attacked and her family was slaughter. A paladin of Haelyn was able to save her and she was taken into Duke Roesone's care until she reached the age of fifteen. The Roesone family did not care for her as one of their own, but they could not deny her bloodline. The day she turned fifteen she joined the order and quickly showed a certain tenacity in battle that did not fit with her age.

Quickly moving up the ranks, she often felt that her superiors were trying to end her bloodline, giving her the most difficult missions. More likely, they knew her never-quit attitude would give the best outcomes in dire situations. After the third time that she given up for dead when dragged bleeding off the of battlefield, those under her command started to call her the Paramour of Death, because only someone favored of Death could escape his grasp so readily. This reputation was a boon and curse, with most soldiers too fearful to work under her command, but others volunteering for it. Those choosing to come to her command proved to be fiercely loyal to her, even unto death. Her slimmer and more streamlined unit was only given the very hardest and most terrible missions or positions to hold.

Regency Choice:
1) Impregnable Heart of Haelyn
2) Life and Protection of Avanalae
3) Diemed

Last edited by Babydoll Miley; 05-26-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1224
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie

Name: Lady Rachel. Full name: Lady Rachel de Jana-Tritton the 3rd. From House Tritton.
Race: Cerilian human. Subrace: Vos

Class: Warlock: Pact of the Blade
Archetype: Hexblade

Bloodline: Blooded Scion: Vorynn

Background: Heir
Personality: I deserve all of the prestige and power that comes to me. And I will use this to fulfill my parents wish and free the houses from those who hold them down.
Ideal: Independence: I must prove that I can handle myself so that when the time comes I will be able to take over as head of House Tritton.
Bond: I am devoted to my family, my house, my heritage, those who raised me and my Patron. My house's alliance with another noble family is also important and must be sustained at all costs.
Flaw: I KNOW that everyone is beneath me. I sometimes let everyone know this.

Deity:

Domain/Holding Allegiance:: Rachel is an Acting Agent, researcher and advisor for Mhistecai.
House Tritton and the Mierelen family have an alliance with each other and a common goal. Both would like to regain their formal power and independence. House Tritton from Baron of Ghoere, Gavin Tael and the House of Mhistecai from Prince Avan of Avanil and the Governor, Lord Arron.

Regency Choice:
1) Mhistecai
2) High Mage Aelies
3) Eastern Temple of Nesirie

Last edited by voodoozombie; 06-08-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
left-aligned image
Name: Amina Haensen

Race: Half Elf (Father, Khinasi; Mother, Elf)

Class: Fighter
Archetype: Champion

Alignment: LN

Stats: STR 9 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 12 Bloodline 16 [Divine Wrath]
Bloodline: Basaia
Feats: Power of the Blood [Healing] 4th Level

Personality: I never let work complicate matters.
I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Ideal: Family. Blood runs thicker than water.
I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.
Bond: I am determined to impress the leaders of my house, and to become a leader myself.
Flaw: I believe that my house and bloodline makes me better than anyone else.

Deity: Avanalae

Domain/Holding Allegiance: Captain of the Guard for Medhlorie Haensen

History: Amina Haensen is a scion of the House of Haesen and third cousin to the High Hierophant Medhlorie Haensen. From age 16 to 20 she traveled a bit with a bunch of adventures but returned to her family to be a part of it's business interests. Normally the bodyguard retinue of the High Hierophant is a uncommonly a clericpaladin but upon Medhlorie's ascension to the post, her family thought it best that a family member (even if distant) was necessary due to the circumstances of the ascension. Amina was chosen as she had enough seasoning and a non-clergy male (even a relative) might lead to rumors of impropriety. Her family has cemented an alliance with a small but wealthy family by promising Amina's hand in marriage to a child who is presently 3 upon him reaching majority at 18. Considering the lifespan difference of an half-elf and a human, both families do not consider the age discrepancy as a problem. She would then be known as Baroness Amina as her family would be giving the couple a small keep and a village to administrate in exchange for great wealth from House Raysuni.

Regency Choice:
  1. Life and Protection of Avanalae
  2. The Port of Call Exhange
  3. Ilien

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 06-05-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2748
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
WIPName: Orin Tyien
Race: Human (Anuirean/Variant)
Class: Paladin
Archetype: Oath of Devotion
Bloodline: Anduiras
-Leadership is a heavy burden, and I will bear the weight as determined by destiny.
-Hope. The world needs those of divine lineage to guide it back to prosperity. (Good)
-My people need me and I will not abandon them.
- I do not fully appreciate the difficulties of the common folk.

Deity: Haelyn

Domain/Holding Allegiance: Nephew of Lady Melonie Tyien of the Free City of Ilien.

History: Born to the Tyien family, one of the few noble houses of the city of Ilien, Orin knew he was destined to rule. Je showed an interest in the family religion early on, so his parents sent him to the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn to study when he turned 13. Though he quickly earned a reputation as a spoiled brat, after several months, he ventured out from the luxurious halls and saw the farmers and pilgrims giving their meager alms and desperate pleas for divine aid, and it stirred something inside him.

He devoted himself whole-heartedly to his study from then on, both of the sword and the scriptures. The priests recognized something in him after that, an apparent anointment by Haelyn and the mein of a strong bloodline. He trained in the ways of the paladins, and joined the temples servants in patrolling the roads and routing out bandits and monster nests. His devotion and skill at arms, along with the commanding presence of his bloodline, helped him to quickly climb the ranks of the temple leadership. Soon, he was in charge of all of their paladins.

Regency Choice: The Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Hopefully all that fits in the world. Also, can the feat for more Bloodline powers be taken more than once?
Old 05-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
@Skryptik
Do Karamhul get the rest of the Dwarf Racial traits from 5e i.e stonecunning, tool proficency etc. or just the new ones in your source? Working on a character sheet and realised that might make a difference
Old 05-26-2019, 08:42 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Hopefully all that fits in the world. Also, can the feat for more Bloodline powers be taken more than once?
@RainyDayNinja - On the question unfortunately no. It would need to indicate that it can be taken more than once in the text description.

Quote:
Do Karamhul get the rest of the Dwarf Racial traits from 5e i.e stonecunning, tool proficency etc. or just the new ones in your source? Working on a character sheet and realised that might make a difference
@Fawlin McFundin - Yes, the subrace is in addition to the base racial features.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
I am not sure about the bloodline strength and powers.

If you have Major Blodline, does that mean you have:
One Major Power
OR
One Major and One Minor Power
OR
Something else

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 05-26-2019 at 09:22 PM.