User Statistics
RPXP: 437
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Cookie
right-aligned image
Name: Gorbug, nickname is "Cookie"

Race: Half-Orc

Background: Sailor/Caravan (Cook)

Traits: I never pass up a good meal, or an opportunity to try some new ingredient.

Ideals: Someday I'll own my own tavern and set my own menu.

Bonds: I'll always remember my first caravan.

Flaws: My pride will probably lead to my destruction.

Physical Description: Still muscular, though rounder than most Half-Orcs, with every emotion written clearly across his face. A leather apron and chef's hat round out the look.

Personality: Cookie takes his job very seriously. He believes that traveling between settlements shouldn't keep you from having a good meal. He's obsessed with how things taste, and sometimes found licking odd plants or spices to see how they interact with each other.

History: Cookie has been on the road for as long as he can remember. His ancestors were nomads, constantly on the move, which made it easier for them to adapt to the new lifestyle once the islands drifted apart. Cookie got his name from the numerous requests for treats from his grandmother. She convinced him to help her cook them in exchange for a share of the proceeds. He's been cooking for the caravan ever since. Their latest trip took them to a little town called Willow Grove. His favorite mushroom grower is there.

Character Sheet

Last edited by TiesKnots; 05-24-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7336
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
I’ll have a post up soon!
Old 05-24-2019, 06:26 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1058
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Keep those applications coming.

Stadiumite and Oakie, I need you to confirm your race.

Everyone, please take a look at the application list at the bottom of the first post and let me know if you disagree with your starting location (Where you are the night of the attack)
Old 05-24-2019, 10:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 547
Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl Simandl
Sounds like the coolest way to start a game!

Gilligg the Goatherder
right-aligned image

Name: Gilligg the Goatherder Character Sheet

Race: Forest Gnome

Background: Shepherd (Outlander)

Traits: I feel far more comfortable around animals than people. When someone is in trouble, I am always ready to lend help.

Ideals: It is each persons responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe (Good).

Bonds: My clan is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Flaws: There is no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Physical Description:
This young gnome appears almost child-like, with the skin of his wide, beardless face being smooth as a baby's bottom. He typically wears a drowsy expression, but lively brown eyes reveal he IS wide awake and very-much paying attention. Long, pointy ears stretch out from either side of his head. A moss-covered, wide-brimmed conical hat casts a shadow over his face. As he removes it to politely nod a greeting, a tangled mess of unkempt sandy blond hair is revealed. The small creature appears quite fit, his sinewy muscles suggesting hs is likely quite strong for his size. Moving slowly but surely, his steps and actions are quiet, deliberate, and done with extreme grace.

Personality:
The youngest adult Gnome in their community, Gilligg is rather progressive in his ways compared to his community. While his family and community come first, always, and the forest is where he feels most comfortable, he actually quite enjoys his short trading trips to the city. The variety in people, foodstuffs, and innovative crafts and the increased pace of it all fascinate the curious gnome. He is always quite happy to return to the forest after a day or two, however, and both he and his family enjoy the recounting of tales from his little urban adventures. Kind-hearted and helpful, Gilligg is quick to offer assistance when he spots a need. He is much bolder than most of his kin, but can occasionally channel the wary forest creature when danger is sensed.

History:
When the Breaking occurred, Gilligg's ancestors' community lost much of the forest in which they had made their home. With the shrunken forest habitat, and a landmass that seemed so small where it had once seemed infinite, the bashful forest gnomes were forced to compromise in their secretive ways. With each successive generation following the great splintering the community saw more interaction with, and more reliance upon, the outside population. Once self-sufficient hunter-gatherers, the community now dabbled in some agriculture and domestication of animals, trading the fruits of their labors for goods which the forest no longer could provide. Gilligg's family minds a small flock of sheep and goats for wool and milk, consuming and sharing what they need with their gnomish community, and taking the excess into the city for trade.

Gilligg has made the two-day hike to Willow Grove to sell cheeses and fermented milk made by his family. He, along with one of his goats, spent the day in the town bazaar, minding a rickety table offering his products. His goods sold and a few coins in his satchel, he is spending the night with his goat in the stables. In the morning, he is expecting to pick up supplies for his family and make the hike back to their forest home.
”Distilling is beautiful. First of all, because it is a slow, philosophic, and silent occupation, which keeps you busy but gives you time to think of other things, somewhat like riding a bike.” -Primo Levi, The Periodic Table

Last edited by Simandl; 05-30-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 474
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Taos Bookman is variant human if that is allowed.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:39 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Yes, Human(Variant) is fine, just take a look at the feat restrictions in the initial post.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:11 PM
Insert clever title here

Tools
User Statistics
Added my character sheet to the app for Cookie. Background is a modified version of Sailor adapted to a caravan instead of sailing ship.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7336
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Are people able to make their way from island to island using some means? Or are they restricted to the island they’re born on?
Old 05-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3768
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Switched my race to Human (Variant), the Durable feat seemed like really good flavor for the character.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@TiesKnots Looks good to me
@MontageManiac If there are islands where people have managed to find a way off of them, those on your island are not aware of it. There is only one way off your floating rock in the sky and that is the edge.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Player goal: build a sky ship. It should be epic but certainly not easy anyone else interested? Something must be keeping these islands in the air.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1477
RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD
RoscoeName:Roscoe
right-aligned image

Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Background: Urchin
Traits: I like to squeeze in to small places where no one else can get to me. I am affectionate to those who are kind to me.
Ideals: Community: take care of each other.
Bonds: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.
Flaws: If I am outnumbered I will run away from a fight. Logic is not something I understand, I rely on intuition and old habits.

Physical Description: Despite being an urchin Roscoe enjoys bathing and keeps himself clean with the exception of his dreadlocked hair. His clothes are whatever he can find and thinks he looks good in when looking at himself in a puddle or pond. He is thin and short and easily overlooked if he wishes to be.

Personality:Roscoe is childlike in nature, always trying to impress those around him for treats or praise. He is extremely affectionate to those who are kind to him, giving enthusiastic hugs and curling up next to those he trusts when he gets tired. Unable to grasp logical reasoning Roscoe relies on instincts and habits he has developed over the years.

History: Roscoe grew up all over the town of Willow Grove. As soon as he was old enough to walk he would wander the streets looking for other children to play with. His mother never wanted him but would feed him if he showed up, eventually she disappeared and he survived by the generosity of others. Showing up at the houses of children he knew he was as often as not invited in for dinner. His gentle heart and eagerness to please made him a welcome guest. As a halfling almost nothing has changed over the years. He still wanders the town, playing with children and taking offerings where he can get them. The baker will usually give him some bread if he does his juggling trick.
On the night of the attack Roscoe is at the tavern, sometimes they will give him some leftovers if he fetches the plates off of tables and does tricks for the patrons.

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80720

Last edited by RadarD; 05-24-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Oakie Oakie
Race updated. Starting location good.

Edit: Created character sheet and shared to Silent Rain.

Last edited by Oakie; 05-24-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:04 PM
Insert clever title here

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
Everyone, please take a look at the application list at the bottom of the first post and let me know if you disagree with your starting location (Where you are the night of the attack)
Looks fine to me.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@Oakie Updated the race, thanks.
Closed Thread