twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 08:55 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8545
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Very cool. I am genuinely afraid and now looking at 1st level as a rather powerful bump in power. Oh dear god....
Old 05-26-2019, 02:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 466
Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces
For characters that survive long enough, will you be allowing multiclassing with roleplay reasoning? Example a fighter who makes a pact with a demon to become stronger. Fighter/warlock
Old 05-26-2019, 03:14 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8545
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Ooo, that’s an interesting question I’d like to know as well!

Last edited by MontageManiac; 05-26-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 466
Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces
Koki Greentea
right-aligned image
Name:Koki Greentea
Rae:Halfling (Stout)
Background:Acolyte (Worshiper of Yondalla)
Traits: I misquote sacred text and proverbs in almost every situation.
Ideals: I seek to prove myself worthy of my god's favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings.
Bonds: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaws: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.
Physical Description: Standing at only three feet tall most people mistake Koki for a small child with large, hazel eyes and a round cherubic face adorned with freckles and framed by long, curly hair. She is usually seen wearing simple white shirt with a brown vest and pants, and her vestments which is a simple saffron cloak. Around her neck is an amulet that Koki carved from bone in the shape of a shield with a cornucopia engraved on it.
Personality: Raised in the service of the Halfling goddess Yondalla, Koki tries her best to emulate her and prove her worth to her goddess through her actions. She tries to protect the weak and aide them when possible. If violence breaks out she tries to broker peace first but isn't scared to fight, as she believes that even though violence should never be welcomed you must still be willing to defend your home and community.
She likes to think she's quick witted and able to quote her goddess' sacred texts by heart but in reality she tends to make jokes that fall flat and her quotes tend to be wrong.
Her heart is in the right place though and she hopes one day to become a priestess of her goddess just like her mother. A person who people can come to when they need help, whether it be food, advice, protection or wounds being mended.
History: Koki was born and raised in Willow Grove. Her family live in a small home that uses it's garden space to double as a shrine to their goddess Yondalla. The shrine is open for anyone to come visit, and though most of the people who visit are of the halfling decent other races have been known to frequent it as well. She is the youngest child of three and only female among them. Koki strives to be like her mother, whom she looks up to, and hopes that one day she can be a shining example of emulating their goddesses values as well as her mother.
Her father and oldest brother, Brokk, worship Yondalla as well but earn money to keep the family fed through construction. Koki works hard at tending to the shrine with her middle brother Bow, but in her spare time she enjoys carving trinkets and sparring with her brothers who have taught her how to throw a punch and hold her own in a fight.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:09 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2480
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Yes, multiclassing will be allowed. I am not against any official classes, but will need to make sure that it makes sense to the overall campaign. Once the party is determined, I will see what everyone's class goals are and find a way to work that into the narrative. I.e. a character finding a sword in a previously hidden cave that allows an entity to create a pact with a player in return for freeing it, etc., might be a way to work in a hexblade.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 828
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
I've completed a character sheet now. There is a link off of my application above. For Taos Bookman.

Taos is a variant human. I have chosen "Skilled" as his feat, which allows me to gain proficiency in 3 skills. At level zero, that actually mean nothing. But as soon as I attain a level, I will get them. Is it possible to choose "arcana" as a skill? There are no practitioners of magic, I know. But his is very book-smart. Maybe he has started to learn somethings that will help if and when magic is revealed.

He has both high strength and INT. I think maybe Fighter to start, and then multi-class as wizard? Of maybe Wizard to start?

No one has proficiency in armor now? (Unless they choose it with a feat?)

Does the use of a shield require proficiency?
Old 05-26-2019, 09:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 447
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
The eldritch Knight subclass of Fighter might be the way to go for high strength and intelligence without having to multiclass.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:57 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
RGNinja
What knowledge of the old gods still exists in this world? Would it make sense to have someone that follows(ed) a god (a la the acolyte background)?

If so, any restrictions on the type of god that would be worshipped?

Last edited by RGNinja; 05-26-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Stadiumite Sheet has been noted, thanks. Any feat, ability, etc. that allows the selection of a skill to gain proficiency, can defer the selection of those skills until level 1 is achieved. Either way, arcana would not be able to be selected as there is literally no one on the island that would possess the knowledge necessary to train you on the real workings of magic. Outside of myth and legend, it does not exist. If you found someone that did possess this knowledge, then that is a different story.

A feat or racial proficiency would be the only way a lvl 0 character would have proficiency with armor or shields. That being said, it is technically possible for a non-proficient character to wear anything with some disadvantages:

Armor Proficiency: Anyone can put on a suit of armor or strap a shield to an arm. Only those proficient in the armor's use know how to wear it effectively, however. If you wear armor that you lack proficiency with, you have disadvantage on any ability check, saving throw, or attack roll that involves Strength or Dexterity, and you can't cast spells.

However, if a feat is selected at lvl 0 to gain proficiency in a skill, armor, weapon, etc., that is later gained again when a class is selected at level one, I will allow that original feat selected at lvl 0 to be replaced, if so desired.

@RGNinja The world before the breaking was filled with the pantheon of the Nonhuman deities and Forgotten Realms (using just the gods themselves, not their drama and history). Since that time, there has been no evidence that any of the gods have survived. That being said, religion is based upon faith, and there certainly could be survivors that maintained and passed on that faith. I would say that any god could still be worshiped, but the most common would those that provided protection, good harvests, etc.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 05-26-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:42 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Added character sheet to application
Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Dwarven Master-at-Arms

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
I think Thorgrim is good enough to be called completed! I think it would make sense if his starting location is within his shop as he is working late to get ahead of potential orders placed with him. Additionally, how are you gonna handle the power disparity between a few of the folks that could be selected? As an example a good number of folks ended up with arrays that were slightly less than a standard while a few others are at 10 in modifiers before racial applications.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application=Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Adam Khrome
Race: Human Variant
Background: Guild Artisan - Woodcarver

Backstory:
Raised by his elder brother, and a son to deceased parents. Adam knew only one life within Willow grove and that was of simplicity. Adams older brother, Mathew, essentially raised him since he was young. Being a fair amount older, Mathew raised Adam as if he was his own son, caring and nurturing him like any father would.

Adam grew up in the footsteps of his older brother. He Learned to love the trade in which his brother excelled so well in, and grew himself to be somewhat of a talented wood worker. Adams specialty laid elsewhere in the craft from his brother. Where Mathew honed his skills in supporting devices and structural art, Adam honed his skills in the demanding work of resource collection; felling the trees to do the job, and creating weaponry or defensive siege type devices. A more large scale version of the craft, but a transferable version none the less.

Adam tends to spend a lot of time in the woods collecting the materials needed for his trade. The resource management portion of his life is hard, and as time goes on the resources in which one is able to ascertain, before more sparingly available. For this Adam has to travel longer distances in order to obtain the timber in which he needs. This aspect of his life is more rugged, more dangerous and more demanding than that of a regular crafter. In addition to the resource collection portion of his life, Adam is a conscious fellow, and understands the fragile balance in which Willow Grove teeters. For every tree or shrub that is harvested, One is planted. Great care and attention is paid in this regard. Himself, his brothers, and the entirety of willow groves survivability reflects directly upon this interaction.

Appearance: A Fit man, Adam stands at respectable 5'10" in height and weighs close to 190lbs. He is lean, exercises through his work regularly and keeps himself in formidable shape. A brown head of short cut hair matches an equally brown set of scruffy facial hair covering his lower face, complementing a well groomed mustache. His arms and chest showcase various tribal tattoos and in his nose sets a ring. Adam Carries with him a set of of finely crafted double blades axes, one on head side of his hip, each encased in a leather head strap to avoid being cut.

Personality: Adam is a hard worker. He is the first one to wake in the mornings and the last one to sleep at night. He is extremely dedicated to his craft, and doesn't sacrifice an earnest days living for anything. He is polite, genuine and humble. Adam could be described as a honest soul, someone who lives a simple life and shows respect to everyone around him.

Link to dice rolls - https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...48#post8416448

Last edited by Jrod; 05-30-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
I do not think having low stats necessarily gimps a character, in fact I think it could even add to the RPability. That being said, I also would not want a player unable to create the character they were envisioning due to restrictions caused by random dice rolls (especially when multiclassing).

I will amend the ability score rules to allow players to take a standard 27-point buy if they are not happy with either of their two random sets of rolls.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My character sheet has been added.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:53 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@Hiruma Kohaku Updated, thanks
Closed Thread