Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 729
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Sheet!

Name: Maighan
Race: Human (variant)
Background: Hermit
Traits: I have tremendous empathy for those who are suffering; I am oblivious to etiquette and social expectation
Ideals: Save what can be saved, mend what can be mended.
Bonds: I have seen the shape of the puzzle, but pieces are missing...I must find them!
Flaws: I know that I know best...why can't anyone else accept that?!

Physical Description:
An aloof young woman dressed in skins and adorned with feathers and little bits of bone or colorful rocks.

Personality:
Maighan keeps to herself most times, leaving others to their business and keeping her own business to herself. Her work is important; too important to be distracted from, and she knows too well how vulnerable she is to the plight of others. The best defense is ignorance. She'll help them, eventually. She'll help all of them.

Despite that, she does not suffer fools gladly and she is not shy in any way about voicing her displeasure with people. Maighan has little sense of decorum, and will happily bawl someone out on a crowded street and make a spectacle. It's gotten her a reputation for being intractable, and best avoided. This seems to suit her fine.

A few can claim to have seen another side to her though. One that emerges only when it's safe. Giving food to street kids hiding in an alley, or comforting an injured horse that took a spill. And while virtually no one would think to go to her with her problems, those who have done so have never been turned away...despite the grumbling.

History:
Maighan's an odd one. She's the daughter of a couple who lived out on the edges of Willow's Grove, doing some hunting, some farming, trapping...looking after themselves first and doing some trade. Living 'in' town, but not really part 'of' the town. Once, after a hard winter, it was just the old man coming into town...sometimes with Maighan helping haul furs. A few years later, it was just her.

What no one sees, what no one knows, is that there's a cave close to that hand-made cabin. One that snakes down deep into the floating isle, carved by a tributary of a stream that winds past...or maybe just a relic from the days before the Breaking. Down there, surrounded by earth and still air, with water trickling past, Maighan lights a fire to meditate on the elements of nature...preserving as best she can the old ways taught to her by her parents, and passed on from theirs. There is a power sleeping in the ground...she knows it, she can feel it. If it could be awakened, maybe it could heal the world.

Or Break it one last time.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 05-28-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
Draidden Draidden Draidden
Would a half-elf be okay? I see you said no elves so wanted to make sure before continuing.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2610
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Yes, half-elves still exist, their human lineage somehow allowing them to not be affected by what affected their pure-blooded cousins.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Brasil Ragnault

left-aligned image
Name : Brasil Regnault (the g is silent)
Race : Half-Elf, Male
Background : Entertainer (Dancer, Juggler and Tumbler)
Trait : I change my mood or my mind as quickly as I change key in a song.
Ideal : Creativity – the world is in need of new ideas and bold action
Bond : I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaws : A scandal prevents me from ever going home again. That kind of trouble seems to follow me around.

Physical Description : Brasil is a comely young man of 20 years. He prefers to always be in clean, at least slightly fancy, clothes. He is of average stature and build, but is obviously fit.

Personality : Brasil likes to think of himself as a man of the ladies. While he performs he likes to flirt with the pretty women. For that matter he likes to flirt all the time. This and the fact that he uses his performing to pilfer a little here and there keeps him moving about a lot. He will stand and defend the helpless, unless it appears completely hopeless. Although he is no coward he has no problem realizing that running away is always a viable option.

History : Brasil grew up in a fairly large town. Even from a young age he liked to perform entertain people. He also learned early that while people were watching his performances they sometimes became easy targets for a little pilfering.
As he got older and his dashing features matured he found he had quite the way with people, especially the ladies. This is what got him in trouble. He charmed one of the richer families daughter and she informed her father that she had met the man she would marry.
He had no intention of marrying her and when it became known he was dallying with a couple other girls at the same time the father became livid and told him he either marries his daughter or “else”. So Brasil chose option 3 and ran.
He has been on the move every since and has had to quickly move on several times for pretty much the same reason. That and on occasion people start looking his way when things start to disappear.
So this has brought him to Willow Grove. He arrived with a small group of wagons which luckily was all men so he managed to stay out of trouble. He has been in town for a couple of days and has managed to charm an older couple in letting him use an empty room in their house. And so find himself woken in the middle of the night with a ringing bell and screaming and yelling.

Last edited by Draidden; 05-28-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The background gives him 15 gp. Can I spend some of that to have some daggers. He is a juggler and uses them to perform.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Yes, in fact, I would encourage everyone to purchase at least some form of weapon
Old 05-28-2019, 08:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 466
Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces Reisespieces
Can we buy anything with our starting gold? Like armor?
Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, you can buy anything listed in the PHB, just mind your proficiencies.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
Yes, you can buy anything listed in the PHB, just mind your proficiencies.
Especially since as not having 1st level in a class we do not have proficiency in any types of armor. Unless I missed something. But even so the starting gold of 15 that is with most backgrounds is not going to be able to afford armor and weapons.

Last edited by Draidden; 05-28-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:18 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
While your options are limited, there are sources of armor proficiencies. For example, mountain dwarves have proficiency in light and medium armor. As for the cost of armor, padded, leather and hide armor all cost under 10gp and every simple melee weapon can be purchased for 5gp or less.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My character sheet is done. It is linked from my characters name in my previous post.

Now all I have to do is out run the slower player characters,
Old 05-29-2019, 08:59 AM
Dwarven Master-at-Arms

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
While your options are limited, there are sources of armor proficiencies. For example, mountain dwarves have proficiency in light and medium armor. As for the cost of armor, padded, leather and hide armor all cost under 10gp and every simple melee weapon can be purchased for 5gp or less.
I guess as a question, would we be allowed to be already in our armor when the attack occurred? I was under the assumption that we were all going about our normal evenings when the attack occurs so most of us would be in plain clothes right?
Old 05-29-2019, 09:17 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Short answer, I leave that up to you. Some characters are sleeping, other at the tavern, others working late into the night, others sitting around a campfire,etc. The night finds everyone in different situations. I just ask that if you are still in your armor, you explain why in your post.

As a side note, 5e does not incur any penalty for sleeping in your armor
Old 05-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
This sounds like a fun way to run the app process.
I'm wondering, since elves are not allowed, if half-elves are still around. If not what about a human with traces of eleven ancestry for flavor? Such as slightly longer or pointed ears? Finer bone structure, higher cheek bones, whatever "elven" may be?
Old 05-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, half-elves still exist, their human lineage somehow allowing them to not be affected by what affected their pure-blooded cousins.
Closed Thread