twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3854
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Thanks, good to know.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 876
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Can we arrange our dice rolls how ever we want or do we need to place them in order?

My application should be fairly done, I might tweak it a bit.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:33 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1058
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
You can use them in any order
Old 05-30-2019, 03:36 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Hidden:
Old 05-30-2019, 06:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 448
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Will you be allowing any outside sources, if we can provide the reference? (specifically certain Unearthed Arcana)
Current Games: Broken Isles
Old 05-30-2019, 06:35 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Due to certain aspects of the campaign setting my knee-jerk reaction is to say no, but if you can provide a reference, I will see if it makes sense.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Specifically the Ranger rework they did to address some of the concerns about the base PHB Ranger being comically atrocious. Don't think any of it is particularly thematic, mostly just mechanical stuff to make the class a bit more functional.

If you decide against it, that's cool. I have another character concept mulling about in the back of my head that I could throw down instead.

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/d...isedRanger.pdf

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, I will allow the UA Ranger. Just bare in mind that there are currently no gods that would be able to grant the ranger their ability to cast spells and the force of nature itself is not a source where magical power could be derived.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Didn't think of that with regards to the spellcasting, good to know.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Alaric Ingmarr (Proto-sheet linked; stat-rolls here)

Race: Human (Variant)

Background: Criminal

Traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Ideals: I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.

Bonds: I'm trying to pay off a debt I owe to a generous benefactor.

Flaws: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm ok with that.

Physical Description (include a picture): (see attached)
Alaric is just shy of 6ft, with chestnut brown hair and green eyes. Reasonably muscular for his age, but not overly bulky.

Personality:
Years of being at his Uncle's side during his "business dealings" have taught Alaric the value of keeping a cool head, and keeping his mouth shut, except when either asked for input or having spotted some crucial detail.

Professionally, he is discrete and focused on the job at hand. He attempts to stay in the moment, but also think ahead in order to have contingencies in place in case things go sideways.

Privately, he'll drink and carouse with the rest of 'em. Having grown up amongst his Uncle's men, he learned early on how to party well. Now that he's of-age, he is considered "one of the guys", and can often be found in the local tavern when not on some errand.

History:
Alaric was taken in by his "Uncle" at an early age, along with his older brother, Calder. Their mother's cousin adopted them after both of their parents died to a fever that ran through their Island one year. Over the years, both boys were introduced to their Uncle's "side business", and integrated themselves. While Alaric only serves as a mid-level enforcer, Calder has been groomed as their Uncle's successor. Which is perfectly fine by Alaric, he never had the mind for the actual workings of the business and the long-term planning involved, he prefers to remain on the sidelines watching over them.

(OOC: I'm thinking a sort of mafia-esque family situation essentially)

Starting point: The Uncle's residence, where Alaric still lives + whatever other men the Uncle has on hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jael.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	80399  
Old 05-31-2019, 04:00 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hm, no druids either? Well shucks. May have to rethink Maighan's future, if I get in.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:03 PM
I enjoyed THACO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3789
Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper

Name: Poulde
Race: Human (Variant)
Background: Hermit
Traits I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.
IdealsIf you know yourself, there's nothing left to know.
BondsI'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
FlawsI like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Physical Description An older man. The face that rests above a copious white beard is lined with deep wrinkles. His once ruggedly hansom face laying dormant behind the ravages of time. He leans heavily on a staff that's almost always with him, though at least some of the reliance is for show. Keen green pupils scan the world with alacrity, half hidden behind baggy eyes. Poulde is a thin man, almost unhealthily so. The bones of his hands jut out, as if trying to free themselves of his skin. Thin, spidery veins are visible just below the surface of his pallid complexion.

Personality Poulde tends to avoid interaction with others, preferring to lurk in the periphery of gatherings. He leans heavily on a staff to walk, stubbornly maintaining the charade despite it being a well known 'secret' the assistance is unnecessary. An excuse to appear pitiful and weak; all the better to guilt others into doing things for him. He's normally quiet and pensive, though blurts his thoughts out sharply when he does have cause to speak. While decision making, he tends to attempt approaching the situation from all angles. However, once he decides on a course of action has difficulty abandoning it, even if a better course presents itself.

History Poulde first appeared in Willow Grove nearly two decades prior. Originating from another of the island's small towns, which a swirl of dark rumors say he fled just steps ahead of full banishment. Human experimentation. Living dissection. Rumors overlooked in Willow Grove because he's one of very few on the island with training and skill in the medical arts. Skills desperately needed which he sells dearly. He spends most of his time in solitude, meditating in the tower of his home; an abnormally tall building in the middle of town which he ironically refers to as "The Hermitage". Though it may as well be in the middle of nowhere, judging by the number of visitors. The other citizens of Willow Grove tend to only seek out Poulde in times of dire need.

Starting Point: Jail
Tonight was different than normal. Poulde could barely suppress his elation in anticipation of applying one of his... other talents. Talents best saved for the night when no good, honest folk would be out. He leaned on his staff, allowing it to take his weight as he toed open the door to the town's small jail. Some criminal. A thief in the night. Poulde had been hired to ascertain if there were any more accomplices, perhaps an organization behind the bugler's efforts. The old man had trained long and hard learning to heal, practicing the art. Healing, which sometimes requires pain and suffering for the greater good. Pain and suffering when judiciously applied, people tended to speak of things normally kept secret... for the greater good, of course. Poulde smirked.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:36 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
There have been 20 applications submitted so far. The turnout has been excellent, so I will be closing applications on June 2nd.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 05-31-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
tom0eh tom0eh tom0eh
Oh heck! That's tomorrow, gang!!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 588
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Hoping for some last-minute consideration!
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Vidri the Shadowless
Race: Human (Variant) (Feat: Sharpshooter)
Background: Criminal (Burglar)
Trait: The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.
Ideal: Honor, Charity. I do what I do not for personal ambition or greed, but to aid those who cannot aid themselves; I don't get from just anyone.
Bond: My mother taught me everything I know, but since she passed I use my ill-gotten gains to support what's left of my family.
Flaw: Sometimes trusting my gut gets me into trouble.

Appearance/Personality: Fair of face and fleet of foot, Vidri is good at what she does, and looks charming while she does it. Her red hair and mischievous, vibrant, smiling green eyes seem to imply that there's always something less-than-legitimate brewing inside her head, and sometimes that's actually true. She stands at an average height and you wouldn't want her to repair your armor or bend prison bars for you, but she has a quick mind, a quick eye, and quicker hands. She's a crack shot with her sling, too, and rarely misses her targets, except when she's too angry to care. She's been inside a prison cell more times than she has fingers (she still has two complete sets), but often not longer than a night; she usually gets off much lighter than she should, with her impish wink and smile for the guards.

History/Starting Point: Jail. Tonight wasn't a very good night for Vidri. In fact, it was one of the worst nights of her life as she finds herself in a cell yet again, but for something totally not her doing. Of course, she's said as much more than once, but this time it was true; she was indeed innocent of the crime she's being accused of. Vidri's mother taught her how to survive in the isles, and while for some people that meant fending for themselves to the detriment of others, her way was to "procure" various necessities from people of higher stature, then make them available to the masses for a fair price. Her mother often described what she did as "supplying", even if Vidri herself knew that what they were doing was called "theft", "breaking and entering", "larceny" and so forth. She sympathized with the many who were in need however, and despised the nobility who often thought only of themselves. That was years ago, when her mother was still alive. Vidri went out by herself now, upholding her late mother's virtuous cause and providing food on the table for her family with her "supply runs".

The previous afternoon, however, just when the sun was setting in the horizon, Vidri ventured into a nearby town called Willow Grove. A noble's house, some bloke named Stormfall or other, was rumored to have stores in his basement of cured meats; that would fetch a good price at the market, and would feed many a hungry mouth. When she managed to get into one of the rooms however, not only were there no cured meats but what lay there on the fine marble floor of the house was a bleeding corpse, robed in some fancy silks. What was even more perplexing was that though the setting sun cast shadows all over the room, the dead body had none. Even after a maid saw her and the guards finally came, Vidri was too puzzled and dumbfounded to resist as they dragged her to prison.

When the light from her cell window changed from orange hues to black, Vidri had enough sense to lament her predicament and try to think of a way out of this mess. It didn't help that in the dim light that she had inside, she slowly realized that she too now cast no shadow...

Rolls

Last edited by Hundur; 06-02-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread