RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 04:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1511
gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude
Kaeyong Abbey and its Woes

Game NameHaeyong Abbey and its Woes

Game SystemFor this game I will be using the pathfinder playtest 1.6 amended rules

ThemeA murder mystery and a quick jaunt down to the local Ye olde dungeon. If interest between the players and then they and myself keep up then we can work on… installments, or whatever else you it is want to call them, of other one shot dungeons.

Flavourslower paced heavy rp

The SettingHome-brew world, not really gonna focus on the bigger picture of it all, just the town, the npc you interact with and of course your adventure. Will say this though, I’ll be using the pathfinder playtest gods only, as that's all I have atm (and I kinda like the do’s and don’ts list they give ya)

To tell a tale…
Once long ago a village grew up along an ancient forest and within this verdant forest resided an equally ancient shrine, a shrine dedicated to the old ways and the religions, but this story won’t be focusing upon the shrine, nor its forest home. No, no, this tale will instead focus upon the village in a time when it was young and new. It shall focus upon its woes and those who would rise up to defend it.

As the tale goes, Haeyong, was founded by a sole individual, born from his imagination after he had had grown tired and weary of traveling the long and winding roads of dust and ash that lead from the various farms connecting them to one another and the kingdom in which they hailed from far, far away…

At first he merely slept at a knot of these roads, a nexus if you will, but eventually he made a camp and fire pit, then a house and home and finally as his life wound down he made an inn so that others might rest and find peace as well. From there the village took on a life of its own. First to come was a collection of granaries and their siloes to store the famer’s work, then a bakery, and then a brewery. Next to come was the stable yards and with it the smithy. Last to come where the predators, the users of hard work… the butcher, the tavern and the general store. And, thus the village and spirit of Haeyong was born.

But the fledgling village wasn’t ignored however, the kingdom which was its parent, mentor and guardian built an Abbey. This abbey, which took on the village’s name, was to be the kingdom’s last bastion of civilization, hope and morality against the encroaching wilds and the dangers that came with them…

Posting rateI’ll do my best to post every day, multiple times if it calls for it, but let’s get real, work can suck and home life might get in the way so there may be a day or two in which I won’t be able to post and although I’ll apologies for it now I’ll not be able to help it. If I know ahead of time of any clearance I might need I’ll let you guys know as soon as I do. Also while in this vein of thought, I will mention here that I normally won’t be able to post on Sundays as this is my irl game day and we play for darn near ten hours before calling it a night.

As for you guys I expect a post every other day or so, not once a week cause your character “was waiting for excuse X” or worse “my character didn’t have anything to add” if anything to let us know if you’re alright and haven’t decided to dive off the edge of the planet or something.

What I'm looking for in playersNow, you see I’m… odd when I make my selections. You see it’s not really me making the selections, it’s you my players that’ll ultimately make the decision. What I mean by that is, yes I could just pluck the four best built characters out of the bunch, but that doesn’t do anybody any good really.

My task to you is simple, build your own connections between yourselves and I’ll build the party out of those who have the strongest connections in my opinion. Yes, that means you’ll have to check in as long as the advert is running and work with other players in order to make these connections, but think of it like this: this will be your rp example not only to me but your other players… It will also help you get a taste of your character so you can adjust it as your feel it developing… it also lets me weed out those I don’t think will mesh with myself or the general party so be warned on making those “edgelords” and being “that guy” to quote the memes.

General idea to run with: you’re a fresh faced adventure that’s come to the Haeyong abbey, well more precisely its tavern, for whatever your reason is. I’ll say go ahead and write a quick background up and I’ll help by poking it here and there as I can, but beyond the basics I’ll not probe and you’ll won’t have to share it unless you want to… just remember that junk about making connections and edgelords and such.

Changes to game mechanicsI’ve Added 2 skills;

Insight: your characters ability to see the motives of those around you
Investigation: Whereas perception is a general look and see skill, investigation will be its twin in that you’ll use this skill to poke and prod around to find things. I.E.: your perception will allow you to see that something is off over there in the corner, but your investigation will let you find out that it was the slightly raised tile in the floor that alerted you to the trap and its trigger (the pressure plate under the tile of course).

Applications
Name:
Race:
Class:
Short description:
And... why would your character come to a wayward village with around 100 people if you include the surrounding farms.

Applicants and their Characters to date
Jaling: TinderTender
Suburbanplankton: Kezz
Pumpkinhead11: Oya Nightingale
Jim Faindel: Sylvia

Application closed, thank you

Last edited by gnollservitude; 06-05-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
Jaling Jaling Jaling Jaling Jaling Jaling Jaling Jaling
I know goblins being a standard race for PF 2e has been a touchy subject for some, but I wrote up a character that's a goblin paladin of Iomedae as a RP challenge for myself I've been looking to play. I hope you don't mind.

For other players looking for possible ties, you worship Iomedae? You have a loyal friend. Maybe they're from the same temple?

Character SubmissionName: TinderTender
Race: Goblin
Class: Paladin
Short Description: Short in stature, as one would expect, TinderTender is not the sickly green many goblins are. Horrible burns callous most of his body, forcing him to keep it covered while in public. Beady red eyes are inquisitive, his grin warm and toothy. Overall, his visage may be off-putting to most, but if given a chance, they will find that he is quite well mannered and has a heart as big as his appetite.

Background: One night a goblin thief had a nightmare that he saw a shiny sword and looked at it longingly until he went blind reaching for it. In his dream he shouted "Me no steal shiny! We deal! I see! I no take shiny!" and got his sight back, only when he did, he saw the home the sword was in was engulfed in flames and very quickly, so was he.

Later that night, the big boss took them to a hill overlooking a small town and pointed out their target. Stores of food were in a building marked with a shiny sword. While looking on, the light in the town reflected off the sword brilliantly and hurt the little goblin thief's eyes. Remembering his vivid nightmare, he warned the big boss that they shouldn't raid it, but in their argument, the little goblin thief was chased off.

Being the superstitious sort, the little goblin thief was worried if others stole the sword that he might be blinded as well as them anyways. So he set out to warn the villagers of the coming raid. Only no one would listen to a goblin. Most chased him off with intent to harm him had he not fled.

By the time he stopped fleeing and hiding, it was time for the raid. The little goblin thief knew only he would listen to himself and made for the building with only a makeshift torch in hand, having accidentally dropped his dogslicer while running from the mangy beast it was named after earlier that night.

Sneaking into the building, the little goblin thief discovered the cache of food for what it was. At least a dozen delicious human children no larger than he.

When the goblin raiding party broke through the doors, the little goblin thief screamed and flailed to wake the children up and rushed them out the back, holding the goblin raider off by wildly swinging his torch about. Inadvertently igniting pews and drapes as he went.

Eventually the building was engulfed in flames and with the food having escaped, the raiding party retreated. Leaving the little goblin thief trapped in the building as it burned around him.

When the little goblin came to, he realized he had been treated by the clerics of the shiny sword for saving the children at the expense of severe burns and scars. When he told the longshanks of the dream, they told him it was a blessing he had been there or the children wouldn't have been able to escape. In reward they nursed him to health with much food and a handful of shiny coin.

Following the shiny goddess hurts, but it rewards with much food and shiny coin. To that, he took up a new name, TinderTender. Because the illustration of the flame tender's duties was shone with a tindertwig, and the little goblin thief was distracted and misunderstood.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude
Hello Jaling and you are more than welcome to play a goblin, would you like to do some light rp while we wit for others?
Old 05-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sure! You thinking in this thread or somewhere else?
Old 05-26-2019, 02:25 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 938
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
I'm definitely interested! I downloaded the playtest rules when they were first released, but haven't had the chance to play them at all. I'll grab the update and get something together by the end of the day
Old 05-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Meschie
I am also interested in the playtest rules. It does appear from a cursory readthrough that they borrow some (good) aspects from D&D 5e.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:46 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 938
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
Well, that wasn't too hard. I've never played an alchemist before, but when I saw the 'Barkeep' background, I couldn't resist...

Kezzinwallter
Name: Kezzinwallter (Kezz)
Race: Gnome
Background: Barkeep
Class: Alchemist

Short Description:
Kezz is a veritable giant - for a gnome, that is. Standing over three and a half feet tall, and weighing nearly 50 pounds, he towers over his kinsmen. Shocking pink hair splays out in all directions from the top his head, his moustache and beard framing his face to complete the look. As is typical of his kind, Kezz is a never-ending whirlwind of activity: always exploring, investigating, experimenting, never content with the status quo, but always searching for new knowledge and experiences.

Kezz always enjoyed 'new things'. He particularly fancied new foods and drinks; creating teas and tinctures from the herbs and flowers around his home, and baking spices and seasonings from around the world into his breads and pies. When the former proprietor of the local tavern retired, it seemed only natural for him to assume ownership. Kezz never seemed more at home that standing atop his stool behind the bar, mixing drinks for his patrons.

Through his network of suppliers and traders, Kezz had access to all manner of herbs, spices, and other foodstuffs, along with many other ingredients useful in a variety of other disciplines. his natural curiosity compelled him to experiment with these exotic components; soon he was spending as much time in the makeshift lab beneath the tavern brewing concoctions, as he did brewing beer for his patrons upstairs. Unfortunately, after three or four 'incidents' caused by the mixing up of the results of his brews - one involving the mayor's wife - Kezz found that he was no longer welcome in the town.

Fresh out of a job, and with limited prospects in front of him, Kezz decided to seek his fortune elsewhere. He was able to sell the tavern for a fair price, so he looked upon his new circumstance as an adventure; a chance to explore some of the world before he settled down somewhere else. When he arrived in Haeyong, after a couple months of mostly-leisurely travel, he almost immediately fell in love. The village reminded him much of home, but rather a bit smaller and more 'homey'. The tavern was warm and inviting, the beer of surprisingly good quality considering the remoteness of the location...and there didn't appear to be an apothecary anywhere in town ...

Last edited by suburbanplankton; 05-29-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@ Jaling: here for now if you don't mind, before we begin could i get a short discription of what your wearing and how you are enering the town?

@ suburbanplankton: lol and so you did ^^
quick question(s): Kezz seems pretty happy at his tavern, what would cause him to close it up, or install a general manager, so that he could come to an wilderness outpost? Just a general warning for game mechanic purposes you'll have to visit your tavern once a month to deal with any problems that might have come up (rules coming from the ultimate campaign rulebook if want to look em up)

@ Meschie: when you're ready come on in ^^
Me and my buddies here at home have been playing it since... march...? when first came out anyway ^^ if feels like a good mix of 3.5/5e mixed with 4th edition, things feel alot like the older/newer editions but have the high customization that came with 4th. What we find interesting is the action economy and what we kinda frown at is that some of the classes (as of 1.6 anyway) are unbalanced Alchemist/barbarian and ranger being on the low end and cleric/fighter/rogue being on the high.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:03 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
Hello. Posting for interest.

Character SubmissionName: Oya Nightingale

Race: Human (Half-Elf)

Background: Animal Whisperer

Class: Druid (Storm Order)

Short description: With the Elven blood running thick, Oya displays the otherworldly features with brightly colored eyes, sharpened ears and a height rivaling most men in the town. Growing up with the spontaneous attention span of her human heritage, others often her wandering into the wilderness; and when coupled with longevity of her elven nature it tends to take a few days before she usually returns to town.

She naturally grew an affinity for wildlife and has found a use for this talent in helping the farmers and breeders care for their stock. Though some find themselves hesitant to approach her casually as her mixed heritage causes her to flip between quite and reserved to outgoing and childish at times with little warning.

Content with staying on the fringes of society she continues to learn from nature and the animals, and gives what she can in return as a sign of respect and appreciation.

Last edited by Pumpkinhead11; 05-28-2019 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Meschie
What is the starting level?
Old 05-28-2019, 03:28 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3386
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
I have been tempted to try the revised PF rules for a while now, and I do love me a good mystery.

I'd like to play a rogue, and maybe he could be an old friend from when TinderTender was still just a little goblin thief, should @Jaling be interested in making that connection.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@ Pumpkinhead11: welcome aboard bud
@ Meschie: Stating level will be 1st level
@ Jim Faindel: Sounds good to me but i'll wait till Jaling give an okay or not

@ all: Don't forget to start talking to each other and making connections with one another, try to flesh out how you're going to rp your character by bouncing it off of others or myself, always willing so don't be afraid to ask, the worst i'll do is make recommendations or point out mechanical flaws

if you need stimuli just rp as if your entering either the inn or tavern and i'll pick ya up there ^^
Old 05-28-2019, 05:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Jim - Works for me! I’m using the goblin background from the Doomsday Dawn if you haven’t seen that one yet

@gnollservitude - will send you something here a bit later
Old 05-28-2019, 06:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 05-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
@ Suburbanplankton - Oya and Kezz can know each other from being him a local barkeeper/bartender and running the apothecary.