User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
The Silver Guardians

Game NameThe Silver Guardians
Game SystemMutants and Masterminds
ThemeModern Super Heroes
FlavourMix of Serious and Light-Hearted
Plot SummaryEpisodic game spanning several story arcs, from local to international, galactic, and temporal. Typical fare for world-travelling super heroes.

The Silver Guardians are recruiting for a new regional headquarters branch in Babylon City, Oregon. The recruitment drive is private, and is suspected to have a national scope. All new heroes with varying abilities are welcome to apply, and all will be given fair consideration.

However, since this is a team, prospective members are expected to cooperate in the group, share responsibilities, and contribute to the welfare of the team and organization.

To all soon-to-be-new member: We welcome you to The Silver Guardians.

Present Recruitment DriveHello,

Here's the situation: two of the five original players have moved on other pursuits, either by preference or REAL LIFE vortices that have made them vanish into the ethers of disconnectedness.

I am looking for one or two replacement characters to add to the the continuing storyline.

Please be advised that REAL LIFE is also having its way with me. The posting rate of this game is moderate: at best 3 posts a week, at slowest 1. The occasional off week is possible depending on work and family concerns. At the moment the game is sort-of just starting. The primary and secondary story arcs have been opened, but development into them is still forthcoming.

I aim to keep good communication with the players if I cannot post on time, but occasionally I may do it late.

I am open to players new to the system as well as experienced players.

Basic PremisesGame System: Mutants & Masterminds, 3rd Edition, by the book.

Rules Variations: Homebrew game with minor adjustment to plot-breaking powers. Check link below for more details.

Power Level: 9

Story Tone/Feel: Modern Superheroes in an advanced world 5 years into the future. Four color positive protagonist theme with a mix between serious and lighthearted situations.

You can find the primary information here: Silver Guardians Game Intro.

Please poke around the existing Game Board for additional information and background, as well review the first and second issues, if you feel so inclined.

Present Possibilities and ConceptsUpdate: The submission window is now closed as of 10:00 PM Monday, 6/3/2019. Thank You Everyone!

Player Character Name Status
Runetide Batallion Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
Runetide Silver Seraphim Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
SalmonMax Fulcrum Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
SalmonMax Chimera Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
Chubbyninja29 Dr. D.A.N. Concept Complete
Superstrength79 Undefined Considering ideas
Verdant Glitter Wolfie Character Sticking to her guns!
Hiruma Kohaku Medic Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
Sirviantis Considering options
AlphaZ The Insider Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
AlphaZ Paladin Concept Complete, Sheet Complete
Draidden Titan Concept Complete, Sheet needs review
PalladiaMors Interest Pending
Golani Thresher Concept Complete, Sheet Complete

Time to work on the feedback, for those who have requested it, a selection of characters, and then any possible mechanics that may need to be addressed.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash

Last edited by MrKinister; 06-04-2019 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:04 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 769
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Ooooh! Which edition of M&M is this? I'm interested!

okay MM3. I'll give the forum a look-see and work on a character! Is everyone still PL 9?

Last edited by Runetide; 05-31-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:36 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 125
SalmonMax SalmonMax
What kind of general 'archetypes' are currently represented in the roster?
Old 05-31-2019, 01:37 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, while the game's been around for many months, the pace has been moderate and story is still evolving. Two Experience Points have been granted, with the second story issue soon to be concluded, for a third Experience Point.

So, PL 9 is still the entry point for new players.

Feel free to look around and see if the style is to your liking. =)

Last edited by MrKinister; 05-31-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:39 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
What kind of general 'archetypes' are currently represented in the roster?
We currently have a speedster, and two mystic energy projectors.

But don't let that consideration sway you. Bring whatever you feel you'll enjoy in the game.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax
Yep yep, just trying to impose some structure on the massive panoply of my ideas.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 697
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
I created a character a while back that was the child of a forgotten villain. The villain was a scientist that worked for the Axis Powers as a researcher into nonlethal weaponry who created, through a combination of micro, radio, and ethro(wave that certain psychic superpowers operate on)waves, a weapon that could effect the emotional state of a target.

After discovering their grandmothers dark secret, the hero took up her old armaments and costume and decided to make use of them for good and justice. Would love to play him again but I would have to recreate his sheet. His name was Dr. D.A.N. but his grandmother was known as Dr. Depresso.

D.A.N. stands for the side effects of the tech he used. Depression, Anxiety, and Nausea.

His outfit was my favorite part because he kept getting arrested as everyone beyond his team kept thinking he was a villain.

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 05-31-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:56 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
That is an unusual set of powers, but sure. Borrowing a term from an old video game that has recently resurfaced, this sounds like a "Controller".

However, the Silver Guardians are a Public Relations-conscious organization. In order to be extended an invitation, you have to keep your image well. You may still be extended an invitation as a provisional member (without the benefits and perks of a full membership) if your abilities are able to contribute to the organization.

Dr. D.A.N. would have to, at the least, change his looks in order to be considered. No more "getting arrested" by the mere "miss-perception of evil intent". =)

And... during formal or ceremonial, and occasional team-centered, activities, there are Silver Guardian colors and uniforms which all members are expected to wear. Something to consider. =)

Old 05-31-2019, 03:02 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax
Does membership in the Silver Guardians preclude other kinds of organizations, like owning a business or anything? Does it come with wages or is it more of a 'club' type deal?
Old 05-31-2019, 03:09 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 697
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Would this look suffice or does he need like an X-men suit?

Old 05-31-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1311
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
I haven't played since 1st Edition. 3rd Edition looks to be vastly different.

I'd be interested in applying if you wouldn't mind smoothing over the differences of the two systems with me.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:32 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Character Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Jack Green

Hero Alias: Battalion

Hero Origin: Technological

Battle Type: Striker/Tank

Biography: Jack Green was a sailor in the US Navy, serving as his father and his father's father before him. He served with distinction, and when he had suffered near-fatal injuries during an operation abroad, he was brought home a crippled veteran. However, his family pulled some strings and had him put in the forefront of an experimental treatment that was supposed to enable the body to accept implants and cybernetics with 0% chance of rejection. The experiment worked on him, and he was able to contract with some retired military engineers to fabricate prosthetics for him. Still feeling his duty to the people was not complete, he became the hero Battalion, using his combat skills and training with a superhero flair to save the day and keep the people safe.

Strengths: Battalion is tough and mobile, a decent scrapper with hand to hand combat and at range, and has above average information gathering ability.

Weaknesses: He's got a disciplined mind but has no training or experience dealing with mind-affecting abilities, so his defenses on the mental front are low. His combat experience doesn't help with crime-fighting or problem solving so he's still learning some of the ropes.

Notes:The character art is actually one that I commissioned for this hero a couple of years ago! Unfortunately the game I had built him for had gone in a completely different direction like a month after the art was finished, so I'm glad to have an opportunity to use him here!
Stat BlockBattalion - PL 9
Strength 6, Stamina 8, Agility 3, Dexterity 6, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 0
Advantages
Diehard, Evasion, Fearless, Move-by Action, Power Attack
Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+12), Expertise: Cybernetics 3 (+4), Perception 6 (+6), Ranged Combat 2 (+8), Technology 4 (+5)
Powers
3D Mobility Tech: Movement 3 (technological, Safe Fall, Swinging, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank, Advantages: Evasion, Move-by Action; Noticeable: Cybernetic pods that pop out of his thighs.)
Armored Supersuit: Protection 4 (Removable, +4 Toughness; Impervious)
Auto-Repair: Regeneration 1 (technological, Every 10 rounds; Persistent)
Communication Suite: Radio Communication 3 (technological; Rapid, Subtle: encrypted)
Cyber Legs
. . Leaping: Leaping 3 (technological, Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . Speed: Speed 3 (technological, Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Cyber-Eye: Senses 5 (technological, Counters Concealment: Smoke, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio)
Cyber-Plating: Impervious Toughness 12 (technological; Noticeable: Camo-Print Plating)
Interface Jack: Comprehend 2 (technological, Machines / Electronics; Broad Type: Computer Systems)
Support Systems: Immunity 4 (Poison, Sleep, Suffocation (All); Limited - Half Effect)
Translation Matrix: Comprehend 2 (technological, Languages - Read All, Languages - Understand All; Limited: Doesn't work on mystical languages)
Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 21)
Complications
Motivation: Responsibility: Battalion grew up in a family of military servicemen and women, and carries that tradition of service and responsibility. He does heroics now that he's out of the military through that desire to still help the common man.
Power Loss: Weekly Recharge: Battalion must spend 12 hours charging each week or his combat abilities shut down, and he is down to basic life support functions.
Languages
English
Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 4, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12, Will 8
Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 54 + Advantages 3 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 135

Last edited by Runetide; 06-01-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyninja29 View Post
Would this look suffice or does he need like an X-men suit?

This would suffice. For formal occasions he would have a suit with the team's colors tailored for him. Otherwise he may dress freely while looking "good". =)

Old 05-31-2019, 05:13 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I haven't played since 1st Edition. 3rd Edition looks to be vastly different.

I'd be interested in applying if you wouldn't mind smoothing over the differences of the two systems with me.
I have never played 1st Edition. But the 3rd Edition seems easy to grasp to me, and is relatively less crunchy than other similar heroic games out there.

Why don't you start with a concept and we'll work from there.

You are going to need a copy of the game. Do you have a PDF or a physical book?

Old 05-31-2019, 05:14 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
You can also Use this link to access the SRD for the mm3 system!