Old 06-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I haven't played since 1st Edition. 3rd Edition looks to be vastly different.

I'd be interested in applying if you wouldn't mind smoothing over the differences of the two systems with me.
SuperStrength,

How are things with you? Does the 3rd Edition makes sense yet? (I am assuming you've spent some time on the public documents on the linked site.)

Just checking in.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Old 06-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 679
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Mr Kinister, alright...do you have an opinion about which of these two concepts...Fulcrum and Chimera...you're more interested in?

I like 'em both to pieces, which is, of course, the cop-out response.

Renata's kinda surly, but with a big heart. Kia is just bubbly and effervescent. I think both have good powersets. Both characters have some skeletons in the closet; some secrets and/or baggage from the past. Both are looking to the Silver Guardians as a way of trying to forge a new and better path forward.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
... empty ...
Hmm... don't see anything here. Was there something supposed to go here?

Last edited by MrKinister; 06-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Runetide

Same with you, Runetide, there's a post, but no content. Did I miss something?

Old 06-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Mr Kinister, alright...do you have an opinion about which of these two concepts...Fulcrum and Chimera...you're more interested in?

I like 'em both to pieces, which is, of course, the cop-out response.

Renata's kinda surly, but with a big heart. Kia is just bubbly and effervescent. I think both have good powersets. Both characters have some skeletons in the closet; some secrets and/or baggage from the past. Both are looking to the Silver Guardians as a way of trying to forge a new and better path forward.
They are both good and workable concepts.

I will punt this decision back to you. =D

Old 06-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
@MrKinister- Sorry, I was whispering to Runetide (& they to me) about their character. Don't worry, we're keeping it friendly.

You saw my application before that though right?

Last edited by AlphaZ; 06-01-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
I have to admit that without a clear means of communication, getting actions coordinated might be difficult.

If you can show me a bit of how she normally operates I might be able to understand her better.

Is she all wolfed-out all the time? (her natural state?), or only when she needs to be aggressive?

She is always wolfed-out, hahah I like that term, yes. The character concept is actually from my old City of Heroes/Villains character (Super Strength/Invincibility Brute, fun times,) who is an errant hound of the Wild Hunt. Being a pack animal, she does work well with others and takes orders well, she just doesn't give them easily (unless you count barking, howling, or growling as effective orders!) I could tweak up her old app and post it, let you read over it and see if she'd fit, if that'd just be an easier way to gauge if she'd work in the setting? :3
Old 06-02-2019, 12:33 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
@MrKinister- Sorry, I was whispering to Runetide (& they to me) about their character. Don't worry, we're keeping it friendly.

You saw my application before that though right?
Oh, ok... all good then. I thought I may have missed something.

Yes, your character idea is very nice. =)

Old 06-02-2019, 03:30 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, going to go with Renata. I think there's much more interesting RP to be done with her.

I think what would be really cool is if Renata starts off as that sort of 'associate' status rather than a full fledged teammate. This means she has some hard choices to make, and a shorter term goal.

On the one hand, this is pretty big time here, the Silver Guardians. If she can make it here, she's made it to the big leagues. This is a big chance to get the independence and recognition she's always wanted.

On the other hand there are some risks and sacrifices that'll be taken. There'll be a lot of attention on her, and a lot of pressure. Does she think she can live up to that? How is her very political family going to deal with all this and how will that affect her? She won't get to try to have her cake and eat it too anymore either, living a mostly normal life with occasional supering.

As a player, clearly my goal is to have her join fer realz, but I feel like those conundrums make for much better RP opportunities than Kia, who has no real conflict or reservations about the whole thing.

So yeah. I'll adjust her backstory a little. I'm thinking she was doing her little patrolly thing and stumbled over a supercrime in progress. She managed to hold the villains off but was being overpowered with the Guardians showed up and put a swift end to it. That performance was enough to get her a toe in the door, and after some further work and training got this associate status. I'll also touch up her sheet to clean up some of the 'for effect' stuff I'd thrown in previously that gave a distorted image of how I am intending to RP her.

My sense is that it's still kind of 'part time' heroing, so she could still be going to school and perhaps not have her real identity released at that time (correct me if I'm wrong, it's not a dealbreaker if so), so it's a safe baby-step for her that she can still back out of without much repercussion...and of course the Guardians can assess her on any number of things and still walk away if they decide she's not photogenic enough.

Sound good?
Old 06-02-2019, 10:26 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16209
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Hey,

The Mister asked about checking in and seeing about possibly establishing character relationships. Thought I'd at least let you know what you're dealing with. I'll let the other two talk about theirs but they're a teenage girl with lovecraftian powers and an armored speedster type, ask them for more on their characters.

My character is Tommy Santos AKA Wildcard. Not to long ago he was a thief, con-artist, womanizer, scoundrel, and most importantly a card-shark that lived in Babylon City's own Hart Avenue also known as 'Heartbreak' for the usual low-income and high-crime rates of the residents. Think something like Hell's Kitchen.

However a deal-making Demon started targetting residents of Hart Avenue to which Tommy did a good deed for once and won his surviving neighbors back their souls in a demonic Poker game. In retaliation a demonic set of playing cards was bonded to his skin, and he claims to his mind and soul as well. Now he's trying to learn how to be a good person, because he's scared sh!tless of what will happen when he does if he's still considered bad.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hey there.

One possibility for my character would be that Wildcard could have been one of the Guardians who answered the call to deal with a supervillain problem down by the university that Fulcrum (my character) was currently in the process of trying to stop. You'd have then been instrumental in seeing my character as Guardian potential herself.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:40 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16209
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
How recently was this? Because Wildcard's very new to the whole 'having powers and trying to be a good guy' thing. Possibly 'only have had his powers for a few days' new.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 06-02-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ah! Well I figure it'd be rather recent, but possibly not 'a few days' recent.

Though Fulcrum would be a contingent member most likely, to start with so her joining could potentially be recent as well. Would need to check with the GM on how fast that kind of thing can happen.