RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Ah, my favorite game. Glad it is back online. I was working on a heroic brute Dual Blades/Regeneration yesterday. =)

Ok, if she is always "wolfed-out" that will make things difficult. I would recommend her remaining in her normal human form, and going "wolfie" only when she needs it. Sort of a controlled "Hulk" transformation. Everything else can remain the same.

Is that amenable to you?
RIGHT? I nearly called off work a few days to play when it first came back up, hahah. It's been such a hoot playing through Paragon City story-arcs again! And man there's been a loooot of updates since the last time I had played when the game was live. SS/Inv Brute on Everlasting, woot~

And - Weeell, she doesn't have a human form, is the thing! She literally is a bignormous wolf monster, hahah. It's cool if she's not a fit, but I always found the difficulty in social interactions and overcoming it part of the fun, but then I'm a strange one when it comes to RP characters and what-not. :3
Old 06-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
I'd looked over your profiles, though I hadn't noticed blitz was also an inventor. I hope that's not an issue.
I had been thinking about applying with a character I call Paladin, but after seeing Wildcard and Eclipse I was like "mmmm maybe not".

As for Insider, he was discharged from the US military under classified circumstances. After reading Longarm's bio again it's plausible that Insider worked on that project. He's a renowned technologist after all, and it would explain why he was discharged and why it's all classified.
I would suggest that you not worry about the possibilities of "thematic overlap". Present the character you'd like to play. Unless you are specifically looking at focusing on one particular idea, everyone can contribute. Personally, I don't pay too much attention to the power composition of the party regarding thematic design. I only use it to ascertain what kind of situations would make good challenges for everyone's powersets and skills.

Longarm has unfortunately been recalled due to Real Life considerations, as well as Phoenix. You won't be stepping on their toes. And Blitz is more focused on his speed than his inventions, so I suspect you won't have to worry much about it.

There is a very remote chance that Longarm's player may return to the game. That door is always open for him. But I suspect it is, at best, remote.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Blitz was my only overlap concern. Paladin, being a holy warrior, may not have played well with others.
Anyway I'm happy with my submission.

And yeah, I see that Longarm's player is out for the year. I didn't even see Phoenix in the roster. But if Longarm does return it would be interesting to see how that plays out since Insider would remember him but not visa versa.

Last edited by AlphaZ; 06-02-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, Paladin and Wildcard would have made for a lot of "holy book"-thumping. =)

It might be an interesting RP point in the story, but it would depend on Paladin's perspective, and how open he would be to working side by side with someone attached to demonic powers. Having said all that, it would give Paladin plenty of demonic targets to focus his "smiting" on, seeing as Wildcard still has some unresolved issues with them.

(Muahahahahahah...)

Oh, sorry, did I laugh out loud?

Old 06-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 629
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
This might be a fun time to mention Renata was brought up Catholic (though she's not what I'd call a devoutly religious person), hehehe.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
Draidden Draidden Draidden
Titan

I am new to M&M. As a matter of fact I just got the Players Handbook early yesterday and am still working on background and such. But I will post what I have. Especially so if I messed up it can be corrected and I learn what I did wrong. Any ideas or suggestion on background would be appreciated. Still working on it. Sorry for the messy post. I can't find that forum that tells me how to format this better.

left-aligned image

Last edited by Draidden; 06-07-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
And yeah, I see that Longarm's player is out for the year.
Phoenix's character sheet was moved to the "Retired" thread. It looks like he's out for good.

I was not aware of Avner's saying he was out for that long. I only remember him saying he was going to be busy for the Christmas season, and then things got silent. I haven't observed anything else. Did he announce something more?

Old 06-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ha! True, true, but I'm just afraid she'd end up smiting Eclipse and Wildcard themselves. She has Favored Enemy: extradimensional evil, and they both seem to be powered by such...

But she would put a better face on the whole team.
I can share the character when I get back to my computer if you like.
Reformed master thief turned holy crusader, fights with a shield and javelin, bears blessed armor, and has an array of holy auras that buff allies within 30ft.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I was not aware of Avner's saying he was out for that long. I only remember him saying he was going to be busy for the Christmas season, and then things got silent. I haven't observed anything else. Did he announce something more?
Oh no I just misunderstood his signature line.
So I guess that's that then.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
I am new to M&M. As a matter of fact I just got the Players Handbook early yesterday and am still working on background and such. But I will post what I have. Especially so if I messed up it can be corrected and I learn what I did wrong. Any ideas or suggestion on background would be appreciated. Still working on it.

[sblock=Power buying details]
Strength: 4 (-8 pts)
Stamina: 4 (-8 pts)
Agility: 1 (-2 pts)
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 6 (-12 pts)
Intellect: -1 (+2 pts)
Awareness: 1 (-2 pts)
Presence: 1 (-2 pts)
Interesting. You are running a point total against the 135 points you have available. It threw me for a loop there for about 10 minutes. I get it now. I'll have a chance to review this a bit later today.

Right now I will need to get ready. I need to head out to help someone with their cats. I will be back in the later afternoon.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 629
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Any thoughts on when you plan to close recruitment and choose new members?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13255
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I've been tossing around a few ideas but can't really make up my mind, just throwing an interest check out there.

And also have been playing CoH a lot lately. Earlier today I spent considerable time as The Costume Critic, an ordinary guy in a suit, walking around Lady Liberty and insulting people's costumes while holding up the numbered judge cards. That's what I always loved about that game, you could spend so much time doing stupid things and just having fun.

"Oh, another Dr. Strange. And you forgot the mustache, deplorable. I give it a three."

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 06-02-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
Draidden Draidden Draidden
Quote:
Interesting. You are running a point total against the 135 points you have available. It threw me for a loop there for about 10 minutes. I get it now. I'll have a chance to review this a bit later today.

Right now I will need to get ready. I need to head out to help someone with their cats. I will be back in the later afternoon.
Yeah. I did not see any other way to make a lvl 9 character. I actually used the random powers section for Powerhouse and then removed a few things to get down to lvl 9. Took me a while to figure out a couple of the power it gave me and how it got that point total. And then there were a couple options that I chose instead of rolling because I really liked the look of them.

I added a picture. Not overly happy with the head but it gives a good idea of what I have in mind.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Tactical Penguin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
GOLANI
Hi!

Long time lurker here, but this game looks good and I would like to offer up a character. I'm trying to keep the background a bit vague for maximum flexibility, but I can go deeper if needed.

Hero Alias: Thresher

Hero Origin: Atlantean

Battle Type: unarmed and weapon based melee

Biography: Lorena came to the surface world as part of an effort by her aunt, the Queen of Atlantis, to build better relations with the air breathers. A member of the Royal family, but not in the direct line of succession, it was felt that Lorena would be the best choice for this effort. Lorena had long expressed curiosity about the surface world after making contact with a number of surface dwellers who needed rescuing or protection.

Now 26, Lorena has spent six years in the surface world, including 4 years in university studying ecology and biology. She has grown acclimated to this new world, though there are a number of things that still amaze, or confuse (or anger) her.

Strengths: In addition to her ability to fully function underwater, Lorena is highly skilled in the arts of armed and unarmed combat, based on years of combat training. Lorena was also taught the arts of court behavior and diplomacy, giving her the skills to operate and navigate most social situations with ease.

Weaknesses: Lorena is still a representative of Atlantis, and is subject to all the responsibilities, dangers, taunts and insults from the surface world towards her kingdom. She usually weathers these gracefully. However, her temper shows when faced with ecological damage to the ocean from the surface world.

Thresher - PL 9/135
Attributes
Strength 6, Stamina 7, Agility 4, Dexterity 3, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive 1, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 1, Evasion 1, Favored Environment (Aquatic), Improved Initiative, Benefit 2: (member of Atlantean royal family) , Language 1 (Atlantean)

Equipment

Trident

Skills
Acrobatics +8 (4) Athletics +10 (4), Close Combat: Unarmed/Trident +8 (3), Ranged Combat: Trident +10 (7), Deception +2, Insight +8 (5), Intimidation +6 (5), Investigation +8 (6), Perception +10 (7), Persuasion +10 (8) Stealth +8 (4)

Powers
Aquatic Adaptation Immunity to environmental condition: cold, pressure, suffocation (drowning), Environmental adaptation, Aquatic
Swimming 120 mph
Fast Healing Regeneration 2
Trident Easily removable, Strength based Damage 2, Reach (5 ft),

Offense
Initiative +8
Grab, +7 (DC special 16)
Throw, +10 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)
Trident: Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous, Disarming +10 (DC 23)

Complications

Enemy: Being a member of the Atlantean royal family comes with both benefits and hazards. Unfortunately, this includes a number of enemies of both the kingdom and the royal family itself who would love nothing better than to cause pain and anguish by attacking, capturing or killing Lorena.

Fame: Lorena did her best to maintain a low profile while attending university, especially her royal linage. However, Lorena never hid the fact that she is Atlantean. Her openness lead to her being occasionally hounded by both well-wishers and protesters, especially now as a public hero.

Responsibility: Lorena expected to represent the interests and needs of Atlantis on the surface as one of her many Royal duties. So far these interests have not clashed with the rest of the team, but she has been taken away from time to time for official duties.

Languages
English, Atlantean

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8/7, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 17 + Advantages 11 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 135

Last edited by GOLANI; 06-02-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Any thoughts on when you plan to close recruitment and choose new members?
Considering we already have a lot of ideas, I will be closing the recruitment end of day tomorrow.