User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post

Hero Alias: Medic

Hero Origin: Multiple Army Bases across the globe

Battle Type: Healer, Defender, Inventor
Hmm... remarkable. Healing with Resurrection. Something for me to consider. And decidedly "non-violent".

Interesting character.

My mind wanders in search of good story ideas for you. All plot seeds are good. The more uncommon ideas are present, the more potential storytelling springs forth. The mere fact that posted this idea is already giving *me* more ideas. Neat. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
Sorry, I thought I had subscribed to this thread (so didn't see a response). I have the PDF of 3rd edition.

Thinking of something along the lines of:

- Mr. Fantastic clone (so a hero with enlongation powers)

- Time powers w/ healing potential (uses time control to reverse damage)

- Cybernetic ninja (based on the character someone played in a game that I ran)
All good and possible options.

Present an idea before end of day today to be included. It doesn't have to have a completed character sheet, just a concept we can work with (Name, Personality, Background/History, Strengths and Weaknesses, and Comprehensive Powers Concepts). Mechanics can be done after the fact. That's actually the easy part.

Keep us posted. =)

Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Since we've discussed some changes/clarifications for Fulcrum, would you like me to resubmit, or are you okay with using the current submission?

The mechanics aren't changing, if that helps.
Now that I understand your intentions for her beyond the description of her past history (which I clearly misunderstood before), I think she's fine. Unless you wish to fine-tune any details, I am good with her. I have to admit that I only skimmed her powers, so I may have to pay much closer attention afterwards.

But the key goals I am trying to meet at the moment are good ideas that will meld well with the existing team and the direction of the Silver Guardians. Bonuses are backstory that adds intriguing story-telling potential, and possibly good character personality matches.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Got there one post before ya. Great minds think alike lol.
Hah! I suspected you two might have to hash this one out. =)

Old 06-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
SalmonMax SalmonMax
Okay sounds good then. Her powers are pretty straightforward as far as that goes. Your basic Move Object, an Affliction that's written as 'choke' but could just as easily be a sort of full-body TK 'grapple' that immobilizes folks, a few ranged attacks that constitute different kinds of throwing objects (that couldn't be done using Move Object) a kind of cool 'telekinetic barrier' defense, and then your basic defense and mobility enhancements.

Fulcrum is pretty 'vanilla' in terms of powers. A sort of semi-bricky 'blaster' archetype. Loads of ranged attacks and options, pretty good toughness. Somewhat limited, but serviceable, mobility.

Lots of potential for development, since her TK is in an array. Easy to pick up new techniques as they're RPed.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Okay sounds good then. Her powers are pretty straightforward as far as that goes. Your basic Move Object, an Affliction that's written as 'choke' but could just as easily be a sort of full-body TK 'grapple' that immobilizes folks, a few ranged attacks that constitute different kinds of throwing objects (that couldn't be done using Move Object) a kind of cool 'telekinetic barrier' defense, and then your basic defense and mobility enhancements.

Fulcrum is pretty 'vanilla' in terms of powers. A sort of semi-bricky 'blaster' archetype. Loads of ranged attacks and options, pretty good toughness. Somewhat limited, but serviceable, mobility.

Lots of potential for development, since her TK is in an array. Easy to pick up new techniques as they're RPed.
I agree. A lot of growth potential. =)

Old 06-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, I've updated the Applicant list with the ideas and concepts I have seen so far. This is in the main ad post, the first one.

At this point we have a lot of good ideas. Looking forward to new possibilities. =)

Old 06-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
My entry just needs to be updated to “Concept Complete, Sheet Complete” unless you have any questions or suggestions for my character.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Hello new boys and girls if anyone wants their character to know Blitz just message me. Especially the sexy Atlantean LOL.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
SalmonMax SalmonMax
What, no love for the irate telekinetic?

Probably for the best, hehe.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12855
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I have a solid idea now. Basically a trained normal type, something like Hawkeye, who has been a member of the Silver Guardians for a while. They were captured by bad guys during the course of a mission and though rescued, it wasn't until the bad guys had done some experimentation. Now after some recovery they're ready to return, but are no longer "normal". Now their mundane weapons and training are backed by a variety of superhuman abilities that might be a bit suspect. I'll post a full writeup when I'm not on my phone.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Hello new boys and girls if anyone wants their character to know Blitz just message me. Especially the sexy Atlantean LOL.
Disclaimer:
The Silver Guardians are not responsible for the preferences of their individual members or whichever biological organs rule their decision-making.

LOL!

Last edited by MrKinister; 06-03-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
My entry just needs to be updated to “Concept Complete, Sheet Complete” unless you have any questions or suggestions for my character.
You are quite correct. That was a typo, a big one, but typo nonetheless.

Corrected.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
I have a solid idea now. Basically a trained normal type, something like Hawkeye, who has been a member of the Silver Guardians for a while. They were captured by bad guys during the course of a mission and though rescued, it wasn't until the bad guys had done some experimentation. Now after some recovery they're ready to return, but are no longer "normal". Now their mundane weapons and training are backed by a variety of superhuman abilities that might be a bit suspect. I'll post a full writeup when I'm not on my phone.
Hmm... interesting... that will give me something to chew on for a while. *chomp, chomp*

I look forward to it.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Verdant Glitter,

Any more considerations or alterations on the Garou character? Are you sticking to your guns on the "permanently inhuman and unable to speak"?