Notices

Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:46 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Shaggy Shaggy
Best "Silly" Character

What was the most ridiculous character concept (in any game) you allowed and had fun with?

For me, it was a D&D character who's race was homebrewed (basically, it was a bob-bomb) and their class was a beer domain cleric, taken from an unofficial supplement.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44088
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I was in a Shadowrun game years back where I played a SURGE character. SURGE is magical mutations that often follow a theme.

I made a cat man, mage. No red flags because I'm a huge weeb, but it took a few sessions for him to realize I'd built my character to have 8 points of edge. You can permanently lose a point of edge to avoid death.

Meaning he had 9 lives
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 08:59 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31279
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
I talked a DM into letting me play a Clod once. This was a homebrew thief kit I found online back in the days of THAC0. The idea was hilarious, but actually playing it was less fun than it seemed. With an INT of 7 and a WIS of 4, you're not one to help in the strategy talk, and while the other players started with a random magic item, I instead felt it would be more fitting for my character to have a pet sledgehammer (does 2d4 damage!).

At the first session, the only other player who could make it was playing a wizard who preferred to be invisible and whose primary language was Finnish. He spoke broken common, which he would use to stand in front of doors and insult me. My clod broke a lot of doors that session.

I got back at him when we ran into some archers and he had enough arrows in him to go unconscious. I dragged the wizard to safety by using one of the arrows sticking out of him as a convenient handle. He almost died from that.

I did find a 3.5e update that could be worked into Pathfinder if someone is looking to add a memorable NPC.

Last edited by Ytterbium; Apr 4th, 2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 08:46 AM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
TyranntX TyranntX
I've never had a chance to use this character, especially considering the state of the world right now, but I once had a concept of a Dragonborn sorcerer who would accidently cast Eldritch Blast every time he sneezed. The idea was to make him a bit of a danger to be around, not just for his enemies but for the party too. Not that he was an "incompetent caster", but all because of that "Eldritch Sneeze" of his. He was a 5e character concept that I've been thinking about scrapping since not only could I not find a good game to use him but his major drawbacks would be a bit annoying for others to deal with. Maybe I'll give him new life here some day, but for now I'll have to shelve him.
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 06:38 PM
Doors are cruel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl
One of my first was an advanced DND 2e tinkerer gnome someone helped me build. I was some kind of class who got his spells through a genie. I was a manic depressive character so I got those spells from my genie in the form of anti-depressants.
The more I cast the more manic I became. Took me one battle to be out of spells, hyped to the max, and decided to take on a dark armored figure on the hill to our right, running all the way towards him, quarterstaff swinging in circles above my head. When I got there exhausted I think he just raised his foot and crushed me under his boot.
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 05:37 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 69
Djinn and Tonic
I made of character for a World of Darkness game who was absolutely batshit. His name was the Hobo King. He was a mentally disturbed homeless man with magical powers. He wore a cardboard Burger King crown, a weaponized bindlestiff, and a magic plunger that could counterspell. He was also weirdly skilled at Parkour. In keeping with his name, the Hobo King was delusional and believed himself the leader of the local homeless population. No matter how bad a situation, he always seemed able to get out of it by the skin of his teeth. There were literally dozens of times when this character should have died, yet somehow… didn’t.

I played the character for five years. He went from being a zany individual that no one respected or took seriously, to a powerful mover and shaker in the region’s supernatural politics. 10/10 would play him again.

Last edited by Djinn and Tonic; Jun 6th, 2021 at 05:43 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2021, 01:03 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Oliverjsn
One of my current characters. Half elf boy who has a pact of the chain. He wears green and the sprite takes the ‘help’ action for the party by floating around giving worthless advice about the enemy (Vrocks are not safe to eat until they reach an internal temperature of 175 degrees. Humans need blood to stay inside of their bodies to live. Vrocks have feathers in 8 places on their body, number 4 will surprise you.)

I can tell the party is having fun with it and there have been many laughs.

We are playing Princes of the Apocalypse so spoilers.

Last edited by Oliverjsn; Sep 1st, 2021 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old Oct 12th, 2021, 03:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6577
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
I had a half orc bard with an 8 Charisma once. With no skill in Perform. (This wasn't a deliberate troll, the goal was silly PCs.)

The joke was he was such a terrible singer and lute player that people would give him coin NOT to play. Naturally his songs were incredibly dirty and inappropriate as well. He was mostly a skill and melee support guy as his spell casting was terrible. If I remember right (this was a few years ago on a different PBP site), he was even killed by another PC who couldn't stand it any longer. I didn't take offense.