twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 6th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 585
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
I'm interested. Is the type of application the same as before?
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 01:01 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21554
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
I would also take a spot in the running here.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9000
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Welcome Arjuna and PopCulture! The application process will be same as before. I thought about changing it but... after I re-read the process, I thought to myself, 'Damn, your past self was a genius: this is exactly the criteria you want now.'

I updated the first page with the most current information, so you can use it as a guide.

I've currently invited two people on the waitlist to make pitches but haven't heard back yet. So, you should start by doing part 1 of the process!
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 01:24 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Bright Halfblood
right-aligned image
Name: Shion Stanislava Omela

Race: Half-Elf

Initial Class: Aristocrat

Description and Personality: Slim and slight-built, Shion is a young half-elf with dark hair and cheerful demeanor. The only visible elven features that she has are her pointed ears and slightly different hair coloration. Other than that, she doesn't seem any different compared to an ordinary human. Her choice of outfit is made of high-quality fabrics, adorned with her family's insignia, befitting her station as a member of aristocracy. She seems to prefer the colors red and blue, as evidenced by her outfit. She is also often seen wearing sandals made of high-quality materials.

As a person, Shion is cheerful and curious, and she loves to explore everything around her. Unlike many other half-elves, Shion isn't bothered by her mixed ancestry due to her being raised lovingly by her human father and elf mother. Despite her upbringing, she can be quite rowdy due to her curiosity, and she isn't afraid to get herself dirty to satisfy her inquisitiveness. This can get her in trouble due to her being so nosy, but her curiosity also makes her empathetic towards everyone around her. She will never hesitate to help others, and she hopes that one day, she can gain enough strength so that she can be someone who can protect people around her.

Background: Born in a noble family, the circumstances behind Shion's birth were complicated. While her father, the head of the family, is a human, her mother is an elf who fell in love with her father. Such union was deemed scandalous by both humans and elves, but her parents didn't seem to mind that. From their union, Shion was born, and she was raised lovingly by both of them since her young age.

Being the member of nobility, Shion was taught a lot of things, but the thing that she was most interested in was swordfighting. She showed considerable potential in swordfighting, and she dreamed of becoming a legendary heroine one day. One day, she received a letter of invitation where she could become a student at the Academy of Heroes, which was located somewhere in the multiverse.

It took a lot of begging and asking, but she eventually managed to gain permission from her parents so that she could get enrolled into the school. She was aware of all the risks that might come from this, but seeing this as an opportunity for her to become a legendary heroine, she accepted the invitation without hesitation, knowing that she might be able to realize her dream one day.

RP Sample:

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 8th, 2021 at 05:54 AM.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 05:55 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
The application is complete now. What do you think, @dalarangreen?
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21554
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
About me? Well, I've been around the site for a while. I have a preference for games with a heavy narrative focus that allow for player buy-in on crafting the fiction. I've always got my eyes open for Pathfinder or D&D games that seem to fit this bill, as those games dominate the site. I am a fiction-first player so my grasp on the mechanics of games like PF isn't as solid as my ability to tell a good story within those mechanics, but I've done a lot of PF in my day so I'd say I am decent enough with the fiddly bits and numbers.

The primary draws for me to this game (in no particular order):
  • The reasonable pace.
  • The current player roster.
  • Flexibility in allowing player input to mold the story.
  • A chance to play young heroes in an appropriate setting.

Some posts I enjoyed writing.

Alanse stumbles onto the scene.
Eva sees dark things on the horizon.

The Elemental Kid
right-aligned image
Credit to Samuel Anugrah Andre
Nexus. A point of convergence between elemental planes. A ruined city ruled by extremes. For the self-manifesting elemental inhabitants of those planes, Nexus represents an oddity barely worth observing. To those with diluted power, those who arose from a mingling of elemental power and mortal essences like Brenden, it represents a prison of stagnation. Unable to swim through the magma rivers of the fire plane, or soar the endless sky of the air plane, dilutes like Brenden are forced to exist only in the crumbling city of Nexus and watch their lives pass by. He was not mistreated by the djinn that frequent the city. Worse, he was more often simply overlooked. Being noticed became a driving goal, one that often resulted in delinquent behavior because that most often seemed to get results. Developing a reputation as a misfit did not endear him to any of the other dilutes who clung to their servile tasks in search of meaning, so the arrival of the letter was a blessing. A creature of extremes, Brenden's demeanor is hard to pin down as he can burn like fire one minute only to be calm as still water the next. Adopting a more mortal system of behaviors has been a significant task but his innate connection to the elements does give him an edge when it comes to crafting magics and that has merited him a place in the academy.
Details
RP Sample

Trials Experience

Last edited by PopCultureBard; Jan 14th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
The application is complete now. What do you think, @dalarangreen?
I think I must of misunderstood you when you asked "same as before". I thought you meant the last time I was looking for replacements, but I think you thought it was same as the original applications. The process changed between original apps and my replacement search. My bad!

Please make sure to read the updated process on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureBard
...so my grasp on the mechanics of games like PF isn't as solid...
Not a problem! This is mostly a low-level game in the first place, so things are not so complicated. Except for the house rules stuff I thought up long ago...

Fiction-first player fits our group's play-style anywho.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 04:21 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 01:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I like what I've seen from both of you PopCultureBard and Arjuna332, so I am officially moving the application thread to...

NEGOTIATE Phase of Applications

@Curious Bystanders: if you are interested in the game, post here to be on the waitlist.

@PopCultureBard and Arjuna332: see below! I want to flesh out your concepts a little bit and make sure the game is a good fit before formally inviting you to join the game.

Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 10:23 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 12:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
App thread currently CLOSED

@Curious Bystanders: if you are interested in the game, drop a line: you never know when an opening might happen in the future!

@PopCultureBard and Arjuna332: Make sure to check your private messages & check in to your private thread!