RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 5th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4876
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menzo View Post
When I saw this game, I was so reminded of The Clash.
Almost like that's the reason for the name!

Last edited by Marshmallow; Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
This looks great, I've always wanted to try out VtM. So far my experience of WoD is a few novels and the old video games.
Well, V5's probably one of the easier versions to get into, if you're thinking of writing up a character.

IIRC there's a quickstart manual on the Modiphius store, but I've never looked at it.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7487
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I already have the quickstart guide and I have been looking over it just now, mulling over possibilities. I'm going to hold off on applying until after the tenth when I should know if I'll be getting into another game, and if I'll have space for this one.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 03:37 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8981
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
This is not complete yet, but it is what I have so far. It can serve as a good taste to what I am currently thinking about. I am still aiming for Monday/Tuesday for a full first draft of the application. Hopefully you will enjoy this bit of it!

Edit One: Name Change since realized Cullen was a Twilight reference, and we don't need that pain right now. Might change the name again, still ruminating on what best fits the character.

WIP Application
Character Name: Alastair (NAME SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Clan: Toreador
Mortal Career: Former Military Officer turned Research Librarian, focusing on the Napoleonic Era

Mortal Trauma: The major trauma of Alastair's life has been the PTSD from World War One. Alastair was involved in the Battle of the Somme which was a brutal battle. He also served in the 16th Battalion of the Manchester Regiment. This Battalion was killed almost to the man during the Spring Offensive. He has witnessed a lot of death, and has been plagued by nightmare from it. In particular, military poetry strikes him heavily emotionally.

To add to this, Alastair was also involved in a few engagements with Mustard gas. It was believed this had made him infertile, though it was never tested within his mortal life. In some ways he was blamed by his family for being unable (or unwilling) to continue the family line. There is still some torment from this in his internal psyche.

Background Information:

Childhood: Alastair was born in Manchester, Great Britain on July, 5th, 1893. He was raised in a Middle Class family, his parents mostly surviving off of the economic legacy of Alastair's grandfather. They owned property and were able to grant Cullin a chance for a good education. He had a formal education, and his parents expected priestly pursuits of him. He was the oldest child of three, with two younger sisters. One died at an early age from disease. The other, Gloria, went on to marry a local tradesman in Manchester, where she had a happy, though uneventful life.

World War One Military Service: In 1915, losing faith in religion, Alastair joined the army. He enlisted in the Artists Rifles Officers' Training Corps, where he trained at Hare Hall Camp in Essex for seven months. He met Wilfred Owen there, and they had a friendly, though not close relationship. Alongside Owen, Alastair was deployed to the Manchester Regiment, though they served in different Battalions. Alastair became a Second Lieutenant in the 16th Battalion under Real FigureLt. Colonel Wilfrith Elstob, in charge of his own Platoon. He was deployed during the Battle of the Somme, a point of his mortal life that would plague him for the rest of his years. Unlike many officers, Alastair felt a bond to the soldiers under his command, and felt their loss deeply as many of his Platoon fell during this offensive. This only became more devastating on March 21st, 1918. when the German Army launched an all-out offensive in the Somme sector. The 16th Manchesters occupied an area known as Manchester Hill near to St. Quentin. They were overwhelmed by the German onslaught, and became encircled. Lt. Colonel Elstob received a Victorian Cross that day, which cost him his life. Alastair was inspired by the man, and fought to what he expected to be his death. Instead he was one of the few survivors of this battle, which left the 16th Manchesters broken. "Here we fight, and here we die" is a phrase issued by the Lt. Colonel that even now resonates within Alastair's mind. A reminder of the past. He lost many friends that day. While he was already a young adult at twenty-four years old, this moment is where Alastair sees himself as becoming an adult; he would have added the adjective of broken. He continued to serve, being incorporated into other regiments for the duration of the war. He was present during the final advance in Flanders.

After War, Move To Library Studies:After the war, Alastair returned to Manchester. He spent some time as a clerk at a local Law office in London. He succumbed to alcoholism as a result of his wartime PTSD. In retrospect he calls this period of his life his moment of cliques. It only lasted a year, before he realized how quickly he could have descended into madness and self-decay. He was still infatuated with military history and tactics. But his life as a soldier was over. Not only did he have no interest in a career of war, he had taken a bullet in the knee which gave him a constant limp. His time as a clerk had been enlightening, and his former love of reading and literature had started to come back. He also found that he was fairly good at record keeping, and administrative work. Through some connections he had through his family, as well as a few he had gained through floating within legal circles, he was able to gain employment within the Library of London as a junior researcher and librarian. By 1924, at the age of 31, he had become a full librarian, with a focus upon military history. Sometime during this time he attended school.

Expected Family: At this point in his life, Alastair was expected to start a family. In fact his own parents had been advocating for this for quite some time. There had been some worry that he had become infertile due to exposure to Mustard Gas during the war. Being the oldest son, his family did expect him to continue the line. His sister had given birth to two boys, but one had died at childbirth, and the other had a manageable but significant mental disorder. Medical experts had stated that it was likely unsafe for Gloria to attempt to give birth again, and so the family placed a heavy emphasis on Alastair's family life.

Alas though, Alastair had few romantic interests. While far from being Celibate, Alastair was hesitant to start have the responsibilities that came along with a partner and children. He was much more interested in continuing his studies, having found somewhat of a place as a military scholar within the Library of London. Furthermore, without any real intention, he had started to find himself enjoying a life as somewhat of a hermit. His hours were spent strolling among the Stacks in the lower regions of the library, spending his time among the local bookstores, or responding to columns in his favorite magazines. By the end of 1926 he had become a dedicated fan of Amazing Stories, seeing Sciencifiction to be a fascinating new genre. He started to write letters to Hugo Greensbatt, but never had any of them published.

a Fatal Love: By some token of luck, Alastair did attract the eyes and thoughts of another. The beautiful and radiantly intelligent Miss Dahlia Fenway. She was a novelist, as well as self-entitled researcher of the sciences. They met one night, May 1926, when Dahlia was in the process of writing a romantic novel set within Napoleonic France. In order to set the piece just right, she required a few documents and literature from the Library. Being one of the lead researchers on such period he was there to assist her. Over the next few months they grew close, working late into the night to ensure Dahlia was able to attain any knowledge she required. Alastair was often quite surprised by her own expansive knowledge, at times bordering upon expertise.

Eventually Alastair attempted to formally court her. With a crafty smile, Dahlia accepted, and after a perfect dinner along with fascinating intellectual debates, Alastair learned, personally, what a Toreador Vampire was....

Early Vampire Life:

Turned at 1926 (33 years old)
1940 goes into Torpor

Investments: Mental. Then Social.

Post Samples:

Here is a Post I really enjoyed writing of my Malkavian Character I was playing for some time.

This is a more recent post in a Sigil Game. It is a longer post, and serves as an example of a moment I as a writer was given agency over the scene.

I will get one up from Alastair's viewpoint at some point, though it always takes me a few posts to really begin to get a feel for the writing style that accompanies a new character.

Last edited by sageheart; Dec 5th, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 07:57 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Follow up question: How influential or important for you want our sires to be? Or does it not matter, or should I leave that open ended?
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 12:16 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageheart View Post
Follow up question: How influential or important for you want our sires to be? Or does it not matter, or should I leave that open ended?
Sires are more than likely inconsequential to the events of the Chronicle, if they were part of the cult, they would have left London with the rest of their cell.
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
We've got another week or so for applicants to apply!
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Been busy with work, and this week looks pretty stuffed. Will get more details on my app done after this week! Also a bump for this awesome looking game!
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 04:00 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
I want to apply.
Let's see what idea that I can come up with.

PS : Do we get Benefit and Disadvantage of Ancillae?
Like +2 on Advantages and Flaws, then subtract 1 Humanity and get 35 Exp?

Last edited by Xildur; Dec 10th, 2020 at 04:49 AM.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 12:15 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xildur View Post
I want to apply.
Let's see what idea that I can come up with.

PS : Do we get Benefit and Disadvantage of Ancillae?
Like +2 on Advantages and Flaws, then subtract 1 Humanity and get 35 Exp?
Sure, just make sure you aren't roaming around with 2-3 Humanity.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Oh, great.
Thank you.
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 01:54 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Nice to see you again Xildur!
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7487
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Unfortunately I won’t be able to apply for this game. Hope you all have fun, though!
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Unfortunately I won’t be able to apply for this game. Hope you all have fun, though!
It happens, don't fret!
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 456
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
Yeah. I have to second Lazer's sentiment. Some stuff came yp so I wont be applying...but if no one minds I might seriously stalk the game and watch once ya'll get going. ��

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!