RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 4th, 2021, 04:01 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7454
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Hey.

Love your icon pic, Marshmallow.

Thinking of applying but wanted to check the idea I have before putting to much work into it. He would have been the American son of British immigrants tied to the Hill family of St Pancras, London; the same Hill family which Billy Hill came from. Raised in America the character would have fallen in with gangsters during prohibition and caught the eye of a notable vampire of the time who wished to gain an in on the bootlegging. Unfortunately things went south, the sire ended up dusted, and the character was on the run; having to flee back to the old country to be protected by his cousin Billy.

It's at this point Calvin (the character) would have gotten involved with the cult and impressed Mithras enough to be earn a place as a Herald. He'd be a suave operator with some knowledge of chemistry and criminal activities.

Does this sound like a character that might fit for your story?
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 04:28 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4876
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Hey.

Love your icon pic, Marshmallow.

Thinking of applying but wanted to check the idea I have before putting to much work into it. He would have been the American son of British immigrants tied to the Hill family of St Pancras, London; the same Hill family which Billy Hill came from. Raised in America the character would have fallen in with gangsters during prohibition and caught the eye of a notable vampire of the time who wished to gain an in on the bootlegging. Unfortunately things went south, the sire ended up dusted, and the character was on the run; having to flee back to the old country to be protected by his cousin Billy.

It's at this point Calvin (the character) would have gotten involved with the cult and impressed Mithras enough to be earn a place as a Herald. He'd be a suave operator with some knowledge of chemistry and criminal activities.

Does this sound like a character that might fit for your story?
Hey Tale, thanks for the compliment! I threw the icon together from my character Nomad (who I commissioned the art of) in Phettberg's SR5E "Vienna Calling" game.

Regarding your query it sounds fine to me, you provide a reason for your character being present in the right place at the right time, so I can't really question it; It doubles up on the idea of a "Stranger in a strange land" theme too.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 06:36 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Calvin Hill (aka. Cal the Chemist, aka. Cal the Nose)
Clan: Tremere
Mortal Career: Criminal. Primarily gangster related activities focused on bootlegging and smuggling.

Mortal Trauma:
The largest Trauma of Cal's life was when his mother became sick during his University education. Her condition could have been treated but, at the time, the medicine required for it was far too expensive for Calvin to afford. When he lost his mother it was not because she couldn't be saved but because Calvin couldn't save her with what he had. It was this sense of weakness and loss that drove him to do anything he could to make money, even if such actions were illegal.

Touchstones:
Family
Even though his parents left London to distance themselves from the Hills and their criminal activities Calvin was always taught to respect family. It was for Family that he dropped out of University to help his mother. It was for Family that Cal turned to bootlegging to make money. And it was Family which gave him success due to smuggling and safety when he needed to flee. To Cal Family, in whatever form it takes, represents the strength to persevere and bonds which can not be easily broken.

Always a Gentleman and a Scholar
Cal was foremost raised to be a gentleman by his parents; with all the dignity and bearing that only a 'British' household might instill into a child. Of course this was mostly from his mother's side of the family as Cal's father had been raised in a family of criminals. Still, those lessons of etiquette and noble contact never truly left Calvin even as he turned to crime. Although thought as a bit of a Dandy by rivals Calvin would only show this side of himself to those who were equally cordial. For those who believed they could pull one over on him or disrespected him too much Calvin demonstrated a cold and calculating nature that left many either dead in the gutters or with their own enterprises burning down around their ears.

Background information:
- Born in Florida to British immigrants related to the Hill crime family back in St Pancras, London and the -------- of -----------. The pair had crossed the ocean to distance themselves from their families and start fresh.
- Formally educated in University with a focus in Chemistry but forced to leave before graduation due to financial issues brought on due to health problems his mother was facing.
- Was noticed by his future Sire, --------, during his time at University.
- Saw an opportunity with prohibition to brew alcohol himself for additional money.
- Was contacted by his cousins over in Britain to facilitate Whiskey smuggling into Florida via. Nassau.
- His father -------- ------- -----.
- Approached by ------- to offer Cal the embrace in exchange to have the young criminal use his money to help fund research ------ was performing, Calvin accepted because ---------- ---- ------.
- This proceeded for a time until -------- -------- ------- and with his Sire (likely) dead Calvin had to cross the Pond to escape his pursuers. It was easy enough to do thanks to his smuggling routes and family connection with the Hills, finally allowing him to meet his cousin, Billy Hill, but even laying low Calvin was soon brought to the attention of Mithras.
- Luckily Calvin impressed Mithras enough with his charm and knowledge of science/criminal activities that the Lord of London agreed to shield the young vampire from those he was hiding from.

FYI - The Hills, specifically Billy Hill, were real life British Gangsters. Info on Billy can be found HERE. His Son, Justin, did not follow in his father's footsteps but might be one of those remaining Family Members that Cal would want to look after upon returning.

Investments:
Cal will be primarily focused on Social and Mental abilities. Specifically he'll be concentrating on Insight, Persuasion, Streetwise, and Science with minor levels in Intimidation, Medicine, Subterfuge, and Firearms. There will be other skills of course but these are likely the ones Cal will be
emphasizing.

Post Sample:

Last edited by taleteller50; Jan 5th, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 03:30 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
I believe I've covered most of the points for Calvin. I could place more detail into his background but you stated to keep it more point form. I even left a few blanks to simulate the memory loss.

How does it look? I can get a Character Sheet up if you want. Nevermind, I had a little extra time and got it started.

Last edited by taleteller50; Jan 5th, 2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
I believe I've covered most of the points for Calvin. I could place more detail into his background but you stated to keep it more point form. I even left a few blanks to simulate the memory loss.

How does it look? I can get a Character Sheet up if you want. Nevermind, I had a little extra time and got it started.
Looks decent enough, thanks for applying! I'll get it up on the OP table now.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 01:22 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Giving the call for fledglings another little tap!
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Máedóc Ó Faoláin
Clan: Gangrel
Mortal Career: Homeguard Auxiliary Unit
Mortal Trauma: Máedóc is still haunted by the horrors he witnessed during the witch hunts of the Inquisition, and during the Black Plague when it seemed all of Europe was rotting. He also dreads the encroachment of humanity upon the wild places of the world.
Touchstones:
  • Honor - saving face before the community is everything.
  • Loyalty - always be consistent in one’s relationships with others.
  • Hospitality - taking in someone not of one’s home or kin.
  • Honesty - be open, friendly and straightforward with others.
  • Justice - in accordance with the truth.
  • Courage - to keep one’s head and stay cool in a situation and not panic. Also, be bloodthirsty and brave in battle, but not in a crazed, uncontrollable way; do not be swayed by pity for one's opponent.
Background information: Born in Ireland during the 12th century, he was a renown warrior, showing enough courage and skill in battle that he was Embraced into the Gangrel clan, lead by the methuselah Bodhmall. When Bodhmall established her haven in the mountains of Powys, Máedóc went with her and the others, and fought with them against the encroachment of Rhodry ap Geraint ap Mithras when the Ventrue Baron tried to extend his power.

When Mithras' loyal warlord Aethelwulf was wounded by Horus, many barons began to foment rebellion. Mithras opened his council, and his court, to Cainites across England, and Máedóc was sent by Bodhmall to Londinium in honor of the injured Gangrel warlord.

Máedóc admired Mithras' decision to reject the Camarilla during the Anarch Revolt, and fought against the insurrections against him, which gained him the respect of Mithras. However, the cities were becoming far too large for Máedóc, who desired to return to the countryside. Mithras granted Máedóc permission to roam as a sort of knight errant, bidding him to only check in and report news occasionally. Máedóc returned to North Ireland, happily removed from the intrigue and chaos of civilization.

Máedóc largely ignored the events of WWI, though he was involved in the Irish War for Independence. He was involved in the formation of the IRA and fought for Irish Home Rule, but later became disenchanted with the fragmentation and warring politics of the party and withdrew. When was was declared in WWII, Máedóc joined the Home Guard as a member of the Auxiliary Units, an extremely secretive force of more highly trained guerrilla units with the task of hiding behind enemy lines after an invasion, emerging to attack and destroy supply dumps, disabling tanks and trucks, assassinating collaborators, and killing sentries and senior German officers with sniper rifles, creating maximum chaos and destruction should an invasion occur.

While his Auxiliary Unit was preparing defenses and setting up networks in London, Máedóc reported to Mithras for an update. While he was there, Mithraeum was buried, and Máedóc along with it.

Investments: What you primarily want to focus on: Physical
Post Sample: link

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; Jan 6th, 2021 at 09:04 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 06:47 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Updated the applicant's table to include your application, Andor! Thanks for applying.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Another lil' tap, for what good it'll do!
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 06:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5068
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Is your ban on certain clans a hard ban or is it just tougher to get in? Also I notice Hecata / Giovanni aren't on either list.

Also are the characters ancillae, neonates, or fledglings?
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
Is your ban on certain clans a hard ban or is it just tougher to get in? Also I notice Hecata / Giovanni aren't on either list.

Also are the characters ancillae, neonates, or fledglings?
Standard V5 CharGen: 10th generation, embraced around or before WWII so most likely Ancillae or Neonate, characters will have been under the effects of the Blooding on Mithras' orders, however, so talking experience/mechanics-wise? Neonate, but age-wise definitely Ancillae considering you'd have to of been embraced before or during WWII.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 03:46 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3193
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
How do you feel about the Tzimisce Ventrue?

Last edited by DaniLore; Jan 10th, 2021 at 04:30 AM.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 08:05 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniLore View Post
How do you feel about the Tzimisce Ventrue?
Ventrue are fine.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3193
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Are you open to Sabbat clans?
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
The application on the original post lists the clans I'll be accepting in this chronicle.