twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 6th, 2021, 01:02 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
Toptomcat Toptomcat Toptomcat
Don't write me off quite yet, I'm still of a mind to squeak in.

Name: Jan Starsmoore
Race: Half-Elf
Classes (Side 1): Alchemist (Mortal Chemist, Vivisectionist, Toxicant) 8
Classes (Side 2): Incanter 8
Intended Role: Mobile reach melee guy with excellent one-target-at-a-time debuff capabilities with poisons using Spheres and Alchemist stuff to ignore poison immunity, plus a casty side that's inflexible and slow due to Charged Casting but nonetheless a spectacular party buffer singlemindledly focused on the Enhancement sphere.
Source of Mythic Power: Dubiously safe alchemical self-experimentation
Alignment: N
Traits: Potent Concoctions (Toxic Secretion, drow poison), Temple Guard, Sound of Mind
Drawback: Tainted Spirit (Actually an [Ex] lung condition)
Flaws: Quarter Elf, Short Attention Span
Faction: Wanderlord

Image: Unsettled at this time, just 'Jan' on a token if I can't find anything that satisfies

Last edited by Toptomcat; Jan 11th, 2021 at 01:10 AM.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 01:20 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
No problem, SelfAwareNPC.
We have our own mistake here and there.

@LeoByron : I understand.
Then I would just wait for your decision at the deadline.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 02:40 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21153
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptomcat
Don't write me off quite yet, I'm still of a mind to squeak in.
The more the merrier! The harder my job is the better the game will be for it! (I hope!)

- Lord Byron
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14161
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
I hate to do this last minute, especially after taxing a couple of you with repeated questions, but I'm going to have to withdraw my app.

This game is a unique opportunity, but I have to be honest with myself and I know I won't be able to bring the energy or time needed for this campaign with my current RL workload and on-site game load.

Thank you LeoByron and Eviltedzies for all the help along the way. Good luck and have a great game!
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 02:32 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11741
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
@UngainlyFool - Sorry to see you go, but I completely understand not having the proper time/energy needed to devote to a game. It's no fun joining a game if you feel pressured to post and or are unable to enjoy your character properly due to real world constraints.

Thank you for the time and effort you have already put into your application. I wish you good dice fortune and happy gaming!
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
I hate to do this last minute, especially after taxing a couple of you with repeated questions, but I'm going to have to withdraw my app.

This game is a unique opportunity, but I have to be honest with myself and I know I won't be able to bring the energy or time needed for this campaign with my current RL workload and on-site game load.

Thank you LeoByron and Eviltedzies for all the help along the way. Good luck and have a great game!
I am very sad to see you go but I appreciate that you came to this realization before the game started rather than after. I am confident your competition are breathing a collective sigh of relief!

You are a gifted writer and any game would be lucky to have you but I completely understand and hope to have a chance to game with you in the future. It was a pleasure to assist in any way I could during the process of creating Tess so it's no big deal.

Good luck in your endeavors in life and on-site!

Cheers!

- Lord Byron
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Good Writing > Power Game

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 709
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Actually, I am starting to breathe a bit heavier. Lot of people dropping. More people coming out of left fields.

Bullets flying. Cats and dogs running around. I don’t know what to expect now.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Tell me about it! Already so much action and drama!

If those of you who are still interested could help me out, would you be so kind as to add a single line to the main block of your application near the "Intended Role" header which reads:

Faction: (Guardians of the North, Athalonian, Wanderlord, Dzid, Githyanki, Fire Gray Elves, Other?)

It will just give me a quick reminder for easy reference. I wish I could just edit in myself but I don't have admin powers here.

- Lord Byron
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 01:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
ImperialProphet ImperialProphet
WIP, should be able to finish before the deadline.

[B]Name:[/B] Seren Dorn
[B]Race:[/B] Human (Dimdweller)
[B]Classes (Side 1):[/B] Martial Tenebrous Stalker Elementalist
[B]Classes (Side 2):[/B] Martial Wild Mage Thaumaturge
[B]Intended Role:[/B] Battlefield Controller, Minor Minionmancy, Mobile Sonic Boom and Fear Totem
[B]Faction:[/B] Wanderlord
[B]Source of Mythic Power:[/B] Divine Power usurped from a forgotten pantheon of sun and stars
[B]Alignment:[/B] LN
[B]Traits:[/B] Practiced Surge, Inured to Chaos, Bruising Intellect
[B]Drawback:[/B] Infamous (See [B][I]The Haistead Cross Incident[/I][/B])

[B]Image:[/B] Please include an image for your character. I will create a token to represent your character and I need an image to represent him or her. If you do not want an image of your character, simply offer an alternate image you would like to use instead. If you like I can merely use your character's name in text on the token but please say so somewhere on your application if that is the case.

[SPOILERBUTTON="Physical Description
Greasy gray hair hangs heavily across this woman's back and shoulders, falling on either side of her head (to hide ears otherwise slightly too big for it.) Bright amber eyes, one just larger than the other, stare widely through alien pupils. A shock of hair frames frighteningly gaunt cheeks. An equally thin body hides beneath her plain robes. A crude book and walking stick are all she carries, but her shoulders are bent and her face weary despite her lack of physical burdens. Her movements are twitchy, flinching any time someone passes to near. Her eyes nervously scan the walls and ceiling constantly.[/SPOILERBUTTON]

Old Jan 7th, 2021, 01:25 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My submission has been updated with one basic version of my crunch and one accounting for typical daily buffs. 'Typical' is rather elastic, as I'll be picking three Alteration sphere traits and a version of Nature's Carapace or Nature's Movement to grant to every party member daily along with big bonuses to equipment and natural armor.

I've written my sheet on the assumption that your ruling on total max sources of Mythic bonuses to caster level does not apply to minor, conditional CL bonuses like Arcane Endurance, and that your ruling on non-mythic traits and feats that boost caster level instead applying to MSB and MSD does not also apply to non-mythic class features like the Incanter's Sphere Specialization. If this is not the case, let me know and I'll readjust.

Also note that his presence in the party is likely to do odd things to perception of party wealth and gear-acquisition priorities in the long term, since his presence as a party member obviates the need for four of the 'Big 6' magic items- armor, weapon, Amulet of Natural Armor, Ring of Protection. Five for shield-users with Soul Shield. If this is an issue...that'll be tough to hear because it'll mean a wholesale retool of his casting side, but I think I could accomplish a rework given enough notice. Probably I'd replace it with Conscript or Slayer or something else straightforwardly martial, though a Spiritualism Hedgewitch/Sphere Arcanist focused on flexible bonus talents would be another possibility.

Last edited by Toptomcat; Jan 7th, 2021 at 03:09 AM.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 01:45 AM
Good Writing > Power Game

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 709
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Man, we got people sliding in at the last minute like tequila shots at last call. ^_^

Go hard Toptomcat. Some of my best work comes at the stroke of midnight!

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Jan 7th, 2021 at 01:56 AM.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 03:11 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I've written my sheet on the assumption that your ruling on total max sources of Mythic bonuses to caster level does not apply to minor, conditional CL bonuses like Arcane Endurance, and that your ruling on non-mythic traits and feats that boost caster level instead applying to MSB and MSD does not also apply to non-mythic class features like the Incanter's Sphere Specialization. If this is not the case, let me know and I'll readjust.
Arcane Endurance of the Spheremaster Mythic Path, only adjusts Caster level for the purposes of duration of Sphere effects, therefore, it will not count towards the Caster Level adjustment limit from Mythic sources. You are also correct that the Caster Level bonus from Incanter (or other) Specializations, is not included in the limitation I imposed on caster level adjustments from non-Mythic Traits or Feats, since it is, as you pointed out, a Class Feature.

Quote:
Also note that his presence in the party is likely to do odd things to perception of party wealth and gear-acquisition priorities in the long term, since his presence as a party member obviates the need for four of the 'Big 6' magic items- armor, weapon, Amulet of Natural Armor, Ring of Protection. Five for shield-users with Soul Shield. If this is an issue...that'll be tough to hear because it'll mean a wholesale retool of his casting side, but I think I could accomplish a rework given enough notice.
If your Enhancement Sphere effects might double some of the bonuses characters in the party already possess at the start of the game, I would allow them to re-appropriate their purchases accordingly if they wanted to. You would have to confer with them before the start of the game should you be invited to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfAwareNPC
Man, we got people sliding in at the last minute like tequila shots at last call. ^_^
I wonder if we'll have more last minute applications tomorrow?

- Lord Byron

Last edited by LeoByron; Jan 7th, 2021 at 03:12 AM.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 04:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17513
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Ok, Leo, finished background at last. Comments/suggestions welcome.

The build is much changed from the initial and still being hammered out. A WIP sheet is currently linked to the post.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
There is a little over 8 hours left until deadline. We seem to have 3 unfinished applications from Toptomcat, Zealot, and Imperial Prophet. Do you guys think you can get them finished by tonight, 11h59 EST? If you can get at least the background and personality done with the barest skeleton of the build that should be enough. I will give time to polish characters and make adjustments and revisions before the game starts. I need to approve everyone's mechanics before we start anyway.

I hope to see these apps completed but if I don't hear from you guys I will close the advert and send invites either tonight or tomorrow.

- Lord Byron
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 09:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm not clear on what you're still looking for from me: 'background' and 'personality' are presented together in a first-person monologue in spoiler tags.

Last edited by Toptomcat; Jan 8th, 2021 at 09:52 PM.