twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 13th, 2020, 05:54 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 110
ranmaga ranmaga
Character sheet (WIP) might be a few days. Doing a complete overhaul.

Name: Rumi
Race: Human
Classes (Side 1): Paladin
Classes (Side 2): Sorcerer
Intended Role: Charming Bastard (Party Face)
Alignment: LG
Traits: Charming, Grief-Filled, Bastard
Drawback: Sleepy.
Flaws: Insomnia, Inattentive

Image:

Last edited by ranmaga; Dec 14th, 2020 at 03:34 AM.
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 69469
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk

Old Dec 13th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21153
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Interested. LeoByron -- here is an outline of the character starting with the mechanics. If the class list and basic ideas are OK, I'll flesh him out.
Is there some secret text here somewhere, because I cannot see it. If it is coming soon, I look forward to what you come up with!

@ranmaga: Unless I missed something, a Paladin // Antipaladin build is not legal since both have conflicting alignment and code restrictions.

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I'll fix the secret text... Admin magic.

Old Dec 13th, 2020, 01:35 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ranmaga ranmaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Is there some secret text here somewhere, because I cannot see it. If it is coming soon, I look forward to what you come up with!

@ranmaga: Unless I missed something, a Paladin // Antipaladin build is not legal since both have conflicting alignment and code restrictions.
Oh, what I meant was my character started as Antipaladin for 6 levels, then took 2 levels of Paladin and converted the Antipaladin levels 1 for 1.

He was literally Hitler, but then he felt bad about it.

Last edited by ranmaga; Dec 13th, 2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 02:41 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaga View Post
Oh, what I meant was my character started as Antipaladin for 6 levels, then took 2 levels of Paladin and converted the Antipaladin levels 1 for 1.

He was literally Hitler, but then he felt bad about it.
Typically, an Antipaladin is a fallen Paladin who has embraced Evil. I have no problem with you affecting the inverse for your character but that would effectively be a straight Paladin and would not need to Gestalt at all, at least as far as Antipaladin levels go. You could go Paladin 8 on side 1 and take 8 levels of anything else on the Gestalt "side."

Re: CatCanCook's secret text: I still do not see any secret text but I see 2 attachments have been added.

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 03:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ranmaga ranmaga
Oh, okay. I didn't understand what Gestalt meant. Thanks for the clarification.

I suppose 8 levels in Sorcerer might be okay. Going to have to redo everything. Should be fine.
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaga View Post
Oh, okay. I didn't understand what Gestalt meant. Thanks for the clarification.

I suppose 8 levels in Sorcerer might be okay. Going to have to redo everything. Should be fine.
You can find the rules for Gestalt by clicking here.

The gist of it is that your character advances in 2 classes at once at each level, taking the better of each HD, Skill, Base save, and gaining class skills from both while also gaining the class features of both classes and adding them all together.

Your Paladin || Sorcerer, for example, would get d10 HD at every level, 2+Int skill points, Good Fort and Reflex saves, get all the Paladin class features and all the Sorcerer class features, including Bloodline and Spellcasting, etc...

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
I added a small requirement to be added to each application. Please include the source of your characters mythic power in both point form format and in a brief paragraph or narrative in the body of your character's description. This can be done in a separate spoiler below or above the background or can merely be detailed in the background itself.

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Re: CatCanCook's secret text: I still do not see any secret text but I see 2 attachments have been added.
Cat unsecreted everything.
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook
Question: how do you get charges for the Athalonian rifle? How does it recharge?
You can recharge Athalonian rifles, and other powered technology, using Power packs as detailed in the Athalonian technology section. At 100 gp and 1 lb each, it will be an undertaking to carry enough to last an entire adventure...

These Power packs must be recharged at a power generator, which can be found in the Athalonian subterranean city.

It is possible to have portable generators, through the Tech Sphere in Spheres of Might with the Generator (Drone) talent, Gaining access to a Charge Pool via the Technician Class, or by purchasing a small stable generator for 6,000 gp which weighs 10 lbs.

These small generators can output 2 charges per round and have as many devices connected to them at once as you have cables.

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Cat unsecreted everything.
Yes, I noticed, thank you!

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 08:40 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1400
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Think I can whip up something for this....

The Dwarf Clerighter
right-aligned image
Name: Josef Hammerback
Race: Dwarf (Craftsman and Deep Tradition ARTs)

Classes (Side 1): Fighter (Foehammer)
Classes (Side 2): Cleric (Forgemaster)
Intended Role: Combat maneouvres and a splash of crafting. Some utility spells if required.

Faction: Independent. Josef travels to fulfill the visions given and carry out Torag's divine will.

Source of Mythic Power: A chosen of Torag.

Alignment: Lawful Good

Traits: Tunnel fighter (Dwarf racial), Defensive Strategist (Torag Religion)
Drawback: N/a (Don't want a third trait)
Flaws: Grudge-Keeper, Brash

Physical Description:

Personality:

Background:

RP Sample:

Recovering from poor mental health. Dropping most/all games I was in. You have my deepest apologies and I wish you all the best of luck, however I believe most of you have replaced me/moved on without me (understandably!) and I probably no longer fit due to vanished characters and advanced plots.

Last edited by PainterOfMinis; Jan 7th, 2021 at 06:50 AM.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 03:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3324
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Thanks for answering questions.

Reading online I hear people complain that summoning doesn't work. But I made a best effort to prove it wrong. Though I can't see whether I've succeeding until examining other characters.

Changes since it was first created: swapped Shaman for Cleric - as Shaman didn't have Summon Monster. Dropped the familiar/spirit animal to just focus on barrage + summoning. I added Oaths.

A few more questions ...

Is it possible to take Legendary martial talents? (Assuming prereqs are met.) Is there a limited number on them? Unlimited ammo would be an interesting choice.

The Spheres page on Mythic Traditions lets you build your own. I attempted that, based on 3 drawbacks, 3 boons, and a custom theme. Please take a look.

I had a question about the Archmage Ability -- Wild Arcana (Su) - Archmage Ability. Will it use the functions as written, or will it be nerfed using the errata?
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 04:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3324
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Also: I found more options for charging.

Just having the Tech Sphere gives an ability to produce charges. With an eng kit an 8th level character could produce 20 charges an hour. The Tech Sphere says that it could go straight into a tech device, so if a gun were empty, it could be filled ... just slowly. So with a 1-talent investment one could fill up one gravity rifle a day.

There is also this 3rd level spell: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/recharge/ -- which gives 1 charge per caster level. It could go straight into an item, with care to not over-charge it.

Plasma Production, here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/creation will produce charges at cost of spell points.

The portable generator + power cable has advantages over the above for recharging items -- as its fast (out of combat) and doesn't burn resources.

However, for fast reloads of stored power, if one had to reload a gun mid combat, it sounds like the destructible power packs are the only option.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Dec 14th, 2020 at 04:47 AM.