RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 14th, 2020, 05:02 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32243
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
NGL, that's an awesome font
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21153
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Thanks for answering questions.

A few more questions ...

Is it possible to take Legendary martial talents? (Assuming prereqs are met.) Is there a limited number on them? Unlimited ammo would be an interesting choice.
I haven't taken the time to examine all of them closely so each will have to be approved on a case-by-case basis.

Ceaseless Ammo from the Barrage Sphere would be fine.

I will compose a ban list if I have time and find any Legendary Talents that might disrupt the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook
The Spheres page on Mythic Traditions lets you build your own. I attempted that, based on 3 drawbacks, 3 boons, and a custom theme. Please take a look.
Looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook
I had a question about the Archmage Ability -- Wild Arcana (Su) - Archmage Ability. Will it use the functions as written, or will it be nerfed using the errata?
It seems to me the ability is meant to increase access to spells not normally available to the character. Making it also be a Swift Action would be a lot, so I will be using the FAQ and matching it with Inspired Spell, making it a Standard Action to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook"
Also: I found more options for charging.

Just having the Tech Sphere gives an ability to produce charges. With an eng kit an 8th level character could produce 20 charges an hour. The Tech Sphere says that it could go straight into a tech device, so if a gun were empty, it could be filled ... just slowly. So with a 1-talent investment one could fill up one gravity rifle a day.

There is also this 3rd level spell: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/recharge/ -- which gives 1 charge per caster level. It could go straight into an item, with care to not over-charge it.

Plasma Production, here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/creation will produce charges at cost of spell points.

The portable generator + power cable has advantages over the above for recharging items -- as its fast (out of combat) and doesn't burn resources.

However, for fast reloads of stored power, if one had to reload a gun mid combat, it sounds like the destructible power packs are the only option.
Awesome hehe. I knew about the Tech Sphere charge pool I guess I forgot to include it. Great find on the rest!

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 02:09 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1400
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Wonder if anyone would be willing to give their input on Forgemaster Cleric vs Stonelord Paladin? It essentially boils down to "Crafting and spells" vs "Better at combat, get a friend rock elemental, chance to ignore crits/precision, better tanking"

Both are flavourful...

Also a question for @LeoByron - Can we use item crafting to reduce the cost of our 'preferred items'? If so, I certainly need to do a bit more with those purchases....
Recovering from poor mental health. Dropping most/all games I was in. You have my deepest apologies and I wish you all the best of luck, however I believe most of you have replaced me/moved on without me (understandably!) and I probably no longer fit due to vanished characters and advanced plots.

Last edited by PainterOfMinis; Dec 14th, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 09:41 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Posting interest.
Thinking on making Ranger Arcanist.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 294
droobles droobles droobles
Interested, but here is a question:

I thought that a boon for the mythic tradition can be chosen only one, are we allowed to pick the same boon twice?

Questions for the app:

1- Interested on the Oath system (Honor, Humility, Candor, Abstention, Silence, maybe ritual/loyalty? -> plan is to take bonus talents and pay for drawbacks). It meshes well with the mythic paths of the stranger, reluctant hero or living saint.

2- Does occult adventures include veilweaving and pact spirits, sutra magic?

3- 17 RP refflufed catfolk to be dog folk? (trade cat's luck for bite, add scent and advanced wisdom)

Last edited by droobles; Dec 14th, 2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 11:48 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterOfMinis View Post
Also a question for @LeoByron - Can we use item crafting to reduce the cost of our 'preferred items'? If so, I certainly need to do a bit more with those purchases....
Crafting Feats will provide wealth bonuses (25% for 1, 50% for 2) only for the normal wealth-by-level amount. The bonus amount for preferred items cannot be altered in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droobles
I thought that a boon for the mythic tradition can be chosen only one, are we allowed to pick the same boon twice?
No. See the following text near the top of the Mythic Tradition page:

"Author's Note: You may only take drawbacks, qualities, or boons once unless they specifically state otherwise (or the GM permits it in order to enable a specific concept). Mythic traditions are unaffected by things that increase your effective tier (such as Mythic Paragon) unless the option specifically states otherwise."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droobles"
Does occult adventures include veilweaving and pact spirits, sutra magic?
Akashic magic seems to be a different magic system entirely. I am not familiar with it and a brief investigation suggests it will be more of a headache than I am willing to tackle atm, so no Akashic magic characters please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droobles
17 RP refflufed catfolk to be dog folk? (trade cat's luck for bite, add scent and advanced wisdom)
There are already many options available, I would rather not include custom races for this game.

- Lord Byron

Last edited by LeoByron; Dec 14th, 2020 at 11:49 PM.
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktur63 View Post
Is there a list of deities for this world?

After reviewing the applications I think I may go with the Rogue Wizard application.

I will look into it more tomorrow after I get home from work.
Gaia is very popular on Origin, especially in more rural or remote areas of the empire. Jove, a monotheistic deity who has recently surfaced among the aristocracy is becoming increasingly prevalent among the urban areas and rumours have been surfacing that worship of Jove may become law...

You can find information about the religions of Origin here.

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 01:12 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I hope it is cool to use a race (catfolk) but with the aesthetics of a dog (since there will be no custom races).
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 04:00 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11741
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
@droobles - If you're wanting to go with a dog-like race take a look at the Skinwalker. I believe their base version is based on were-wolves so that fits your dog theme easily enough.
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 11:51 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 69419
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
If you ever need a slightly insane Gith NPC to help the PCs, holler.

Malifeek is lonely.
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
oK, new solution, a Tiefling crused and mutated from a Rakshasa to look like a dog!
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 03:18 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
@PainterOfMinis - In regards to your previous question of Forgemaster Cleric vs Stonelord Paladin.
Between the two, I would personally choose Forgemaster because of your ability to change up your cleric spells each day. That gives you a lot more flexibility than the Stonelord archetype does.

That said, I'd have to ask "what role will you have fun playing?". Do you enjoy getting up close and fighting foes, supporting allies with buffs from the rear, or maybe sneaking around and shanking people in the back when they aren't looking. Though both archetypes have flavor, it's hard to make a suggestion without knowing what you yourself will enjoy more

@droobles - Unfortunately it looks like you cannot combine Runic Knight and Kensei because both archetypes alter your Magus Weapon & Armor Proficiencies. The same problem occurs for Learned Duelist and Runic Knight fighter archetypes.

Basically almost any Spheres of Might archetype usually changes weapon and armor proficiencies which makes it harder to combine with certain classic Pathfinder archetypes that do the same.

Comparing your classes, it seems like Kensei Magus really doesn't grant you too big a benefit beyond Int to AC and free weapon focus feat. It looks like most of your damage comes from passive damage like Power Attack and Berserker sphere so being able to maximize your weapon damage isn't as powerful. That said, you may be better off going [Bladebound & Runic Knight] archetypes for Magus and ditching Kensei altogether.
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Right you are, I thought that by the reading, when it says it just alters the proficiencies you can combine them, but learned duelist really says it replaces them, I will trade it for something else.

About Kensai, I really messed up there. Might just drop Magus for something else, luckily I hadn't finished the class features, so it will be an easy fix!
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 04:03 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
@droobles - It's all good. Gestalt already places a lot of complexity in building your character. I know I rebuilt my own character 4-5 times before I finally settled on a build which was legal AND that I liked.
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 05:29 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterOfMinis View Post
Wonder if anyone would be willing to give their input on Forgemaster Cleric vs Stonelord Paladin? It essentially boils down to "Crafting and spells" vs "Better at combat, get a friend rock elemental, chance to ignore crits/precision, better tanking"

Both are flavourful...
I wasn't really certain how to answer this since preference is entirely subjective, but I would echo EvilTedzies' assertion that the Forgemaster seems more interesting. Clerics are more versatile than Paladins as a whole owing to the sheer magnitude of available spells and the Runes only add to that versatility.

Depending on spells, the Forgemaster may be slightly less durable in combat but we all know how game changing certain spells can be and equalize that notion easily enough.
That is my 2 cents.

@EvilTedzies: Thanks for the input about Droobles' build, I likely would only have found it near the end of the selection process and wasted his precious time.

- Lord Byron