RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 18th, 2020, 07:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14396
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltedzies View Post
Even though I am already accepted, I wanted to post my character information here for folks to see. If it helps you get an idea for the character, his mechanics, or even ideas for tie-ins between the characters then good.

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to assist. Specifically if my sheet is any indication I have a predilection for building strong characters mechanically so if you aren't sure about a mechanics issue ask away!
Thanks for sharing. I had considered applying but now know that any character I make would be hopelessly underwhelming.
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9609
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
@ungainlyFool: It's not that bad, evil and I can help with the mechanics if you can get a solid background and story up.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 03:15 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11791
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
Thanks for sharing. I had considered applying but now know that any character I make would be hopelessly underwhelming.
I was sorta afraid of showing my sheet for partially this reason, but I will gladly second Unforgiven's statement. Unforgiven, myself, and Leo are always willing to assist folks in brainstorming ways to create a character whose mechanics you not only enjoy but one that excels at what you want them to do.

Please, please don't lose interest in the game just due to the power level. Leo is an excellent DM and he values good role-play over roll-play despite what the high powered mechanics of this game may suggest.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Good Writing > Power Game

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 809
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
That sheet is... wow. Those HPs and CLs are something.

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Dec 19th, 2020 at 09:29 AM.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1400
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Welp, I thought 111 health and 30 AC wasn't half bad... Suppose that's the price I pay for sticking with Paizo only. Still happy enough with Josef though, should still be able to do his (Probably unncecessary) niche of bull rushing and tripping!
Recovering from poor mental health. Dropping most/all games I was in. You have my deepest apologies and I wish you all the best of luck, however I believe most of you have replaced me/moved on without me (understandably!) and I probably no longer fit due to vanished characters and advanced plots.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 12:53 PM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Wuz only has 120 hp and like a 25 ac

Last edited by Unforgiven; Dec 19th, 2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21153
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
EvilTedzies has been amenable to working with the GM and other players in the past. If there are serious power discrepancies in the party I am confident that we can work to meet in the middle, either by buffing the underpowered or reigning in overpowered PC's.

- Lord Byron
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Good Writing > Power Game

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 809
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Lol. I actually am glad to see this. I feel less guilty about my build, and it gives me a few ideas as to what I should be aiming for, power-wise.

It'll be hard to get anywhere near his DC's, but it would be a shame to see him reigned in. Tedzie worked hard and cleverly, and made a lot of sacrifices. Nemo is truly a work of art.

EDIT: Also inspired by his organized sheet layout. Taking notes.
EDIT2: I just discovered what impliments are, thanks to Nemo ^_^

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Dec 19th, 2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14396
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Oh, yeah, that was a self-depreciating joke. I certainly don't want to nerf another character in any way, especially with how expertly it was accomplished.

Sorry for coming off in a negative way.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 294
droobles droobles droobles
Reluctant Hero
left-aligned image

Name: Scias - (Guardians of the North)
Race: Tiefling (alternate traits, cursed, Rakshasa ancestor?)
Classes (Side 1): spheresConscript 8
Classes (Side 2): Bounded Blade (srd), Kensai (srd)Spheres Magus 8
Intended Role: Frontliner, Single Shot Killer, Off-Heal, Aura Support

Alignment: N
Traits: Magical Knack (Magus), Fate's Favored, Finding your Kin
Drawback: Pride (think Marty Mcfly from back to the future, easy way to get into trouble)
Flaws: Take one additional point of damage whenever struck by metal. A consequence from his curse and fate defying ways.Metal Intolerance, -2 to ranged attack rolls.Shaky

Last edited by droobles; Jan 6th, 2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 294
droobles droobles droobles
Ok, app is complete for review, I am just thinking about some techniques to craft.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
I've went out of my way to avoid over optimizing wuzruz. I've got him mostly with flavor classes and split his focus three ways to make sure I can't overly optimize in any of the three areas, and I've taken purposeful handicaps to be safe.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3324
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Well, I don't know that I should go forward to finish an application.

Given the high power level of the characters being posted, my idea of a summoning based character is just not going to compete power-wise. (Google around, and you'll see that Summon Monster and Mythic games just don't mix well.)

Even dropping a mythic status plus half a dozen upgrades on a critter, they are not going to make a dent against the opponents some of these other players would need to face to experience as a challenge.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 06:32 PM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
@cat I don't think a summoner is a bad option if you build it out right, and having a horde can defiantly be handy if you have a high enough attack, though it puts a heavy mechanics load on you.
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 07:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3324
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Update: I finished a character sheet - https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=87044, including starting gear.

Major changes since first draft
* Changed Shaman class to Herald Caller; dropped familiar
* Changed a level of Conscript to Drifting Lotus Monk
* Added some oaths and changed from an armor wearing built to an armorless one

Still to do: revise origin and add roleplaying sample. Pick skills and spells. Done,

Last edited by CatCanCook; Dec 24th, 2020 at 02:57 PM.