RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 27th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3324
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I posted a wishlist of items on my character application based on the 33000gp typical for level 8, with the idea that if accepted the GM would pick whatever subset is appropriate to keep all characters on-par and fitting thematically.

Let me know, otherwise.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 04:37 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
@Maghnuis - Light isn't the only god, there are others, but they are forgotten. This means that you can choose anything you like but the actual deity is unknown to you. Your character would have worked to determine what kind of code they should follow over their year of training. Not sure if that makes sense, but there are ways to run godless clerics and paladins, but there is a requirement of a divine figure, whether or not it is known.

@ricktur63 & CatCanCook - Just make a six item list with two columns. The value does not matter but if you want to use WBL as a guide I am fine with it, but you might want to go a bit over because I am not giving you the full list all at once. They will be rewards for the end of the first "episode".

I have eluded to you having some fights where you will be in the city, so really consider the "enhanced masterwork" items (treat them as regular +1 items for cost, but they can only be weapons and armor, no bracers or anything like that). Even full casters should have a ranged hold out weapon for inside the city.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 07:48 AM
Monochrome Monarch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 792
DaFlootch DaFlootch DaFlootch DaFlootch DaFlootch DaFlootch DaFlootch
Quite interested, juggling a few dozen ideas and trying to settle.

Can i ask; how do both the city culture and the anti-magic field interact with classes that give you permanent transformative supernatural features? Such as the Alchemist discoveries that give you new arms, or the scales and natural weapons of the dragon disciple?
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2006
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Wanted to confirm as I flesh out my character concept: would arts and performance really be a thing in Oroka? IE, could someone's assigned task be as an actor or artist or so forth?
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3324
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Hi @pendragon, just testing what you mean by this:

Quote:
Even full casters should have a ranged hold out weapon for inside the city.
A hold-out weapon is usually a weapon that is easily concealed, which in pathfinder would be a hand crossbow, pistol, dart, sling, etc. These are all small, light, one-handed.

Are you recommending that we all have concealed weapons, or did you mean "backup weapon" (such as bows, crossbows, etc) not literally a holdout weapon?
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:35 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
@DaFlootch - Without magic to power these new limbs or features, they hang lifelessly from the body while in the city. Scales and the like that are attached to the skin do not need to move to be used and I think they should still boost AC. If anything say ethereal it won't work in the city as well, it must be sold flesh and bone. There is an archetype that lets you make a golem arm, not sure for which class, but I would avoid that one as well, it might be mechanical, but there are no power sources in the city that can power it in place of the magic that it typically uses.

@Fyre2387 - Yes, entertainers are assigned their work and everyone is tested for potential with music, acting, and art as part of their standard education. The same goes with sports, as spectator sports are a big thing, but not so much violent ones, think along the lines of horse racing and soccer (or football outside the US).

@CatCanCook - Yeah, sometimes I post late at night and I forget how to English, even though I am American >.> I meant backup, not holdout.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 02:00 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8483
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
To be fair to the Alchemist's extra arms, at least, they are Extraordinary, not Supernatural or Spell-like features, so I imagine they'd work just fine, right Pendragon? It's a relevant distinction for anyone considering using, say, Path of War, as some of its disciplines are Supernatural (and thus nonfunctional within the city) while others are simply Extraordinary.

While we're on the topic, how many encounters do you expect we'll be facing in the city compared to outside the city or on its borders? Will there be potentially other things for people to do if they are a spellcaster and can't really contribute anything to a major intrusion, such as working an equivalent of Ops with skill checks?
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 02:24 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
@Muggins - Well... If it isn't a spell-like feature I suppose it would be fine, but transforming in the city wouldn't work, I might even just put it in there that those types of things are hidden from the public at all costs. They don't want anyone to know that there is anything other than monsters out beyond, becoming a monster yourself to protect the city might be too much and raise questions that are hard to dismiss. For the feel of it I suggest trying to keep your character as normal looking for their race as possible. Good question though, brought me a bit of clarity to the setting

I expect a few battles to carry on inside the city, the walls are only so high and things can climb and fly. Casters would be able to hit at range while staying out of the martials way, but I will try to find things for them to do, such as finding a means of defeating the creature without brute force. Using the environment to take it out rather then just blades. Perhaps even having their end goal be to lead it away from the city rather than fight it there. I don't have a full in city encounter worked out yet, but I will try to make it as cool and inclusive as possible.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 01:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1938
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
So are there anything like the Organizations that Path of War offers up as methods of obtaining different Disciplines. I in particular have my eye on The Wayward Path which is an organization for adventurers that records their findings. It seems like one of the more realistic ones for if they should send out a party of Shadows into the wastes to figure out what is going on out there.

Do you have an aesthetic in mind vis a vis fashion and the like? Since you said 1950s-esque that is stuck in my brain, but I'm wondering if you do have some sort of visual in mind?

Last edited by Panthas; Dec 31st, 2020 at 12:55 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 01:40 AM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9609
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Is it Better to be Feared or Respected?
right-aligned image

Name: Eldaaran Vinicio "Longshot"
Race: Elf Fey Sighted and Fey Magic alternate Racial traitsAlternate
Gender Identity: Male (He/Him)
Class: Gunslinger 1, Fighter 3, Unchained Rogue 3, Magus 1
Archetype: mysterious stranger, trench fighter, sniper, eldritch archer
Traits: Ambush Training, Armor Expert
Alignment: LN
Description: Eldaaran is slightly tall for an elf, standing over six feet tall, and is of light build with lithe, toned muscles covering his frame. He stands tall and straight, with a near perfect posture, and has a distinct air of confidence about him. He has golden blond hair and golden eyes to match. He wears an armored coat beneath a dust colored cloak, and has a pair of green glowing goggles on his face. At his hip is a .50 six shooting revolver with two types of ammo around the belt, a smaller pistol load, and then a longer rifle load. On his back is a long, curved handle belonging to the end of an Elven Curved blade of exquisite quality. In his hands is held a fine, large barreled rifle with a scope on it's sight mount. Were one to open up the barrel housing, they'd notice four revolving rifle barrels inside to allow for four shots before the need to reload. The rifle has engravings along the barrel housing and stock, as well as confirmed kill marks along the side of the stock.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Jan 13th, 2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 09:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Think I'm going to pull out.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 04:15 PM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
@pendragon: so, a question here. What are the punishments for crimes generally? Minor stuff like citations and major things like murder?

Also, is making weapons illegal? And what would the underground look like? Is there a crime group that makes weapons and extorts people or anything like that, and how would the security deal with such a thing that would inevitably pop up from time to time?
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 10:19 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Took a couple days off to tackle the new years "honey do list". School starts for the kids tomorrow and my wife wanted to do some rearranging.

I hope you all have had a fun New Years, lets all hope this year is a good one

@Panthas - If you can change the description to align with the flavor of the campaign I will allow it. There is a library at the temple, but it is still too far inside the field for teleportation (tbh, I probably won't be using teleportation as a mechanic unless players take it specifically, you won't just be running into portals). Access to information I can allow.

Fashion in Oroka is a tough one. I can't possibly cover the full scope of gender presentations and wardrobe options, but I found a few that seem to fit what I think would be worn in Oroka. Not a lot of art for this genre unfortunately.
Pick a number:
1. - Female
2. - Male
3. - Female
4. - Neutral male leaning
5. - Agender

@Unforgiven - Elements like you are talking about are generally exiled in quick order before they can get a foothold in the society. You might be thinking that these elements will find a way into the society due to greed and corruption, but somehow the "Light" always seems to root out the small elements before they become a real issue. They can also have their minds altered by the priests to become a ward of the state and those beggars that live outside the light. Minor infractions would involve a citation or a period of heavy labor duties. Weapons are generally unheard of inside the city proper, no real reason to have them in a utopia. Generally speaking, people do not see this as a bad thing, they have been in this culture for centuries, and even the elves have been here for generations. It is all about keeping peace and harmony in the last place on the planet that still follows the light and is civilized.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 11:10 PM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
Well, if no one has weapons, you can make them to gain power over others, even basic weapons would give you a huge advantage against people without weapons.

But, if they effectively have thought police and dark city mind wipe capabilities, then that answers the questions on the vast majority of crimes :P. Just trying to get an idea of how someone's live in the lower class areas would be. I'll have an app up this week, just getting a feel for the area.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Jan 3rd, 2021 at 11:11 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 02:09 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 294
droobles droobles droobles
Interested, but my fighter idea needs 3 archetypes (Learned Duelist, Myrmidon, Runesinger), I could replace Myrmidon with 2 feats, but the concept of an effective 1H duelist, with a cane sword, really needs 2 archetypes