Notices

Old Jan 7th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Looks good to me.

I am still curious why there haven't been more people applying to the game. Usually games like these get over a dozen apps. Oh well. Times changes. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
The two things that occur to me are: something is wrong with my title, or people are put off by the fact that I've only run 1 other game on the site.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14134
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmyr View Post
The two things that occur to me are: something is wrong with my title, or people are put off by the fact that I've only run 1 other game on the site.
I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to make my character. I was looking to make someone with a luck power (bad against enemies good for her) but none f the powers seems to work that way.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 12:03 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Goldmyr

I'd doubt that. The last game we saw here was by someone completely new and it had just so many applicants the GM had to create a small "pre-adventure" to run all the character concepts through in order to pick from all the candidates. Unfortunately, he never finished the game or pre-adventure. Too bad. It was a really good story and he was a good writer.

Ysolde

Yeah, Luck's a bit rough. By the book, you'd get the Luck advantage. Lots of it. If you wanted a power, you'd have to get something like Aid and Weaken, but Aid is limited by the game's Power Level. So you'd have to talk about it with your GM.

As it is, there is no specific power that does "random chance alteration" in the game. You'd have to specify exactly what your character's "luck" does and then build with the game system.

On that thought, Power Profiles has a section on Luck Powers, but as I mentioned above, they limit the structure to Power Level in order to remain legal. But in so far as taking examples on how to build acceptable Luck powers, it is a good section to read.

Old Jan 8th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to make my character. I was looking to make someone with a luck power (bad against enemies good for her) but none f the powers seems to work that way.
https://www.d20herosrd.com/6-powers/...ontrol-control

I found this on the SRD. It's expensive, but might be what you're looking for.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Funny enough I've been considering the same thing.
Or so it seemed
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 12:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Adapter it is! I have her in my head, just need time to type but it may not happen until after the weekend.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 01:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3201
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
I am interested but have never played before. Here's my character concept and a partially filled in sheet, which I constructed using the online SRD, so I probably did some things wrong. It can be accessed by clicking the character name.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Mr. Sardonic
Secret Identity: Caleb Dawes, Man of Leisure

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 9th, 2021 at 12:09 AM.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1483
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I am interested. I am new to M&M. Currently in in a game run by Phettberg. He has been helping me learn. I will read over everyone elses pot to make sure I don't make something that is already being covered. Will have the basic idea up by end of the weekend if not the whole character.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 01:06 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30288
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
right-aligned image
Name: Liam Spikleton
Secret identity cover: Blades
Power/Concept: Superhuman Regeneration, Weapon/Blade construction.
Former Team: Pendragon's People

Description: The hero known as Blades is a bit more identifiable than most of his allies with a bright blue mowhawk and tattoos that cover his body. He is known for wearing a large trench coat that is made of a synthetic material that helps protect him from attacks and acts somewhat as a cape in his crime fighting style. The hero carries himself with a strut of confidence.

Gaining Powers and learning to live with them: Liam's powers first manifested when he was living on the streets of London. They were meta-human in nature and consisted of a healing factor that was for the most part unnoticeable. It allowed him to bounce back quickly from any fall or fight and often times lead him to get into more trouble than he was worth. That behavior eventually landed him in the British military where he was able to work his way through the ranks until he made it into a special forces unit.

At some point during his service he was captured by the enemy and brought to a experimental military lab for a special experiment to help build a more lethal soldier. The procedure was less than sanitary and the side effects were unknown. At the time the enemies who had captured him were not aware of his healing factor so when he was the only one out of the fifty candidates who went through the secret experiment to survive it quickly came to light that he was more than the perfect soldier.

The experiment however had quite a painful and unexpected result. He could now manifest metal blades within his body from his blood stream and have them eject from his body either partially or fully. Once they had ejected he had complete control over them until he dismissed them. Once he realized what he could do he was easily able to escape his captors and make it home, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake.

Shortly after he left military service for a period of self discovery that mostly found him in the nearest pub before he suited up to clean out the local lowlifes in London. Eventually he was recruited by a Superhero who called herself Guinevere after the famed story of legend. She was part of a British Superhero team known as Pendragon's People.

Background:
Liam Spikleton grew on on the streets of London living in one of the orphanages and sneaking out whenever he got the chance. It wasn't until his early teenage years that his powers began to manifest and by then he had become very aware of how to live off the streets. The city worked like a fine tuned machine and Liam knew where to be when to best survive.

The boy did have a temper however that got him into trouble from time to time especially with the local Charlie's who couldn't keep to themselves. They wore those stupid hats that were just askin' for it and sometimes he couldn't be bothered not to take the piss out of a few of them. When it wasn't the local law enforcement it was whatever local gang leader was trying to play top dog that week. He didn't come out unscathed, but he found out quickly that he could either get away or take whatever they had to deal out.

Eventually though it landed him in hot water one to many times, and they put him into military service. There he found the structure he needed and excelled quickly through the ranks stepping up to each new challenge they set before him. Before long he had made it in to the special forces of most elite ranks running recon missions. Liam spent tune as a member of the UKSF Special Reconnaissance Regiment informally known as the 'Black Knights' doing black ops missions. It was during one such mission that he was captured by the enemy and experimented on.

His military service didn't last much longer after that. There was something in him that felt like he was no longer part of the team and he needed to find something else. Once he returned to civilan life he still was a bit lost. He took to drinking in the day and crime fighting at night until eventually he was scooped up by Pendragon.

The team consisted of mostly Arthurian inspired heroes, and they even pushed him to carry the moniker of the Black Knight, but he refused to do so instead adopting the name of Blades.

The Takedown and Survival: It would be nice to be able to say that Blades had survived whatever onslaught overcame Pendragon's People, but the truth was it was nothing more than luck that allowed him to survive. Now Blades had always been the type to land on his feet, but on this night he had a huge falling out with one of his fellow teammates known as Merlin who had been trying to outfit him with some gadgets of his design. The thing was Blades hated the restriction, and he hated even more being told what to do. In a fit of anger he stormed out and retreated to one of the seediest dive bars he could find. The type of place that no one expects to find a hero.

He had been a few pints in when he suddenly realized what was going down as news report after news report flashed on the news of various superhero teams being eliminated. He left the bar and rushed to the team's headquarters but just as he made it into the front door the whole place exploded and the back draft sent him sailing away from the building into a nearby truck. His healing factor prevented him from needing any medical attention, but by the time he woke up, the world had changed.

Old Jan 9th, 2021, 01:59 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
hehe... they are coming out of the woodwork now... =)

Old Jan 9th, 2021, 02:21 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30288
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
You knew we’d come out of the shadows eventually
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1483
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I am thinking about a martial artist style character. Are you allowing the fighting styles from the GM Guide?
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2199
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Posting interest. Thinking of a psychiatrist that uses their behavioral analytical skills and force of presence to read and influence how people act by invoking veiled threats and death stares.

Example: Deflect power that works by the character staring down the attacker sending a vibe of murderous intent to throw off their aim causing them to miss.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
I am thinking about a martial artist style character. Are you allowing the fighting styles from the GM Guide?
Give me a chance to look them over before giving you an answer.