RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 9th, 2021, 12:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2114
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Looks like Delirium has a similar concept, so I switch mine to a logistics coordinator with contacts, Morph, and investigative skills.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16810
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmyr View Post
Give me a chance to look them over before giving you an answer.
I was just browsing the thread and I think I can save you a little time: Afaik fighting styles are just bundles of pre-selected advantages taken from the ones in the player handbook. No new options are introduced.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 06:38 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14134
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
left-aligned image

Name: Arbella Hernandez
Secret identity cover: Lady Luck
Power/Concept: Luck/Buffs Allies and Debuffs Enemies
Former Team: US Gymnastics

Background: When you are born into poverty the world is vastly different from that of people who aren’t. When your parents are in and out of homeless shelters and sometimes you sleep in a car things get down to the ragged edge. Education is haphazard and meals are now and again, the best part of the year isn’t summer break it’s school. That’s when you get a solid lunch every day and you can get seconds too. It’s also when your address can be made up on the fly and you can go to some of the best public schools as long as you can get up early and take a subway. If it turns out you have talent, then things can get even better for you. The school doesn’t care as much about where you might be from and you can spend weekends at your friend’s houses maybe borrow clothes too.

It was hard years for Arbella years of need and want that would stress anyone out. But she made it her years in Gymnastics have put her at the top she was got into and won the US Nationals. Then came the Olympics...

Gaining Powers and learning to live with them: The Tests at the Nationals had come back negative so she didn't even realize she really had powers until the tests came back positive. Then there was a lot of arguing back and forth and finally she had a choice. Pretend to be sick with something or let the world know she had powers and might have been cheating. It was an easy choice and so she went with the pretense of Cancer and watched from the sidelines as her team won silver. The only recompense was that with her powers she could do good for the world and be paid for it. So, Lady Luck was born and Arbella well she'll always be known as the girl who might have been. The golden girl of US Gymnastics who everyone just knows that if she hadn't had cancer would have totally brought home the gold.

Personality: Arbella is a very together girl; she’s been through some of the worst crap a life in the inner city can give and survived. She’s focused and strives to be the best she can be. If someone needs help she’ll help them, but she is the very last person who will ask for help.

Last edited by Ysolde; Jan 11th, 2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 07:28 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Hey Ysolde,

Interesting set of powers. I wanted to add a detail for consideration: Since you are using both Luck Control and Fortunate Failure as 'powers', you won't get to use both of them at the same unless you burn a Hero Point to buy yourself another round of action, and even then, that's not considered at the same time either. Because of that, I'd recommend putting the powers into an array, and saving yourself 29 points to use in other places to continue to develop your character. Assuming this fits your build, of course.

Just a thought. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14134
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Thanks didn't think of that.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Rinninian
Still looking for more players?
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinninian View Post
Still looking for more players?
Applications are open until the 31st.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1433
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Thank you for the suggestion of Hero Labs. I got that and it was so much easier making the character.

I have creative a speedster. 16 year old who played sports and is studying Science. I got the powers and stuff worked out, but am still working on the background.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
(Gah, power went out just as I was typing this up, thankfully it's all still here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Applications are open until the 31st.
kk

So I've worked with M&M a little, but we never got to actually playing M&M, but I got 40+ years of RPG experience otherwise

Given the background we have so far, I'm thinking this would be a good time to use a concept for a character I've bounced around for a few years now called "Final Girl", as in the last survivor of a Slasher Flick

Alison "Ally" Winston was beginning to display some minor meta-human abilities and had been in training on the day of the attacks with her superhero tutors at their headquarters. She wasn't much help of course, and was 'only' gravely injured, while everyone else was killed. After spending a few weeks in a coma, she suddenly woke up fully healed. Traumatized to be sure, but no atrophy or other physical complaints. In fact, she was in better physical health and shape since before the attacks. It would seem a her powers had fully awakened and some new ones had appeared as well.

Powers:

Major: Regen, armor manifestation, Psychic weapon generation, ranged and melee (machetes, axes, and other melee weapons. Bows, crossbows, spearguns, and other simple mechanical ranged weapons)

Minor: Telepathy, Healing others

Drawbacks:

Not sure if this is actually a drawback, still putting the char together in an Excel spreadsheet builder, but when she armors up or starts using her powers, her face may be somewhat covered in a psychic illusion of blood.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Tfarley
This looks great! If there's space then let me know!
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 08:49 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I'm still not happy with my background but I have finished a sheet, though I reserve the right to fiddle with it until I declare it final. Hopefully there aren't any obvious problems, and this guy is quite different from the other luck controller.

Chernobog
Abilities 14 PP
STR (0) 0 AGI (0) 0 FGT (0) 0 AWE (0) 0
STA (7) 7r DEX (0) 0 INT (0) O PRE (0) 0

Defences 21 PP
Dodge (7) 7r Parry (7) 7r
Fortitude (7) 7a toughness (7) 7a
Will (10) 10r

Powers 52 PP
God of dark fates 5 PP
Divine
Luck control 1 3 pp
You can spend a victory point or use Luck to force someone else to reroll a die roll and take the worse of the two rolls. The target of this last effect may spend a victory point or use Luck to avoid having to reroll.
Area (burst) 1 PP
Selective 1 PP
Feature - anyone failing a roll due to this power, should be described doing so in a gruesome way. 1 flat PP.

His divine shadow 33 PP
Divine
Insubstantial 5 25 pp
Continuous 1 pp
Alternate form 1 flat PP
Linked power
Immunity to suffocation 2 PP

Touch of the grave 14 PP
Divine, necrotic
Damage 7
Affects corporeal 7

Advantages 4 PP
Luck 4 4 PP

Skills
14 PP spent for 28 skill points.
Close combat 7
Persuasion 11
Investigation 10
Or so it seemed
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
right-aligned image
Turbo

The link on the name will get you the character sheet. The Wind Conditions power is supposed to be him spinning his arms in front of him and creating a strong wind blowing out away form him, like the Flash could do. I think it covers it, but if something is wrong or missing or you know a better way to cover that power.

Last edited by Draidden; Jan 15th, 2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
Anyone use The Lone Wolf Development Hero Lab Classic to make MM character?

It's like $35, but comes with a ton of character generators and other stuff, not bad if it works well
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 10:39 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yes. I just got it at anothers suggestion and I love it. It made it so much easier to make the character as it keeps track of your power points and gives warnings if you go over a well as suggestions if it thinks you left a defense or other stat too low. Took me maybe an hour to make that character instead of several hours by book/pdf.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Fighting Styles are fine for anyone who wanted to take them.

I am still taking applications and looking at them as they come in.

Boy, the applicants have really started to come out of the woodwork now, huh?