Old Jan 11th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinninian View Post
Anyone use The Lone Wolf Development Hero Lab Classic to make MM character?

It's like $35, but comes with a ton of character generators and other stuff, not bad if it works well
Yes! It is a great tool, easily worth the money (if nothing else, for the time you save) and makes character building so much faster, easier, and better, in my opinion. =)

Although I wish they had a export template that not only displays the powers, but also their build costs. Still, it is a minor inconvenience compared to the 'awesome' you get with the program. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1433
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Although I wish they had a export template that not only displays the powers, but also their build costs. Still, it is a minor inconvenience compared to the 'awesome' you get with the program. =)
True, but at least they do put the totals you spent in each category near the top of the character sheet. So it helps a bit.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14134
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Updated Arbella a.k.a Lady Luck
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 05:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Massive revision underway...I like the character but as I read the other applications there ar some similarities here or there with several characters.

Last edited by Nightshade; Jan 13th, 2021 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 08:34 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
I'm going to start PMing you guys about your applications as I make sure everything is looking good. If I'm having any problems getting the math to work out, I'll let you know there.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Rinninian
So trying to buy the MM character creator from Lone Wolf Development, but it's not listed, I would assume it comes with the purchase of the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Core Data? Can anyone confirm?
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 11:01 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1433
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
The CC is called Hero Lab. That is the main program. Then you get the MM3 data for it. Or the data for any of the other gaming systems they cover.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 11:22 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
So I want to get [ Hero Lab Classic Core ], and that gets me the character creators, but then I need the data for any specific CC, so need to buy the MM core book too?
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
When you buy Hero Lab Classic you get a choice of one free system to use with it. Pick M&M 3rd Edition. =)

Old Jan 12th, 2021, 06:52 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
kk, thanks
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 07:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4882
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
I have been wanting to play M&M for a while, I'm pretty much a noob with it though. App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Superhero Name: Trenchcoat
Concept: Murdered police detective returned from the grave with powers from the Plane of Shadows.

Appearance:
Trenchcoat is a tall, broad-shouldered man with rough features and a scraggly beard. He has a wide nose and a square jaw, and wears a trilby hat over his short black hair. He has thick limbs and hands, and wears a long dark trenchcoat tied around his waist. His pants are plain black but well ironed, and his black business shoes are highly polished. He is often smoking a cigarette. His eyes are the only unsettling thing about his appearance - they are pure black with no iris visible whatsoever.

Powers:
Due to his death and subsequent renewal, Trenchcoat has learned he cannot die. Not from anything he knows of yet. His abilities are all enhanced due to his new abilities, and he can hide in nearby shadows so quickly it's almost as if he was never there. He can summon a cloud of darkness to cover an area, which he often does during a fight as he can see perfectly in the dark and it allows him to knock out his opponents easily with his fists. He also can heal rapidly, but only when he is in the shadows. He still has his detective skills so he is no slouch in that area either.

Background:
Detective Harry Colberg was a homicide detective in his previous life for a major metropolitan department. Though divorced, he had a nice apartment and a dog, enjoyed his work, and kept busy coaching kids at the local boxing gym. However, he got wrapped up in an investigation to discover the identity of the super powered serial killer known only as Slice and Dice. As part of the manhunt, Detective Colberg was put in charge of the task force and had some good leads. He felt he was close to learning Slice and Dice's identity. One night, he came home to find his dog slashed apart in his apartment. Clearing the apartment with his firearm, he was caught by surprise and was stabbed in the heart by Slice and Dice. The last thing he could remember was the evil-looking clown mask Slice and Dice wore and the giggling high-pitched laughter as he kept stabbing Detective Colberg until it went dark.

Something happened between Heaven and Hell. Where Detective Colberg ended up, he didn't know at first, but he now knows it was the Plane of Shadows. The shadows spoke to him, saying a human has never come there before, and expelled him from their plane back to Earth. When Detective Colberg awoke in the morgue later, he saw he had had an autopsy done on himself but couldn't understand why he was still alive. Returning to his apartment and the scene of his murder, he processed what had happened to him and realized he now had abilities far beyond mortal man. Recovering what he needed, he left, and soon the streets were awash with the name of Trenchcoat. A dead man still alive, who could command darkness and hide in the shadows, determined to find justice for the little guy while seeking to find his murderer.

Last edited by Grouchy; Jan 14th, 2021 at 01:44 AM.
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 11:09 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
So I did buy the stuff, but in one place it says I bought, in another it say I've bought nothing, so sent an email to try and get it all fixed, so gonna be a bit before I can use it to make a character
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 11:58 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hope everything works out for you. Those of us who use HeroLab classic swear by it. =)

Old Jan 13th, 2021, 06:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 854
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
I think this is 100% complete.

Application
right-aligned image

Superhero Name: Sorsiel
Concept: An elemental mage from another world

Appearance: A young woman who appears like a completely normal human with brown hair and brown eyes. She is a little on the small side and her build is slight. Her expression is typically warm and welcoming, and she has a certain charm. She's used to normal street clothes and casual wear and would be dressed modestly, perhaps even fashionably despite her bohemian flair. When actually geared up for fighting, however, her ensemble is something truly resplendent, reminiscent of the Greek or Roman gods. And of course no mage would go to battle without her staff.

Powers: Sorsiel blasts things with her magical powers. She is specialized in ice and lightning magic, but knows a couple other tricks to take out a foe, as well as some supportive magic abilities to hinder enemies and keep herself safe.

Background: Sorsiel hails from another world - or more accurately, another dimension. She was an adventurer who had trained hard to become a magician, choosing to specialize in ice and lightning magic. With her exploits and prowess growing, she was given a test by her mentor. However, when she found and stepped though the dimensional doorway to her trial, she wound up.. here: in the futuristic, sci-fi, marvel/dc version of Earth.

Luckily some other special people with powers of their own had found Sorsiel and helped her to adapt to this new world. She still had a few quirks but could pass for somewhat normal. But it wasn't long until all hell broke loose!

Motivations: Sorsiel is still like the adventurer she was when she started out, and one could say that she likes the thrill of exploration and fighting things in general. But deep down she has always had a drive to do good. As otherwise unexplainable as it may be, she has often enjoyed helping other people, and so her goals ultimately become helping people achieve their goals. But it's not like you'll typically find her working at a soup kitchen or painting the neighbor's fence for them. That's boring. If a gang of hooligans needed to be beat up, or someone lost their roll of cash in a ghost-infested subway, however, she's your gal to go to! Sorsiel usually expects a reward when she helps people, but it's more like an afterthought than a precondition. She's always willing to help first but may be disappointed later.

Her other goals are a bit more complex and weird. She knows she isn't from this world and probably wants to go back? But for now she's having a decent time exploring this new world and making some friends, and the people here sure do seem to need a lot of help now.. but ultimately she's got to find her way back. There's also the matter of her mentor's shadow clone that she was supposed to defeat. Is he here somewhere in this dimension? Or.. did something go terribly wrong, and she wasn't supposed to be here at all? Only time will tell.

Character sheet stuff:

Abilities: 10 points total.

Defenses: 11 points total

Skills: 19 points total

Advantages: 6 points total

Powers: 59 points total

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Jan 16th, 2021 at 05:49 AM. Reason: been proofreading, tweaking, refining. hopefully this is the last edit.