twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 28th, 2020, 05:25 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4820
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
The Adventure Begins

Game NameThe Adventure Begins
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeFrom Nobodies to Heroes
FlavourStory driven adventure with some mystery and intrigue.
Plot Summary]"We did everything we could to hold them back, but it mattered not. All that bloodshed and for what? Because I wouldn’t give them my only daughter willingly? How can they justify such an attack?"

You are a member of a small village that does not normally see much in the way of grand adventure, but a sudden raid inspires those that can fight to band together and do so. Will you save your village and discover the reason for the attack? Fall in love and live happily ever after? Empower your friends to forge their own destiny? Or just die trying against a goblin punch?

The Adventure Begins is a D&D 5e adventure for 1-4 players. It is meant to be a fun and enjoyable game with more story and skill challenges than difficult combat. There is a depth to the adventure and a mystery to solve if players want to explore this plotline a little more carefully, but ultimately it is just about enjoying a fantasy story.

I would like to run this adventure for a group of 2-4 players. No previous experience with 5th Edition is required, and you do not need to be a fan of Critical Role to apply. Characters should start at 1st level and level up to 3rd before the end of the adventure. Please use the list of classes & races available on the website here or in published books to make your character. No unofficial sourcebooks, please.

Setting LoreThis game is set in a world much like you will find in many other Medieval Fantasy games. Your character is a member of a small village that is suddenly attacked by raiders intending to slaughter every living person in your hometown. You will need to work together to survive the attack before finding answers to why these raiders came and what could possibly have driven them.

If you absolutely do NOT want to start out as a villager being thrust into adventure, you can tell me why your character happened to be in the village when it was attacked. So long as it is an interesting story for an interesting character, I will still consider your application fairly.

Submission Requests
I am looking for players that are willing to post at least 1-2 times per week. If you are interested, please submit your character for consideration before January ends (1/31). I will choose my players by then. You can have any class/background combo for any role you like. But your character should probably have skills that allow them to participate functionally in both physical and social encounters, even if that skill is comic relief. It’s more fun to participate than wait for your turn to contribute, after all.

Roles
Each character needs a role to fill within the group. I am specifically looking for character interaction roles, not combat zone roles. What does your character bring to the table for this new group of adventurers? Are they the protector that keeps the group safe? The public face that handles social negotiations? The clever one that offers solutions to circumventing/solving traps, puzzles, and other obstacles? Are they the glue that holds the group together?

This part is very important to me. I want to know what sort of story will be told if your character is a part of the group. If no one picks a role of being the educated informant, for example, then I know not to deal so much with the history of things. And if everyone picks a hot social character, then I know that we’re doing a D&D story that you would see on the CW. :|

If you need a list of specific options, let me know and I will work one up. If you would like to submit a character sheet for consideration, you can submit a full level 1 character sheet if you wish. But here is the minimum of what I am looking for:

Name: Nothing too ridiculous please.

Description: Need a picture of your character. Feel free to write out any details about race/age/style/etc as well.

Class: If you have plans to multiclass by level 3, give me a heads up please.

Motivation: Your character WANTS to be an adventurer on some level, even before this life or death excuse was thrust upon them. Why?

Target Role: List which role your are applying for and how you expect your character to fulfill it. See above for details on roles.

Roleplaying Sample: Just a brief paragraph or a link to give me an idea of your style of play. You can write it out or show me a link.

I am MOST interested in looking for interesting characters that fit these roles, so Motivation and Target Role are the first things I am really looking at. Just FYI.

We will be going over specifics for character creation once the game starts up, but you are free to tinker around with character creation or generation at your leisure so you have a better grasp of what you can and cannot do mechanically. Characters will start with gear and gold as if they had created a level 1 character, except they will also be able to roll for treasures of the DM Magic Items Table B.

You can use anything in a published D&D book. Please, no Unearthed Arcana.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Player Character Class and Race Role Reason Status
Desteploof the daylight moonDupetWizard gnomeutility/control magicknowledgeableinsurance isn't coveredComplete
Deadshot15Gregor SeawindCleric Humansupport/negotiator/leadertired of workWIP
Martyn Jayson HawkwindRogue HumanSkill MonkeyScouting AmendsComplete
triedtherestFlailBarbarian GoliathWrestling ChampProtectorComplete
MadripperTaeMonk HumanVoice of ReasonKnowledgeComplete
Arjuna332CairnhallDruid HumanEccentric Old HealerSoft SpotComplete
VatheSambenFighter HalflingThe HeartHonor Withdrawn
AlemarTyren ForstellWarlock TieflingGlueTake a ChanceComplete
YoshimiExidorFighter GithyankiDevil's AdvocateThwart an incursion Complete
anamiac Sauna the WitchWizard GnomeEducated informantLegitimacyComplete
danabCobb Holt Paladin Horse-face gentle giant questions Complete
The Rat QueenRoheseBard Half-elfthe face/supportlots of reas-fame!Complete
Demandredd Gil RurnoskPaladin HumanSteadfast moral compasduty over wishesComplete
TfarleyThelaminWizard High ElfGroup LeaderlegacyComplete
ShatterstormConstructed Ranger, Model 0, Weapons VariantC.R.O.W.Ranger Warforgedand Goblin speakerDefenderDefend the villageComplete
UGOTMERCdOwain StrongarmFighter Half-OrcProtectorBe the BestComplete
------

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 19th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 06:10 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Placeholder....
I'm thinking a young female Divine Soul. Because i want a religious priestess type that has charisma. Lawful Good Naive.
give me time to find a pic similar to your own and come up with a story.

Last edited by JohnStone; Dec 28th, 2020 at 06:10 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 06:24 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Name: Dupet of the daylight moon
Description: Forest gnome, grey eyes, short green hair, woody brown skin, turquoise robes

Class: wizard (scribe from tashas)
Motivation: just opened a book store before the raids. Terrible for business! Insurance isn’t covered!
Target Role: utility/control magic, knowledgeable
Roleplaying Sample: “GAH!” She slams a book onto the counter, a feathered bookmark carefully placed between its pages, “how am I going to run a book shop when all everyone ever talks about is those darn goblins!” She looks at her drama section gathering dust and feels dread and frustration at the lack of customers... looking at her spellbook within its glass case then out to the pedestrians walking past her shop without a glance.. she decides to take action!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Desteplo; Dec 30th, 2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 308
Deadshot15 Deadshot15 Deadshot15 Deadshot15
Gregor Seawind

WIP

Name: Gregor Seawind
Description: Human sailor come Cleric (Sandy brown hair, blue eyes, easy, reassuring smile, 6ft. 180lbs)
Motivation: tired of working the fishing boats with his family, Gregor has spent time with the local priest, learning the ways and hoping to improve enough to venture out into the unknown.
Target Role: support magic, negotiator, leader
Roleplaying Sample: Having finished with the boats and nets for another day, Gregor wearily walked towards towards the chapel to speak with the village priest. 'I know I can be of more help than just catching fish," he thought as he stumbled over the small bridge towards the tiny chapel. "I just need a chance to prove myself!"

https://www.deviantart.com/yamaorce/...comm-366097029

Last edited by Deadshot15; Dec 28th, 2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: formatting
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 10:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 803
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
right-aligned image
Name: Jayson Hawkwind
Description: Human, Black Hair, Black Eyes, Pale Complexion, 5'8", 138#
Class: Rogue (Scout)
Motivation: Failed to warn the town in time. Jayson wishes to stop the raid to make ammends.
Target Role: skill monkey
Roleplaying Sample:

Old Dec 28th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2072
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
left-aligned image

Name: Flail
Description: Goliath, no hair - shaved, wears a loincloth with a semi-ornate belt and nothing else. Boisterously friendly, but unfortunately he is not very bright.
Class: Barbarian (going into Bear Totem Subclass)
Background: Entertainer
Motivation: He is a semi-professional wrestler, trying to prove his strength in the most obvious way possible. He came into town for a festival, to compete in competition and to entertain the crowds with his prodigious strength, only...there was no festival, he came to the wrong town!
He still has not realised his mistake.
Target Role: Protector (he thinks that virtually everyone is weaker than him and needs his protection), social introduction (his fame may open some doors for the group), Social Intimidation
Roleplaying Sample:

Last edited by triedtherest; Dec 29th, 2020 at 09:42 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 01:54 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Madripper Madripper Madripper
Name: Tae
Description: Stands 5"5", blue eyes, with blonde hair that is tied into a braid at the back of her head; at the end of the braid is a triangular shaped stone that is situated so that one point is directed at the ground. Currently her braid is tight to the back of her head. She wears simple breeches, a tunic, and carries a spear.
Class: Monk
Background: Hermit
Motivation: Tae is apart of a monastery, she has been tasked by a senior member to search the lands for old and new teachings. She is currently in a small town at the beginning of her journey when it is attacked by raiders......
Target Role: Tae will be a voice of logic and common sense... lending her knowledge first and strength second to aid those in need.

Roleplaying sample: It's early morning when Tae arrives at the town of ?????, she hasn't been on the road long since leaving the monastery. She walks the main roadway searching for the market to purchase some dry food for her travels.

The town appears busy.... travelers and adventurers from all walks of the world are about. Making her way through the town it doesn't take long for Tae to locate the market. She purchases some fruits, dried meat and fills her water-skin. As she pays the vendor a scream from the distance captures her attention...

Tae finishes her transaction; turns while spinning her spear in her hand, and starts off towards the commotion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tae.png
Views:	8
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	88922  

Last edited by Madripper; Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Uploaded image for Tae
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 02:02 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Old Druid
right-aligned image
Name: Cairnhall

Description: Human with wizened feature, thick white beard and balding. Wearing old and shabby robe, is seen carrying a staff. Always presents himself in sagely manner, though a little bit eccentric.

Class: Druid (going into Circle of Life)

Background: Hermit

Motivation: Cairnhall was never a proper member of the community as he lived in seclusion at a nearby forest, but the townsfolk didn't seem to mind his presence much whenever he came to town, and many people seemed to think of him as that 'one eccentric hermit who sometimes shows up at town to look for stuff'. Sometimes, some of the townspeople even gave him food whenever he showed up, so despite him not being a part of the community, he had some kind of soft spot towards the town and its people, and would do his best to assist the town in its hour of need. Despite his old age, he had never gone to an adventure, spending most of his time in the forest.

Target role: Healer and disperser of wisdom to others who are younger than him

Roleplaying Sample:

Last edited by Arjuna332; Dec 30th, 2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 171
Cap Ut Cap Ut
How do you feel about customized backgrounds and races?

Last edited by Cap Ut; Dec 29th, 2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 08:18 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
I enjoy customization, so long as it isn't game breaking mechanics!
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 12:30 PM
Storyjunkie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 390
DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo
So I've noticed some of the people signing up are mentioning their subclasses etc.

Unless I read wrong, this adventure takes us "[italics]up to 3rd before the end of the adventure[/italics]" which means we'd only be able to access our subclasses for the end game, presumably.

Is that an accurate read on this game?
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
You will not start with subclass options until you reach the appropriate level, yes. Starting at level 1 for the raid attack, you will probably reach level 2 by the time the raiders are dealt with (and some classes do get their subs at level 2). Then level 3 will probably occur before the big finale, depending on the pace that the players take.

I have asked, however, that the players let me know what direction they are thinking because as a GM it gives me an idea of the sort of character they are going for!
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 10:16 PM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1877
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe

Last edited by Vathe; Jan 13th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Found a picture, put it in a spoiler. Don’t know how to format well + on my phone. Took forever to find a gnome reading a book that wasn’t a Keebler elf

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Looks good!