twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 7th, 2021, 10:21 AM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
My application for Nakazawa should be good to go.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Looks good to me, though shouldn't inquisitor be within one step of their deity's alignment? Gozu Tenno's alignment is Chaotic Neutral, so his clerics/inquisitors should either be Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil.

If you want him to be lawful, you can either make him worship Takamagahara, or make him into a different class entirely (while still allowing him to venerate Gozu Tenno).
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Looks good to me, though shouldn't inquisitor be within one step of their deity's alignment? Gozu Tenno's alignment is Chaotic Neutral, so his clerics/inquisitors should either be Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil.

If you want him to be lawful, you can either make him worship Takamagahara, or make him into a different class entirely (while still allowing him to venerate Gozu Tenno).
You are right. I will switch over to Takamagahara.
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Can you add favored weapons to the deities?
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 12:28 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristal08Darkmoon View Post
Can you add favored weapons to the deities?
Favored weapons have been added.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Working on an maybe half-elvenelven esquire Ronin/Knight Errant ordercavalier with a debating race though leaning towards kitsuneforester hunter as her aide-de-camp.

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Jan 10th, 2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 08:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Kaida
Race: Half(?)[secret=Arjuna332]Final decision dependent upon an answer to my last question.Elf
Class: Ronin/Knight Errant, Esquire archetypeCavalier
Trait: Choose 1 Trait. 2nd Trait is optional.
Drawback: Mandatory if 2nd Trait is taken.
Alignment: Neutral
Deity:
Optional. Mandatory if your chosen class is Cleric, Inquisitor, Warpriest or Paladin. Can be chosen from the list below.
History:*Write at least a paragraph of your character's history.
Personality: Write at least a paragraph of your character's personality.
Appearance: Provide both picture and written description of your character.
Reason: Why do your character become a youkai hunter? Were their parents murdered by some vicious youkai? Was it because of family traditions? Is youkai hunting a lucrative business? State your reason here at least in a short paragraph.

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Jan 12th, 2021 at 08:47 PM.
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 11:56 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14134
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
right-aligned image

Name: Kamiya Seifun
Race: Kitsune
Class: Cleric or (Shrinemaiden)
Trait: Beacon of Faith
Alignment: LG
Deity: Ohiruhime
History: Kitsune themselves are a little known race, even within the realms of the Yamato. The Seifun clan was a band of travelers, dancers and storytellers. They would bring their arts of illusion to various towns and joy would follow them until one day they played for a Dark being a Yokai. The tale they wove drove the being mad with anger and he cursed the clan. Soon after that they would find villages turning them away, pots rusted, wagon wheels broke, and bandits seemed to waylay their every step. The clan split apart in the hopes that the curse would not follow all of them, but even apart tragedy would strike. When Kamiya's father passed away due to an accidental poisoning her mother had enough. She went into a shrine and begged the gods for their help. So it was that Amatatsu, mother of Kamiya became a shrine maiden.

Kamiya herself has followed in the footsteps of her mother and she too is a shrine maiden. To this she still hears stories of the Yokai and their various curses. Kamiya is often drawn from the shrine to deal with these dark forces. Returning back to her mother and the shrine with her tales and a hope that someday, somewhere, she will find a way to bring her family back together.

Personality: Despite the tragedy in her life Kamiya is happy and full of joy. She will dance in the sunlight for nearly no reason, sing, and just provide joy to all around her. She has a hard time believing that any person or sentient is truly evil and will always try to get them to change their ways if she can. She reserves her anger for the Yokai and that anger can be terrible indeed.

Appearance: Long flowing silver hair, bright blue eyes, pointed silver ears atop her head, and a flowing fluffy silver tail make Kamiya stand out. Add on the vestments of her calling and she is a sight that brings many people into the shrine.

Reason: Kamiya hunts the Yokai for two reasons: The first, because they tore her family apart with their dark curse. The Second because it is her duty as a servant of Ohiruhime, the goddess of the Sun. She refuses to allow any Yokai to go unpunished and will see them all destroyed for these reasons both holy and personal.

Last edited by Ysolde; Jan 13th, 2021 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 01:00 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Looking pretty good @Cristal08Darkmoon and @Ysolde.

Old Jan 13th, 2021, 01:54 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
Wisp Wisp Wisp
Yukino Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Yukino
Race: Rakshasa-spawn | Pass for Human and Soul Seer alternate racial traits.Tiefling
Class: Ninja
Trait: Ambush Training, Hardly a Fool
Drawback: Bitter
Alignment: Neutral
Deity: Tsukiyomi

History: A member of the fading Tora ninja clan, Yukino's life was decided for her from the moment she was born. Her childhood was made up of training regimen, after training regimen, the monotony only broken by the outings her elder brother, Nobuyuki, would take her on. The young woman's world only expanded beyond her village when she turned sixteen and the elders decided she was ready to be sent out on a handful of what few contracts the clan still managed to acquire. These tasks ranged from working as a scout, bodyguard, messenger, and on rare occasions, assassin. The work itself, to Yukino, was as monotonous as her training had been and left her wanting something more. Yet she has never strived to become anything other than what she is, a tool to be used by the elders of her clan as they see fit.

This mindset only changed when her elder brother vanished two years ago. The clan did nothing to find him and simply went on without him. Something Yukino could not stand, but, she didn't complain. Instead, she began to doubt how wise the elders were, even if she did continue to do their bidding. But, even before Nobuyuki vanished the clan itself had fallen on hard times and things only got harder. Fewer and fewer individuals sought out their skills and keeping the clan afloat became a struggle. Yet even with the bleak situation, it took Yukino well over six months to convince the elders to allow her to take up mercenary work in an attempt to help bring in some coin. When they did accept Yukino took her leave of the village she called home and has since become a youkai hunter, or, an aspiring one at least.

Personality: Straightforward, blunt, and somewhat cold means Yukino can come off as rude, mean, or downright terrifying to the right people. She's a no-nonsense sort of person who wholly focuses on her given task and works to get it done in the most efficient way possible. Perhaps because of this Yukino has a difficult time building lasting relationships on anything more than a business level. In addition to that, she has trouble trusting others and tends to approach any interaction she has with someone as a business deal of sorts. It is rare for her to let down her guard, often only dropped when around family or incredibly drunk.

A surprise to most who discover it is Yukino's unwavering loyalty. If she trusts in something or someone she will back them no matter the odds. A dedication only truly known by her clan and elder brother, Nobuyuki. To her, those two things are the most important parts of her life and all her actions are taken in the hopes to provide a better future for both. However while loyal that does not mean Yukino puts her trust in such things, trust is a very different thing to the woman and she truly only trusts her elder brother. For all she knows her clan would sell her out for a quick gold. Her trust is a gift never earned by someone she hasn't known all her life and it would take an extraordinary individual to change that.

Appearance: Yukino stands at just over 5'6" and is a lean and toned individual who can, surprisingly so, easily blend into a crowd. Her skin has the barest hint of color and warmth to it and seems to be devoid of scars or markings of any kind. Atop her head is a messy mop of black hair that is consistently pulled back into a messy ponytail with a fair amount still falling in and around her face. Miraculously her deep grey eyes seem to remain unaffected by the copious amounts of hair that falls into her face. A face that is comprised of sharp curves and features. Often with a serious expression fixated upon it, Yukino is a woman of few smiles. Of note and an often overlooked fact, is that Yukino herself Her demonic trait in regards to Pass for Human.casts no shadow.

Her attire is simple and easy to move in, often comprised of simple and faded colors allowing her to blend into crowds easily should the need arise. The only true item of note is the red ribbon she uses to tie her hair back, a gift from her elder brother.

Reason: Yukino decided to become a youkai hunter for one singular reason, her clan. In recent years they've fallen on hard times and work has become scarce. With less money flowing in things are looking bleak, and her clan might not even be a clan much longer if things don't change. As such she found the highest paying job she could and plans to make as much gold as she can, sending most, if not all, of her earnings back to the only real family she's ever known.

At least, that's the default response Yukino would give to anyone who asks, and it is true, to an extent. Her second, perhaps more important reason is to attempt to find a trace of her brother who vanished hunting a youkai himself. He did not die, as there was nobody, no trace, and nothing to prove he had actually perished, he simply vanished. It is Yukino's hope that she can find out what happened to him whether a youkai was actually involved or not, and, if he's willing, bring him home.

Last edited by Wisp; Jan 16th, 2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 02:52 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
@Wisp, looks good to me.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 12:22 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
List of applications has been added. We still need more players to join, or else I may have to postpone the game.

Old Jan 15th, 2021, 04:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5480
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
I'm down for this game. Give me a bit to put an application together.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 08:31 AM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
I'm currently working on an application as a silksworn occultist, should have it up today or tomorrow.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
I'm currently going through the rules as I'm not too familiar with Pathfinder, but I'm definitely interested in putting an application together. Are gunslingers from the Ultimate Combat book allowed?