twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 149
Cyrus527 Cyrus527
Table top games, especially the campaign I was dm'ing, was the best part of my week when I was very young. My friends were into it, and that was incredible because they were really not into the d and d world before that. It kind of cemented our friendship for many years. That being said, I would never have the time to play a table game now. I do plan on Playing again when I have kids though. Better than them sitting in front of a tv all day.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
shadowsedge
You can come close but never duplicate that feeling of sitting down with good friends having a couple beers and playing some good ol' table- top. Not to mention some of my best discussion were around some character sheets and some d-20's. I miss those days, to bad I cant find a group near me. Oh well play by post is just as good.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Shaughraun
I love the atmosphere in the room whenever there is a twist in the tale. Dead silence and looks of awe. For that moment I get really sucked into the world.
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12337
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Tabletop is definitely something else. Getting games organized can be somewhat difficult, but very recently my friends and I managed to get a few other friends (who were adamantly opposed to trying anything tabletop) into a game, and it was a great experience to see them getting excited, coming up with plans of action, and really getting into the game.
Old Apr 19th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
Pilgrim22 Pilgrim22
Tabletop and Play by Post--Both Good!

If I had people to play with face-to-face that would be awesome, but I don't right now. So play-by-post is what is available and much better than not playing at all. So, let's get playing!
Old Jul 27th, 2018, 03:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9885
Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman
Lots of good points have been made. Table top is incredible. As mentioned before, the quirks of the different players from superstitions to accents(good ones and horrible ones), the awe of major game developments or plot twists and excitement of a dangerous fight.

That moment when the fate of party seemingly comes down to one roll by one player.