Game Thread Prelude: What Lay Forgotten - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Floating Isles of Scatterah
twitter facebook
0 8 7 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Demian Rex's Avatar
Demian Rex Demian Rex is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-29-2013
RPXP: 274
Demian Rex Demian Rex Demian Rex
Posts: 701
FIRST POST AS GM!!!

Too busy boasting to the half-giant, Grhan fails to notice the undead creature sidestepping from his last attack. As such, he strikes true on nothing but the stone floor. Malachi's laughter booms through the hall as he lunges forward. Just before his bluish blade impales the creature, a bolt flies by his shoulder and catches it square between the eyes, snapping it's head back. Malachi growls almost in rage as his mind sword skewers the already collapsing ghoul.

"Not fair!" Malachi points back to the others entering the room as his mind blade dematerializes and lets the dead undead fall to the floor. "They were not a part of the deal... Damn good shot though..." He turns to Nava and tips his head and smiles.

 

Last edited by Demian Rex; 02-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Captain Devonin's Avatar
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin is online now
"Not just a pretty face."
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-15-2019
RPXP: 15899
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Posts: 17,905
"Quit yer' bellyaching. Who cares bout' fair? It's dead. We're not." Katrina questions, while lowering her bow in which a second arrow is already waiting. She takes a T10: Perception 15long, slow look around the room, trying to make sure the idiot men hadn't attracted the attention of anything else. It's then she spots the door, and raises an eyebrow. 'Huh, didn't see that before... '

"Grhan, make sure it says down. Unless ya' wanna whine bout' that scratch o' yours instead. Someone should go tell em' to start movin' people in here too. Don't have time to be standin' around or doin' things one thing at a time," Katrina says, and true enough to her word, she's already moving toward the door in the room. She pauses next to it, pressing her ear up against it and T10: Perception 15listening carefully. Whether or not she hears anything on the other side, she'd then test it to see if it is open, stuck, or locked.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2019
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,230
Eperry approaches the corpse and crouches, making sure to examine the undead thoroughly in case there were any hints or signs of more.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Demian Rex's Avatar
Demian Rex Demian Rex is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-29-2013
RPXP: 274
Demian Rex Demian Rex Demian Rex
Posts: 701
Katrina listens at the door. No sounds can be heard from the other side. Trying the door, she find that it is indeed stuck, but only slightly so as it opens after a couple stout pushes. Light from the open door floods in revealing nothing but more stone floor for the next 15 feet or so. The room seems to be as wide as the one they are currently in but it is too dark to see how long it is.

~*~

As Eperry studies the corpse, he notices an overwhelming odor of decay and a movement of air coming from the room behind the broken wall. A quick glance in, even in poor light conditions, reveals the source of the stench and air flow: down. Just beneath where the bottom of the stairs meets the floor, a large hole exists, easily big enough for the dead ghoul to have crawled through. Sounds of things moving around excitedly can be heard emanating from the dark hole.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
DaMavster's Avatar
DaMavster DaMavster is offline
Sometimes, I eat cake
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2019
RPXP: 6040
DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster
Posts: 5,939
Grhan can only laugh at Malachi's frustration. "Ha! Guess we'll call that one a draw!" Even though he has to physically look up to talk to the giant, the tone of his voice clearly indicates that he considers him an equal.

Giving the undead one last kick to make sure it's dead, Grhan wanders over to where Katrina is examining the door. He speaks abruptly, and perhaps a little too loudly. "See anything?" He
Dice Perception:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
peers into the darkness himself, regardless of her answer, then walks boldly in.
__________________

Posting Status: Delayed, see here
Recruiting: Hell is for Heroes | Playing: Sky Cities of Magida, Tangled Web, Pirates of Drinax
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Nava stands surprised at herself, the arrow hit home something she was not expecting. Sorry I guess Nava mumbled clearly the shock of the fight as well as the presence of the undead shook her a bit. Maybe we should make sure the hallway me an Katrina were checking is safe, I don't want these creatures to sneak up on us... she trailed off with her voice

and by sneaking up on us I mean the rest of the caravan as well as Varis.

OOChave we applied for a game rescue yet or whats going on?
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 02-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Demian Rex's Avatar
Demian Rex Demian Rex is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-29-2013
RPXP: 274
Demian Rex Demian Rex Demian Rex
Posts: 701
Malachi grunts at Grhan's remark as the barbarian kicks the ghoul and trots back to Katrina. He cocks his head a bit as Eperry studies the ghoul and the room behind it. "See anything interesting, priest?" He sticks his head in the hidden room, unperturbed by the smell of death and decay. He quickly sees the hole in the floor and hears the the sounds coming from below. "Oh, what do we have here? I guess we know where this He kicks the ghoul absently.little guy came from. Do you think there's more down there? Sure smells and sounds like it..." His voice trails off with his question intended for Eperry or anyone else who might have heard him ask it.

~*~

Grhan steps through the doorway and is immediately enveloped by near darkness as his bulk blocks most of the light from behind him. What little light is left becomes clouded with dust kicked up from the long untrodden floor. A dank musky smell further confirms any suspicion that he would have been the first person to walk through that doorway since it was last shut however many years ago. His footsteps echo softly ahead of him, meaning the room is likely 50 feet or more in length. Without a light source or some form of enhanced dark vision, there would be no way to see anything beyond where the light from the doorway ends.

Last edited by Demian Rex; 02-23-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Captain Devonin's Avatar
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin is online now
"Not just a pretty face."
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-15-2019
RPXP: 15899
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Posts: 17,905
"More o' em?" Katrina asks as she swivels around to look back over toward Malachi and Eperry. Grumbling, she jogs on over toward the place they'd entered from, pausing only when she nears Nava to add: "And don't apologize for doin' a good job, especially not to the likes o' them. Just keep doin' that and we'll get a long just fine."

Grinning, she then hurries past Nava, and back out into the hall. She isn't gone long, only long enough to retrieve her pack and return. When she does, she enters the room holding another one of the flares in her hands. "Right. They still down there? Why don't we send em' a little surprise to try and get them to come out here? Stand next to the hole, and cut down each one as they pop up. Lest' someone has a problem with that plan."
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM
DaMavster's Avatar
DaMavster DaMavster is offline
Sometimes, I eat cake
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2019
RPXP: 6040
DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster
Posts: 5,939
'Wait, did she say more of them?'

Grhan abandons the dark room and heads back to the well room. At Katrina's suggestion, he readies his ax and stands nearby. "No problem. Sounds fun. Drop away!" He grins.
__________________

Posting Status: Delayed, see here
Recruiting: Hell is for Heroes | Playing: Sky Cities of Magida, Tangled Web, Pirates of Drinax
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Nava stands nervously behind Malachi and Grhan C..can we seal up this hole? we don't know how many there are and what if there is lots of 'em? Nava said nervously Maybe I could take a look down there, I can see fine in the dark and don't even need a light. that way we don't stir the hornets nest. Nava then stopped a second she didn't mean to spurt those last words but alas they had been spoken.

Good job you dolt know you are probably going to have to go down there all alone.
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 02-24-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Demian Rex's Avatar
Demian Rex Demian Rex is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-29-2013
RPXP: 274
Demian Rex Demian Rex Demian Rex
Posts: 701
Malachi laughs again. "Ha, ha, no little one, just covering this hole solves nothing. Those things got down there somehow, and I doubt it was through this previously unbroken wall. The more we explore these ruins, the better chance we have of running into more of these creatures without the high ground advantage in our favor. Best to deal with as many as we can now."

From down the hole, the noises grow more fervent. It even sounds like one of the creatures is trying to climb out. A few moments later, this suspicion is confirmed as you hear a couple quick scrapping noises, a trailing off groan, and a loud crashing thud. Apparently whichever one had just tried to climb out missed a hand hold somewhere and fell back down. You all know, however, that it's only a matter of increasingly shorter time before one or more of them makes it out of that hole.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
DaMavster's Avatar
DaMavster DaMavster is offline
Sometimes, I eat cake
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2019
RPXP: 6040
DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster DaMavster
Posts: 5,939
As the creature falls back down the hole, Grhan laughs and leans over the edge. "Come on! You can do better than that!" Grinning mischievously, he lifts the Grhan can lift 460 pounds according to his strength value. Yes, he'd go for the biggestlargest chunk of rubble that he can find, then unceremoniously dumps it down the hole. "Here! You can stand on this as a booster! Don't let it hit you!"

He turns to look at the others gathered around. "...What?"
__________________

Posting Status: Delayed, see here
Recruiting: Hell is for Heroes | Playing: Sky Cities of Magida, Tangled Web, Pirates of Drinax
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Demian Rex's Avatar
Demian Rex Demian Rex is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-29-2013
RPXP: 274
Demian Rex Demian Rex Demian Rex
Posts: 701
The largest chunk of wall Grhan can find weighs about 300 pounds and has many appealing skull bashing edges. Dropping it in the hole, it bounces off a bit of a ledge probably 10 feet below before falling for another second our two and landing with a satisfying swishing crunch. Apparently at least one of the creatures had not heeded the barbarian's warning. From the length of time it took the rock to fall, you can judge the depth of the hole to be about 50, probably ending in some sort of room to hold the number of creatures heard below.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Nava moves up to Grahn and
Dice Roll:
1D20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23
peers Into the darkness, Darkvision 60 fther eyes not needing the light the others need, she attempts to count how many of the foul beasts are in darkness.
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 02-25-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Demian Rex's Avatar
Demian Rex Demian Rex is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-29-2013
RPXP: 274
Demian Rex Demian Rex Demian Rex
Posts: 701
Looking down the hole, Nava can see it is a vertical shaft roughly 7 feet in diameter and 30 feet deep. It has obviously been worked by hand, but that was many many years ago. Maybe whoever excavated this hole was trying to reach the cave chamber just below it. It's hard to tell if they succeeded. Even though the chamber is exposed, a rock cave in happened very recently, which might have finally exposed it. This cave in has also given the ghouls below the ability to reach the shaft walls and start climbing out.

There are at least 3 ghouls moving around that can be seen at any given time. One more is laying on the ground unmoving with a large rock sitting squarely where it's head should be. Even though only three can be seen at a time, it sounds like there are at least a few more milling around just out of view. An educated guess would put the total number of live ghouls between 5 and 10.

When Katrina drops the flare down the hole, anyone else looking in can see the same scene. The flare causes a bit of a frenzy and 6 ghouls can clearly be counted trying to swarm the light source. From the movements of the group, it still seems like a couple cannot be seen. One of the ghouls picks up the flare and tries to east it, but only succeeds in severely burning it's putrid face as it howls in frustration, dropping the flare back to the ground.

Last edited by Demian Rex; 02-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB