DnD5e The Little Curio Shop of Horrors - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2021, 06:37 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 405
NordicForge NordicForge NordicForge NordicForge NordicForge
Applications:
right-aligned image

Name: Garrison Ghrim
Class: Charismatic Hero
Background: Creative

Personality: Garrison is often though of as arrogant due to his quick wits and commanding stage presence, but it is all just part of the act. He knows he is good, but he also understands he has a long way to go if he wants to be a great slight of hand artist. Off stage he is an easy going, laid back guy with a bit of southern charm sprinkled on.

When not engaged, he is often lost in thought, almost as if he is searching for the answer to something, perhaps his next trick. He has not let anyone close enough to know.

Appearance: Garrison is of average height, roughly 5'11 with short unkept brown hair that always looks perfectly groomed though in fact it never is. His eyes are blue, and he usually wears casual denim blue jeans, with a simple white shirt and a black leather jacket given to him by his father.

Backstory: Since he was a kid, Garrison was always enthralled by magic acts and grew up learning the trade. His father was his biggest fan and always encouraged him to follow his heart. Garrison's belief in magic died when his father past away. He still loved magic, and continued to get better, but real magic was a kids dream to him now that the real world opened his eyes.

Garrison opened a small magic shop with his fathers inheritance. He struggled to make ends meet, and ended up closing the shop. After that he started performing and selling props at local conventions. Where he met Jessica and some of her friends once. Apparently an impression was made, or maybe pity for a struggling artist, because Jessica soon invited him to perform again for one of her parties.

Last edited by NordicForge; Oct 5th, 2021 at 07:09 PM.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 06:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5696
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posting Interest. I'll need to look over the 5e Modern Ruleset but this looks like it would be a lot of fun.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 07:02 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@hal, is there any chance for feedback ? Just so I can improve my writing and concepts.
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2695
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
@JasonTheSwift: I like what you have there in your application. It seems to fit the campaign from what I can tell.
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 09:41 AM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
i'm definitely interested but got a little busier than i expected this week. what's the deadline?
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I have no deadline as of yet, I am waiting for a couple more applications so I do have a little choice to make.
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30034
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
right-aligned image

Name: Arbella Hernandez
Class: Fast Hero
Personality: Arbella is a very together girl; she’s been through some of the worst crap a life in the inner city can give and survived. She’s focused and strives to be the best she can be. If someone needs help she’ll help them, but she is the very last person who will ask for help.

Background: Athlete

Appearance: Arbella is about four and a half feet tall and weighs in around a hundred or so pounds. She has a petite gymnast’s frame with wiry muscles. Her skin is a light mocha color and her hair is ebony black. Her eyes are a deep brown and look at the world with a wary glance of someone who is expecting bad things to happen.

Backstory: When you are born into poverty the world is vastly different from that of people who aren’t. When your parents are in and out of homeless shelters and you sleep in a car sometimes things get down to the ragged edge. Education is haphazard and meals are now and again, the best part of the year isn’t summer break it’s school year. That’s when you get a solid lunch every day and you can get seconds too. It’s also when your address can be made up on the fly and you can go to some of the best public schools as long as you can get up early and take a subway. If it turns out you have talent, then things can get even better for you. The school doesn’t care as much about where you might be from and you can spend weekends at your friends houses maybe borrow clothes too.

Arbella stayed at Jessica's house quite often. Jessica's parents letting her family use their address for school purposes. Now though, her years in Gymnastics have put her at the top and with that modicum of fame her family is taken care of. She’s stopping in to town to thank Jessica, do a meet and greet at the high school, and that sort of thing. After this she'll be back in training and maybe someday in the Olympics.

Last edited by Ysolde; Oct 8th, 2021 at 11:53 PM.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 11:40 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
bump
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
As applications have trickled to a stop, I am going to start making selections.

Thank you everyone who applied!
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
fingers crossed
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5696
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Good Luck Everyone!

@Hal Hammerhand, I didn't have time to read up on the system rules to create a character, but I really like the concept. If you have any drop outs, I would like the opportunity to apply at a later date, If you're ok with that.
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 09:51 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Of course, Reliq!
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you everyone who submitted an application!

The chosen have been messaged!

If you did not receive a message, You still had a very good application. Keep up the good work and always works towards improving.

Happy hunting and congratulations to everyone!
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6075
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Aww, oh well congrats on the one's that were accepted.
Closed Thread