: +

Notices

Old 11-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1272
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
Just wanted to thank everyone for their applications so far and encourage them to ask me any questions they might like to know the answers to. Group 1 is underway and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Excited for group 2.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Do I have to change to the Warforged of the newest book? I'm not too attached to Wayfinder's version but I've heard Last War's doesn't have subraces...
Old 11-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I would rather use the latest version. It doesn't have subraces, but has the best bits of most.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10962
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
*shakes off Iron DM dust*

I have returned, will commence the brainstorming immediately.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I've expanded a little on the Lore in the opening post and am keen to answer any questions or expand on points people are interested in.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Merp. Pretty out of it with 5e lately so it is with some sadness that I say I'm pulling out. I don't want to be a burden to the game as someone lacking enthusiasm. Good luck to everyone else!
Old 11-30-2019, 04:34 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 307
Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Perun Donnerbart
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Background: Clan Crafter (Smith) (SCAG, p.145)
Trait:
  • I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it — I'm a perfectionist.
  • I believe that work defines men, and can’t stand people who avoid their responsibilities.
Bond: One day I will return to my clan and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.
Ideal: Community. It is the duty of all civilized people to strengthen the bonds of community and the security of civilization.
Flaw: I demand respect everywhere I go and am easily agitated by people who don’t treat me as equal.
Appearance:
Perun is a dwarf of average size for his species. He’s got a long beard, and long, but tied back hair. He’s got a clearly developed musculature thanks to the years he spent at the forge, though his appealing body is also covered in scars, earned mostly in tavern brawls.

Personality: Perun is mindlessly focused on work, and largely unable to concentrate on more than one thing at once. He has a lot of care for his family, friends, and the general community around him, and finds work to be the best way to repay for everyone’s kindness. He’s bashful about his nature, and often hides it behind a mean tongue.

Backstory:
Perun is a dwarf from the relatively small Donnerbart clan located within the dukedom’s mountains. His father was Svarog Donnerbart, a dwarven wizard who brought shame to the family by wearing armors made of only half plate, but made up for it by fighting in close quarters, shock grasping his enemies. He died one day by tripping in battle and shock grasping his own armor, at which point Perun, his oldest son, was forced to provide for the family.

Back then Perun was young and inexperienced, he couldn’t compete with local dwarven smiths, so instead he moved to Schutzberg. There he joined a dwarven smithy, and has since been sending a quarter of his earnings to his family. As a brash, foul-mouthed dwarf with an affection for a tiny scuffle in the evening, he would often get into trouble. As the list of his minor offenses grew large, he decided to join the Wache as to make up for his transgressions.

RP Sample:
Note: The Scottish accent is optional.

As the muscular dwarf opened the doors to the guard captain’s office, a cloud of pipe smoke enveloped him. The middle-aged guardsman spent most of his time looking through documents and schedules. Despite his title, he wasn’t the only captain, nor a particularly important one. Seeing the dwarf come inside and climb the little seat in front of him, was nearly a shocking experience.

“Oh my. Did I smoke my brains out or is it Perun? I just got a new complaint against you, old buddy. Let me fetch it.”
Yes. I came to talk about that.“Och aye. Ah cam tae gab abit 'at. ” For the dwarf, it was weird seeing the guard outside a tavern. As the captain put a huge pile of documents in front of himself, Perun was a bit shocked. “I’m not that problematic, am I?” the thought worried him.
“You extorted old Gilligan.”
“I sold him a ladder.”“I sauld 'im a ladder.” Perun objected.
“After you pushed him into a ditch.”
Perun crossed his arms. He almost answered, but stopped himself.
“You wanted to say you’ve been drunk that night?"
“Well I didn’t…”“Well oi didn’t…”
“I was supposed to put up a poster after you tomorrow. For general and continuous disturbance of peace.”
“So I’ve heard. That’s why I’m here.”“So i’ve 'eard. that’s why i’m 'ere.” Smiled Perun.
“You want me to throw you into the jail early, or what?”
“Well, my smelly, balding, badly dressed, beloved friend, I want to join the wache!”“Well, me smelly, baldin', badly dressed, beloved mucker, oi want ter join de wache!”
The captain reeled back in his chair. “That way we might actually work something out...'' He agreed.

Last edited by Boomy; 11-30-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The accent is fine to keep if you wish, but dwarves in Aldan speak more Klauisch as their native tongue, which sounds like this "Olá, eu sou o Ricardo." with an accompanying Portuguese accent when speaking Aldanisch. You can easily keep the Scottish accent though and I'll just roll with it as a dwarf that has localised their accent somewhere else for some reason.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:08 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
I did a grammar check on Sammi's application and cleaned it up a bit.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:43 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Phasmus
Name: Horace Mirin
Race: Human
Class: Druid
Background: Outlander
Traits: I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature. I study the doings of civilized folk as a naturalist might observe animals in the wild.
Bond: I owe a great debt to the people of Schutzberg who took us in when we needed help
Ideal: Balance between civilization and the natural world is crucial to the survival of both.
Flaw: The contagion that destroyed my home has left me with a dread of sickness. I avoid contact with the sick and treat even the mildest symptoms of disease in myself or my companions with a flurry of concocted 'natural remedies'.

Appearance:
Horace is surprisingly pale for all the time he spends out of doors. His milky blue eyes contrast sharply with his messy black hair and haphazardly trimmed beard. He is about 6 feet tall, but walks with a stoop that makes him seem shorter. He wears disheveled travelers' clothes covered by a cloak of patchwork skins. On his head sits a wide brimmed straw hat which seems on the verge of disintegration, held together with mud and plant resin from previous repairs. He exudes a strong odor of mint and pine trees.

Personality:
While lacking in social experience, let alone social graces, Horace's instinct to stand aside and observe serves him well in most civilized dealings. He tends to interact by asking questions and his clinical air can seem aloof to some, though he has no particularly high opinion of himself. His obscure sense of humor leads to bouts of muted chuckling at odd moments. His instinct, enforced by his communal upbringing, is to step in and help when needed. In polite society this can easily leave him looking like a meddling busybody.

Backstory:
Horace was brought up as the eldest son of a large family in a tiny, nameless wilderness enclave in the foothills of the Drachen Klaues. Schutberg was the nearest real civilization but aside from occasional trading excursions the community was almost entirely self sufficient. Horace's peculiar predilection for listening to and occasionally speaking back to the forest ensured that when he came of age he was sent to the Standing Stones high in the mountains to learn the old ways. His initial journey went well and to his parents' pride it was the first of many.

While he was on one such trip disaster befell his home. A stranger had arrived, sick and begging for help. The man didn't last the night but his illness spread like wildfire, killing many in just a handful of days. The survivors were too few and too weak for the community to survive the winter. When Horace returned there was little for him to do but help the few who remained, which included just one of his brothers, travel to Schutberg and entreat the Duke and distant family members for succor.

Last edited by Phasmus; 12-01-2019 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added RP section more in line with requirements.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:59 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 307
Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy
Quote:
The accent is fine to keep if you wish, but dwarves in Aldan speak more Klauisch as their native tongue, which sounds like this "Olá, eu sou o Ricardo." with an accompanying Portuguese accent when speaking Aldanisch. You can easily keep the Scottish accent though and I'll just roll with it as a dwarf that has localised their accent somewhere else for some reason.
In that case I'd rather drop it to keep the lore in place, no need for Perun to be from a clan of weirdos. Portuguese dwarfs are an interesting concept, maybe I'll try throwing Portuguese sounds into the sentences instead.

Last edited by Boomy; 12-01-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'll write up some of the dwarf lore for you in the week.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
When you say Portuguese, are there Brazilian equivalent half dwarves in chainmail thongs?
Old 12-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3303
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Really, I think that all dwarves are in chainmail thongs. Sure it chafes, but such is the price of beauty.