DnD5e Eberron: Rising from the Last War - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 2 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 05:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Absorbentfish Absorbentfish
I can add some later if needed.

Name: Omar Silvereyes
Race: Stout Halfling
Class: Monk
Alignment: CG
Background: Urchin
Personality: Omar enjoys having a good time but he doesn't like being center of attention. Only if he has to be. He spends much of his time meditating on what needs to be done for the future. He waits for enlightenment to lead him to his destiny.
Personality Traits: I like to squeeze into small places where no one else can get to me. I ask a lot of questions.
I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
Ideals: I always try to help those in need.
Bonds: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.
Flaws:I unknowingly pick up things that don't belong to me.

Description: Omar is around 30 years of age, so he thinks, and stands a generous 3'2. He keeps his red hair almost shaved and close and his bright silver eyes shine from under his bushy fire red brows. His trimmed sideburns frame his tawny brown chin stopping just at his jawline. He wears a traditional gi under a cloak. The cloak helps conceal his items on his back, including his quiver and bow.

Extended Background: Omar's early life consisted of thievery and causing trouble. Tired of always being on the run he turned to a monastery of Dol Dorn to help him change his way of life. He was taught to put his effort and skills towards more constructive pursuits. When calls for war occurred Omar picked up his bow and went to help how he could. Omar served as a scout during the war under Sargeant Germaine and always looked up to her for guidance. She was one of the few people he truly trusted during the war. After the war, he settled in Sharn with the goal of helping guide people to Dol Dorn. He had trouble finding a location to recruit new acolytes but spent most of his time at The Citadel of the Sun since Dol Arrah is Dol Dorn's sister Omar felt he could gain guidance on his destiny.

Last edited by Absorbentfish; 11-27-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
ProfoundBeggard
It's fine, so a street urchin halfling, alright sounds good to me.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4743
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
I'm going to have to withdrawal due to some personal things that popped up. Apologies.

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 12-01-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
The crimson knight, alright here a few things to consider:

1)At 332 years old, you are older than the Five Nations and the Last War, what do you remember of the time before the Five Nations ruled the world? Kingdom Galifar united the world until the death of the King in 894 YK.
It was a time of shifting alliance, backstabbing, and the Five Nations and Dragonmarked Houses seizing the power of the world. The Dragonmarked Houses run and own basically all the main businesses, industries, and political power even.

2) Your Elf isn't part of the two main elves culture so by default you are an Elf from the humans nations. In Eberron, there are essentially two elves main culture: The aereni gifted magic users ruled by their undying ancestors and the Valenar, desert elves warriors striving to emulate ancient heroes. The third branch of Elves is essentially the ones who decided to live among the short-lived races.

So what do you think of your ancestor traditions or do you just ignore them?

3) Going to assume by default that you are from Aundair (or at least what became of Aundair) unless you have a preference among the five nations. Aundair is known for its arcane magic, cheese, education, fashion, grains, and wine. The Knights arcane is an elite group of Eldritch Knights in Aundair and arcane magic can be found everywhere in Aundair for them, magic beats mundane.

On other notes, the game got approved, give some time to setup everything.

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-29-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 511
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Name: Galliard
Race: Kalashtar
Class: Druid
Background: Entertainer

The dead are just like us, they don't become wiser or more patient whilst passing through the veil. In his childhood Galiard learned this, his mother told him repeatedly that his grandfather was a bitter man and took joy in torturing his bloodline in his death. He and his mother lived with a circle of druids who used their allied dead to protect them. Through this circle Galiard learned of speaking to the dead through signs in nature, and was trained in the way of farming their remains to evoke them for aid. He learned that he could usher them on to their great reward as it may be if he could use them to cast his spells. When his mother died, he attempted to help her pass, but a calm feeling told him that she would stay with him as he traveled and kept his grandfather at bay. Funny enough the druids never once brought up that fact that as a Kalashtar he had his spirit bond with him, and it never occurred to Galiard that they might have missed it.

Finding civilization loud and violent, he found solace in a travelling band where his druidic ways fed into an act where he took on the stage name Wolf-Eyes. Wolf-Eye plays a wildman fortune teller in stage shows performed in cities. He's not sure the spectators buy the ruse, but his boss pays him well enough to play it up. His wildman act is sincerely just an act, but he sometimes has trouble breaking that character. Though he currently tours with his troupe again, he took a short break to participate in the war.

He played the role of scout in an experimental program which he was brought in, after Germaine Vilroy watched his show, she saw some interesting qualities in his rituals. During the war he would spend time with the remains of fallen enemies, and interrogate them, He was more successful than not and when the war ended he left the army with a few souvenirs.

While not on stage, he's a kind guy who wants whats best for the living and dead alike.

I am working on this.

Last edited by Nikolas; 12-02-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Baconator

Name: Margana d’Lyrandar
Race: Dragonmarked (Storm) Half-elf
Class: Fighter 1

Alignment: NG
Background: Sailor

Personality traits: The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t do it.
I have a crude sense of humor.
Ideal: Someday I’ll own my own ship and chart my own destiny.
Bond: Ruthless pirates murdered my captain and crewmates, plundered our ship, and left me to die. Vengeance will be mine.
Flaws: The monstrous foes (undead) we faced in battle still leave me quivering with fear.

Description: Margana is of average height for a half-elven woman, with a dancer’s or acrobat’s muscle tone and grace of movement. She has shoulder-length dark hair, that she usually keeps up in a bun or braid. She typically wears the clothes of an airship officer, though one style notch above the purely practical. She typically wears a wide-brimmed hat, complete with ostrich feather. Though the skin on her face is soft, her hands are strong, weathered, and well-calloused. She has a crude sense of humor, but her smile has some pain behind it.

Background: Margana is a Lyrandar through her mother’s side. Like most Lyrandars with the Mark, her mother captained various ships. Because her mother insisted on bringing Margana with her instead of leaving her with some House nanny, Margana grew up on ships.

Margana’s Mark manifested late. Their airship was on its way back to Stormreach for her Trial, repairs,and resupply after an extended campaign against Cyran forces when it was waylaid by a Karrnathi privateer. The undead Karrnathi crew was too much for Margana’s ship’s depleted crew and they were quickly overrun. Margana’s mom cast a feather fall spell on her and shoved her overboard just before squaring off with the Karrnathi captain. Margana just managed to see the enemy captain’s blade come down from over his head as the ship passed behind a cloud and she fell to the ground. That was the last she saw of her mother.

Margana made her way back to Stormreach on foot. There was an inquiry in addition to her Siberys trial, but she was officially cleared of charges. After her trials, she was assigned as an officer on another airship commissioned to Breland, and she served out the last couple of years of the War on it.

With her familiarity with Breland, she’s been assigned there to represent House interests after the war. She spends her off time investigating the identity of the Karrnathi captain that killed her mother. She’s rubbed shoulders with Germaine during one of these investigations, helping locate a cabal of necromancers.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoundBeggard View Post
The crimson knight, alright here a few things to consider:

1)At 332 years old, you are older than the Five Nations and the Last War, what do you remember of the time before the Five Nations ruled the world? Kingdom Galifar united the world until the death of the King in 894 YK.
It was a time of shifting alliance, backstabbing, and the Five Nations and Dragonmarked Houses seizing the power of the world. The Dragonmarked Houses run and own basically all the main businesses, industries, and political power even.

2) Your Elf isn't part of the two main elves culture so by default you are an Elf from the humans nations. In Eberron, there are essentially two elves main culture: The aereni gifted magic users ruled by their undying ancestors and the Valenar, desert elves warriors striving to emulate ancient heroes. The third branch of Elves is essentially the ones who decided to live among the short-lived races.

So what do you think of your ancestor traditions or do you just ignore them?

3) Going to assume by default that you are from Aundair (or at least what became of Aundair) unless you have a preference among the five nations. Aundair is known for its arcane magic, cheese, education, fashion, grains, and wine. The Knights arcane is an elite group of Eldritch Knights in Aundair and arcane magic can be found everywhere in Aundair for them, magic beats mundane.

On other notes, the game got approved, give some time to setup everything.
Lot's of things to consider! I'm pretty unfamiliar with the setting and don't have the books, so I just ran with what I had

I'll be sure to edit and add after some thought! Thanks!

Old 11-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
fancyjellyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
KadeName: Kade
Race: Halfling
Class: Warlock (Celestial)
Alignment: NG
Background: Folk Hero
Personality:

Personality Traits: If someone is in trouble I am always willing to lend help.
Ideal: No one should ever pay for their crimes with their life.
Bond: My significant other disappeared suddenly, I know she is still alive and i'm going to find her.
Flaw: I am incredibly conscious of the fact that I have no dragon mark and I am incredibly ashamed of it.
My patron is far more sinister than I believe them to be.
Description: Kade is a quiet halfling who stands at exactly 3'. Skinny by halfling standards but you wouldn't know it by the way he bundles for warmth. Kade is always under at least two layers and a fur-lined hood but poking out of that hood is a button nose, pursed lips, and anxious eyes.

Germaine Connection: recruited by Germaine.
I felt Kade didn't have a good reason to be an adventurer/ hero. So I changed his his backstory just a bit. I also added a list of the spells I picked. The major changes are in red.

I like Hezcalipa as a patron and was wondering about shouting the patron's name. Does the magical power of my spells come FROM invoking the name of my patron or is invoking the name more of a way of thanking my patron for their power and maybe advertising them to others?

Last edited by fancyjellyfish; 11-30-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Name: Wolf-Eye Galliard
Race: Kalashtar
Class: Druid
Background: Entertainer

Wolf-Eye plays an arguably sentient wildman in stage shows performed in cities. He's not sure the spectators buy the ruse, but his boss pays him well enough to play it up. His connection to the wild places of the world came early, growing up in an otherworldly druid circle. He joined the army as a scout, using his druidic powers to aid him.

I am working on this.
Okay if you end up having some questions, hit me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Lot's of things to consider! I'm pretty unfamiliar with the setting and don't have the books, so I just ran with what I had

I'll be sure to edit and add after some thought! Thanks!
Ask questions, no shame in it. I somewhat figured that was the case, Eberron is a very interesting setting but you don't need to know everything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
I felt Kade didn't have a good reason to be an adventurer/ hero. So I changed his his backstory just a bit. I also added a list of the spells I picked. The major changes are in red.

I like Hezcalipa as a patron and was wondering about shouting the patron's name. Does the magical power of my spells come FROM invoking the name of my patron or is invoking the name more of a way of thanking my patron for their power and maybe advertising them to others?
You get powers from invoking your Patron name and also showing your reverence. I like the tweaked backstory.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:54 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, updated! I'm still a little iffy on the Germaine connection but if you have any ideas now that I've updated the app, let me know!

Old 11-30-2019, 11:18 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Is Cirlce of Spores acceptable?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 373
Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte
Vyn
left-aligned image

Name: Vyn
Race: Changeling
Background: Charlatan
Class: Rogue
Down-The-Line Specialization: Inquisitive

Pronouns: She/her or they/them (Vyn can, and does, present as any gender, but leans feminine)
Eyes: Variable
Hair: Variable

Appearance: Variable, but in her preferred base persona, Vyn is a female-passing changeling with short white hair, wearing simple clothes and a generally pleasant demeanor. She carries a magnifying class, and wears simple clothes and very comfortable shoes. (If sword canes are an option, she'll have one; otherwise, she will make do with an easily concealable dagger or two.)

Background: Vyn was, most of her life, someone who was quite content to let abstract concepts such as "good," "truth" and "justice" pass her by, quite happy to flit in and out of personas, even imitating others for the occasional laugh. The war raged on around her and she was content to let it, since she saw no point to any of it other than the occasional scam to exploit.

The one non-changeling friend she'd made was the veteran Germaine, whom – if Vyn was being honest – she had something of a crush on, and inevitably found herself discussing affairs of the day when drinking at the local tavern in her persona as a half-elven barmaid.

One day, Germaine stood accused of a crime she did not commit, and the only alibi that Germaine had was that Vyn knew where she was at the time of the murder. It was then that Vyn swore that she'd clear her friend's name, and it was at this point that Germaine told Vyn two things: first, that she knew she was a changeling, and second, if she was going to do this, she had to do it fair – no impersonating someone and confessing, only cold hard facts.

This was unfamiliar territory for Vyn, but she persevered, and despite the stares from onlookers who found her suspicious, she persevered – gathering physical evidence both to prove Germaine's innocence and to locate the victim's true killer. Her presentation of this evidence was so persuasive that Germaine was released and the accused confessed under oath.

Vyn, it seemed, had found her true calling, and now chooses to present as a changeling more often than not – though the occasional disguise as an anonymous member of "the help" never hurts when you need to get inside a crime scene before the flatfoots ruin it. She has decided to formally set herself up as an inquisitive - though of course, for her license, she needs a little money, and as it happens, Germaine needs a little help.

Maybe one day, Germaine will tell her how she knew Vyn was a changeling, because Germaine - somehow - always knows it's her...
Old 12-02-2019, 06:26 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 167
danab danab
I think I'm all done.

@Charlotte - Vyn seems really cool. I hope you get picked.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1120
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I have completed my application for Alyssa Allbright - Cleric of the Silver Flame.
Sorry for the delay, the holiday was long and the deadline couldn't have been any better timed.
The application isn't as detailed as I would have liked but I have a firm grasp on the character so I'm happy to answer any questions.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:16 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I've updated the app a bit. It's under the impression that spores is an acceptable choice.