... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 12-28-2015, 02:34 PM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21165
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Hoard of the Dragon Queen, 5E

NOTIFICATIONCONTINUOUS RECRUITEMENT, POST CHARACTER APPLICATION OVER HERE

Game Name

Game System

left-aligned image

SYNOPSIS

Fight the war against draconic oppression in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

In an audacious bid for power, the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay,
seek to bring Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to Faerūn.
To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen.
The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult.
Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate.

Information about the setting 'The Forgotten Realms'

Tyranny of DragonsThe Wizards of the Coast provided the following introduction to the Tyranny of Dragons:

“ For years, the evil Cult of the Dragon has devoted itself to creating undead dragons in a vain attempt to fulfill an ancient prophecy. However, the cultists were misguided. They misunderstood. But now, under new leadership, the cult believes that the prophecy does not speak of undead dragons, but of a dragon empire that's been extinct for 25,000 years. Tiamat, the queen of evil dragons, has languished in the Nine Hells for millennia. The cult believes that the time of her return is at hand.
The cult has a new face and a new mission. It seeks to free Tiamat from the Nine Hells and bring her into the Forgotten Realms. To accomplish its goal, the cult needs five ancient dragon masks and the support of evil dragons everywhere. The cult leaders—each one a "dragon whisperer"—have reached out to the evil dragons of the Sword Coast and earned their allegiance.

Meanwhile, evil dragons in partnership with the cult seek to amass a treasure hoard worthy of their dark queen, not by plundering their own hoards (of course) but by stealing money from cities, caravans, good-aligned dragons, merchant ships, and other sources. Their ravenous hunt for treasure throws the Sword Coast into upheaval. Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate—no city is safe from their depredations.

The situation is dire. However, the Sword Coast is far from defenseless. Powerful factions are ready to rise up and put an end to the tyranny of dragons. Adventurers throughout the Realms must join forces to face Tiamat, destroy the Cult of the Dragon, and prevent the rise of a new dragon empire. The Harpers have since shared their intelligence with the remaining factions. To combat the Cult of the Dragon, Lord Dagult Neverember of Neverwinter proposes that adventurers representing each of the five factions be sent north to investigate—and to report back with haste.

In their hands, the future lies.”

— Tyranny of Dragons storyline

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Co-author 'Tyranny of Dragons', with Wolfgang BaurSteve Winter's thoughts:
The first episode is brutal. 1st-level characters don’t get to swoop in, defeat hundreds of cultists, and win the war on their first day on the job. The DM needs to make players understand, through descriptions of what’s happening in town and through NPCs at the keep, that they can’t tackle these raiders head-on. Their job is to survive the night and to help as many townsfolk as possible do the same. But even if PCs perform brilliantly, the town will be sacked and innocent townsfolk will be murdered and abducted — Welcome to the Cult of the Dragon’s new vision for the Sword Coast.

Review of 'Hoard of the Dragon Queen'Hoard of the Dragon Queen is the first adventure module for the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons, covering levels 1-8 for a party of adventurers and set in the Forgotten Realms' iconic sword coast region. It's also the first half of the Tyranny of Dragons adventure arc for the game, and will have a follow up volume in the form of The Rise of Tiamat. The adventure is good, certainly above average for recent adventure products of this production quality, but suffers from some slow parts and the clear indication that this was material developed while the game wasn't completely finished. Nonetheless, its reliance on tried-and-true fun roleplaying situations allows it to shine despite the otherwise weak or ill-explained segments.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen is organized as a classic tour-style adventure journey, hopping from location to location with a series of stops for further direction and for places to go. The major choices that players make over the course of the adventure don't deal with where to go, but instead how to approach the situations they find themselves in. There are a good number of players who won't notice this, but those who prefer a more sandbox style game, or a less directed plotline, will probably find that Hoard is not to their liking. Additionally, the adventure needs more than a little preparatory time for the dungeon master and can feel like a repetitive slog at times. The primary storyline, however, is engaging and interesting, with some truly memorable set piece encounters, and play scenarios that will stick with the players for years - it's just hard to remember that when they're slogging through odd mysteries and long stretches of game play that don't advance the story.

Let's get more to the point now;
  • New members are welcome, 'old' members too; but I will stalk you, to see what you have been up to ;-). New on the site is no problem, just show me what you got.
  • 15, 14, 13, 12, 10 and 8Standard Array for the Stats, Human Feat variant allowed, all Player's Hand Book races, and Elemental Evil Companion races are allowed and 'Unearthed Arcana' races, etcetera. Link the material used in your application so I can read it, and do not get overboard making a very weird race, you are heroes fighting a Cult so it should fit the setting. A small reminder;
    rare races are rare for a reason. While I won’t discourage the inclusion of some of the rare races (drow included) the number of rare races selected may be limited and after the first rare race selected, subsequent applications for these races will need to be increased above average to be accepted
    EDIT: going to allow Unearthed Arcana on a case-to-case basis, shoot me a PM
  • Character advancement; I am going to use the milestone experience role. Using this I will pick certain events in the Campaign that cause the character to level up.
  • I will make two DM posts a week, a Tuesday/Wednessday post, and a weekend post. So I would appreciate it if you could post twice a week.
    I will be able to check Out Of CharacterOOC threads daily, to answer questions or provide guidance and/or feedback when needed/wanted.
  • This Adventure Path is for I will make a group of 5 players4 players, but if there is a huge interest I will consider taking two groups

left-aligned image
What are you waiting for?
To do list:
  • Think of a Race and a Class, and give him/her a name. Level 1. standard equipment.
  • Search and google for the perfect image of your character, and add it to your application (please use this to resize your image to a reasonable format)
  • Keep away from Evil Alignments, you are heroes fighting a Cult, there is enough evil in Faerun...
  • Choose a Character-hook, and explain to me your background {one paragraph}

• at this point no character sheet is needed, but if you want to make one I will do a review, if I can find the time, no guarantees though
  • no rolling dice in this thread
  • Only one application per player pleazzz ;-)

Last but not least

* The standard, name, class, race, appearance, and the 5E stuff like Background, Traits, Ideal and Bond.
* Choose and explain your character hook/background
* Write a paragraph to sell your character, add links and/or music, only use pictures if you know how to resize them. Write it as a post you usually make...
* What kind of a player are you? Do you think you can commit to posting twice a week for about a year? Or even more if we continue this AP into 'the Rise of Tiamat'?
* Who can you recommend to me to learn DM skills from? Who do you admire, respect and are you secretly hoping I will be just like him/her? And 'what' is it you like about that DM?

*** most important; have as much fun as legally possible to make this application ***

How do I select my future players- I read your application, and I hope you are a storyteller that makes me want to get to know your character.
Warning: there is a lot of roleplaying, nasty ethical decisions to make in this AP forced upon you by the Cultists...
Do you get my interest? Is your character intriguing? Are you convincing enough to make me believe your character can pull it off?
- Perfect grammar is not necessary, and writing flawlessly is not essential; as long as I can read it without 'stuttering'.
It should not distract while reading your application.
- I am going to look for players who make me believe they will stay.
In words and/or actions, I am looking for 'hope' :-)

*** ALWAYS OPEN***

Last edited by chocoladevla; 04-11-2019 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Adult Weasel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 331
mikeweasel mikeweasel mikeweasel mikeweasel

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3419
Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor

Old 12-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Foolish Mortal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10925
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart

Old 12-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5892
Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:12 PM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21165
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: adding the ninja ;-)
Old 12-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5892
Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux Dux

Old 12-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2059
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34

Old 12-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Silent Hunter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Wolf173 Wolf173

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Application
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2828
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20040
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan

Old 12-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 286
Rayvn2000 Rayvn2000 Rayvn2000

Old 12-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3419
Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor Sendor

Old 12-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Wandering Archmage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
The Ellimist The Ellimist The Ellimist

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24695
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner

Last edited by chocoladevla; 06-24-2018 at 08:02 AM.