... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
The Crystal of Juiblex

22/11/19 Recruitment is OPEN.

New Info.I am currently looking for at least 1, possibly 2 for this game. One of my groups is in need of some supporter roles. This group is wrapping up chapter 1 and I plan to bring in the new characters at the beginning of chapter 2. If you have previously applied to this game and would like to be considered again (with a new or old application) please post. Application information is below. All experience levels to DnD are welcome to apply.

Deadline is December 6th, 2019 10pm PST

Game NameThe Crystal of Juiblex
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeClassic sword and sorcery type dungeon crawl
FlavourStabilize the region from the planar threat, zeros to heroes, newer player campaign, more combat and roleplay focused
Plot Summary
The Crystal of Juiblex

Welcome to the town of Kamplinn! Well, its not so much a town as a trading post. Still business is booming; the muddy streets are bustling with activity nearly every day. Today is no different as you arrive. You may be a local, or a trader, a traveler or a guard for hire. What ever your reason you have found yourself in Kamplinn’s main street. But Kamplinn has not always been such a hive of activity.
right-aligned image

Over forty years ago there was a sorcerer named Yarrow, who believed that he was a descendant of the demon lord of oozes, Juiblex. He had a small home out in the wilderness along the river that Kamplinn now resides next to. He lived alone and isolated from society so he could practice his dark arts undisturbed. Yarrow had been passed down a planar gem from his mother that was supposedly linked to Juiblex. As years past with the gem in his possession whispers and voices seemed to emanate from the gem, telling Yarrow to do things that would bring Juiblex to the material world.

left-aligned image

The Sorcerer, not wanting to risk is own life so recklessly to the demon lord, enlisted the help of an outcast gnome that was interested in planar travel. The two of the spent some time looking for the ideal location that was suitable for opening a planar rift. Eventually they found some ruins not far from Yarrow’s home that fit the bill. Using the gem, Yarrow and his gnomish companion called forth the demon lord, Juiblex. Unbeknownst to them though was that the gem was meant to fracture and be destroyed once the rift was opened to allow Juiblex and his ooze minions to enter the material world unhindered. Unfortunately the ritual did not go as planned. The rift snapped shut, but only after some ooze and a part of the demon lord’s arm had come through. The oozes devoured Yarrow, too weak from the ritual to fend them off. The arm crystalized, now separated from its host, into a giant blue-green opaque emerald. It calls silently to all oozes for miles around that have created their own ecosystem around it.

About a month ago, a trio of adventurers from Kamplinn stumbled upon the ancient ruins where Yarrow had attempted his ritual. They had been brought there partly by their own curiosity about Yarrow’s story, but also by the chance meeting of the gnome that had assisted Yarrow many decades past. They were met by a large number of oozes, but defeated them by matters only known to the trio. The story of the crystal was true and the three of them equally shared the emerald, each taking a piece. Unwittingly the adventurers opened the rift by removing the crystal from the ruins and allowing Juiblex’s ooze to come through once more. Since that time the adventurers have not spoken about what they found in the ruins to anyone. The crystal still calls to the ooze even though it is no longer whole.

Today something seems amiss in Kamplinn. You can’t quite put your finger on it, but the air feels different. Did the ground just tremble or are your legs weak from being on the road or river so many days? You shrug it off thinking it is just exhaustion from your work. As you continue along the main street of Kamplinn a well-dressed middle aged man is coming from the opposite direction looking desperate. His face is pale, eyes wide and as he jogs slowly up the street. He randomly stops and grabs passerby, then moves on if they shake him off.

He meets your gaze and comes directly towards you, “ You! You look like a capable person. I need your help,” he exclaims grabbing your shoulders, “ Yes, I think you’ll do just fine clearing them out. I’ll pay you well if you can clear out my mansion of the filth that’s invading.” The well-dressed man spins you about, arm firmly around your shoulders, “Let’s have a drink and I’ll tell you more,” he says sounding less desperate, guiding you to the only pub in Kamplinn.

Character Mechanics
Sheets are not necessary but are appreciated. Please do not roll dice in this thread.
Starting Level: Level 2, will progress to level 4 by the end.
Stats: 27 point buy
Materials: PHB, DMG, MM
Equipment: starting equipment for your class and background as stated in the PHB + 20 gold
Races: Limited to the PHB + aasimar, goblin, goliath and warforged
Classes: Limited to PHB + Blood Hunter. Sorry no Gunslingers or Artificers.
Post rate: 2-3 x/week
Deadline: December 6th at 10:00pm PST

What I am looking for in my players
1 - 2 players
-Complete applications
- Solid character concepts
- Reliable players that post at regular intervals and give a heads up if they are going to be away.

About the DM Hello I am Silver, thank you for considering applying to The Crystal of Juiblex. This will be my first time DMing a group campaign. I am excited to give this a shot and hope I provide my players with an enjoyable experience. I have only been playing DnD for about eighteen months so I am still new but I have found that I love story telling. I like collaborating with my party to flesh out the world using their ideas and character backgrounds. I am not a hard core, by-the-book DM, so if you are unsure about something ask and we’ll figure it out.

Application Form
Name: self-explanatory; what are you called
Race: PHB + Aasimar, goblins, goliaths and warforged
Class: PHB + Blood Hunter. Sorry no gunslingers or artificers.
Alignment: Non-evil is best.
Appearance: A picture is great but give a brief description of how you look if you can’t find a picture. Clothing, physical build etc.
Personality: How does your character act? Likes and dislikes, you can list your traits here
Background: From the PHB, customization is welcome and encouraged.
Writing Sample: Write about your character’s backstory or what brings them to Kamplinn? Do you live here or were born here? Passing through on the road or river as a merchant, private guard, etc. It does not have to be terribly long. Just give me a solid idea who they are. You are level 2 after all.

Applications are OPEN
List of Applicants
PlayerCharacterRaceClassStatus
StarflierBestian EastwickHalf-elfWarlockComplete
Arthilian01PC nameRaceClassWithdrawn
ColorsOfTheHeartKylee AshworthyHalf-ElfRogueIn review
AbsorbentFishBendrum TrollbleederDwarfBarbarianIn review
The Dark StarKoot Wood PipeRock GnomeWizardIn review

Interest= you have expressed interest in the game but not an app. WIP= you are working on your app In review= I see your app is complete pending feedback. Complete= your app is complete.

Q and A
How much should/would our character know about Yarrow and the oozes?

If your character is a local of Kamplinn they would at least recognize his name having heard stories about him growing up. Yarrow is treated a bit like a local legend, used to scare small children when they miss behave. Since Kamplinn was not established when the rift was opened it is all a here-say about if the crystal is true or not. If your character is not from Kamplinn they most likely have not heard of him unless they are a well-educated magic user.

My Application is marked complete; can I still makes changes to it?

Yes.Your application is open to you to edit and tweak until the deadline, December 6th, even if your application is listed as complete in the table above. I will review all applications a final time once the deadline passes so any changes you make will be seen by me. If I close applications sooner I will let everyone know.
Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; 12-04-2019 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Bolding appropriate titles, adding images and tables.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Oooh..I'm throwing in an application as soon as I get an extra minute!
Old 08-28-2018, 10:08 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Kelrini Kol:
right-aligned image

Name: STR 14 | DEX 14 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 8Kelrini Kol
Race: Half-orc
Class: Monk
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Burglar/HooliganCriminal
Personality Trait:
-The best way to get me to do something is to tell me that I can't do it.
Ideal:
-Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. (Chaotic)
Bond:
-My parents thought they could to tame me and I aim to prove them wrong.
Flaw:
-If there’s a plan, I’ll forget it. If I don’t forget it, I’ll ignore it.

Appearance: Kelrini stands a decent six feet and four inches and weighs a good a hundred and ninety pounds. She has a lithe, athletic frame with lean, toned muscles from focused training. Her pale green skin is marked by several tattoos, a set of three slashes adorns each shoulder marking her as a member of the Six Slashes gang of Inner Castin City. Upon the backs of her shoulderblades are tattooed feathered wings that are folded, reaching from the top of her shoulders to the mid-back. Around her waistline is tattooed a loose chain that is broken and shattered two inches on either side of her navel. She has three spike piercings that protrude from her lower lip, making the tusks of her heritage all the more prominent and noticeable. Her hair is braided in small dreads with randomly woven-in beads down the middle of her head that go down her back just below the top of the wings and her head is shaved along the sides. Below her feral green eyes is a smattering of dark, mottled freckles. Around her neck on a leather cord hangs a coiled piece of iron which is a symbol of her 'graduation' from the Castin monastery.

Personality: Kelrini or Kel to her friends is cynical, snarky, and a bit of a prick. She doesn't give up easy and usually resorts to violence when pushed to the point of nearly giving up. She feels like a loner and a black sheep in her own family because of her mixed blood and does her best to embody the rebellious nature of her half-kin. At times she can be impatient and brutish, blatantly butting heads with people for the sake of causing a fight, ever-rowdy and ever-ready for a conflict.

Writing Sample: Kelrini was the product of a roadside Orc raid while her mother and father were traveling between cities in order to sell their goods. Despite Kel's mother being over-stressed and through several attempts at abortion of the abomination that was certainly growing in her belly, the little half-orc was born, strong and unaffected by any pre-birth actions. Her birth was less a cause for celebration and a cause of many predicted acquisitions of shame upon the merchant family. Luckily for Kel, Her adopted father had had no luck putting a child in his wife and therefore didn't have the heart nor the gall to discard her like a piece of trash but that didn't stop his often overbearing What Kel came to see as resentmentguidance towards her. From the time she was born, the merchant and his wife made every attempt to hide her savage features with over-swaddling blankets or hoods which, in time, she began to see as a shame that her parents held for her, they didn't want other people to see her for what she was.

By the time she was old enough to have a little mind of her own, around her twelfth summer, she took to finding her way out of her father's manor and into the street where she learned to fight for herself and enjoy the thrill of it, among other things such as stealing and vandalizing. Eventually, she even joined the Six Slashes Gang that committed petty crimes within the Inner city. She spent the next two years in and out of the city stockade and the last time, at the threat of consistent lockup she was forced to give up the members of the rest of the small gang. With her cooperation with the law, she was swiftly handed into her adopted father's custody who had had enough of her shenanigans. With her penchant for violence and a lack of discipline, he payed a hefty sum of money to the Castin monastery that catered to teaching discipline through martial arts, vigorous training, manual labor, and literary lessons in order to take her and school her better than he could.

Throughout the next four years, she endured the training and did her best to not let them break her spirit. At first her tasks were simple manual labor, painting, tending the fields, polishing carriages but then she was allowed to learn the special fighting techniques of her warrior monk teachers. Despite all that, even at the end of the four years, she was still a savage miscreant who now knew how to read, write, and fight with special techniques only shared with members of the monastery, or so she saw it. The monks deemed her as not being able to learn anything further from them and sent her out on her own, to find her own center and balance from the world around her.

Her first job actually came as a blast from the past, Her adopted father sent her a missive for a job. Ever since the orc raid eighteen years ago, he had been bound to remaining in Castin City for fear of another such incident happening but as every merchant has to branch out, he needed a guard to take care of a shipment of goods on it's way to Kamplinn by boat. With nothing better to do, this is where she started her wandering with the intent of ditching the ship once in Kamplinn and going on her way on her own from there.

It was not to be that simple though, unbeknownst to her.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-28-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:11 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alrighty! I can't wait to see where this campaign goes! Kelrini is complete pending GM critique. I hope it was okay that I created a mid-sized city that would accommodate a criminal/gang lifestyle for my character's early years.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 681
CactusJack CactusJack CactusJack CactusJack CactusJack CactusJack
Hi, I'm very interested in this. I'll get together an application in the coming days. How much should/would our character know about Yarrow and the oozes?

Petward Goodslice
right-aligned image

Name: Petward Goodslice

Race: Halfling

Class: Warlock

Alignment: CG

Appearance: Petward falls within the average height for a halfling, but carries around a few extra pounds -- a result of his family’s bakery business. His hair is short and messy, with little effort put into maintaining it. Petward has thick, long and wild mutton chops that join a neatly trimmed goatee. His clothes are simple, apart from a deep blue cape with a gold clasp that hangs from his neck.

Personality: Petward is a glass half empty kind of person. He will always find something positive in every situation, no matter how dire. He is much more ambitious than most halflings, possibly a product of being the youngest of his large family. He has a taste for business, but isn’t very good at it. You could call Petward a penny pincher.

Background: Guild merchant. I don’t part with my money easily and will haggle tirelessly to get the best deal possible (personality). Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood (Ideal). I pursue wealth to secure someone’s love (Bond). I’m quick to assume that someone is trying to cheat me (flaw).

Writing Sample: Like all bad business decisions, it began with a pint at the local tavern. Petward just wanted to relax after a long day at the family business -- a pie and cake bakery, which had been handed down through five generations. He was an able baker, but Petward knew it was far from his calling. Being the youngest of seven brothers, he also had little chance of inheriting the business. Regardless, Petward had higher aspirations, he wanted to forge his own path and show his family he could succeed without the bakery. He wanted to be a man of commerce.

Sipping his pint, Petward found a sympathetic ear that day with a spice trader. He regaled Petward with tales of life on the road, the gold he had made, and the occasional adventure. It just so happened that the man was looking for a partner, he had just landed a lucrative contact and was bringing a shipment to Kamplinn. It was decided then and there, Petward would become a spice trader. After borrowing a modest sum of gold to buy in to the business from his eldest brother, Petward and his new partner set off.

Weeks later, Petward found himself in a simple boat heading up river to the trading settlement. Life on the road had been good, or at least it had been up until that point. It’s unclear if it was bad luck, bad weather, or if some unnatural force was at play, but their simple boat was swallowed whole by a sudden storm. Petward, his partner, and the cargo were all swept overboard into the cold, murky water. Sinking down to the inky bottom, Petward recalls a voice calling out to him, asking if he wanted to live. He knew his life was ruined, he had lost all his brother’s gold on a foolish gamble, his family would never trust him again, and he’d spend his life baking humble pies -- but he still answered, “yes.”

The next thing Petward remembers is waking up on a sandy shore coughing up two lungs worth of water. He felt... different, and it wasn’t the near death experience. Standing nearby was a large white stag. It showed no fear, and looked over Petward as he sputtered and gasped for air. “You owe your life to Oberon little halfling,” the stag said. “Be his faithful servant, and you shall be rewarded.” Panicked, Petward began to run. In which direction, it didn’t matter, as long as he got away from the white stag. Now in a full on sprint, Petward cut through the forest until he reached a clearing which led to a road. A single sign pointed northward and read “Kamplinn” And so Petward began walking north.

Last edited by CactusJack; 09-05-2018 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Added in my finished application + photo
Old 08-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8684
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: STR 10, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 14, WIS 10, CHR 8Jugz

Race: Goblin

Class: Fighter (Archery to Eldritch Knight)

Alignment: CN

Appearance: Barely reaching three and a half feet tall with ears almost as long as his upper arm, Jugz is no imposing figure. Looking closer, though, one would notice the trophies of his conquests. His cloak is made of deer skin with the head still a part of the motif. His clothes are tied to fit and were obviously made for someone much larger. He wears a necklace of teeth around his neck. Currently it sports fox, weasel, rat, and beaver but he has aims to widen the variety.

Personality: Jugz has spent his short life equal parts in goblinoid society and in the more civilized humanoid society. He has adopted certain parts of each into his personality. From the goblins he has inherited paranoia, impulsiveness and a lack of tact. From the humanoids he has gained compassion, confidence in his own abilities veering toward over confidence and a love of sweets, especially pies.

His paranoia causes him to always expect the worst of any situation but his confidence then kicks in and he recklessly plows ahead, certain he will prevail. This approach left him with a scar on one of his ears courtesy of a wolf which would have killed him if he hadn't gotten his dagger into its gut as it tried to maul his face. That portion of the story is left out when he shows people Wolfsbane, the dagger he was given as reward for saving a merchant's life.

Background: Highway RobberCriminal
Jugz was raised in a goblin tribe lorded over by a bugbear named Render who would forces his underlings to rob travelers and unguarded merchants. One such attack saw the robbers take on more than they could handle when the lone traveler turned out to be a dangerous wizard. Jugz had tripped on a tree root and missed out on the fireball blast that decimated the attackers. After that day he decided a life of highway robbery was just too dangerous and fell back on trapping and hunting, trading his finds with the humans of nearby villages.

Personality Trait:
- I am reckless and often do not think before I act.
Ideal:
- Authority is in place to be ignored.
Bond:
- I spared a merchant's life once. I can't fathom why but dislike when the weak are taken advantage of.
Flaw:
- If there’s a plan, I’ll forget it. If I don’t forget it, I’ll ignore it.

Writing Sample: The tavern in Kamplinn was pleasantly full of patrons and Jugz had a few extra silver pieces he was planning on turning into ale courtesy of a few pelts he had sold earlier in the day. While he had received several uncertain glances when he had entered, Jugz found that if one plunks a few silver pieces on a bar, almost anyone will be welcomed almost anywhere. So it was that he had three locals gathered round a table listening to him recall the time he saved a merchant from a pack of wolves.

"So there I was, bow in hand, ducking and dodging behind trees and bushes zipping arrows into wolves as they tried to eat the poor man's nag. All of a sudden, they stopped and all looked at me. The alpha had finally shown herself. A full two feet taller than me she was, hair as black as the darkest night and teeth the size of kitchen knives. Any man of the woods knows full well that a pack of wolves follows their alpha so I draw a bead on the bitch with my bow. She was quick and before I could react had flanked me. My arrow flew into empty air and she was upon me but I was quicker."

At this point in his story he pulls out his ornate dagger and says, "In a flash I had Wolfsbane out and buried into her side. With a pitiful yelp, she bolted back into the forest with her pack dragging their tails between their legs."

Truth be told, the merchant had given Jugz the dagger in gratitude for saving him and the goblin had fared far worse in the fight and was lucky to have survived but that wasn't a very good story.

Last edited by tomplum; 08-29-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24695
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
The Blood Hunter
right-aligned image

Name: Bjorg Tavernsmasher Katho-Kag
Race: Goliath
Class: Blood Hunter
Alignment: Lawful Neuteral
Appearance: Standing at a stature well above the tallest of humans Bjorg is a presence to be reckoned with no matter who comes across him. He typically wears large fur cloaks and leather uniform distinct of his order with the sleeves cut off allowing his tattoos to remain in full display.
Personality: Bjorg has a need to be the best and loves the thrill of competition putting it in anything he can manage whether its counting kills or down ales in the local tavern. Despite his desire to win he refuses to ever bend the rules and does not suffer liars or cheaters when he finds them. Slow to anger but quick to punishment he is not someone you want to be on the wrong side of if you can help it. He laughs hard and mightily with his friends and allies but takes the work of his order very seriously. Eliminating the dark horrors that haunt the land is a serious matter and he will pay any cost... including his own blood, to see it done.
Background:

Hunter of the Order
Skill Proficiency: Intimidation and Surivival
Tool Proficiency: Alchemist Kit or Herbalism Kit
Languages: One of your Choice
Equipment: A uniform of your order, any items with which your are proficient, and a pouch containing 15gp

Writing Sample:
Bjorg knew death like he knew pain. Of course he didn't always, there was a point when he took little seriously other than carousing with his friends. The elders did not appreciate it when he and the other young clan members would wander into town for a night of drinking which usually lead to brawling with the locals. One one occasion they had utterly destroyed the tavern with his antics and the clan was left to pay for the damages. For that offense Bjorg had paid dearly stuck to doing the most menial tasks and forbid from competition of any sort until he had reclaimed his honor. When he had the elder branded him with the name Tavernsmasher so he would always remember his failure.

In the final task to reclaim his honor he was sent tot he top of the mountain where he was to bring back the tooth of a great beast. It was a right of passage for the goliath and he knew it, the elder was asking him to 'grow up'. Frustrated and not understanding what the problem was with having a bit of fun he reluctantly made his way to the top of the mountain. It was not an easy task and he was sent with no weapons or resources of any kind. It took him four days to travel to the top and find the beast before besting it and donning his new trophy. Strapping it on a throng around his neck he started to make his way back home. When he was within half a day he started to see the smoke. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, the long strides of his great athletic limbs propelling him forward at incredible speed. In the end though it wasn't enough, his people had been decimated. A dark creature stood over the elder feasting on him while he bled out before them. Grabbing one of the axes of his slain kinsfolk he charged the creature, but the simple weapon had little effect.

It was then that he saw him for the first time. The man was known only by the name Pathfinder. The man was adorned in a dark tunic with a scarlet overlay and a sigil embroidered on both the chest and sleeve. What was most impressive however was his blade which burned with a holy fire as he approached the demonic creature at a steady pace plunging it through the infernal creature. As it withered into ash. Bjorg fell beside the elder who clutched his bicep. The last words of the dying seeped out of his whispering voice. "Lost son... you have returned... a man. Do good by the Katho-Kag.. you alone carry our....name." The last of his life seeped out of him as he died in Bjorg's arms.

The dark stranger took Bjorg under his protection and eventually adopted him into his order, the Dod zo Mog. The rough translation of it was 'Death to Evil'. Bjord quickly adopted their practice of slaying the most evil of creatures no matter what the cost and quickly picked up the practice of Blood Hunting to do so. The power in ones own blood was primal and allowed Bjord to tap into forces that he never knew possible. Once his training was complete however Pathfinder set him on his way. Not sure of where to go he headed north. Trekking through the cold it did not seem to bother him as much as others having grown in the mountains. Eventually he came upon the town of Kamplinn. Both retreating back to old habits and seeking out news of any sort of dark power in which he could extend his skills in thwarting he took refuge in the local tavern. Sitting at a corner table so he could observe the comings and goings of the place he drank a pitcher of ale as if it was a stein.

As the man approached he gave him a careful glance. "Capable yes, available maybe.... Just what is it you need help with?" he asked taking a large gulp from his ale. "Clearing it out? I suppose you don't just need help moving.. take a seat and tell me your troubles. Bjord should be able to help you tiny man. " he replied gesturing toward the seat in front of him.

Last edited by Avner; 08-31-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusJack View Post
Hi, I'm very interested in this. I'll get together an application in the coming days. How much should/would our character know about Yarrow and the oozes?
If your character is a local of Kamplinn they would at least recognize his name having heard stories about him growing up. Yarrow is treated a bit a local legend, used to scare small children when they miss behave.Since Kamplinn was not established when the rift was opened it is all a here-say about if the crystal is true or not. If your character is not from Kamplinn they most likely have not heard of him unless they are a well educated magic user.

UPDATE:
Everyone that has posted above this post has been added to the applicant table and characters are currently being reviewed. Status will be updated once I get to read them. Thank you all for expressing interest so quickly.
Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; 08-29-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6219
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - Withdrawn

Last edited by Shaede; 09-06-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
CritFail
Mincie Meathoarder the gnome rogue

Sounds like a fun setup for an adventure! I've been playing 5e for about 2 years, new to PbP but looking forward to trying it out!

right-aligned image

Name:*Mincie Meathoarder
Race:*Gnome
Class:*Rogue
Alignment:*NN
Appearance:*Mincie is a rotund gnome, rosy cheeks, usually with a big smile on her face.
Personality:*

Mincie comes across as jovial and happy go lucky but it’s just because she doesn’t have anything left to lose. She can be reckless at times but cares for those that she can be close to…especially in a mothering way.

Personality Traits: I'm prone to risk taking...my hubby ran off with me kids so what have I got to lose?
Ideals: Life has taken a lot from me and I'm gonna get some of it back.
Bonds: Edwin Lamb is gonna get what's commin' to him if it's the last thing I do.
Flaws: When I brew up a batch of "Mincie's Moonshine" I gotta have a little bit for me'self...ALWAYS.

Background:*Criminal (smuggler).

I took to moonshining when the wicked Edwin Lamb*sold the farm me family had worked for generations. With no lands to tend and no manor to upkeep Mr. Meathoarder and I were left with nothing. With no other prospects I turned to brewing moonshine and running it to some of the more dis-reputable drinking establishments in the area. Mincie’s Moonshine gained quite a following….including my own!

My reputation as a moonshine runner garnered me a bit of side work now and then when a client needed other sorts of materials moved about without the authorities being involved. Maybe now and then situations might have involved a bit o’ throat cuttin’ too.

Writing Sample:
Word of Mincie’s Moonshine has spread to the only pub in Kamplinn. The pay was right so Mincie packed up her cart full o’ mason jars, covered it all in hay bales and hops, and headed down the road. As always she keeps her trusty short swords on her belt and a dagger hidden in her sock.

Last edited by CritFail; 08-30-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Addin a picture
Old 08-30-2018, 11:47 AM
Illithid Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
right-aligned image
Name: Saul Draenore
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
Background: I reworked the Sage background to better suit Saul's knowledge of nature and remedies and his desire to help those around him.
Skills: Arcana, History
Tools: Herbalism Kit, Cook's Utensils
Feature: Researcher
Local Scholar
Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance: Saul is a large man, though more rotund than athletic, and through his years of work and study his hair has grown long and has greyed in places. Used to living in relative safety, his attire is focused towards good appearance and comfort over durability or protection. Saul wears a ruddy brown tunic with dark pants and tall boots to give himself a look of import, and when traveling he covers himself with a darkened blue cloak to ward off the cold.

Personality: Saul is a humble man, soft-spoken and respectful, one who has enjoyed a quiet life of contemplation and study. As well, he is a man who cares deeply for those around him, seeking to develop strong bonds to replace a family that has slowly left him over the years.

Seeing himself as a man of the people Saul considers his rare knowledge of spellcraft as merely a skill to better the lives of those around him than any tool for combat or social empowerment. It is due to this wisdom and ability that Saul has developed himself as a pillar of the town, unofficially being known among the people of Kamplinn as the man to go to if you need help. That being said, he prefers assisting in matters of advisory over conflict.

Writing Sample - A Ghost of the Past

Saul rested in his private study, quietly looking over a letter, an aged piece of parchment back from his days of study at the college. Beside him a small fire softly warmed the large man, a pleasant feeling to go with the warmth of the wine no longer in his glass. Still, no matter the low comforts of his home, the letter drew him from his happiness.

In the years since he'd settled down in this quaint little village he had looked upon it many times, seeking to decipher the meaning of a friend long lost. Written upon it were only a few words, roughly scratched and in a secret code only he and its writer, Naviid, had known. It posed a question to him, one that still after all these years remained unanswered.

It would not be untrue to say this very letter had been the reason he had declined to stay at the college, with its many amenities and offerings. That he had moved so far away and to such a small town. And as well, it would not be untrue to say he had been guided here by it the very same.

But that was years ago, and he had long since lost his exuberance towards finding the true meaning of things. All that remained was a question.

Placing the letter on the end table with his wine glass, Saul stared into the fire, drunk and ornery. As the village of Kamplinn had risen around him he knew he had done his best to aid the people. His magics had proven useful in the building, his knowledge a use to the locals and his concoctions a godsend to the sick and hurt. Yet still, he knew he had not done everything he could.

Naviid's letter was old, written in a language only Saul remained to understand, and yet it burdened him with the guilt of its cruel secrets.

Last edited by Anthrueser; 08-31-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical alteration.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 408
Lifedragn Lifedragn Lifedragn Lifedragn Lifedragn
Name: Thalerin
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance: Tanned skin and dark hair. This elf keeps himself well-groomed.

Personality:
Traits: There is nothing I like more than a good mystery. | I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them
Ideal: Free Thinking. Inquiry and euriosity are the pillars of progress.
Bond: My life's work is a series of tomes related to a speeific field of lore. Self-Destruction: Demonologists and the Powers They Serve
Flaws: Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy. | I will do anything for a pretty face.

Curiosity has never been a rarity among elves, but this particular one has it in spades. Despite his best efforts to be compassionate, he can often have trouble with knowing the borders of appropriate topics to broach or questions to surface. When not seeking the mysteries of the universe or working on his tomes, Thalerin can be found seeking the simple pleasures of music, storytelling, and good company.

Background: Sage (Researcher)
Writing Sample:

"Self-Destruction? I do not necessarily disagree with your premise but do you not find the title a little dramatic?" The old man furrowed a single bushy gray eyebrow.

Thalerin offered a knowing smirk. "I would like for people to read my works. Your library is full of information but absent of patrons! 'Tis past time we began treating such studies and sharing as less of a drudgery and more of an art. A little flair will breed interest and mayhaps we'll see someone walk in who isn't an adventurer trying to identify some enchanted object or discern the location of some ancient ruin."

The elderly man shook his balding, wrinkled head. "Pardon my straightforward nature..." He would begin as he started to rise from his seat. Turning his back on the elf, the man began walking slowly towards his desk to retrieve a large rolled parchment. "... but most of we stuffy old scholars lack the luxury of time to waste on such frivolities that you lot so lazily enjoy."

"What good is a life not enjoyed? What you consider wasting I call making it worth the work. So what's that you have there?"

The man began his walk back towards their shared table. "This? It is just a map. If you are set upon this path of study then I have a place you might be able to start your research. You see, a little gnome once told me..."

Last edited by Lifedragn; 09-02-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I am going through the first group of applications. I am surprised at the number of criminals you guys have given me! Kamplinn is going to be running amuck with hooligans no matter the party.

I am giving everyone feedback, you are welcome to respond by PM, secret text or publicly, your choice. Just a heads up I will most likely not get to update the table until the middle of the week due to working the holiday weekend here in the States.

Tower graduate #820
Old 09-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 408
Lifedragn Lifedragn Lifedragn Lifedragn Lifedragn
So long as it doesn't get too old with the others, I'd certainly be up for those quirks.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6219
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede