... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-24-2019, 10:09 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
What kind of classes do you have so far in the group?
Old 11-24-2019, 01:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
2 fighters and cleric make up the current party. They are also 2 half-orcs and a goblin for races.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
My posting rate has been less than daily lately, like ..2-3 times a week, is that okay?
Old 11-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Yes, 2-3 posts a week is just fine. We currently get about 2 posts a week out of combat.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:47 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Im sorry, silver, im going to have to withdraw my interest, my thoughts are far too scatterbrained and uncoordinated lately.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Tower graduate #820
Old 11-28-2019, 09:19 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
tooktheredpill42
I'm interested in applying! Just need to create a character real quick.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Excellent. You still have a little over a week to get your application in.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Throwing in my interesting! Will get a rogue up when I'm home from work. How do you feel about me using the new UA Soul Knife subclass?
Old 12-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@ColorsoftheHeart. I will take a look at it and get back to you but think about sticking to the PHB. I just got off work and will have more time tomorrow to do some reviewing.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:27 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
I can stick to the PHB, it's no big deal.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Kylee Ashworthy

Race: Half Elf

Class: Rogue (Soul Knife)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Standing at about 5'2" with a thin build. Kylee has naturally wavy blonde locks which are always perfectly neat and golden brown eyes. She wears well made leather armor that fits her perfectly and a cobalt colored cloak. Though she looks much like her High Elven heritage, her face is far too human to pass off as one of them. Her eyebrows are naturally a dark brown. Her cheeks still hold baby fat, rather than being angular. Her eyes and facial expressions also betray her human side.

Personality: Kylee has a very expressive face that makes it easy to tell what she's feeling, no poker face here. She's fiercely loyal to those she trusts, betray that trust and you've just made a terrifying enemy. Stubborn to a fault, hard working, and passionate, make for a girl who refuses to give up, back down from a challenge, or let something difficult get in the way of success. Having been raised somewhat as a noble, she does know all about etiquette and how she's supposed to act, but generally doesn't. She's a very smart young lady with a mind for tricks, plans, and history. She doesn't use her nobility against people and in fact hardly mentions it at all, she believes that people all bleed the same and that their birth right doesn't matter. She doesn't like to be the center of attention and instead lets other people take the spotlight, preferring to stick to the shadows and support others where she won't be seen.

Background: Noble - The illegitimate child of a High Elven noble family, created on a night of champagne fueled regrets. Raised differently to her fully High Elven siblings but still enjoying all the luxuries that come with that life. Rather than being raised to take up the mantle of her family business, she was raised as support to her siblings, to protect them and fight for them as an assassin, bodyguard, and spy. The combination of bloodlines, a High Elven noble father, and fortune teller mother, had some interesting effects on Kylee. Though she has no talent for classical magic, there is magic in her waiting to be manifested. The problem being that nobody knows how to bring it out.

Writing Sample: The town of Kamplinn was nothing like any of the towns Kylee had ever visited before. No fancy nobles in sight, just working class people going about their lives. A trade town with many different kinds of people, but distinctly lacking the kind that she didn't want to be around right now. The recent events were still making Kylee angry, but she didn't regret her choice to leave at all, or the words that were exchanged. Her only regret was that she hadn't taken the time to pack very well and had no choice but to wear her own leathers rather than ones that looked a bit less noble. As she searched for a local inn to stay in the night, the conversation played back in her head once more.

Kylee burst into her father's office and slammed a paper down on his desk, one that had been recently handed to her by one of the staff. Her sudden angry presence startled her father and he looked confused until he saw what she had just brought him. "What in the Nine Hells is this?" She demanded.

Her father simply looked down at the paperwork he was currently working on. "A marriage proposal. One that you, of course, will be accepting."

Kylee shook her head. "Absolutely not! That isn't what you've told me my entire life. I'm supposed to be a bodyguard, an assassin, support to my brothers and sister. Not some piece of flesh to be sold off to the highest bidder. I won't throw away my life's work and become some pretty little noblewoman for some creep to show off."

"He isn't a creep, Lord Yllren is a very respectable man with a good business and reputation. He's a merchant which means you would get to travel like you always wanted. You caught his eye at the party last week and the Ashworthy family could use the connections this marriage will bring."

Right, because I haven't given everything to this damned family already."

This caused Kylee's father to finally look up and meet her gaze. Two very stubborn people were facing off, and somebody would have to give eventually. "You are part of this family, and you will accept the proposal."

Kylee would give first, but not in the way that her father expected. Enough was enough. "I was never part of this family. You may have given me Elven beauty, but my mother is the one who gave me everything important."

Without another word, Kylee turned and quickly walked out. Ignoring her father's shouts at her to come back.

She had packed her bag and left shortly after that conversation. Ever since she was a little girl, she had been told she was different than the rest of them. That her role in the family was behind the scenes. Then suddenly everything changed when it was important for them. She should have known this sooner, but she was nothing but a tool for them to use and throw away. Not anymore, she wouldn't accept that anymore. She would show them that she didn't need them to survive. She had survived these past two weeks just fine. Her mother's blood had always done more for her anyway.

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 12-02-2019 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

A little less than a week for applications. So far only two have been put forth.
Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; 12-01-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old 12-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Tower graduate #820