... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 04:45 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Alright she's finished! I hope you like her.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Absorbentfish Absorbentfish
Name: Bendrum Trollbleeder
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: CG
Appearance: Bendrum Trollbleeder stands a hearty 4'8" and weighs a substantial 180lbs. Bendrum is mostly bald on top except for a small mohawk and animal-shaped tattoos on the bald parts of his head. He has a large mane of jet black facial hair that covers the majority of his mouth and chest. On the edge of his beard, he has a braid that goes down on either side of his beard that is tied off in what seems to be a single bear claw. He wears bear furs and normal leathers. He keeps a great axe on his back with a few other stowed weapons.
Personality: Bendrum is a little gruff and rough around the edges at times. He's a man of few words and does not know many things. However, the things he does know (or thinks that he knows) he is very passionate about and can carry on a moderate conversation regarding that topic. He also can never say no to a good time especially if there is ale involved.
Background: Outlander
Writing Sample: Bendrum Trollbleeder is from a group of traveling nomads basing the location on the availability of supplies and weather. Bendrum's father, Nalral Trollbleeder, was the chieftain of his tribe and was a fair leader, but many people felt he was weak and did not raid enough. When Bendrum came about the age of 100, there was an uprising against his father and was overthrown. Bendrum was out on a hunt and was too late to help his father and witnessed Uraim Torevir cut Nalral down. Enraged Bendrum tried to avenge his father, however, there were too many allied with Uraim. Bendrum was rendered unconscious. Once came to he awoke to be tied to a tree and left to die. This was a common punishment for those who had committed crimes within the tribe, although someone left his equipment behind with him. Bendrum eventually broke free of his bindings and gave his family a proper burial. Bendrum defeated set on a different path from where his tribe would go, on his way to explore somewhere new. He stumbled upon the town Kamplinn where he worked as muscle on a farm for a couple of decades. In his spare time, Bendrum learned the trade of brewing his own ale and even sold a few casks at the local tavern.

Action: While holding his great axe firmly in his grasp Bendrum lets out a mighty roar. Bendrum's sight goes red as his rage builds. He lashes out at the hulking grotesque figure. The giant-kin reels back from the blow to its abdomen. Though bleeding heavily the gash begins to heal rapidly after the attack. The giant-kin swipes forward at Bendrum with its long spindly fingers each ending in jet black, obsidian like nails at the end of the fingers. However, the claws fail to find their mark as Bendrum tumbles out of the way. With his thick beard swaying with his movement, Bendrum swings his axe with a mighty force and breaks the knee of the beast, making it easier to follow up with a chop to the clavicle. The weakened monster lets out a booming yell, bares its teeth, and pierces down into Bendrum's shoulder causing blood to begin to pool beneath his leathers. Bendrum kicks off the chest removing the teeth from his shoulder allowing for a clean chop for a final blow. The wedge of his axe meets the neck of the giant-kin causing its head to tumble to the ground. To prevent the reformation of the creature Bendrum swiftly grabs a torch and sets the monster ablaze. For Bendrum knows how dangerous a troll can be, or his name isn't Trollbleeder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RjZWZs9.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	82403  

Last edited by Absorbentfish; 12-05-2019 at 08:18 PM. Reason: GM Request
Old 12-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Thank you for your applications I have updated the table one the first page for both of you. If you have any questions for me please post them. I will look over your applications and give you feedback tonight or tomorrow.

Only 3 days until applications close.
Tower graduate #820
Old 12-04-2019, 03:10 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 308
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Koot Wood PipeName: Koot Wood Pipe
Race: Rock Gnome
Class: Wizard (School of Illusion)
Alignment: Lawful Good

Appearance: Koot is 275 years old with long black hair streaked with silver, wrapped into a nice braid that reaches down to his knees and a matching full, long beard that touches his bellybutton. His skin is a pasty, pale white due to lack of sunlight from his studies within the great libraries within the lands and quite leathery feeling and wrinkled due to his smoking habit. He is thinly built, the only sign of any muscle definition in his body are in his arms and legs, and that is only from having to lift heavy books from the stands in the libraries onto tables so he could read them. He has sharp, deep emerald green eyes, accented by his thick black eyebrows and matching thick eyelashes. His face is rounded and his ears are pointed much like his race, they have piercings on the lobes of his ears and they point outwards, rather than backwards. His teeth are yellow from many, many, many years of smoking and he has the telltale discoloured hands as well. He has a number of tattoos down both of his arms, that reaches to the backs of his hands. The tattoos are the images of spells that he likes the look of.

He wears nice simple, common clothing, a plain white/gray shirt, brown pants and brown traveling boots. Over his clothes are his robes, finely made deep navy blue robes, trimmed in black, tailored to fit over his body loosely and sits just above the ground. He has a matching wide brimmed hat, that has a string attached at either end so that he can have it sitting over his backpack. He doesn't often wear it, only when it is very sunny outside. He has a long wooden pipe, handmaid from his grandfather that he always has packed and lit, it is not often you would find him without it and often uses the smoke that he produces as a medium for his magic, especially his illusions. The book that he keeps close to his chest is made of fine leather and filled with many pages. The writing on the front is Koot's Book of Spells, written in Gnomish and is bound in a leather case.

Personality: Koot has a deep thirst for knowledge and the power that, that knowledge gives him. He is very interesting in the weave of magic, how it works, what made it and how to better control it. He is also, very, very much in love with art, such as paintings, tapestries, statues, etc. He often combines the two, when he is speaking about something from one of the books he has read he will often use his illusion magic to give his words life and to better show them what he is often talking about. He loves to talk, you could talk to him about anything, except poetry, he is not a fan of poems. He also loves his wooden smoking pipe, made from his grandfather, again I must stress this, he is very rarely seen without that thing in his mouth, being packed and relit.

He also likes meeting new people, he believes that they all have such different experiences than he had and is often interested how they got to where they are now. He also likes tinkering when he isn't doing anything, he usually keeps it as a lighting unit, but sometimes when he is reading, he would have it made into a music box, to play a song from his home that would play over and over again. Often driving the people around him mad, but he doesn't care, it reminds him of home, somewhere he cannot go back to, not yet.

He doesn't hate things, but he does dislike a number of things, as I mentioned before, poetry, he just doesn't like it, he doesn't know why, but when he hears it, it just sounds like someone clawing a chalkboard right into his ears. He also doesn't like booze and what it does to people, often making them turn into bumbling fools that prefer to talk with their fists, rather than their mouths when he is having an argument with them. He dislikes establishments that don't allow the use of magic, he believes that it is a thing that is within us all, some just work harder to find it and wield it than others, it's not his fault, or any other magic user's. He dislikes goblins, but just because they are such messy creatures, no care for hygiene, don't clean up after themselves, it just irritates him how they can live with themselves.

Background: Entertainer - Using his magic, he has become quite well known for his use of his illusion magic to bring his words to life, weaving it, using the smoke from his pipe as a medium for it. As he tells the tales and shows it with his magic, it often gathers a crowd and brings joy, fear, sadness, wonder to those who are watching and listening. It is often how he makes his living and allows him to travel to many places around this country and has built himself a small reputation from his performances.

Writing Sample: Koot walked along the road, on his way to a small town called Kamplinn where, in his immense studies, had found a story of a sorcerer named Yarrow and his gnome companion who had tried to open a rift to another plane. When he heard the story and found out that he was not that far away, he packed his things, lit his pipe and journeyed on to find this town.

Along the way he ran into a merchant caravan with a man, woman and child sitting by it, they looked as if they were resting and having a meal. His stomach growled, the fool, he had not eaten himself, he waved to the people.

"Hello there young ones! Mind if I join you?" He asked them, his voice high pitched and raspy from years of smoking, he smiled his yellow teeth and began to take out his own rations.

"Sure, have a seat, it is a fine day today." The older man said as he made room for the gnome. He sat down and began to eat with them. "I'm Darren, this my wife Kara and this here is our boy Devon. What's your name friend? And where are you from?" He then asked as he bit into some of his own food.

"The name's Koot! Pleasure to meet you all," Koot said as he took a puff from his pipe and shook all their hands. "I come from the city of Baram, a large city, beautiful, maybe it's best I showed you." He added as he took a deep breath, then exhaled the smoke, his pipe lit with an arcane green light and the smoke turned into a miniature of the city. With tall towers and buildings that reached towards the heavens, made of marble and other white stones

They were all in awe of the spectacle, Koot's face then turned grim.

"But over time corruption had plagued the city and it became a sickly shell of what it once was." He then said as he waved his hands and the image of the white city turned to a pale, sickly gray that spread over it. "I was a performer there, a good one at that, trained by illusionists to create live works of art, but when the decay started I packed up my things, as did the others, and went our own ways. I studied, went to every library I could, performing along the way to pay for the trip. Then I stumbled upon the story of Yarrow..." He explained and as he did, his smoke changed to the image of Yarrow from the books that he read. "...legend says that this man here, a sorcerer tried to pry open a portal to another realm," he then continued to tell the tale of Yarrow to these three and as he did, he wove his illusion magic that enhanced his tale. When he was done, the people clapped, the child laughed in joy.

"Amazing! I had never heard that story before, thank you very much." Kara praised Koot, he smiled.

"Ah, it's nothing but a pleasure of mine, well I should be going, don't want to lose any more daylight. Thank you all for listening and have yourselves a wonderful day." Koot said as he stood up, wiped his hands and gathered his things, the others stood with him and shook his hand again, he then took off to Kamplinn. In search to see if the legends were true.

Info on Stats and Spells: STR: 8 | DEX: 14 | CON: 11 | WIS: 10 | INT: 17 | CHA: 14
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Chill Touch, Mage Hand, Dancing Lights
Spells: Mage Armour, Shield, Magic Missile

Last edited by The Dark Star; 12-05-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers

I have given all of you feedback on your applications. You are welcome to tinker with them up to Friday's deadline. I will make selections over the weekend.
Tower graduate #820
Old 12-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 308
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Old 12-05-2019, 08:31 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Absorbentfish Absorbentfish
Got it.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are closed. I will review everyone's submission and make a selection by Monday (Dec. 8th). Thank you everyone that applied.
Tower graduate #820
Old 12-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Selections have been made.

Bestian Eastwick the warlock will be joining the party.

It was not easy, even between the four applications, to decide who to bring into the game. Several factors went into my decision of only adding one player when I could have easily taken two. If anyone would like more feedback please PM me. Again I thank all of you for your applications for this game.

APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Tower graduate #820