DnD5e Star War - Nar Shaddaa: Credit Heist - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 2 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2148
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Alright, I think I got it finished.

Let me know if there is anything you would like to see in it that I might have missed. or maybe more detail somewhere that i missed.
Looks good, Arthillian. I think you've got it covered. Way to be that ambitious role player!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
You know me
Old 05-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1457
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
ApplicationName: Nahmei Len
Race: Duros
Class: Possible Gunslinger Practice/ Sharpshooter Fighting StyleOperative
Alignment: Chaotic Light
Background: Smuggler
Personality Trait:
_ Being seen with unsavory figures is a sure way to undermine my wok, which is why I work out of sight.
Ideal
_No border crossing or bribe is too difficult; that's just the coward's way of saying exciting!
Bond
_a bloodthirsty pirate stole a shipment from me and killed a dear friend of mine. I will have my vengeance.
Flaw
_ "Trust nobody, not even yourself" I am plagued by paranoia.

Personality: Nahmei is angry. That anger doesn't always show itself in angry outbursts fo harsh words yelled at the stars or at eemies in battle. No that anger simmers underneath and comes out more so in her actions towards those she considers enemies of her people (generally) and of her allies (specifically). She attempts to remain calm, and even quiet, around thse she considers allies. Though, they are less like an adopted family to her, and more like moving pieces of on a chess board. They are just on her side and aiding her towards her goals. She still possesses the Duros tradition of being a fantastic storyteller and is happy to spin a yarn or two, given the right conditions. But, she prefers to be off by herself; or around technology. It's the one thing that provides her comfort and solice these days.

Appearance: Standing at 5'9 and weighting 125 lbs., Nahmei may be appear to be the most intimidating creature in the galaxy, but her value to a crew comes in other ways. What sets her apart from other of her race, are her glowing red eyes and blue skin. The lack of hair doesn't help either.

Brief Background: Growing up in the Duro Tech Lifepod (as it was called) star ship above her home planet of Duro; Nahmei experienced and ordinary, and very loving childhood. Like many members of her race, she learned to love technology at an early age. She took an interest in piloting ships; convinced that someday she would become a great pilot. Additionally, she was gifted a blaster pistol at an early age and taught by her father, informally at first, how to shoot it and maintain it. Later, when she entered the piloting academy, this blaster training was formalized, along with the basics of armor training and astronavigation.

RP Sample (not a writing sample): I would like a prompt for this, please!

Destiny:

Have you played/read Waterdeep: Dragon Heist before? No. I have heard of the module, but have not played it.

Last edited by Howling Winds of; 05-05-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 239
hugehuman hugehuman hugehuman
First time using a forum for PbP, so please bear with me!

O-2Name: O-2 "Oh-too"
Species: Droid, Class Two
Class: Scout(likely Stalker Technique)
Alignment: True Balanced, Light leaning
Background: Agent(Rebel Alliance)
Personality traits:
- I have little practical experience dealing with people in the world.
O-2 is far from a protocol droid. He was built for labor, and even after gaining more of a personality through years without a memory wipe, he tends to simply listen and observe, and is sometimes caught off guard when addressed directly by a stranger.

Ideal:
- I seek to aid the Rebel Alliance in any way possible, and have no qualms about what I must do to do so. (Balanced)

Bond:
- I owe my life to the mechanic who repaired me.

Flaw:
- I hate incompetent and corrupt beings with a passion, as the reason I was left deactivated for so long was due to an incompetent foreman and neglectful superiors.

Appearance: O-2 is a Generation II Serv-O-Droid E-series mining droid. He is a small, quadrupedal droid, spider-like in appearance, with two rotating manipulators where mandibles would be. The years have not been kind on him, as rust is visible in patches on his faded olive-painted chassis. Despite this, the Serv-O-Droid logo remains visible on his abdomen storage compartment.

Personality: O-2 wears the mask of a model service droid, compliant and always to the point, if a bit blunt, lacking organic sensibilities. This hides a more complex inner personality of an old droid who has gone without a memory wipe in nearly 50 cycles, building up a rather caustic psyche. In his years of operation, he has gone from a gatherer of ore to a gatherer of secrets, but always at someone's beck and call. Despite the growing ennui, he completes his tasks thoroughly day to day, content to remain active.

Backstory: O-2(formerly designated E-235) was a mining droid that worked for Prospinc, a small-time mining company, in the deepest bowels of the Subterrel mines. Designed for extracting ore, and transporting it for processing, he mindlessly followed his programming for over a dozen cycles since his first activation. One day, Prospinc's branch of the mines suffered a massive cave-in, due to a poorly implemented support system, and sub-optimal planning on the foreman's part. The prospect was deemed too expensive for re-excavation, and Prospinc pulled out of the system, leaving E-235 trapped underground with the other damaged E-series droids. He could only watch and wait as they all eventually powered down.

Several cycles passed before scavengers uncovered the old mines, selling E-235 to a Sullustan mechanic and supporter of the Rebel Alliance. The mechanic repaired E-235, giving him the new designation of O-2, and made numerous modifications to him for reconnaissance and combat functions. O-2's new purpose was to be the eyes and ears of the Rebels on Nar Shaddaa, gathering intelligence on members of the criminal underworld, and looking out for potential recruits. He was sold as a general maintenance droid to a cantina owner, performing simple repair and cleaning jobs normally, while secretly performing reconnaissance and reporting back to the Rebels. He takes no pleasure in this function, but performs it without even being programmed to, as the one thing he has grown to fear is remaining deactivated and forgotten.

RP Sample: O-2 beeps and warbles at the waitress's question, a bit surprised at her sudden entry.

Binary:

He shuffles to the side, assuming she was referring to someone next to him. He's only a droid, after all, and is used to being ignored. He prefers things that way; it lets him perform better reconnaissance. He goes back to monitoring the two humans speaking in hushed tones in a booth across the hall, his photoreceptors scanning their facial movements to interpret their words amidst the din in the cantina. The two didn't seem jubilant like the others, and he suspects they're Imperial informants. His Rebel contacts would surely be interested in their conversation.

Played/Read Dragon Heist before?: Never even looked at it.

Last edited by hugehuman; 05-15-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:54 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Helpful RP PromptThe Slag Pit was loud tonight. The normally raucous cantina seemed to have found a new level of chaos. Everyone was laughing a little too loud, fighting a little too quickly and glancing around with that furtive air that only real dregs could achieve. The news had finally filtered down to their level: the Empire had lost some sort of battle and Darth Vader was missing and presumed dead at the hands of the Rebels.

Bonnie, the human barmaid, deftly maneuvered through the crowd. Slipping into your relatively quiet alcove with what could only be some sort of esoteric Force technique. She cocked out one hip to hold her serving try and smiled down at you. "You heard the news?" she gossiped, rolling her eyes. "What can I getcha, hun?"

Last edited by Quick Ben; 05-05-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:47 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I got a feeling 2 or 3 of my current games are dead or dying so I'll give a look at the creation rules and see about making a character. Should have an app up in a couple of days.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: I'm getting dental implants Monday, posting rate will be QUESTIONABLE until furthor notice!
Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9035
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Oh my.... I may have to put an app in... just to see.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 324
g047br41n g047br41n g047br41n g047br41n
Name: Koth Wobec
Race: Human
Class: Monk (Possibly Echani Order)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Hermit

Personality: I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
Ideal: Self-Knowledge. If you know yourself, there's nothing left to know. (Any)
Bond: Nothing is more important than the other members of my order.
Flaw: I canít resist a pretty face.

Appearance: Kord is a lean, dark-skinned young man with brown eyes and a shaved head. He stands at 5'6" and is in excellent shape. Kord wears loose, simple clothes with a turban, the style and pattern of which indicates affiliation to his particular monastery of origin.

Brief Background: Left at a small space station based monastery shortly after birth, Koth grew up showing a great aptitude for the martial arts. He was, however, far less inclined towards the austere lifestyle of a monk and was relegated to the role of lay-disciple early on. Rather than spend decades in meditation, he instead worked as a guard on one of the many ships that brought pilgrims and supplies to the monastery.

As a lay-disciple, Koth was never truly a part of the monastery's inner workings, spending his days either working on the ship or training martial arts. Once he was old enough and as a lay-disciple, he was allowed to leave the monastery to live a secular life.

Koth took the opportunity to travel to all over the galaxy working on various ships and for many captains, enjoying life in the galaxy at large. But he never forgot where he came from, staying in contact with the monks and every so often sending them credits to help out.

Recently, though, he was informed of a theft back home and the monks have asked him to keep an eye out for either the artefact that was stolen or the thief. Especially since Koth has been operating out of Nar Shadaa for the last few years, and that's about as shady as a place is going to get.

RP SampleKord sits with one hand under his chin, the fingers of his other hand drumming softly on the table. He looks over at the barmaid and gives a small chuckle. "Hey there, Bonnie. Just a cup o' Jawa Juice, thanks", Kord says.

Turning his head to look at the rest of the cantina, "Yea, course, I heard. News like that? Who hasn't heard 'bout it."

The monk stops drumming his fingers, "Lot of folks makin' bank offa the conflict, ya know," he hooks a thumb at the crowd, "This? This just means more creds 'bout ta start rollin' in."

He leans back and sits up a little, "No way, the Empire takes a hit like this lyin' down. Bounty huntin's bout to start payin' bigger than ever, you mark my words."

Kord resumes drumming his fingers and gives a small smile, "Me? I'm just sittin' tight. Gonna watch the show and see what comes my way."

Have you played/read Waterdeep Dragon Heist before?: Nope. No idea what's in there.

Last edited by g047br41n; 05-06-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6042
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Aw man, this looks awesome. I'll try and get an app written.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7245
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Are we still disavowed nobles like in Dragon heist? I haven't played the campaign myself but I have applied for it a couple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Ben View Post
Yes, definitely. The Empire still has a "noble" class and I can supply some names/backgrounds that would be present on Nar Shaddaa if that's of interest.
  • Does disavowed mean we are on the outs with the Empire/Family?
  • And would being related to an Imperial Admiral or Moff count as being a "noble"?
Thinking of having my character be the son or daughter of an Imperial Admiral or Moff.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: I'm getting dental implants Monday, posting rate will be QUESTIONABLE until furthor notice!
Old 05-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I added a stat layout that is not set in stone and I added his Background specialty and Feat.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:04 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7981
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
QB, you're back! I have too much on my plate to apply, but anyone on the fence should jump in - QB is a great DM
Old 05-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
  • Does disavowed mean we are on the outs with the Empire/Family?
  • And would being related to an Imperial Admiral or Moff count as being a "noble"?
Thinking of having my character be the son or daughter of an Imperial Admiral or Moff.
That's how I took the term disavowed, although I did check and there's no requirement for such in this adventure.

And yes, there is an Imperial aristocracy pretty clearly present in even the new canon. The Imperial Navy sees a lot of that, and Moffs and planetary Governors would fall into that category as well.

The Empire and the Rebellion are both factions within the game, so ties to either are totally fair game.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:01 AM
Precisely when I mean to.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
This looks great. I have so much fun DM'ing Star Wars for family, and I've been itching to check out the reskin for 5e.

Will get an app completed before the end of the week!
Old 05-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3004
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I think my application is complete. Sorry I couldn't find a picture, the only ones of Ardennians that seem to exist so far are of the character in Solo.