Other [Champions 6e] 9 11 Teen Supers - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 5 4 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-06-2019, 12:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1878
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
[Champions 6e] 9 11 Teen Supers

Applicants

Player NameCharacter NameApplication Status
JaredSynPitbullCharacter approved and promoted to game.
KaiyaBrightCharacter approved and promoted to game.
KomaruDynamoCharacter approved and promoted to game.
DrachenspiritSliderCharacter approved and promoted to the game.
NightshadeKaijuCharacter approved and promoted to the game; Player on Leave of Absence.
Phantom MouseRavageCharacter approved and promoted to the game.
ElderTensileCharacter approved and promoted to the game.
SirviantistbdCharacter tbd.
AlyfoxPantheraCharacter write up for review (name for review too).
MurdochVoidCharacter write up for review.

Game Name[Champions 6e] 9 11 Teen Supers
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeFirst Gen Teen Superheroes (Think Mutants for origin and flavor, not Ironman or Captain America.)
FlavourFour Color/Silver Age; Death and horror can happen but are not common; light-hearted humor can happen. Not dystopian. No anti-heroes or villains need to apply.
Plot SummaryLooking for players in addition to some already reserved spots. PC's can be in a team or mostly on their own. This may change through player choice in play.

Teen Champions 6e 300 Points Total; 250 + 50 Complications; Max 60 active points per characteristic; Max 90 active points per power. GM will limit or reject 'stop sign' or 'caution sign' powers. Required to take 3 levels of Striking Appearance. All teen supers are extraordinarily physically appealing individuals. Required Psychological Complication: Code Against Killing. Sample blank template link (I’ll ultimately be entering the characters into the Hero Designer application to keep track of ‘official ‘ copies and linking the official character sheets.

2001/9/11 The World Trade Center Complex in lower Manhattan New York City disappears without a trace and is replaced by glowing circular artifact (think Stone Henge on a larger scale) that shoots a pillar of green flame up into the sky!
Next, a horde of figures emerged and spread out, looting and pillaging and terrorizing as it spread out from that central point. Thus the invasion of the United States of American by another dimension began.
The invasion force consisted of bizarre, unlikely individuals in the form of animated skeletons and corpses using Bronze Age armaments! Yet their primitive technology was enhanced by unnatural abilities and most devastating, the failure of modern technology in proximity to the artifact from which they emerged! Guns did not fire. Motors did not start. Batteries did not provide energy. Even shells fired from beyond the range of the anti-technology effect fell to the ground inert when they entered it!

Beyond the range of this physics-defying effect, the invasion stalled. Where conventional weapons and technology worked, the invaders were pushed back. All the while, the column of green fire rose higher and higher into the sky until it was fully as high as the Twin Towers it had displaced!
Eventually, the invasion contained and then gradually forced back through the portal by careful application of the force of numbers and coordinated use of muscle-powered technology.
Fortifications were built, first at the outside perimeter where technology still worked, and then gradually in close proximity to the portal where all work had to be done by hand and animals.
It seemed like the situation was stabilized, and for most of the world, everything returned to normal, however, the green flame continued to burn unquenched and the portal remained open, and things slipped through from time to time. In New York City and then in other cities, unnatural predators stalked the night.
It was 16 years later that the first super was seen. Justin Murell, aged 15 at the time assaulted two police officers in the Bronx, killing them with his bare hands as bullets bounced off of his skin, finally picking up and throwing their police cruiser into another approaching squad car and leaping away in giant bounds of half a football field at a time! Other teens with super-human abilities began to be discovered soon after that most of them in New York City. Some made themselves available to be trained and work with law enforcement or the military. Others operated independently as vigilantes and private citizens using their abilities to help in natural disasters or to confront super-powered lawbreakers despite technically being lawbreakers themselves.

A very small number of supers have been identified in New York City. Even fewer have been identified in the rest of the entire world. Two of those have been confirmed as having been born originally in New York. Though their powers vary by individual, all of them seem to have a common origin in the New York City area and an almost inhuman perfection of physical appearance.

Last edited by HeroFan; 11-29-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:59 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1241
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
A Champions Supers game?!

This would be super cool. Street level Champions is fun and all, but sometimes you just want a butt-ton of points to sling around.

And I like the idea of a supers game being done at the very beginning...the 'first generation' of supers, so to speak.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:28 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9
Elder
Elder here

I would like to create a young hero named @slinky. His primary power is stretching. He cares about his social media likes.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
A Champions Supers game?!

This would be super cool. Street level Champions is fun and all, but sometimes you just want a butt-ton of points to sling around.

And I like the idea of a supers game being done at the very beginning...the 'first generation' of supers, so to speak.
Glad to have you aboard! What kind of character are you envisioning with all those points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
I would like to create a young hero named @slinky. His primary power is stretching. He cares about his social media likes.
Sounds great! I linked a blank character template (RTF) in the first post!
Old 08-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hmm! No Multipowers or Variable Power Pools, eh?

I shall have to start more simply, it seems, hehe. Photokineticist, perhaps? Hmmm...
Old 08-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 510
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
I am interested

Application
Name: Matt Galloglach
Hero Alias: Tempo

Appearance: Matt looked like one of the Greek gods, with striking features and a perfect smile. His rugged good looks went well with his Jet Black hair and blue eyes, standing nearly six foot tall and already sporting an athlete's physique. But Matt wasn't just a pretty boy, he was the whole package with brains and ambition as well.

Background:
Matt grew up in a military family, being home schooled while moving around base to base. He was going to be a third generation marine. His grandfather had migrated to the United States as a little boy from Ireland, living and working in New York. Matt's family has lived in almost every state at one point or another, depending on where his father was stationed at the time. His father included Matt in his own workout program as well worked on training him in the martial arts that he would one day need once he enlisted. Matt loved his parents and wanted to be just like his father and worked hard to make sure he would not only pass every test thrown at him, but be the best at it as well. His dreams was to eventually go into Force Recon, the special forces of the Marines. When Matt's powers started to manifest, Matt's father decided to focus on the hand to hand combat training and limited weapon training to just blades instead of firearms like he had been planning. After the 9/11 invasion, the military would need soldiers like Matt who could fight within the bubble and take the fight to its source, assuming Matt's powers works inside the bubble.

1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; 08-08-2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Updating Application
Old 08-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hm, there's interdimensional antics going on here...would a character with magic-based powers be all right? What about a character who wasn't entirely human (but appeared human)?
Old 08-06-2019, 06:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Fixed the link to the sample character sheets in the first post!

Also this week is my twenty sixth wedding anniversary!!! So yes, I am not as available for posting this week. Also I am having my computer and laptop upgraded while we're gone, and so what posting I do will be by phone, so you might see quick easy responses and not longer more detailed responses even though they have been waiting longer. Just an fyi.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, congratulations! Even if it means you can't answer my question about magic for a bit.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Hmm! No Multipowers or Variable Power Pools, eh?

I shall have to start more simply, it seems, hehe. Photokineticist, perhaps? Hmmm...
Actually, multi powers are allowed. Um, did I say something different in the description? Please let me know if I did, so I can correct it. Variable Power Pools are not allowed, however, and Elemental Controls are not actually a thing in 6th edition, just an FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
I am interested as well.

The MHI game is going well and I like how things play out here on this site.

Would we be allowed to use an elemental control framework?

Concept: Time Manipulation
* Stop Time = Teleport (unable to interact with world when time is stopped, must travel through connecting space)
* Slow Down Time = Increase Speed
* Speed Up Time = Able to heal self and others
Background: Joined Military
* Learns Martial Arts
* Weapon Training (even though it does not work inside the bubble)
These are all possible, though 1) there are no Elemental Controls in 6e, so you'd have to buy the powers outright. 2) The oldest your character could possibly be would be 17 years and 2 months old, so while he could join the military with his parents' permission, he'd have only the most basic training and would only have been in for a month or two.

That said, your characters can be exceptionally talented for their age, a regular savant in some area if you wish (and spend the points on it)!

Quote:
Hm, there's interdimensional antics going on here...would a character with magic-based powers be all right? What about a character who wasn't entirely human (but appeared human)?
Sort of but not really, at least not at this time. The PC's are all human beings born in New York City at least 9 months after the invasion event. Now the special effect for a PC could be 'magic', but it won't be part of any long tradition of real magic, so even if the PC believes his powers are 'gypsy magic' for example, there won't be any other gypsy magic workers that could really do magic that he learned from or anything.

The other dimension is unknown and unexplored at the beginning of the game. It may remain that way if the pc's spend their time interacting with the game world and fighting super villains and such. If it turns out that the other world ends up having more interaction, another character down the line might be able to be from that world, but right now only evil NPC types have come from there. :-D

I will note, however, that the other dimension is a Fantasy Hero world that I have prepared and intend to run someday on the site, so that would be fun to see from the other side.

Quote:
Hey, congratulations! Even if it means you can't answer my question about magic for a bit.
THANKS!
Old 08-07-2019, 02:25 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I had a notion for a faerie of some kind, but that's fine...I have many ideas and most of them are human beings. Just testing the boundaries.

As for the multipower thing: "No 'stop sign' or 'caution sign' powers."

Multipowers are 'caution' signs.

In fact, there's a lot of stuff that fits into that category that I may need to pester you about at some point. Avoiding ALL caution signs means avoiding most of the tools that really let you customize powers and stuff, it seems like.

But multipowers being okay helps a lot. Thanks for the clarification on that!
Old 08-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
This sounds great! I'm going to have to see about getting my hands on 6e.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
This sounds great! I'm going to have to see about getting my hands on 6e.
Awesome! If you want to start working on a character without a copy of the rules I'm glad to help! I uploaded some free reference sheets to the folder that I linked in the first post of this thread.

Hmm I should maybe mention that there is a book called Champions Complete that has everything to play Champions sixth edition, while the actual Sixth Edition rules for Hero System come in two books totalling about seven hundred pages, and is actually out of print but available in PDF format. I personally love the full ruleset, but it's not necessary for playing champions and this game specifically.

Last edited by HeroFan; 08-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10842
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Slider - WIP

Name: Jennifer Lawson

Hero Name: Slider

Sex: F

Physical Description: Jen is 5'10" tall with a lean athletic build. Currently, she dresses in t-shirts, a hoodie, stretch jeans, or leggings with athletic running shoes. She always has a ballcap of a professional baseball team of New York on her head, wearing it backwards. She has auburn hair, cut to shoulder length, and green eyes.

Powerset Description:

SLIDER'S CHARACTER SHEET

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 08-14-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
Komaru
Dynamo

I am thinking of a character named Dynamo, who generates electricity. Lightning being the most blatant manifestation (probably some sort of multi-power for different versions of lightning attacks). Apart from being pretty resistant to lightning damage herself (I was thinking of an absorption too, but that's a caution power), and a permanent (Always on) damage shield that discourages her from casual use of sensitive electronics, her other abilities would be built around the concept that she generates electricity, so some things (like being bullet proof) may not fit that naturally into the concept - unless that's just a given for all these first generation heroes.

Do you have some guidelines on combat value, defense, and attack damage class ranges we should target? Looking at 6e, for 300 pt ('Low powered super heroic') characters, they list a range of 6-11 for combat values, 12-15 for defenses (with 6-10 of that being resistant), and 6-12 for attack damage class. Is that what we should be considering the normal range for starting characters? If so, then I'd target the low side for defenses for her (maybe 6 resistant at most, and another 6 non-resistant), but closer to the mid/high side for her lightning damage class and combat values.

I am thinking of increased speed (6e suggests 3-8 for this power range, so perhaps a 6), extra-running, reflexes (Dex and/or Lightning Reflexes and combat values), and intelligence, based on her body's accelerated electronic impulses. But, not to the extent that she's a speedster. I am tempted to pump up int a lot, take some Int skills, (NOT computer programming), and make her a bit of a thinker.

However, all these pipe dreams are dependent on having the points, which in turn depends on what sort of 'standard' ranges I should be targeting for her basic combat ranges (hence that question I asked). The higher the ranges we should be targeting, the more I'll have to narrow the focus of the character.