Other [Champions 6e] 9 11 Teen Supers - Page 19 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 6 6 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Murdoch
Okay, I think that almost all works. I am not fond of having a defensive power( reflection) in a multipower, but I don't know how else to get it. So I see this as an attack hitting Void and then a portal opening up and sending the attack back at who launched it. Can I take a half move and hold the rest of my action to use a reflection, assuming I put the multipower points in that slot?

I would like to take the no range limitation off of the killing attack. If I need another point to make up for that I can make my Con 27. If I need two points I could just be +4 with the Reflection instead of +5
Old 11-29-2019, 12:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1878
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
Okay, I think that almost all works. I am not fond of having a defensive power( reflection) in a multipower, but I don't know how else to get it. So I see this as an attack hitting Void and then a portal opening up and sending the attack back at who launched it. Can I take a half move and hold the rest of my action to use a reflection, assuming I put the multipower points in that slot?

I would like to take the no range limitation off of the killing attack. If I need another point to make up for that I can make my Con 27. If I need two points I could just be +4 with the Reflection instead of +5
Okay, dropping no range only added one point and you were actually one point under, so all good with no other changes!

Now, you are absolutely right that I would NOT let a defensive power into the attack multipower, hower Reflection is actually classified in the rules as an attack power. The way it would work would be you would make an attack roll to Block an incoming attack, and then if that roll succeeds, you would make another attack roll to aim the Reflection at your chosen target. Your levels with Block to not apply to the second, Reflection roll, and you would need to have the multipower slot active before your Block action in order to use it to Reflect, since the Reflection itself takes no time as an action.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Murdoch
I think we are all set to go. I was mistakenly thinking of reflection as a defense power. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I am wondering if I can do part of a turn and then hold the rest. Say Void thinks someone is going to be targeted by a ranged attack, so he sets the multipower slot to reflection and then takes a half move to get between the attacker and that person. Can he then wait to block the incoming attack when it is launched or does he need to take his full turn at one time?

I am looking forward to getting started. Thanks for your patience.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
I think we are all set to go. I was mistakenly thinking of reflection as a defense power. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I am wondering if I can do part of a turn and then hold the rest. Say Void thinks someone is going to be targeted by a ranged attack, so he sets the multipower slot to reflection and then takes a half move to get between the attacker and that person. Can he then wait to block the incoming attack when it is launched or does he need to take his full turn at one time?

I am looking forward to getting started. Thanks for your patience.
Yeah, it is an interesting sequence of mechanics: 1) Reflection itself takes no time and is an optional add on whenever your character successfully completes a Block maneuver against a ranged attack. 2) The Block Maneuver itself is a Defensive Maneuver and can be 'canceled to', meaning you can block even when it's not your turn, by giving up your next action to go out of order. 3) HOWEVER, because Reflection is in your Multi-Power, it must be the active slot in order to be used.

Examples:

1) You CAN do a half phase half move action and THEN switch your slot to Reflection and do a Block and a follow-up Reflection all in a single phase. You can definitely do a half move and HOLD your remaining half phase just in case you end up blocking an attack.

2) You CAN cancel your next phase action to Block an attack AND Reflect the attack AS LONG AS the Reflection slot is ALREADY ACTIVE.

3) You CANNOT end a phase by attacking with a different attack slot, then cancel a future phase to Block an attack when it's not your Phase, and THEN use Reflection, only because of your Multi-Power slot still being in the last attack power that you used.

So in short, the main limitations on your use of Reflection are: 1) You have to block an attack before you can reflect it (and you, therefore, can't reflect any powers that you can't block, like area effect or indirect or mental attacks, for example); 2) Reflection only works for ranged attacks that you block, not for melee or no range powers that you block; 3) If you use another attack power in a given phase, you won't be able to reflect anything until your next phase action even if you cancel to a block action before that.

I hope all of that helps?

My pleasure! I am eager to get you in to play as well! Thank YOU for your patience in my process for character review; I am happy and committed to being on the same page with how your character works and us being happy with that before beginning play as much as possible. I'm sure there will still be some surprises in play, that's part of the fun!

Last edited by HeroFan; 11-29-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Murdoch
I thought I posted this question already, but it looks like it didn't post. Do you have an idea of when you might be able to work me in to the game?
Old 12-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Murdoch
I looked at the full write up for Void and Chloe and everything looks great. I should have mentioned that already as well.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I thought I posted this question already, but it looks like it didn't post. Do you have an idea of when you might be able to work me in to the game?
I got a story post up for you and pmd you the link!
Quote:
I looked at the full write up for Void and Chloe and everything looks great. I should have mentioned that already as well.
Great!