Other [Champions 6e] 9 11 Teen Supers - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 2 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10927
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
I'd be okay with a code vs killing. I think most people have one of those, when push comes to shove. Unless in fear of one's own life, of course.
Agreed, and fear of someone else about to lose their life.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1878
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
I'd be okay with a code vs killing. I think most people have one of those, when push comes to shove. Unless in fear of one's own life, of course.
Okay I will require the Code Against Killing and let you decide how committed the character is to it; I will require ego rolls if it seems to be taken too lightly though. That said, I am not big on hostage taking scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Code against killing would put a unique twist on my character that is, in a sense, throwing bombs or grenades. Those would be against the villain(s) or course, and she has other options at her disposal, so it's cool.
I am all for adding as much realism as possible, hit locations, etc. Getting closer to how tough it is to actually use one's powers and deal with repercussions like the X-men always face is a win-win in my opinion. I'd favor this kind of game over something leaning more towards 'Golden Age' style.
I hear you! I think that’s why I was unconsciously sending a mixed message, and for this game am going less dark with a corresponding sacrifice to realism. Hopefully we’ll get to do lots of Champions games and another game could focus more on gritty realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
I am perfectly OK with that. It brings the game tone into a higher range, and is pretty much default for modern super hero games (in my opinion). =)

And... it will help me get "grandma" out of the picture.
Cool. Gotta save grandma! Seriously I expect it to come up more in prioritizing actions more than as a stop to action. I like to keep a flow.

Quote:
Agreed, and fear of someone else about to lose their life.
That’s up to you, whether you take it at the “Total Commitment “ level. That said I am not going to force it to come up with any frequency.

Last edited by HeroFan; 08-12-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Wow, a lot happening here. That's great!

I see that hit location question is irrelevant now. I'm fine with Code against Killing. My concept was probably borderline anyway so it just cements her as a good guy.

A lot going on but app should be done tomorrow and then I can start number crunching. Concept first!

Edit: So do I see that there's another character with wings? I haven't been looking at builds, but saw the reference in passing.

Last edited by Nightshade; 08-12-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 332
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Ok. Character entry updated.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 08-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Wow, a lot happening here. That's great!

I see that hit location question is irrelevant now. I'm fine with Code against Killing. My concept was probably borderline anyway so it just cements her as a good guy.

A lot going on but app should be done tomorrow and then I can start number crunching. Concept first!

Edit: So do I see that there's another character with wings? I haven't been looking at builds, but saw the reference in passing.
Great, I definitely only want Good Guys! I donít recall another winged PCs , but I havenít actually looked at all the applications in depth yet pending getting my computer back.

Quote:
Ok. Character entry updated.
Cool, thanks! Just to clarify, I have specifically approved the use of the Unified Powers Limitation for your character powers, but not the character as a whole. This is because I have not had the computer to review any of the applications in total in the Hero Designer app yet. I should be able to start giving specific feedback on characters this week as I just heard my computer is ready to pick up.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Understood. I am not assuming that this character is approved by any means. This is RPGCrossing, after all. The protocol here is to wait until all applications are in, and then to pick the characters to join in the story. (And if Unified Power becomes an issue in any way, I have a few other characters I can present that don't use it.)

I am biding my time. =)

Old 08-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 508
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Okay itís still an additional vector from what I am prepared to spend time running storyline wise, but sounds like it could enhance everyones experience rather than taking over the game. I am tentatively ok with it, but it still sounds like possibly unsatisfying for you with your main focus being at best an ancillary focus in the game.
It's okay. I'm sure there'll be other ways to explore her views.

Quote:
QUESTION TO PROSPECTIVE PLAYERS: How do you feel about a campaign requirement for a Code Against Killings required Psychological Complications for all PCs?
Fine by me. Would this count towards the disadvantage limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
That'd be me.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Curious question GM:

Do you play/run any games at RPoL?

Old 08-13-2019, 01:23 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
Komaru
A bit of background for Dynamo:

Hannah Lee was born in NY city during the post-Event baby boom, just as construction of the fortifications was finishing up. Her father's work dried up, and the family moved to Atlanta, where she lived with her family like any other little girl, for the next 13 years. But then she lost her father to a heart attack, and her world began to fall apart.

Within a year, she was manifesting strange abilities. Soon, it became apparent that she was one of the new rare strain of children with strange unexplainable powers. After a great deal of adjustment and soul searching, Hannah and her family decided that she would join a fledgling program in which super-powered individuals join with law enforcement and the military to use their unique gift for the common good. Since that time, she's been featured in various advertisements and promotional tours, doing a lot more PR work than actual crime-fighting. However, once the campaign gets going, that will likely change.

Associated Complications:
Subject to Orders: Major; Frequent. 15 points.
Famous: Minor; Frequent. 10 points.

Associated Power:
Full Body Armor (flashy and functional, if not as protective as the stuff the real heavy duty soldiers get): 5pd/5ed = 15 active, OIF (-1/2) = 10 Real points (good thing she had some unspent points).
Old 08-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Name: Daniel Matson
Hero Alias: Pitbull

Appearance: Daniel has a very unique appearance due to his mutation. He stands 6' in height and has a very muscular physique from years of physical training and genetic modification. The majority of his skin is covered by a fine soft coating of gray fur, except in certain areas where more flesh is visible. Physically Daniel is a marvel to behold, his large powerful frame impossible to look past. His head unlike most humans however is not human at all instead he has a squat Pitbull head short ears, and a short snout similar to that of your every day Pitbull dog. His arms end in clawed hands however his feet more closely resemble paws again shaped like those of a dog.

Background:
Daniel grew up out of sight being raised by his geneticist father, who was sampling with a variety of different genetic modification tests, trying to create a more perfect human being. Daniel was the only offspring of his father's project to survive more than a few days. As such Daniel was raised away from others due to his unique appearance. He was schooled at home, and had very little to no interaction with others, except for online. Like a typical teen he enjoyed video games allowing him to escape his seclusion to an extent gaming with others online. When not in school or gaming he could generally be found exercising in the custom gym his father had in the facility. His natural musculature making him stronger than even the strongest of normal men, teamed with his aggressive physical training have made him incredibly strong.

Upon completing his online schooling early, Daniel had hoped to be permitted more freedom. His father however told him the world was not ready for someone like him. It left a sour taste in his mouth, having lived in seclusion his entire life, he wanted to see the world and meet other people in person not just online. As fate would have it his desire came true much sooner than he expected. One night as he was sleeping he woke to the smell of gas, his keen senses picking it up easily. As he moved to get from bed there was an explosion from the lab on the other side of the facility. It was powerful enough to nearly destroy the entire facility. Daniel was fortunate though and only suffered minor injuries. His father on the other hand was killed during the explosion, leaving him alone in the world for the first time ever. His father had set aside enough money for Daniel to live comfortably should anything ever happen, but had given him little in regards to experiences with other people considering his differences.

Daniel was forced to find a new place to live and deal with the fact that he was alone in the world. A world where he looked vastly different than everyone else. He is struggling to meet people let alone make friends based upon his appearance most people fearful of him when they see him.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 08-14-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10927
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Komaru - That simple body armor thing is a good idea. Maybe if you or I make the cut, we could lobby for all of the "team" (should there be a team) to wear them. I'd change up some things to allow for the suit in my build. Great concept. I like that it's almost more of a statement than it is a full blown armored suit, given it's low cost and only 5/5 defense stats.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 08-13-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Was hoping someone might be able to help me out with adding Improved hearing and scent for Pitbull. I have posted his stats above, though I am not sure they are correct as I have never done this system before. OK I added Tracking Scent, Ultrasonic Hearing, and regeneration I hope I did it right.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 08-13-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Plenty of knowledgeable players here that can help you JaredSyn, I'm unfortunately not one of them.

Revised my App and concept.

I have a pic or two to add and I'm going to start the rough build. No doubt I will need some help as well.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Understood. I am not assuming that this character is approved by any means. This is RPGCrossing, after all. The protocol here is to wait until all applications are in, and then to pick the characters to join in the story. (And if Unified Power becomes an issue in any way, I have a few other characters I can present that don't use it.)

I am biding my time. =)
Cool thanks! Iím still relatively new to this site and the etiquette and standards operating procedures, and my motivation for all my games is still at least in part to revive Hero System community on the site so Iím possibly more inclined to take more and greater variety of characters than I might otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
It's okay. I'm sure there'll be other ways to explore her views.

Fine by me. Would this count towards the disadvantage limit?

That'd be me.
It would count towards the disadvantage (Complications) total, yes! Also how well it is played would be a consideration in experience calculations.

Quote:
Curious question GM:

Do you play/run any games at RPoL?
Hmmm you know, I am familiar with the site, but donít think I ever ran anything there. I was very active on the old, Hero Central site for something like ten years before it closed.
https://web.archive.org/web/20100611...l.net/home.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
A bit of background for Dynamo:

Hannah Lee was born in NY city during the post-Event baby boom, just as construction of the fortifications was finishing up. Her father's work dried up, and the family moved to Atlanta, where she lived with her family like any other little girl, for the next 13 years. But then she lost her father to a heart attack, and her world began to fall apart.

Within a year, she was manifesting strange abilities. Soon, it became apparent that she was one of the new rare strain of children with strange unexplainable powers. After a great deal of adjustment and soul searching, Hannah and her family decided that she would join a fledgling program in which super-powered individuals join with law enforcement and the military to use their unique gift for the common good. Since that time, she's been featured in various advertisements and promotional tours, doing a lot more PR work than actual crime-fighting. However, once the campaign gets going, that will likely change.

Associated Complications:
Subject to Orders: Major; Frequent. 15 points.
Famous: Minor; Frequent. 10 points.

Associated Power:
Full Body Armor (flashy and functional, if not as protective as the stuff the real heavy duty soldiers get): 5pd/5ed = 15 active, OIF (-1/2) = 10 Real points (good thing she had some unspent points).
Nice! And a good reminder that characters have to pay points for equipment like armor in this genre! Thanks!By the way, I got my computer back and now finally will begin responding in detail to character submissions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Sorry are applications still open? I am not very familiar with Champions or 6E so i will probably need some assistance but I have a concept in mind already, for a mutant. Born different so he has lived a somewhat reclusive life. I did my best on building the character I apologize for any mistakes i tried using others builds to customize my own.

Name: Daniel Matson
Hero Alias: Pitbull

Appearance: Daniel has a very unique appearance due to his mutation. He stands 6' in height and has a very muscular physique from years of physical training and genetic modification. The majority of his skin is covered by a fine soft coating of gray fur, except in certain areas where more flesh is visible. Physically Daniel is a marvel to behold, his large powerful frame impossible to look past. His head unlike most humans however is not human at all instead he has a squat Pitbull head short ears, and a short snout similar to that of your every day Pitbull dog. His arms end in hands however his feet more closely resemble paws again shaped like those of a dog.

Background:
Daniel grew up out of sight being raised by his geneticist father, who was sampling with a variety of different genetic modification tests, trying to create a more perfect human being. Daniel was the only offspring of his father's project to survive more than a few days. As such Daniel was raised away from others due to his unique appearance. He was schooled at home, and had very little to no interaction with others, except for online. Like a typical teen he enjoyed video games allowing him to escape his seclusion to an extent gaming with others online. When not in school or gaming he could generally be found exercising in the custom gym his father had in the facility. His natural musculature making him stronger than even the strongest of normal men, teamed with his aggressive physical training have made him incredibly strong.

Upon completing his online schooling early, Daniel had hoped to be permitted more freedom. His father however told him the world was not ready for someone like him. It left a sour taste in his mouth, having lived in seclusion his entire life, he wanted to see the world and meet other people in person not just online. As fate would have it his desire came true much sooner than he expected. One night as he was sleeping he woke to the smell of gas, his keen senses picking it up easily. As he moved to get from bed there was an explosion from the lab on the other side of the facility. It was powerful enough to nearly destroy the entire facility. Daniel was fortunate though and only suffered minor injuries. His father on the other hand was killed during the explosion, leaving him alone in the world for the first time ever. His father had set aside enough money for Daniel to live comfortably should anything ever happen, but had given him little in regards to experiences with other people considering his differences.

Daniel was forced to find a new place to live and deal with the fact that he was alone in the world. A world where he looked vastly different than everyone else. He is struggling to meet people let alone make friends based upon his appearance most people fearful of him when they see him.

Okay I like it! And welcome and yes applications are still very much open! In fact due to computer unavailablility until now, I havenít actually reviewed ANY applications in great detail yet. I expect to be able to start that this week!

One thing to note, while having a fearful mutant appearance is a classic for the mutant superhero genre, in this specific game all the PCs are stipulated as being beautiful and or handsome. So having a mutant appearance and gray fur is cool, but it is still somehow very attractive rather than fear inspiring.

Quote:
@Komaru - That simple body armor thing is a good idea. Maybe if you or I make the cut, we could lobby for all of the "team" (should there be a team) to wear them. I'd change up some things to allow for the suit in my build. Great concept. I like that it's almost more of a statement than it is a full blown armored suit, given it's low cost and only 5/5 defense stats.
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Was hoping someone might be able to help me out with adding Improved hearing and scent for Pitbull. I have posted his stats above, though I am not sure they are correct as I have never done this system before. OK I added Tracking Scent, Ultrasonic Hearing, and regeneration I hope I did it right.
I will look at it.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Okay I like it! And welcome and yes applications are still very much open! In fact due to computer unavailablility until now, I haven’t actually reviewed ANY applications in great detail yet. I expect to be able to start that this week!

One thing to note, while having a fearful mutant appearance is a classic for the mutant superhero genre, in this specific game all the PCs are stipulated as being beautiful and or handsome. So having a mutant appearance and gray fur is cool, but it is still somehow very attractive rather than fear inspiring.
OH I see his super build makes him very attractive, teamed with his animal magnetism. The Bitches be loving him. LOL

Quote:
I will look at it.
I made some changes myself hopefully I have all the numbers right.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 08-13-2019 at 04:49 PM.